PDA

View Full Version : "I Know The Pieces Fit"

DriftingShade
08-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Since I started really listening to Tool, (which was only a few months ago, thanks to my girlfriend) I've listened to Schism a LOT and every time I hear the line "I know the pieces fit" I always think back to school and remember when I learned about the theory of Pangea, where the continents are all basically the pieces to a massive puzzle. I know this probably isn't the correct interpretation of the song, but my friend has told me his theory on the universe and there seems to be a lot of connections with Tool songs and said theory.

There probably is a name for this theory and I don't know it, but my friend's theory on the universe is that it is all one being that is experiencing itself subjectively through us and that we are all one consciousness that is the universe itself. With that said, since we are all the universe, we all saw the supposed "breaking of Pangea" because the universe existed when it happened and thus, so did we.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true, but it's just a small connection I found between the song and my friend's theory.

ufopancakes
09-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Cancer is a group of cells that continue grow and spread with a failure to communicate with the macro organism. By this definition, we are currently a cancer to this earth, and a severed communication between supposed 'lovers/brothers' is a cancer as well.

crincled
09-01-2011, 10:20 AM
^and that theory is called mr smith's matrix theory

iAMtheMA!
09-01-2011, 10:22 AM
the world is full of evil now which of those are one of yoooooou?
:D

(made me think of that, and bill hicks but enough of him)