PDA

View Full Version : Over-thinking, over-analyzing...

cureformax
11-02-2003, 06:04 PM
...separates the body from the mind.

Anyone ever think that this is a good thing?

crow011
11-02-2003, 08:12 PM
ideally, your body and mind should be in cohesive co-existence, thus making life pleasurable and extremely worthwhile . . .

but if we're talking about out-of-body experiences etc, then yeah, i huess sometimes its a good thing . . .

the point is, though, that without the body, the mind cant experience this material reality - pain, grief, heat etc . . .

without the mind, the body is kind of robotic - and somewhat useless . . .

thats just my take, anyway . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

Edgecrusher
11-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Don't judge so much, be more considerate and enjoy life. Like people who judge too much on looks then the beauty that people have inside of them.

g-bay-be
11-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Don't judge so much, be more considerate and enjoy life. Like people who judge too much on looks then the beauty that people have inside of them.

Uhh... im not sure where you are going with that last part. I'll try to logic it out.... over thinking and over analysing causes us to judge people by looks instead of inner beauty.... I'm not sure where you going though.... ?

anyway back to the topic... to seperating the boody from the mind would render the body useless, alot of times we do let our bodies go. think about when you go on auto pilot and you just stop thinking... you start to trip or drag your feet... you should always be thinking... i have always seen the brain as a grouping of gears that should never stop spinning

regal lover
12-10-2003, 03:34 PM
when we judge we lose our experience of the holy reality because we think TOO MUCH, we compare and contrast with other things that relate to us therefore we are really only judging ourselves and our own lives and this kills us and takes away feeling

simple example
you see someone who wears different clothes from you and start to analyse them and compare with what you wear to decide whether they are better than you meaning that you feel inadequate and are really judging yourself in front of a person who in reality is the same and would most likely be beneficial to get to know

Matter Specter
12-10-2003, 08:59 PM
where is the division between body and mind? that assumption is an error .

regal lover
12-11-2003, 11:21 PM
i dont know if im right but the way i see it is that all existence is a state of mind moving the richness of life outward through the power of thought, the mind is capable being one as well as multifaceted beings, its pure nature is absolute nothingness, but it is also capable of creating rich warm life energy with the intent of a divine plan, therefore what i think im saying is that when we overanalyse we are seperating ourselves from the richness of life and returning to our pure nature of nothingness. in this state of mind there is no fear so we would normally go here to avoid being afraid

MiRrOR
01-01-2004, 11:34 PM
i think, that maynard just likes thinking and analyzing stuff...

Suso22
03-10-2004, 06:21 AM
Anything in moderation is good...sometimes you have to analyze something over and over in order to fully appreciate its complexity. Analogy--You won't know how deep the pond is, unless you stick your leg in, then the other leg, then your torso, then arms, then...you get the point.

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-12-2004, 12:47 PM
ideally, your body and mind should be in cohesive co-existence, thus making life pleasurable and extremely worthwhile . . .

but if we're talking about out-of-body experiences etc, then yeah, i huess sometimes its a good thing . . .

the point is, though, that without the body, the mind cant experience this material reality - pain, grief, heat etc . . .

without the mind, the body is kind of robotic - and somewhat useless . . .

thats just my take, anyway . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

I think that in the context, the separation is a good thing. It's more or less about the OBE's, and Parabol(a) may even send you into one(read the OBE post in Parabol, or Parabola). It's like hypnosis; not being subconscious or conscious, you hear everything, but nothing matters. When I am hypnotized, I can't feel my body in most places. I know where everything is, but it's just like, it seems to be absent. Hypnosis is an amazing tool for the body and mind alike. Hypnosis lets you open up to suggestion, and you can utilize that for MANY things; almost everything. So if you had to put me up, I'm a YES. Definitely

LthirdSeyeD
04-03-2004, 03:34 PM
When I over analazy or over think something it usually seems like my whole ego or w/e you wanna call it is in my head. All I am is a mind I dont think about my body or my surrounding its just myself lost in my own mind over analzying things. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. When im thought to myself why we exsist It all leads me to belive all we need is our spirit or our mind we dont need an actual body

maelstrom_369
04-04-2004, 06:04 AM
It seems to me that it would be a good thing. The song seems to be about alchemy and reaching the golden body/quintessence which has very little to do with one's body and is all about mental/spiritual progression. So if you look at it in that context, remaining linked to your body is a drawback.

But I am probably wrong. :)