PDA

View Full Version : possibly floyd?

watchtheweather
12-12-2002, 05:29 PM
The concept of dispostion, reflection, and triad as a whole is a hard one to fathom. Not because the songs do not go good together that is not it at all. But not until you listen to these 3 (except not as three as a whole) will you begin to understand where tool is trying to settle. When Justin chancellor first joined the band in my eyes he brought a new (and much needed element) From the coming of aenima Tool was starting to seperate themselves from any other rock band. Aenima was very meldoic in its own since and was heavier than anything we had ever heard before. In the since of Danny Carry's powerful drumming. But i feel that lateralus is much different form aenima. Though both can be easily sperated as tool albums lateralus brought a new element to music that we havent seen since o i dont know maybe dark side of the moon? So this is were disposition, refelction, and triad come in to play. In my mind these three songs make this whole album (of course not taking anyhting away from the rest of the album) but after listening 2 this album when it comes to disposition it is one of the most beatiful 20 minutes of music ever. So hey tool i wouldnt mind having your next album be 80 minutes of songs that converge like these 3.

tiki_god7
12-14-2002, 01:32 PM
yea I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. A lot of my friends really like the older, heavier tool better. Lateralus seems to go so much farther beyond any of there other albums with their musicianship. Its like they're showing the world again that music really is art. Something that hasn't been realy done since Pink Floyd. Another thought I had about this is that I went to a tool show when they were first promoting lateralus. Then I went again the next year. the show seems to have changed a lot. It seems to be taking a more psychedelic approach to the show which I think is great, I am really looking forward to see what the next step they take is going to be.