PDA

View Full Version : Colors

Grudge76
12-12-2002, 05:25 PM
When I think of each Tool album, each seem to have colors directly established to them. Although i dont really count Opiate, i find yellow to come to mind. Undertow clearly connects with Black and Red. Examples of this start with the Cd cover, and go into the Sober video (where the images show red and black as the prominant colors) and also Prison sex, which has more of a black and white feel. The inner portions of the cd booklet are all black and white (black and white are all i see in my infancy).... prehaps the infancy refers to the young tool undertow cd in a way. Then we move to AEnima. Green and Blue now become the main colors with The cd booklet, Stinkfist and AEnema videos all mainly featuring these colors. I myself associate green and blue as passive and very "nature" colors. I feel this represents the growth and change of Tool musiclly and as a band....coming from an angry past (red and black) to a better more hopefull future.... growing from their past (green and blue) Lateralus once again includes vibrent color messages. The song itself states "black then white are all i see, in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be".....This is proved by picking up the cd case and seeing the outside slip is "Black and White"....as you move past that stage, and remove the slip, you are greated with a flash of red and yellow among other colors. The videos schism and parabola also show this.... starting with drab colors like gray, black, dark blue.... and move into vibrent endings (schism, the fire and parabola, the alex grey ending)...... The live shows also prove that Tool has a deep connection with colors, with the backdrop turning different colors as songs hit different points. Example: The Grudge begins with a Red backdrop (angry).....at the "choose to let this go" portion, the backdrop turns green and then back to red again for the scream. Sorry for the length, just something ive found kind of intresting.... Spiral out