PDA

View Full Version : Lost keys (blame hoffman)/Rosetta Stoned

Kilroy Washere
05-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Here's some research I've done on Rosetta Stoned and its companion track, Lost Keys (blame hoffman). Let it be your starting point.
-First off, Dr. Albert Hoffman studied and basically invented LSD.
-To lose your keys is a phrase meaning to lose your mind.
-X is a street name for ecstasy.
-DMT is another hallucinogen drug.
-The 'stealth banana' is a phase said by the great, late comedian, Bill Hicks.
-X-files was a show revolving around the existence of aliens.
-'Uncle Martin' was the alien from the show My Favorite Martian.
-A Dead Head is a follower of the Grateful Dead, and was typically known for doing acid.
-The Dave who floated away was probably Dave from 2001: Space Odyssey, who went through some psychedelic scenes after floating into the monolith.
-The parents from the peanuts movies always sounded like muffled horns more than voices.
-Bob refers to Maynard's journal in which he jokes about meeting god, who tells Maynard his real name is Bob.

My synopsis: Guy winds up in a hospital, shaken from an encounter with aliens. He explains his story to a man named Dr. Watson. Soon after he is committed into an asylum where he's strapped down to his bed. Understand, I am not saying that this was all an acid trip, nor that it was real. With evidence pointing both ways, I do believe the acid trip theory more. What did Maynard mean? I think he may have left it open on purpose. Whatever the case, I won't say I'm right.

mcnadd
05-20-2011, 05:01 PM
no one post here please please

fernygii
05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
didn't know that "Uncle Martin" could be conneced with an alien, nor did i think to connect "Dave" to Space Odyssey.

though according to a post by Blair on toolband.com, Dave is a friend of the band who saw some lights outside Area 51 one night.

anyway, seems like you get it.

I thought he was talking about David Duchovny floating away in that one episode of X-Files. pfft.

floaty
05-29-2011, 08:20 AM
The time Dave floated away is OBVIOUSLY referring to Dave Grohl when he wrote the song 'Floaty'