PDA

View Full Version : Forty-Six & 2 > Ænema

04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Now if you agree with me then go vote for it on the polls! Gah I can't believe the best song off of this album (or atleast one of the top 3) is losing to mainstream sounding Ænema. Not that I dislike the song in any way, but 46&2 is definitely more musically complex (I would know because I'm a bassist and can play both of these songs) and the lyrics are about 100x as meaningful and thought provoking as those in Ænema. Frig there goes one of my top four picks for my bracket :/

Ganjalf
04-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Wrong!

Ænema is one of the best tracks ever!

Gonna have to agree, forty six & 2 hardly holds a candle to Ænema live.

Lateralareallofus
04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
if anything, 46&2 is more mainstream. The repeption of the chorus "my shadow...etc" is very radio friendly

Lateralareallofus
04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
aenima just rocks jock's socks

lotus.
04-26-2011, 01:44 PM
aenima is the bees knees

04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
if anything, 46&2 is more mainstream. The repeption of the chorus "my shadow...etc" is very radio friendly

Are you effing kidding me?? What about Danny's awesome drum solo in the middle of Justin's bass line played on loop? That shit is dank and definitely more dank than any part in Ænema. I can't believe I'm being outnumbered and this isn't even the Ænema board. I'm Disgustipated!

joryj
05-24-2011, 06:16 AM
both are too wonderful to compare. as i say with every tool song its better than anyone else

joryj
05-25-2011, 06:09 AM
tool is the most flawless band ive ever seen and my favorite live band. i can honestly say i cant choose a favorite tool song although i listen to some more than others and i become obsessed with a different song all the time. i consider tool WAY better than anyother band

05-30-2011, 11:36 PM
here's some flawless tool for you ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz4fiwCE

Ha, back in the 90's I could see something like that happening, but Tool has learned from their mistakes ;)

Also, I'd like to apologize about calling Aenema "mediocre". It really is a good song and it too is one of my favorites off that album, but I feel like Forty Six and 2 was Tool heading in its new direction (hence Justin coming up with that unforgettable bass line). Tool already had Aenema written before Paul was replaced, so in a way it kinda reflects the Opiate/Undertow stage of Tool, while Forty Six and 2 in my opinion is the older brother of songs such as Schism and was the tip of the iceberg for what was to come for the future of the band... Can't really say the same for any other song off of Aenima except maybe for Third Eye.

base metal
05-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Both songs have terrible endings, imo.
(bad news 1st)

I prefer Aenima and I'll totally fight you guys about it.

Cheers

fernygii
05-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Forty-six & 2 has the same ending as Right in two.

05-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Forty-six & 2 has the same ending as Right in two.

I've heard people saying this. what part exactly is similar from each song? certainly not the "ending ending" of each because they don't sound identical at all.