PDA

View Full Version : Now Your Color Was White

Ultimo Hombre
04-20-2011, 09:45 AM
I kinda wanted to rattle the memories of the pros and fish out the coolest answers to these questions three: What's the background on the spoken word stuff at the end of Undertow? Like, is there well known in-the-studio stuff, or a generally accepted interpretation, an awesome light-shedding live experience from a hazy afternoon in the year..oh say, 1994?

I can only remember having a significantly good time with Undertow here and there in the past, really, depending on the sound system and the quality of my hearing aides, and the quality of my enhancement materials, but now that I'm older, and the album's older, I just kinda wanted to pretend it was new again.

04-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I don't know how your title is related to your post, but if you want to "pretend [Undertow] was new again" then I highly suggest buying a quality, yet affordable turntable (mines a Jensen JTA-220, got it for $69 at the local music/smoke shop in downtown bellingham) and finding a copy of Undertow on vinyl (the music store here is awesome and had almost every Tool LP including an import of Salival for a ridiculously high price). Doing this will make this album feel like 1993 all over again (okay, I was pretty young back then, but this album especially feels fresh on vinyl compared to digital).

Ultimo Hombre
04-30-2011, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=62827;2990012]I don't know how your title is related to your post