PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy in the FAQ is wrong....

maizystar
02-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Im really sorry to ask this but I have a feeling that the response in to the song jimmy in the FAQ is very wrong. Maynard was born James Keenan Hence the Jimmy (his mother's pet name for him) He was 11 years old when his mother had a syroke that left her paralized ( hence the eleven references). These lyrics especially say it - "Leaving me with dead and hopeless, eleven and she was gone eleven is when we waved good bye"....I have read in an interview that it was written about this time and experience that he had..... I may be wrong, But that is what i have read a few times and if you really listen to the lyrics, especially in the bridge section of the song ( I am somewhere I don't wanna be....) It makes alot of sense.

Ohio was also where Maynard first lived and i think she may have had the stroke in Ohio (im not too sure of this)

Im not too sure about how to let the FAQ know that there may be a mistake on their sheet, but i thought I'd see if others agreed with me before contacting the admins....

any thoughts you have are greatly appreciated...

5th Eye
02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Nothing you just said contradicted the FAQ.

hellboy1975
02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Not sure the FAQ is wrong as such, just missing a bit of detail that you suggest. Also the FAQ hasn't been updated in a long time, I wouldn't hold out high hopes of it being updated any time soon.

Mosis
02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
don't overanalyze so much - this song's just about young maynard's troubles with math

"one and one are one, uh, eleven...?"

Gueifu
02-23-2011, 12:59 AM
I just tried out as you suggested and it works great
Thank you so much.

maizystar
03-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks your insight all... I have a really good friend born in Ohio, who's mother had a stroke when he was 11 ( she was in an accient though) Jimmy has always reminded me of (paticually the line - under a dead ohio sky...) I just couldnt belive the similarities in his story to Maynards. I would say reading into it a bit too much is what's going on, i was just trying to find out a bit more info on this song as it is very relevant to me and it has always been one of my favorites .

maizystar
03-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Nothing you just said contradicted the FAQ.

Im not to sure how much of the FAQ you have read but it doesnt really give you much information on this song at all, just a few mubbled notes about looking at the CD for for more of an insight, but there is more to it than just that, im sure.....

I have great admiration for Maynard and the truly amazing mind that he has. I have always wished i could write songs like him and after seeing them in Feb this year I joined these sites so i could find out more about their music and where he was at when they were written.

Im sorry if I offended you in anyway by my post. I was just looking for answers to my own questions.

dsl
08-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I am somewhere I don't wanna be....

That's not even from this song, lol.

ufopancakes
09-03-2011, 06:13 AM
pushimmy

Jimmit.

israfelwater
11-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Im really sorry to ask this but I have a feeling that the response in to the song jimmy in the FAQ is very wrong. Maynard was born James Keenan Hence the Jimmy (his mother's pet name for him) He was 11 years old when his mother had a syroke that left her paralized ( hence the eleven references). These lyrics especially say it - "Leaving me with dead and hopeless, eleven and she was gone eleven is when we waved good bye"....I have read in an interview that it was written about this time and experience that he had..... I may be wrong, But that is what i have read a few times and if you really listen to the lyrics, especially in the bridge section of the song ( I am somewhere I don't wanna be....) It makes alot of sense.

Ohio was also where Maynard first lived and i think she may have had the stroke in Ohio (im not too sure of this)

Im not too sure about how to let the FAQ know that there may be a mistake on their sheet, but i thought I'd see if others agreed with me before contacting the admins....

any thoughts you have are greatly appreciated...

"I am somewhere I don't want to be" is from Pushit, not that that makes a whole lot of difference to what you are saying. I moved when I was eleven. My mother remarried and bought a house on a hill. A lot of the Tool fans I speak to relate this story of something happening to them when they were eleven.

I think it is more about child hood. Having dreams of being the Hero and who the Hero is. And having these dreams walk beside you your entire life. These dreams giving us expectations of the world. Giving us guidance, like a gaurdian angel "making every promise empty."

You know cuz we, serve the old dream, ...--man, everything I could say about this just comes rushing through me. One and one, it's like ten you know, ha eleven, find love, lose love, go and love more!

Gnosis Ordo
11-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I thought I'd make my first post here because of the occassion of the date 11/11/11

I am defending my light too. as for the original post , I always thought it was about young Jimmy Keenan..

shoddyAnimal
11-24-2011, 12:15 PM
I am defending my light too.

Where the hell have you been??!?

Rolo
11-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I thought I'd make my first post here because of the occassion of the date 11/11/11
In my timezone you where 2:43h too late to do so

Inner_Eulogy
11-26-2011, 12:14 AM
In my timezone you where 2:43h too late to do so

Run kitty RUN