PDA

View Full Version : A Trip With The Spirits

Newmanium
01-30-2011, 09:49 PM
So me and my buddies are musicians in a band and in recent months have become completely inebriated with Tool and their amazing lyrics and music and just all around art. And so, being the good teenagers that we are, we enjoy the occasional drug experimentation. So we decided to take lysergic acid diethylamide together and listen to tool, specifically Lateralus, and every since then it has become a tradition of ours to listen to lateralus in its entirety and ponder its infinitely great sonic wonders when we use this particular substance. Well to get to the point, we were experiencing one of these trips with a dear friend of ours just talking about the meaning of life and our being on this earth and the state of humanity at present when lateralus went into disposition and then to reflection. Just from previous experiences we knew about the spiritually intense nature of the song but this particular time was unique. We were just listening to the song and, I was having more of the same beautiful closed eye visuals, that cannot be described and I have no doubt my tripping companions were seeing much of the same, and we had been conversing with each other throughout the other songs but on this one we let the music grasp our spirits. The song went along and the music began to intensify during the final verse and suddenly... it stopped.... My Ipod, which was the one we were using, had shut down and was at present restarting. Now some of you may say it was just a mechanical error, which is also completely plausible, but just for the record, that shit has NEVER happened to my ipod before. Whether its common or not i dont know and i can only speculate what the cause of the interruption was but just as a thought, I would say that the energy flowing between the five of us and the energy brought by the spirits attracted to the song and our vulnerability overwhelmed the machinery and shut off the soundtrack of our mind adventure. It was completely mysterious and unexpected and naturally we just plugged in another Ipod and continued from where we left off but it is something that has grasped my attention and seemed strange and awe inspiring at the time. So share your thoughts and such...

lotus.
01-30-2011, 09:57 PM
hahaha

i've had unexplainable things like that happen numerous times while tripping with friends. LSD + friends = the universe. our uni verse.

slamminsalmon
01-31-2011, 04:29 AM
yeah my dvd player fucks with me especially my tool dvd's, only when im tripping.