Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Flood
Schism
Lateralus (with Kirk Hammett)
46&2
Third Eye
Stinkfist

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

ROCKMOUSE
01-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Aenima
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Flood
Schism
Lateralus (with Kirk Hammett)
46&2
Third Eye
Stinkfist

Samsara
01-16-2011, 02:03 AM
A wonderful set list including Kirk Hammet for 'Lateralus'. With earplugs for the first few seconds, it was quickly apparent that the 'plugs' were not necessary as everything was perfectly balanced. No ear-ringing problems in our seats at 4th row center. Can only hope that TOOL will be back to promote their inevitable next album.

Faustian
01-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Merkaba before Flood, Orion in the middle of Lateralus, come on

tooldude
01-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Merkaba before Flood

wat? are you sure that wasnt just the long intro to flood?

trebor777
01-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Kirk Hammett must have had one of the bests nights of his life - you know, being able to finally play with a great drummer. ;-)

highlander
01-16-2011, 08:00 PM
3rd time seeing TOOL. Exceptional as always.
They started 1/2 hour late which was appreciated due to the fact that Blaisdell only has one way in for everyone. And I think there was a state shortage of metal detecting wands because there definitely weren't enough being used to get everyone in in a timely manner.

Previous set lists were accurate. And that was the opening for Flood. They played a spot of metallica's Orion in the middle of Lateralus too.

The bands timing was outstanding. I was wondering if try would be a little off after a long layoff.

Maynard introduced Kirk Hammett before Lateralus with something to the effect of: "who likes surprises? Oh, hi Kirk.". Hammett was sporting a nice hawaian shirt. The collaboration did'nt start out great because I think they had kirks volume a little low. But once they got going into Orion, with Adam and Kirk playing the harmonized parts together it sounded awesome.

Danny was wearing a Jayhawks jersey

Overall awesome show. Can't wait until the next time.

soreal
01-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Epic night. To say the very very least. Met a lot of cool people the whole weekend.

Muskeg
01-17-2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152415

Croma
01-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know what was on the sign that Maynard held up for the crowd to see after Kirk Hammett completed his Orion solo during Lateralus? My guess is "Applause" lol, please someone fill me in!

soreal
01-17-2011, 04:30 PM
6 or a 9 im pretty sure

Anti501
01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know what was on the sign that Maynard held up for the crowd to see after Kirk Hammett completed his Orion solo during Lateralus? My guess is "Applause" lol, please someone fill me in!

blackwood
01-18-2011, 10:25 AM

I'm pretty sure it was an upside-down 3.

Samsara
01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure it was an upside-down 3.

At 4th row, it was a '3'.

Simon B
01-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Jealous? Me? YES!

Anti501
01-21-2011, 08:18 AM
At 4th row, it was a '3'.

I defer to your proximity. I wasn't as close, and things were a bit "fuzzy" from my perspective. I'd have to agree w/Maynard's assessment of the performance. IMO the song was just off with Kirk there; he's a really good player, but he seemed a bit lost. Understandable. Here comes the bashing from Metallica fans, I suspect.

Also, did anybody else notice Danny counted off Stinkfist, like, twice as fast as normal, and he and the guys corrected the tempo in like two beats? I didn't notice that live, but you can clearly see/hear it on some of the YouTube boots. Not a criticism, jut an observation that Danny is, indeed, human, but still an absolute beast of a musician. I've only seen then three times, but IMO Danny put everything he had into that night's performance. What a powerhouse, but I ramble...

heilig_wissenschaft
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Anti501;2974229]I defer to your proximity. I wasn't as close, and things were a bit "fuzzy" from my perspective. I'd have to agree w/Maynard's assessment of the performance. IMO the song was just off with Kirk there; he's a really good player, but he seemed a bit lost.

3 is the highest possible score MJK gives to any guest musician....but MJK showed it upside down so it read like an E......i was in row 9 in front of Adam, and yes, at first Kirk was a bit low but once they fixed it, he was right fuckin on!!!! And when Kirk was doing his solo, Adam was watching him like a hawk. It was a great friggin show, i hadn't seen MJK so animated ever!!!!! with all those butt jokes, all the dancing, taking our pictures and that whole game he had going with the flying toy helicopter was BRILLIANT!!! Also, LOVED the new visuals during DC's solo in 46 & 2 when they lit him up from behind with all those multi-colored intercrossing Mandalas \mm/

blackwood
01-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Haha yah, I forgot about the helicopter. Good stuff.

Kirk's solo was... a bit off. He's much better at writing than at improvising.

Some videos from the show:

Aenema - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wMsuvCBgMg
Jambi - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXQOyXFzTw
Vicarious - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cb2qnTb5A

Anti501
01-31-2011, 12:35 PM
I would like to add the sound was phenomenal. Don't know if FOH people read this but I was posted up near the board and I was literally blown back by the sub frequencies---in a good way. Like, the kick and bass were coming from the inside out, and at the same time I could literally feel my shirt being pushed against my chest (no I was not tripping :( ). The interesting thing is despite the sheer force and presence of the low end, the mids and highs were also entirely present without being painfully harsh. Kudos! Except I hate the frigging megaphone (not FOH's fault, I'm sure).

I'd sure like to know how this got pulled off. I've been to lots of concerts (including Tool) and never quite experienced this phenomenon. New technology? Happy accident? Or trade secrets?

spiral2spiral
02-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Kirk Hammett must have had one of the bests nights of his life - you know, being able to finally play with a great drummer. ;-)

LOL.

1and1are1eleven
02-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Also, did anybody else notice Danny counted off Stinkfist, like, twice as fast as normal, and he and the guys corrected the tempo in like two beats? I didn't notice that live, but you can clearly see/hear it on some of the YouTube boots. Not a criticism, jut an observation that Danny is, indeed, human, but still an absolute beast of a musician. I've only seen then three times, but IMO Danny put everything he had into that night's performance. What a powerhouse, but I ramble...

I think Danny accidentally started playing Parabola, as they are both written in E. I remember thinking, Stinkfist starts out with feedback in E, Parabola could theoretically do the same, so which will it be? I suppose Danny got mixed up. I could see him laughing, and Justin looking down and giggling.

Incidentally, the funny looking 3 made another appearance a week later. I went to Dan's guitars in Honolulu the next day and they seemed to think that Maynard was trying to tell Kirk to play in the right key, which, thinking back, I believed at the time because Kirk sounded a bit off.
However I saw them again a week later at the Big Day Out Festival in Sydney, this was their setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Lateralus
Aenima
The Pot

So, only a few changes. But Maynard held up that same sign in the middle of Lateralus shortly after Orion! I suspect he did the same in all their shows, so now I have no idea what it means.

gnjasmkr
04-19-2011, 10:10 AM
This trip will forever remain very special to me.

@.@ AMAZING!!!

See you on the next tour!

BassMasta87
11-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't remember hearing The Patient at this show. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. I was so happy about the good sound--the subs were amazing! I was also happy that they opened with Aenima. I have not been enjoying the long intros as show starts.