PDA

View Full Version : some new thought... (as far as ive seen online)

colafood
12-28-2010, 12:03 AM
it seems to me that the "schism", means a seperation of ones' concious and unconcious thought, and when he says "the peices fit" he means bringing together ones' shadow, or subconcious, with his concious mind. some say in the video that the 2 people are representing a man and a woman, which makes sense if you think about anima/animus existing in one person, and balancing the ego unconciously fulfilling the others' needs.
i found the following quotes from http://changingminds.org/explanations/identity/jung_archetypes.htm#sha

The Self:
"For Jung, the self is not just 'me' but God. It is the spirit that connects and is part of the universe. It is the coherent whole that unifies both consciousness and unconsciousness. It may be found elsewhere in such principles as nirvana and ecstatic harmony. It is perhaps what Jaques Lacan called 'the real'.
Jung described creation of the self as a process of individuation, where all aspects are brought together as one. Thus 're-birth' is returning to the wholeness of birth, before we start to split our selves into many parts."

"Anima and animus are male and female principles that represent this deep difference. Whilst men have an fundamental anima and women an animus, each may also have the other, just as men have a feminine side and women a masculine. Jung saw men as having one dominant anima, contributed to by female members of his family, whilst women have a more complex, variable animus, perhaps made of several parts."

maybe just me, but songs like schism and prison sex and vicarious all the videos for them make me think about some kind of journey through the mind, with so many hidden rooms and strange creatures being discovered through symbolism, and it seems to me that the characters are searching for something, going deeper into the mind until at the end of the song they usually discover some kind of revelation.

thrakthrak
04-01-2011, 03:45 AM
i think the music video shows the song as if it was about adam and eve. there's also a tree in the video, the fact that there is no apple doesn't change the plot since the fact of temptation is just shown in a less obvious way.

but the song is about any schism in general. just the idea of allienation i think.