PDA

View Full Version : sway with me, swaaaay me~

silverysights
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM
the rendition of this song moves me. it really does. i'd been taking this song like a 2xaday pill for the past week or so, and want to share my thoughts now. i always like to analyze when smoking, as it helps my attention to detail; the guitar and drums seem much sharper and clear.

The way they rock this riffs for the first three+ minutes or so just makes me sway. :) an excellent intro to let the mind unravel and take it in. i don't even mind the live recording; in fact, i find it endearing and soulful. jones' little melodic ( almost whimsical?) liberties are great; the minute vocal indiscretions (which seem to carry a purposeful conviction anyway) don't really bother me; they simply took me a little getting used to. the way keenan scoops those half-step intervals might leave one feeling vulnerable, wondering where the ground went. (/shifty eyes)

this song's riff is so haunting; the way they perform it infused with the goods is what moves me. the subtleties and nuances of the guitar nearing the end of the second instrumental riff, e.g. the moments before 5:00 are great. listen closely, if you haven't! they flick color in there, and it lights up like fireworks when the similar material is reintroduced.

and when they kick it again at ~5:30, that vocal harmony almost sweeps me away. oh, i'm swooning. i've gotta stop. mwahah~! i know nothing of vocal equipment, on account of i'm a sad penniless student, but i'd love to fiddle with that kind of stuff if i ever had the chance, if it can do something like that when used right.

at 7:26, that primary motif comes back, with that temporally distorting tick-tock, tick-a-tock rhythm and those questioning, beckoning minor 3rd skips. each repetition of this motiv succeeds at nudging me further in the right direction, and it rocks me, and i loooove it.

at 8:31, keenan omits and replaces that major 3rd from the original song in that climax, the "you liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiied," with a perfect 5th, which is really what i felt it was begging for. establishes that dominant-tonic relationship with a resonating BAM and draws that bitch out for as long as he wants, like he's fishing,

from then on, it's carey and the rest doing whatthefuck ever, enjoying those rhythmic hiccups there at the end, until it comes to a punchy halt and everyone squeals, 'eeeeeyaaaayyy".

it's funny, because as i'm listening and comparing the peach and tool tracks, i find myself making a face at the next album on the peach gb album. the stark contrast is so different, like taking a swig of what you thought was bourbon but finding it was straight coke. ew.

Rolo
11-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Try comparing this Spasm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrPuDAizzA4) cover with the original track.

RayBourque777
11-11-2010, 04:17 AM
I know I don’t really get it and that I’m blind and that I’m in the mist and everything else. This is just the way I’ve interpreted things so far.

So I’m not really sure what I am exactly and it’s been making things more confusing as I go. I mean I know I’m a person and everything and I definitely have all sorts of emotions but I know without a doubt that I’m not like the others. I don’t just mean the others in the sense of the 91% of normal type people that are out there, but I’m pretty sure I’m a lot different than the other 9% in some very significant ways that often times lead to more trouble than good. Not because I’m trying to make trouble, but because I seem to mess up things that should be easy, but I screw up completely by accident, without intending to do so in ways that seem like I am either an idiot, or a deceitful asshole.

Sometimes I think I’m some sort of program that keeps messing up and malfunctioning in ways that really piss off whoever or whatever designed me. First and foremost, God because he designed all of us, but there’s more to it than that, there’s definitely a human element to it as well, both gov and civ. It’s like there’s a bunch of people who have a lot of money invested in me and are expecting me to eventually blossom into something of value.

Someone who will write stories, movies or songs in a way that will help other people both now and in the future better understand the world without giving away too much of “the secret”. From their point of view I should probably be able to follow their set of very confusing unwritten rules, heed their very obvious warnings and learn from their ruthlessly taught lessons without too many problems, which I’m sure many writers before me have also been cursed to do. It’s just that despite any theories of fate, or possible design or plan for a person, it is the person (you, me or anyone else) that has to make the choices in this world. Either intentionally or by accident people choose to fail or succeed, right or wrong, life or death all the time.

I understand that many of the gov-shad people that run this whole thing and tend to their sheep the best they can, are like politicians in the sense that they have to, both by nature and because their careers demand it be far more emotionless than normal people. I wont go so far as to say they’re completely soulless but to an extent they are. They have to be to make some of the decisions they have to make. I even had to “sell my soul” so to speak to come to terms with how this world really works and because anyone who wants to do what I want to do (write, sing, create, build and get paid for it) on the level I want to do it, has to. That’s just how this game works. It’s kind of difficult to explain but the way I’ve interpreted/come to terms with it is - I had to sell 73% of my soul to a higher power for the rest of the time I’m alive. But it’s ok because the way I see it is, if I sell my soul while I’m living I’ll get it back when I die if I’m a good person. Which isn’t as easy as it sounds because there are constantly thoughts, emotions, forces and people, that will try to turn you into a monster.

I know I have been, am currently being and always will be tested in one way or another and the choices I make will dictate what happens next, whether it’s a knife or a treat. I’m pretty sure the reason I mess up seemingly obvious choices as often as I do is because my emotions get in the way. I know the people in charge get really pissed off at me for it, but sometimes they do things, show me things and test me in ways that they might think are straightforward and very simple but they aren’t always right. I know I’m not supposed to freak out and act like an idiot, but I’m still a person and I feel stuff and sometimes when they’re trying to fix me or teach me things they overlook the simplest solutions because they can’t actually believe I can be fixed as easily as I’m claiming I can be. It’s weird, but I think it’s because there are things they take for granted and that come so easy to them that they find it difficult to believe that a complicated problem, or a very steep hurdle can be overcome with the simplest of solutions.

As an example I had a job at a factory where they were testing me and teaching me and seeing if I could be brought into the game, I think. What I mean by this is there were probably 15 or 20 people out of 95 people that worked there that were government trainers, who were there working on/with me as an assignment….

(I’ll just say that from now on I’ll call them “g-rainers” because some people get spooked or feel uncomfortable when they see the word government when they really shouldn’t be. Cautiously optimistic would be better. Also I will say that, by law, 100% of what I am saying has to be in my head, but just the same anyone who feels compelled to call me delusional-insane-paranoid schizophrenic etc…. don’t bother, none of those comments are relevant at this point, nor will they offer anything of constructive value. I am a functioning person within society, I don’t, nor will I ever, run around screaming about government conspiracies, and yes I even understand that many of the people I’ve known my whole life are employees of the gov and have been keeping an eye on me for quite some time. To be honest, even though many of them may try to get me to give up on my dreams and just fall into line and get a job and keep my mouth shut like someone from non-elite class is supposed to, I’m still kind of flattered by it. In a way. I guess a better way to say what I feel about these g-rainers would be to say that – I don’t think they’re all out to get me, there’s plenty of them that are out to protect me too.)

…so I’m being tested/taught at this job in all sorts of ways that are really difficult to explain but I’ll do the best I can without making this into a book. What they’d do for the first few weeks was inform me how very easy it would be for them to kill me. “DIE, DIE AGAIN” (Avenged Sevenfold explains) They had all sorts of traps set, offer my neck to anyone who would take it for “five bucks”, random vans sitting next to my car outside and many many other very real ways, but I don’t want to talk about them because in reality, the so-called killers only become killers if you want them to be. Just don’t freak out when they’re testing you and they’ll have no reason to kill you, or accuse you of insanity or force you to quit.

RayBourque777
11-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Those sort of thoughts were, for the most part, in my head anyways because after a few weeks of working there, and I showed I wasn’t too freaked out and wasn’t going to give them away by jabbering like a lunatic they began to lift the mist a little. It turns out that one of the kids I was certain was a crazy murderer wasn’t a killer after all. Now they made it seem as though him and me were in direct competition with each other and that the loser was dead. He didn’t exactly make me feel like this wasn’t the case because he was pretty intimidating and there were references to a “dirt-nap” or ten. When he stopped coming into work I thought I’d won some sort of non-existent game and that was that. Then a few weeks later he suddenly reappeared and it turns out he was just a dude trying to work his job and the reason he missed so many weeks was because his pregnant wife had complications and had their child prematurely and he ended up staying with her at the hospital for the whole time she was there.

I’m not getting into all the others, but there were easily five or six people there that seemed like they wanted to knife me, but they’re not monsters, they’re people. They’re only monsters if you want them to be. Once you show them you’re not afraid and that you’re willing to stand up for yourself and FIGHT, it slowly begins to get better. It turns out that some of the people that worked there had connections in the music business. After a month or so it was revealed that not only were these people not going to kill me, but one of the kids had an uncle who is a music producer in NYC, another was a guitar player looking for a band, and another was working there part time while finishing school at Connecticut School of Broadcasting and his dad was making him work there to build a little character. Oh and his family had a bunch of money and they had a recording studio at his house.

I guess another way I could say the way I was seeing it would be to use a movie. Stephen King’s “The Mist” So the main character has a gun and all the other characters are in the mist with him and they begin to get to him and he thinks he’s the victim of some sort of conspiracy. He gets so freaked out that he ends up killing people and then the mist is lifted. It turns out he wasn’t supposed to kill everybody. It was a test and he failed.

A real life story of someone who failed the test was the guy in Connecticut who murdered a bunch of people at that warehouse over the summer. He was caught stealing on video and was given the chance to resign, but he thought everyone there was out to get him and he ended up killing people instead. They got to him, they turned him into a monster and they won, he, and many other families lost. The reason I say they got to him is because on the news it said that racist remarks were made to him, and some pretty sick joke/tests. Like in his locker or something they wrote that he was a dirty ****** and drew a picture of a noose. On the wall next to the noose was the initials of other people that worked with him but his initials weren’t there implying they were going to lynch him.

The reason I say this was a test he failed was because it happened to me before like a year or two ago. I’m not black so they couldn’t call me a ******, but they drew a tree with a noose on the branch. On the tree they drew a heart with the initials of everyone in the group except for me. I got the noose. It was a trick. They weren’t going to lynch the dude, they were playing one of their vicious games and he collapsed and turned into a monster. It sucks and I think it’s terrible that things like that happen. You can’t let them beat you like that, I mean you have to fight them but not with a knife or a gun. In fact sometimes if you just talk to the people that seem like they’re out to get you, or you think are plotting to kill you, you might find out some of them are just regular people. Of course some of them really are fucking assholes, but not all of them.

Anyways the reason I stopped working there was entirely their fault but before I say what it was I’ll tell you about some of the tricks they played, most of which were really neat. Since I can read a little of the matrix I knew there were grainers there, but I had no idea the level I was actually playing on, or I suppose I should say how far out of my league I was until the next day.

So after my first night my grandfather came to pick me up because I didn’t have my truck on the road yet. It’s a little after midnight and were going to his house a few miles down the road. I noticed one of the grains sitting in his car giving me a look. I didn’t really think anything of it because we got out at the same time, nor did I give much thought to the fact that he pulled out behind us after we got about a thousand yards down the road… he was just going home right? So I chit chatted with my grandfather on the ride back half looking in the side-view mirror to see the bastard still back there, even around the 3 turns we took until we got onto his street. When we were about halfway down I noticed the prick turn down behind us. Once we got there my grandfather went inside and I told him I would be in in a minute because I was going to smoke a cigarette. Apparently the grain was following me because the bastard didn’t know it was a dead end street, he went flying by the house at about 40 and slammed on his brakes when he got to the end almost crashing into the barrier down there. I was laughing, I was like HAH the bastard is going to have to face me when he comes back up. He drove by with this weird smirk on his face like he’d been busted and I barked at him like a dog.

The next day on the front page of the paper there was the picture of a paralyzed dog in a cute little doggie wheelchair. (I’ve come to learn that when you piss them off or start to get out of line not only will they threaten to stick a sharpened piece of steel into your neck, but they’ll threaten far worse things, like paralyzing you from the neck down, which I can assure you they have the ability to do.) And that’s not the first time I got to be in the newspaper, but I’ll say more about that when I get into the Italian mafia later.

RayBourque777
11-11-2010, 04:23 AM
In any event working in this place was quite strange for a lot of different reasons. It was almost as though they could read my mind, or, at the very least somehow had a very good idea as to what I was going to do next. I’m not going to give away anymore of their tricks because I don’t feel like it, but holy Jesus there were a lot of them. Though I will say that you better understand that there is in fact a difference between Asians, Blacks, Jews, Muslims, Irish, Italians, Polish, Russians, French Canadians and Native Americans. Even though they punished me relentlessly I was kind of pissed I had to stop working there, because I knew it was only the very beginning and there were plenty more lessons to be learned.

It was neat how they knew the things I did when I got out of work too. For example, one night I was really bored after work and I wanted to smoke some weed. I only had 5 dollars and didn’t have any connections who sold nick bags of shit weed, the two people I did know only sold 20 a gram bud and their minimum orders were one gram. So I went across the bridge to “the block” in Holyoke where I was betting one of the Puerto Rican gangs would be out on the corner. I had been on good terms with the Puerto Ricans at work so I was hoping the gods of the Puerto Ricans would be nice to me and I wouldn’t be jumped, or robbed or car jacked or anything. Another thing to worry about over there was the police because white people aren’t supposed to be trolling around the block after the sun goes down so when the cops do see white people they tend to pull them over knowing they’re looking for drugs and tell them to get back on the other side of the bridge.

After a few minutes of cruising I had to give up because it started raining and everyone was off the streets, but I did drive by a hooker and thought to myself – huh most prostitutes probably do drugs maybe she has some weed. But I was too worried about the cops so I decided against it and headed back towards home. As soon as I rounded the corner I saw a cop in the road just sitting there with his interior light on spacing out, so I said fuck it, he looks busy I’m going to loop back around and pick that girl up. So I did. She hopped in and asked me what I needed and I asked her if she had any weed. She didn’t and I was kind of pissed because I wanted to smoke but what could I do. So I figure one drug is just as good as another and I hadn’t gotten anything in about a year so I said, well I got five bucks how about a handjob. She was like, sure so I drove her across the bridge and hid on a side street and that was that.

The next day I go into work and the security guard asks me how the prostitute was the night before. So I go “not bad, I was actually looking for weed but ended up with a handjob instead, take what I can get I guess.” He had kind of a look of disbelief on his face. Almost as though he expected me to be surprised that they knew what I was up to the night before. Just the same when I was walking down the hall to my work area I thought to myself, damn these guys are good. I guess I was surprised they knew, but at the same time I wasn’t. In any case I certainly wasn’t going to let them know I was.

It’s like one time shortly after I started I was told that I was going to end up just like all “the others” in the ground. My response was “I’m different. I’m not like the others” I think that kind of caught the two grains off guard, I think they expected me to say something foolish like – what others? (Fight – not to fail – not to fall – or you’ll end up like the others. Avenged Sevenfold explains.)

The reason I quit didn’t have anything to do with the dozens of times or ways they said they were going to get rid of me. It was because of something they did with a girl. Now they know girls are probably my biggest weakness, but what they did was such foolish bullshit that I didn’t want anything to do with the bastards anymore after the senselessness they pulled. In the past I’ve noticed a lot of the other tricks they’ve done with girls that I had no other choice but to take on the chin. For example I hadn’t had a girlfriend in about four years, mostly because I was a jobless loser without any money, decent cloths or a halfway decent car, that and I’m kind of chicken shit who is was too afraid to go up and talk to one of them. That and when I actually did I pretty much just freaked them out more than anything else. But apparently you have to try, because if you don’t try you’re never going to get anywhere with anything.

So I tried. Now every guy that has ever lived has been shot down a time or three. Every guy has gotten a fake phone number or been lead on by some dumb bitch before, but the shit that was happening to me was beyond ridiculous. I stopped counting at about twenty, and there were plenty more after that. Plenty more fake phone numbers, or I’d call the girl and she’d say never mind I met some other guy last night, or she’d lose her phone or she just dropped off the face of the earth, or the phone number she gave me was disconnected and on and on. It was really mean too because these really, really good looking girls would come up to me and just hand me their number, or ask if I wanted to hang out, completely out of nowhere either at the gas station, or supermarket, or post office. I should have figured it out I suppose when bee’s would randomly land on them as I was talking to them, or a bird would land right next to her car and take a shit while we were talking. Even weirder was the one who had a bee land on her I said “hey there’s a bee on you.” And she goes “I know” in a nonchalant way as if she wasn’t surprised.

Over Labor day weekend I had what seemed like my 900th consecutive false hope incident with a chick. It wasn’t even that big of a deal by itself, just another lie/trick but there were so many of them before it that it was more or less the straw that broke the camel’s back. I was so pissed, why do they keep sending these girls to fuck with me? The easy answer is to try to turn me into a monster (women seem wicked when you’re unwanted – Jim Morrison claims) of course there are other reasons, but as a blind retard I don’t know what any of them are.

So that Tuesday at work was the day I quit. I go in there in an absolutely miserable mood from the weekend and just wanted to get in and out of there without incident and go home. But nooooo, they knew what kind of weekend I had and they had to rub it in. At normal factories there usually aren’t that many good-looking twenty-something year old girls. There were two where I worked. Now the entire time I worked there neither one of them ever worked in the same area as me. Who was up there that Tuesday night in a really hot pair of ass-tight jeans and a low cut tank top belly shirt with her tits and tattoos hanging out all over the place? The hottest out of the two really hot girls naturally.

The whole goddamn night there she was bending over to tie her shoe, or pick something up every time she knew I was behind her, then when I’d come walking down past her she’d conveniently have an itch on her back or suddenly become tired and arch herself way back in a big yawn just to be sure I got a good look at her tits. Of course she was a grain so she was just doing what she was told and probably didn’t care she was being used, but why should she? Even if I was a psycho lunatic she wouldn’t have to worry about me as she had plenty of protection around her. And besides sometimes girls can be used in far worse ways. For example she could have come into work one day with two black eyes and bruises all over her arms. So compared to that I guess bending over in front of some dude and showing off her boobs isn’t so bad.

But that was all I could take and all I wanted to take. They did it just for spite and I wanted nothing to do with the place after that. It wasn’t the random traps they sprung on me, or the threats of being brought down to building number 4 or people following me home, or vans waiting for me outside or retards with laughably oversized glasses in convertibles or being bought and sold for 5 bucks that made me quit, it was the bullshit with the girl. The wrong game in the wrong place on the wrong night.

RayBourque777
11-11-2010, 04:24 AM
My argument was – ok so you guys can go through all these really elaborate games that obviously take a lot of time to coordinate and carry out and you’re constantly letting me know that you can kill me anytime you want, so why not just fucking once send one of your girls to have sex with me? Finally they did. If there are angels and demons the Italian dude I worked for part time for 10 years is definitely a demon. He’s on the inside (the Italians call it the Mafia – get it? It doesn’t actually exist) with all this shit and he wanted answers as to why I quit the place were they were very obviously teaching me and testing me to see if I could be used. So I told him and he took care of it for me. Now he was always fucking with me and testing me too for his own personal reasons and as far as I know he was the one who had to make the choice if I was ever to be gotten rid of. But he said he would take care of me and he did. He had me go meet this chick at a coffee shop and he had already told her to hook up with me so that’s what we did. We talked for about 10 minutes then went to my place and had sex. All I could think to myself was – wow was that really so hard, why couldn’t they have done that like 6 months ago and I would have never had to quit the place.

But that’s always there argument – just wait a little longer and you’ll be able to bang every girl you want to. All of them, they’ll come to you, a different chick every night if you want. With normal people this might be a good argument and give a guy a reason to hold out just a little longer (which is always a lot longer, in every case, always) but it doesn’t apply to me because I don’t want to bang a different girl every night of the week. I’d rather just bang one girl, a girl I care about, a girl that means something and a girl that I can treat like a princess so the possibility of banging any girl I want isn’t as much of a selling point with someone like me. At the same time that doesn’t mean I’m going to wait around for the right girl to come along without ever wanting to get laid, I mean I am a dude.

At the same time I understand why they don’t want people like me banging girls all the time and it’s for pretty much the same reasons they don’t want people shooting up heroin or blowing coke all night long. Sex is a powerful drug and a very big distraction from work that needs to be done. Give someone that is supposed to be a singer or writer or actor a hot girl to fuck every night and they’re not going to care about the practice, effort and work it takes to become a singer, writer or actor. They won’t care about anything because they’ll be banging a hot girl every night of the week. So when Roger Waters claims “If you’re taking your girlfriend out tonight – you better park the car well out of sight – if they catch you in the backseat trying to pick her locks they’re gonna send you home to mother in a cardboard box” he isn’t joking.

Onto the mafia and newspapers I suppose. So this Italian dude I work for is the only other person I know that plays in the newspapers (the whole vicarious thing I guess) and him and I have this headbutting type relationship because he’s closer to a demon and I’m closer to an angel, but that’s not entirely true because he’s a really good man whose helped out a lot of people, myself included when he didn’t really have to and I’ve always said the only thing that keeps my halo on is the two horns that stick out of the top of my head. Then there’s the fact that he’s a very powerful person in the area, the mayor of a city with 150,000, numerous other local politicians and businessmen showed up to his daughters weddings which cost 100k easy (he has 3 daughters 0 sons, if he had 4 daughters and 0 sons I might be a bit more leery of him) and then there’s me, an absolute nobody and in my delusional mind I seem to think I’m on the same level as him.

He’s the one person I’ll admit I can never beat in the game. He doesn’t get beat by anyone and most of the people around town respect/are absolutely terrified of him. But I have fought him to a stalemate on more than one occasion and he absolutely hates it because he hasn’t been able to beat me/break me down. So one night I asked the sky if they could put something in the newspaper that I could used against him the next day because I’d just fought him to a tie and I knew he was going to try to crush me again. It was a big mistake and I will never under any circumstances ever ask for such a thing again. It was one of those careful what you wish for type things.

The next day I grab the paper and on the front page is a picture of a Hispanic person named Angel with his shirt off standing in handcuffs next to a cop. Apparently he had murdered some woman (who has the same name as my bosses youngest daughter) by stabbing her 30 something times. Then right next to that was the picture of one of the conspirators (the last) who plotted the murder of a big mob boss a few years back. (a hit that may or may not have been ordered from New York) He was hiding out in Italy and they swooped in on him and arrested him. So there it was, exactly what I asked for right there on the front page. I was just kind of hoping for something neat in the sports page. I couldn’t fucking believe it and I’m not saying anymore about that and I didn’t say a fucking word about the paper when I got into work.

That wasn’t even the first time I killed his youngest daughter either. (The first time was when I sang jerk-off to her while she was sitting on my bed. So me and her basically love each other, we’ve been buddies forever, and he even went so far as to say I could take her out if I wanted to. But that never happened because it would have meant I would have had to come into his business and I never wanted that because I’m an artist not a businessman. He even trusted me enough to say he would put up the 100,000 to start a restaurant for me, obviously he explained the rule that if someone burns you for 100 or even 1,000 dollars it’s not that big a deal, but if I burnt him out of 100k there was only one place I was going and that was the river.

So this is where I stopped on 11/5 and went to bed, I decided against adding any more because I was going to tell the rest of the story about the headlines of the local newspaper from during the summer, but on 11/6 the paper re-printed the stories I was going to write about. Don’t know why, but I took it as a hint to shut up. Even weirder was the newspaper that fell into my lap from Syracuse last Sunday. My dad and stepmom went to the Orangemen game Saturday and brought the paper back with them. On the back page of the comics was a coloring contest for kids. The picture they had to color looked exactly like the tree that was drawn for me with the heart and initials in the middle and the noose hanging off the branch. The contest picture for the kids to color was a pretty tree with no leaves, a heart with an arrow through it on the front, and a turkey hiding behind the tree with an sinister smirk on his face. The quote inside the heart was “I love squash.” – I took this as another hint to shut up about the newspaper business. So now I have to make up some story to finish this thing with so I’ll write about a little bird.

RayBourque777
11-11-2010, 04:25 AM
A Little Bird

So I’m just a little bird. I can’t fly because one of my wings is broken, I can’t see that well so I have to wear a really big pair of glasses and if you didn’t know me you might think I was retarded. It sucks not being able to fly because I can’t build a nest in a tree like a normal bird. Instead I have to build one on the ground in the woods, which isn’t nearly as safe. Sometimes I build spider webs as added protection just because I can, and because they make my nest feel safer.

The spiders don’t usually bother me but sometimes they come by and say things like “HEY! You’re not a spider what are you doing in my web?!” They don’t mess with me too much because they know that even though I’m only a little bird I can still eat them. But I don’t mess with them too much either because I know certain types of spiders could kill me if I got bit by one of them. I don’t think they like me hanging out in their web and they seem to recognize me as different when they get close to me. I don’t want to be a bother to them, but since I can’t build a nest up high in a tree right now I don’t have much choice.

Sometimes I’ll give them a treat just to show them that I’m not just using them and I appreciate their help. So if I see an ant marching by I pick it up and toss it into a nearby web, because I think spiders are misunderstood and aren’t as creepy as a lot of birds think they are and they should get a treat every once in a while too. One time I threw a dead moth into a web, but nobody wanted it. I guess spiders only eat if they work for it, which I suppose is an admirable thing.

Now don’t go thinking I just toss poor little ants into the web just to get a laugh, that would be senseless cruelty, something which is hopefully never tolerated. In fact I think ants are good too. Sometimes I’ll pick a few of them up, stuff them into my feathers and take them around with me. I do this because ants eat parasites, and since I have to live on the ground I’m constantly noticing parasites burrowing into me, so it’s good to have a few ants around. That and I stay on good terms with them, which is important because there’s a whole hell of a lot of them that live around my nest. In fact, one day I threw a spider an ant as a treat and then later that night while I was hopping home I came across about 500 ants devouring a nightcrawler. I was happy to see that ants get treats sometimes too, and not only that but it was a worm, which was good because that just means one less worm to try burrowing into my brain while I’m sleeping.

Sometimes I’ll leave my nest to go hopping around the neighborhood just to see what’s going on. I’ll stand at the end of the driveway at one of the Big birds houses chirping away just to try to get one of them to notice me and maybe help me out. But they usually never come out, and when they do it’s usually just to ask if I’m retarded, or they’ll give me a mean look and I’ll flop away without saying anything.

One time I was sitting down pecking away at some lunch when this bigger bird sarcastically asked me if I liked it up on my perch. I didn’t know what to say so I just blurted out “Hey I’m not even supposed to be a bird, it just kind of happened but now that I am a bird I can’t go back to not being a bird so no – it isn’t all that nice here on my little perch.” He was like “Oh…. Well you look quite ill.” And I was like “I know, it’s because I don’t have any money. If I had some money I could get my wings fixed so I could fly, maybe get some better glasses so I wouldn’t be so blind, and buy some prettier feathers so I wouldn’t look like such a hobo.” He tried telling me that getting a job was how you make money, but I know he only said it because he didn’t want me to be a bird and he wanted me in my place at dunkin donuts or in a factory with all the other ants that worked for him.

It sucks being a little bird because you can see all the big birds, but the big birds don’t like to be seen by anyone other than other big birds, so when they notice me they yell at me, or send a Puerto Rican bird with a knife to scare me away. So I go away, I hop back to my little nest on the ground in the woods and sing songs and write stories and things like that. One time I came home and had a pretty good feeling that there had been some government bluejays poking around my nest. Things weren’t quite exactly where I let them, though I suppose I could be mistaken as I forget where I leave things all the time.

Even though I’m just a little bird I definitely understand things better than if I were an ant or a spider. At the very least I have a more open interpretation of things. For example if a spider would have come back to his web to suspect a couple of bluejays had been poking around and erased all of the contents of his My Documents folder he would probably be pretty pissed and would think that they were just there to steal all his stories and to break him down and make him give up because 3 years of work suddenly disappeared. He would just start flipping out and crying because all of his work was gone and wouldn’t even consider the possibility that maybe the bluejays weren’t actually there to steal anything but were just implying that maybe it’s time to try some new ideas, take things in a new direction just to see what you come up with. In fact a foolish spider would probably smash his computer on the ground in a fit of rage and would never find out that his My Documents folder wasn’t actually erased but was magically moved to a previously non-existent folder in his Local C: drive because he would have smashed the thing to pieces without even bothering to snoop around and realize the bluejays were just playing a scaled down version of the noose in a tree game.

Hopefully some day soon I can get out of my crappy nest on the ground and build something nice up in a tree with a nice set of new locks and a newer computer with a password to protect it. But until then I’ll have to be content with just hopping around with my broken wing and broken glasses occasionally stopping by a big birds house just to see if I can get some advice or maybe get one of them to regurgitate up a little leftover worm because even little retarded, wounded, accidental birds should get a treat every once in a while.

RayBourque777
11-11-2010, 04:28 AM
tl;dr
but I put it up here anyway because.... well I don't even really know why, it just seemed like the thing to do.

silverysights
11-11-2010, 10:39 AM
tl;dr
but I put it up here anyway because.... well I don't even really know why, it just seemed like the thing to do.

i did my best to read and comprehend what you wrote, but unfortunately i found it hard to follow and had to skim through, and even then i couldn't really find anything relevant to the track "You Lied". :/

Inner_Eulogy
11-13-2010, 04:36 PM
There was wayyy too much for me to even bother reading any further than the first few lines, but if you're able to make it sweet short and simple, what song are you talking about? And where can I find it to listen to?

RayBourque777
11-13-2010, 04:40 PM
YOU LIED is exactly the place for a post like this, and I've never even heard the song. And if I had to guess I'd say maybe 20 out of the 40,000 users on this site truly get any of that post, maybe 200 kinda sorta have seen some of this shit, and 2,000 have absolutely no idea about the train that's about to hit them, and will continue to hit them over and over again.

silverysights
11-14-2010, 11:26 AM
YOU LIED is exactly the place for a post like this, and I've never even heard the song. And if I had to guess I'd say maybe 20 out of the 40,000 users on this site truly get any of that post, maybe 200 kinda sorta have seen some of this shit, and 2,000 have absolutely no idea about the train that's about to hit them, and will continue to hit them over and over again.

...what are you talking about?

RayBourque777
11-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Nothing that can be properly explained in less than 100,000 words, an 11 track album or a full length motion picture..... you're not one of the 20 or 200, ... but it's ok, you don't want to be, could be one of the 2,000. Instead of skimming through those long posts I wrote, read them through completely and acknowledge the possibility that everything I wrote is 100% true...... except for the last one about the little bird. That's just a story, which is how you're supposed to express the way you interpret things. The other posts are the sort of thing that can be posted in a place like this, but certainly not out in the open without some sort of consequences

RayBourque777
11-14-2010, 06:11 PM
At the same time I'm about as blind, deaf and dumb as it gets apparently. It's a vicious curse to miss the things that are right in front of me, but at the same time I'm able to notice things that only 1 out of 5,000,000 pick up on.

"....and I got second sight - I've got amazing powers of observation....... I've got wide staring eyes - and I got strong urge to fly - but I got nowhere to fly to"
Pink Floyd, Nobody Home

silverysights
11-14-2010, 06:37 PM
At the same time I'm about as blind, deaf and dumb as it gets apparently. It's a vicious curse to miss the things that are right in front of me, but at the same time I'm able to notice things that only 1 out of 5,000,000 pick up on.

"....and I got second sight - I've got amazing powers of observation....... I've got wide staring eyes - and I got strong urge to fly - but I got nowhere to fly to"
Pink Floyd, Nobody Home

i am quite taken with your fluid ability to paint abstract, free-form ideas with your words and initiate a feeble semblance of a decent point, and swiftly contradict yourself in one fell disorienting gaggle.

How curiously arrogant of you to presume that your free-flowing creative nonsense is so important for people to read. This is a forum. Unless it's introduced in some solidly explained way, people are not typically going to lock on to a full bodied text and dedicate themselves to a solid 15+ minutes at least of serious reading. Especially when it becomes evident in the first couple of paragraphs how poorly structured your composition is. I'm not interested in your spur-of-the-moment ramblings. The "perfect" place for that foolishness would be, i presume, under the Creative section.

If you wanted to proceed with delusional pseudo-schizo ramblings related to nothing except your own unconsolidated, undisciplined psyche, get going baby! But do it by starting your own thread: Don't infect my contributions with your bad jokes.

And if you're going to...well, at least alleviate the time i've wasted on this by piquing my interest; say something in response to MY interpretation that is actually relevant.

YOU LIED is exactly the place for a post like this, and I've never even heard the song.
Oh. Wait. You haven't even listened to the song. You do realize that this renders everything you've posted on this thread irrelevantly out of context, yes?

RayBourque777
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't come onto this forum to make points, or to try to push my opinion onto others, or to open anyone's eyes. I do it to vent and for no other reason. Nothing of what I put up here is proofread or edited and 90% of it, like any other songs, poems, stories, movies I write is garbage, but I don't care I do it anyway. I'm rarely trying to make a point, even a feeble semblance of one, and I swiftly contradict myself all the time, not just here.

"How curiously arrogant of you to presume that your free-flowing creative nonsense is so important for people to read. This is a forum. Unless it's introduced in some solidly explained way, people are not typically going to lock on to a full bodied text and dedicate themselves to a solid 15+ minutes at least of serious reading. Especially when it becomes evident in the first couple of paragraphs how poorly structured your composition is. I'm not interested in your spur-of-the-moment ramblings. The "perfect" place for that foolishness would be, i presume, under the Creative section."
This statement from you is retarded...

at no time did I so much as imply that anything I've posted up here is important to read, and any perceived arrogance is unintentional.... how poorly constructed my composition is, are you fucking kidding me, you think I consider a 3 in the morning substance induced vent/rant/mind clearing entry into a journal NO ONE will ever read composition??

I don't really care if you're not interested in my spur of the moment ramblings and I mean not even a little. And you missed the point entirely about why this was the perfect place for this post. The Creativity section is not where this belongs. YOU LIED is where it belongs and nowhere else. The easiest way I can explain why YOU LIED is where it belongs is because the driving force that inspires Maynard James Keenan and many. many, many others constantly and endlessly LIES, LIES and LIES again. That whole long post I put up there is based on one very long string of lies.

The lies of the Egyptians, angels, demons, government and endless other non-existant/alien sources. It is only psuedo-schizo if a person runs around screaming all sorts of paranoid shit about the government being out to get them. You want to know what happen when someone doesn't go around screaming about the government being out to get them..... they'll swoop in on you in the parking lot of a taco bell and box you in front and back, 10 of them will get out of the car beers in hand, shades over their eyes, two of them will invite themselves into your car where they will perform a "panic test" then they'll sell you 50$ worth of the finest weed you've ever seen in your life for 10$ and take off into the night, leaving you with only one thought - how do you fit this into a movie/song/book/play/poem

silverysights
11-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't come onto this forum to make points, or to try to push my opinion onto others, or to open anyone's eyes. I do it to vent and for no other reason. Nothing of what I put up here is proofread or edited and 90% of it, like any other songs, poems, stories, movies I write is garbage, but I don't care I do it anyway. I'm rarely trying to make a point, even a feeble semblance of one, and I swiftly contradict myself all the time, not just here.

So you can then understand how it might be difficult to take you seriously, yes?

This statement from you is retarded...
Mmm!

You know what might also be construed as 'retarded' (and rude! very un-sexy combination!): Posting your garbage in response to my discussion. Not just the thread for the song, no. Specifically, *my* post. Do you comprehend that? Speaking of comprehension, did YOU even read MY post? Did you get ANY of it? Naaah. You didn't. Because you're not one of the [insert obscure, fabricated statistic] out of [insert obscure, fabricated denomination of that statistic] who has any familiarity of higher level music theory, or appreciation for said music. Yeah, that's right.

at no time did I so much as imply that anything I've posted up here is important to read, and any perceived arrogance is unintentional.... how poorly constructed my composition is, are you fucking kidding me, you think I consider a 3 in the morning substance induced vent/rant/mind clearing entry into a journal NO ONE will ever read composition??

No.
...Well. i don't know. Do you? o_O

(and...i read it! :D some of it.)

Okay, here's my serious face. >:|

As for everything else. i can tell you're a very troubled individual. You have a lot going on in your head, and i think it's a great idea for you to vent your overloaded mind. i often feel very over-whelmed, and a purging of frantic thoughts by typing them onto a computer can be very alleviating. But here's what i do: i open up microsoft word, get it all out, and save it for myself. i don't post endless paragraphs of what i know* onto a forum having nothing to do (Seriously) with the context. (*certainly you can relate, citing your own points above) i write spontaneously. My lovely roommate writes in a journal every night. Sometimes i consider sharing some of what i wrote with others! But I don't rudely impede on an unrelated attempt at a musical discussion. That is what some might call, ruuuuude.

It would just be considerate for you to start your vent/rant/mind-clearing on your own thread. If not that, at least a more relevant one. I still don't follow or acknowledge your logic on why you posted on this thread. You haven't even listened to the song. The point of the forum is to discuss the musical work in its own integrity. Not just take the title, separate it from the context entirely and use it as a label for your own misguidance.

If i were to entertain the idea of publicizing some of those kinds of writings online in hopes that some might read and respond with critique, i would do so in a forum labeled as such: CREATIVE WRITING, poetry, prose, rants, etc etc etc.

To post in another thread might give those accosted with such randomness the inkling that sommmmeeeebody is a little needy for attention! :)

You still blatantly/carelessly/i'm-not-sure-why ignored my assertion to start your own thread. You know, not posted on mine? Even within the context of wanting to post under the song "You Lied?" But it's okay. i forgive you. :D i don't even think i mind, really. If it is that you feel discouraged to do so because you feel no one will listen to your ramblings, allow me to offer some humble advice: try posting anyway, perhaps including an appeal in the title or beginning asking for critique of your thoughts. It might stimulate some interesting discussion, as you did touch on a lot of potentially interesting points. i for one was vaguely intrigued by some of what you had to say. er, yeah.

^^ See? Look at me! In spite of it all, i'm trying to take you seriously. look at all these words i wrote! <3

Inner_Eulogy
11-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Are you two done with your shower scene sword fight?

silverysights
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Are you two done with your shower scene sword fight?

Not if you're still watching. ;D

RayBourque777
11-22-2010, 12:03 AM
So I listened to you lied and it really wasn't that good, but then I listened to another tool song I hadn't heard "part of me" and it was good so it made up for it. That makes 13 Tool songs that I know now and to be perfectly honest the only reason I got into tool was because of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcXPCX8BSdk
I saw that and I was like = hey who is that guy? I look just like him when I sing, I'm a little version of mjk so maybe it's ok to go completely out of your mind while singing.

So even though I don't have any talent I made this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D04xqW9tWc
except I scream out DIE really loud inside instead. Now I'm not a singer in a rock band and probably never will be, but clearly the same forces that built that dude are building me. Into what I don't know, I know I've been writing a lot of things down lately but I have yet to get them to the right people.

Higher level music theory?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cytBdayKTE
I might not be able to sing, but I'll go out on a limb and say - you dont know what it takes to getting this motherfuckin drug.

Oh and I don't post in the other sections because in toolnavy I'm still a retarded kid. So I stay out in the retarded kids (albums) section because I know when they (people that have been members for several years) get bored they come take a look at what the little ones are up to.

You're a kid, probably in your teens or early 20's, that's the only reason I can think you'd be talking about music theory. Don't talk theory with me little boy, theory is bush league and the kind of stuff musicians (that have made it and that have died trying) are made of cannot be taught in a classroom. It takes a great deal of ruthless punishment for these creatures to be built, not a syllabus.

RayBourque777
11-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Ok theory isn't bush league, theory is very important to people who want to teach and to people who want to learn. But people who use music as a drug are the ones to watch out for because they have a different grasp on it than most. Music is important to people for a lot of different reasons and many people take it very seriously and that's their business. But get high doing it and it's a whole different world, in ways I will never truly understand.

silverysights
11-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Maybe I'm talking about music theory because i'm an--!!!WAIT!!!!--music student?

i find it fun to observe the technical elements of modern music. So what?

Also, your presumptuousness is rude. i'm sure you're aware, just pointing it out. Not even regarding my age, either, which was logically deducted and therefore makes sense. Other things, rather. ;)

Ok theory isn't bush league, theory is very important to people who want to teach and to people who want to learn. But people who use music as a drug are the ones to watch out for because they have a different grasp on it than most. Music is important to people for a lot of different reasons and many people take it very seriously and that's their business. But get high doing it and it's a whole different world, in ways I will never truly understand.

RayBourque777
11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Maybe I'm talking about music theory because i'm an--!!!WAIT!!!!--music student?

i find it fun to observe the technical elements of modern music. So what?

Also, your presumptuousness is rude. i'm sure you're aware, just pointing it out. Not even regarding my age, either, which was logically deducted and therefore makes sense. Other things, rather. ;)

Actually I'm not being presumptuous at all, on this site I'm very, very reserved even though it may seem as though I'm being to pushy, or forward, or saying to much. But it's ok you didn't know so I won't hold it against you..... and you're not..... "because I'm an--!!!WAIT!!!!--music student. You're (A) music student. You should only use -an- when the next word begins with a vowel.

Oh and my assumption about your age is from your all to typical smartass - I'm in college now so I'm really smart and I know everything and I use big words when smaller ones would serve the same purpose just because I want to show how intelligent/arrogant I am - attitude.

don't ;) at me either, it's gay and it's something a teenager would do while texting.

That's the tricky thing about these blog type things, there's no way to tell someone's tone, demeanor or intent when they post.

For example, maybe you're not an arrogant douchebag who is trying to sound smarter than he actually is by using big words and gay little winks, maybe it's just the way you make your points, just like while I sound like a raving lunatic whose ego is bigger than the northeast section of Italy, near Trieste to be specific, maybe I'm just another freak in a very large kingdom of freaks who enjoys the occasional bag of doritos and bottle of ginger ale.

Now that all that unfortunate business is out of the way..... what is your intent as a music student? Do you sing? write? produce? Is music your major? If so why? Why not Botany? What state are you from? I'm from Mass but sometimes VT. And then I thought, well maybe you actually are intelligent, a lot of smart people like Tool and maybe there's a reason for that. What other bands do you like, pick 4 - I'll go first - Marshall Tucker Band - The Eagles - Alice in Chains and Hollywood Undead

lotus.
11-24-2010, 07:44 PM
good thread

silverysights
11-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Russian Circles aaaaand Metallica, yeeeeah.

silverysights
11-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Actually I'm not being presumptuous at all, on this site I'm very, very reserved even though it may seem as though I'm being to pushy, or forward, or saying to much. But it's ok you didn't know so I won't hold it against you..... and you're not..... "because I'm an--!!!WAIT!!!!--music student. You're (A) music student. You should only use -an- when the next word begins with a vowel....

And the term, sir, is "too", as opposed to "to".

I'm sure it was an honest typing error. ;D ;D ;D

(Are you a homophobe, sir? You used the word "gay" in a context to imply it as negative or implicitly insulting."

As for: "Actually I'm not being presumptuous at all, on this site I'm very, very reserved even though it may seem as though I'm being to pushy, or forward, or saying to much. "

Your behavior defines you to others. Thus: pushy, or forward, (and) or saying to much. "

silverysights
11-25-2010, 08:07 AM
i'm a vocal performance major in my final year of schooling which makes me so fabulously intelligent and able to voice myself in such a way, yaddayaddaya.

i have no real intentions right now.

and it's music as opposed to anything else because i like music, and i enjoy singing.

You could get off your high-horse any time and resume being reserved. that would be much more pleasant. Please allow me to pop that swollen ego of yours. You'll feel better after a while, i promise.

RayBourque777
11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
i'm a vocal performance major in my final year of schooling which makes me so fabulously intelligent and able to voice myself in such a way, yaddayaddaya.

i have no real intentions right now.

and it's music as opposed to anything else because i like music, and i enjoy singing.

You could get off your high-horse any time and resume being reserved. that would be much more pleasant. Please allow me to pop that swollen ego of yours. You'll feel better after a while, i promise.

I suppose, but at the moment I can't think of anywhere else to go with this conversation, other than maybe this is far than your last year of schooling. Ha you poor kid, you don't even know. I may have to go look up the Russian Circles, I have no idea who they are but I've always liked Russians.... they're the Italians of Eastern Europe.

silverysights
11-28-2010, 01:59 AM
I suppose, but at the moment I can't think of anywhere else to go with this conversation, other than maybe this is far than your last year of schooling. Ha you poor kid, you don't even know. I may have to go look up the Russian Circles, I have no idea who they are but I've always liked Russians.... they're the Italians of Eastern Europe.

you're an idiot.

06-08-2011, 12:39 PM
This song is indeed awesome, especially after Tool well, "Toolerized" it from the original Peach version. Sounds much better with Maynards lyrics and singing. Also thanks to Salival I've really gotten into the band Peach :)

innoweb
11-07-2011, 07:13 PM
i like this song..good !!!!:)