PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Eye, Lateralus album and RS

ambivalentika
10-10-2010, 12:53 PM
a possible connection to 3 songs on 3 albums. Running on a theory from a friend who feels Tool didnt create the music, but were taught it by a being of higher consciousness.

third eye as the last track on the alb, was the beginning, the prologue of the message

lateralus was the crescendo, the quintessence
of note was 'the patient', the meaning of waiting for people to clue in and the mention of maybe walking away from the direction/message of transcendance/raising consciousness

rosetta is the epilogue. not enough people took the message on board or perhaps the world is just going to shit in a handbag and hence why forgetting the pen is a metaphor for forgetting (consciously) the message, and changing direction of thier music

hope im wrong, the planet needs another lateralus style, consciousness raising aural piece of art.

Lateralareallofus
10-10-2010, 03:45 PM
i never thought of this before. I could definitely see this being what TOOL intended.

fearandloathing
10-10-2010, 06:53 PM
i like this interpretation. it makes sense to me, unlike several other recent song theorys that sounded like a madman rambling.

and why should rosetta be the epilogue? i would think their next album would continue this supposition, perhaps a reminder that our time to discover this "message" is running out.

Aminah
10-10-2010, 07:53 PM
This would have some type of merit if they actually cared about how many people listened. They've said plenty of times they make their music for themselves, artist expression etc etc. So the whole point of them getting mad or whatever during the RS phase because not enough people "got the message" doesn't really work.

fearandloathing
10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
They've said plenty of times they make their music for themselves, artist expression etc etc. So the whole point of them getting mad or whatever during the RS phase because not enough people "got the message" doesn't really work.

they've also said that they hope people use their music as a tool to help them move forward in life, so from this i'd think that they DO want people to care. Aren't contradictions fun?

this is the ways i sees it:

Ænema: we're gonna help people!
lateralus: we're helping people!
10K daze: we're those dipshits listening at all?

ambivalentika
10-11-2010, 08:29 PM
i like this interpretation. it makes sense to me, unlike several other recent song theorys that sounded like a madman rambling.

and why should rosetta be the epilogue? i would think their next album would continue this supposition, perhaps a reminder that our time to discover this "message" is running out.

i think its the epilogue because the volume of this message on 10,000 days, compared to Lateraus, is very small. And, i will draw more light on this conclusion in an upcoming dissection of Lateralus Album, but the last line ' ... shit the bed' is to fail under pressure. Again tying in with the patient, "Is this a test? It has to be, Otherwise I can't go on. "

maybe im wrong, but damn i hope youre right

Ganjalf
10-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Pretty sure the patient and ticks and leeches had to do with the recording industry but sure if you want to believe its the whole psychedelic out of your body spiritual shit. Go for it.

Bassinyaface
07-25-2011, 06:05 PM
A dude tripping on acid outside of area 51, doing some kind of yoga, who is abducted by an alien who has a grand message for him, that he can't remember. But it's very important, he thinks.*
Sound familiar? Have you ever listened to a Tool song and had that sudden moment of "ah ha!" where you feel like you suddenly had a mental growth spurt? The closing berral of "lateralus" or the rollercoster rythems of "Jambi"? Maybe a song can have so much thought, and planing and depth put into it that it can actually convey more then a message or an emotion, but an entire point of view. Is it the artists will you experience? Or your own interpretation?*
Either way, after the song, you can NEVER remember what it was you thought of in that breif moment. So you listen, again, and again, and again. Yet, The whole time you missed the point.
The dude is on Acid when he sees an Alien. Who's to say it did or didn't happen. In the end it changed the speaker and only him profoundly. That's all that matters.
That's the point i see in it. Ultimately. It's music. That's all. Fantastic, artistic, deep, thought out music. But music non the less. That's what 'stoned is about. Art. The listener is what gives it meaning.*