PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu

SlaveNoMore
10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
"seems like I've been here before, seems so familiar, seems like i'm slipping into a dream within a dream...."

Deja Vu is when one experiences a conscious and momentary past life regression. The phrase "history repeats itself" is quite more personal and literal than most are aware. Every problem we have ever had in any of our lives is the result of personal energies that are out of balance; when we do the work to balance these energies, the problems cease to be.

Energies that we fail to balance in one life are still unbalanced in the next. It is when we have an opportunity to balance energies that we failed to balance in previous lives that we "feel like I've been here before....." because we indeed have, and at that moment of Deja Vu, we have an opportunity to balance those energies and no longer need to further repeat the experience (growth).

crincled
10-07-2010, 03:25 PM
when i think about re-incarnation, i think... do i remember anything about my past life? the immediate answer is no and so any hope of "me" in my next life remembering anything about this one seems so... useless? i'm not sure that's the word i'm looking for.

SlaveNoMore
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
when i think about re-incarnation, i think... do i remember anything about my past life? the immediate answer is no and so any hope of "me" in my next life remembering anything about this one seems so... useless? i'm not sure that's the word i'm looking for.

perhaps "futile"

crincled
10-09-2010, 04:24 AM
yes.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

slamminsalmon
10-09-2010, 04:40 AM
for some reason, i feel as if each time we are reincarnated we remember more. i know this is far out there.

PessimisticOptimist
10-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I opened this thread because this subject has been on my mind quite a bit lately. Or rather, this phenomenon has been occuring in my life quite often lately. I need look no further than last night for an example.

Around 6 pm, out of nowhere, the phrase "adding insult to injury" popped into my head. A common enough phrase in day to day life, but as I tried to trace what may have triggered the thought (as I often do with SEEMINGLY random thoughts) I had no luck. I moved on with my day, not thinking much of it. That is, until 7 hours later (roughly) while reading a book when the phrase jumped back out at me from the pages as if to taunt me.

The term is French in origin (obviously) and translates in English as, "already seen." What I think is happening during these deja vu moments, and I know I'm not alone in so doing, is that our perception of time is temporarily widened and we are catching glimpses of what I like to call, Truth. The Truth that time is relative, and therefore dependent upon our perception alone. Our conscious minds do a good job of telling us that time is like a river and flows in a single direction from point A to point B. However, the mere presence of phenomena such as Deja Vu seems to suggest otherwise.

Hopefully that made some bit of sense. I could be way off but from what I've gathered so far from minds much greater (or at least more renown) than my own, I doubt it.

crincled
10-16-2010, 02:07 AM
i agree that time is not linear in the sense you described and i myself have experimented things such as the one you described.

PessimisticOptimist
10-16-2010, 02:14 AM
i agree that time is not linear in the sense you described and i myself have experimented things such as the one you described.

Care to share a "Deja Vu Moment?"

Malaclypse
10-28-2014, 03:30 PM
i think this is pretty close... in buddhist philosophy they believe in "Samsara," an eternal cycle of birth, death, and rebirth. the ultimate goal of buddhism is to escape the cycle completely through the realization of this truth - called "moksha" or liberation.

in this philosophy, the reason we are still here is because we still have things to do / things to learn / a karmic slate to clean. you don't "remember" things from past lives, not in the traditional use of the word, but are simply the consequence of choices in your past lives - the result of karma. you don't recall these things into your consciousness but simply exist as the result.

you can scale this pattern down into a single lifetime, and there are many things you do in cycles. we call them habits or daily routines. some routines are unhealthy, some are healthy, and others are neutral. most of the time you're not even aware of your own habits or routines, but still act them out without even thinking about it. your heart beats without any conscious effort, your cells metabolize without any conscious effort, and you might even chew your nails without any conscious effort... the only way to escape this mindless cycle of habit is to become aware of it (and yes, there are stories of people stopping their own heart). similarly, the only way to escape the cycle of Samsara is to let go of mistaken beliefs of "truth/self/existence" and realize the eternal Truth.

"Deja Vu" is often said to be a realization of "being here before." you can't recall when or how you've experienced this before, simply because it's not even a real memory. it could be that "Deja Vu" is a collision with your own karmic residue. a spiritual "memory," rather than a psychological one. it makes me think of the story The Egg (http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html) by Andy Weir, where a guy dies and has a conversation with God and is told that he has existed as everyone in the universe before. that nobody else but him (or should i say me? or maybe you?) and God exists outside of time and space. that we are all the same person; just at different points in the eternal cycle - otherwise known as "Samsara."

Humanidee
11-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Thank you for an incredible post.

elusivEuphoria
12-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Deja vu is the experience of your brain forming a current event to memory before you are consciously aware of said event.

Jus sayin.