PDA

View Full Version : Cut it all right in two

SlaveNoMore
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I feel very strongly that this statement is a reference to the biblical story where two mothers fighting over a child bring their case to Solomon, who decides that the solution is to cut the child right in two, that each mother may then have a piece (peace). The child's true mother decides to concede her claim to the child (the desire to control) because her love for the child was greater than her need to be recognized as the child's mother (surrendering to a Higher Will). By surrendering her self will in favor of a Higher Will (pure and infinite love), the true mother "won" the "battle" and the child was returned to her.

This is not to imply any wisdom on the part of Solomon, whose main drive appears to have been sticking his cock in more virgins than China has rice; however, the spiritual applications to the battle over Earth are the same.

Yondo
10-07-2010, 01:09 AM
This is not to imply any wisdom on the part of Solomon, whose main drive appears to have been sticking his cock in more virgins than China has rice; however, the spiritual applications to the battle over Earth are the same.

Is that so much a bad thing...?

SlaveNoMore
10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Depends on perspective. There is a big difference between feeding a physical fixation that becomes all consuming, and the spiritual experience that happens when one has sex in, out of, and through LOVE. Feeding the physical reinforces our attachment to the physical; our attachment to the physical (chains) is what keeps us reincarnating here in this 3rd dimensional prison (we are addicted to the density - the feeling - of physicality), and brings our spiritual growth to a standstill. Our souls were intended to experience the diversity of every world in all of Creation, but that does not happen (growth) because we "groundhog day" ourselves to the very same physical experience over and over again, refusing to learn the lesson so that we can move on. The Opposition may have created the prison that Earth has become, but we ourselves continue to make the choice to violate parole and return every time. Releasing our chains of bondage means to release our addictions to physicality in favor of spiritual experience and growth (which is why spiritual experiences leave one feeling "light as a feather" - the opposite of DENSE), and also to release our addiction to CONTROL - the control that we spend our entire lives seeking to have over people, places, and things (nouns). Go listen to the song "No Control" by Bad Religion to understand that one has NO CONTROL WHATSOEVER over anything at all other than one's self. We escape this prison by mastering ourselves, thereby taking back the power that we have, for untold millenia, given away to our "masters".

crincled
10-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Depends on perspective. There is a big difference between feeding a physical fixation that becomes all consuming, and the spiritual experience that happens when one has sex in, out of, and through LOVE. Feeding the physical reinforces our attachment to the physical; our attachment to the physical (chains) is what keeps us reincarnating here in this 3rd dimensional prison (we are addicted to the density - the feeling - of physicality), and brings our spiritual growth to a standstill. Our souls were intended to experience the diversity of every world in all of Creation, but that does not happen (growth) because we "groundhog day" ourselves to the very same physical experience over and over again, refusing to learn the lesson so that we can move on. The Opposition may have created the prison that Earth has become, but we ourselves continue to make the choice to violate parole and return every time. Releasing our chains of bondage means to release our addictions to physicality in favor of spiritual experience and growth (which is why spiritual experiences leave one feeling "light as a feather" - the opposite of DENSE), and also to release our addiction to CONTROL - the control that we spend our entire lives seeking to have over people, places, and things (nouns). Go listen to the song "No Control" by Bad Religion to understand that one has NO CONTROL WHATSOEVER over anything at all other than one's self. We escape this prison by mastering ourselves, thereby taking back the power that we have, for untold millenia, given away to our "masters".

this is where i call bullshit. any talk of "our soul" and how it "evolves" is just so damn ambiguous that i just cant stand it. being here, being alive is part of the process of growing/changing. there is nothing to "liberate" ourselves from. we liberate our "soul" when we die. thats my appreciation on the matter, anyways.

i guess the question for you is: what is spiritual growth? for me, being alive and dealing with your ego (as was mentioned in another thread of yours) is part of growing. you can call it spiritual if you want.

also, other threads about what people think right in two is all about have very interesting ideas about what the song means. i think your take is... ok. ;)

Inner_Eulogy
10-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Sex?! I love sex!! Fuck all that bullshit

SlaveNoMore
10-08-2010, 10:28 AM
this is where i call bullshit. any talk of "our soul" and how it "evolves" is just so damn ambiguous that i just cant stand it. being here, being alive is part of the process of growing/changing. there is nothing to "liberate" ourselves from. we liberate our "soul" when we die. thats my appreciation on the matter, anyways.

i guess the question for you is: what is spiritual growth? for me, being alive and dealing with your ego (as was mentioned in another thread of yours) is part of growing. you can call it spiritual if you want.

also, other threads about what people think right in two is all about have very interesting ideas about what the song means. i think your take is... ok. ;)

that's cool, thanx.

ProphetKirsch
12-09-2010, 06:13 AM
I think it reffers to how as men and women we are cut in two. together we are god and we can create life. kabbalism

frater H
05-01-2012, 12:01 AM
maybe it has something to do with the lovers card of the thoth deck and the hebrew letter zayin
zayin means sword

iAMtheMA!
05-01-2012, 04:40 AM
just zayin'

iAMtheMA!
07-27-2012, 12:05 PM
it's still a "Cut it all right in two" thread, neurok

crincled
07-27-2012, 01:00 PM
can't be too sure with neurok, you know

iAMtheMA!
07-27-2012, 01:13 PM
you spelled "alright?" incorrectly.

iAMtheMA!
07-27-2012, 01:13 PM
:D

Indigo Dreams
11-25-2012, 11:46 PM

Great insight! I very much believe in something very similar. I do interpret "cut it all right in two" as separation from god and everyone else. I believe the world is in a state of oneness, however we separate ourselves through our EGO!

Indigo Dreams
11-25-2012, 11:47 PM
?

Indigo Dreams
11-25-2012, 11:47 PM
I want to give my interpretation of what dividing "Right in Two" means in this song. You have to really delve into this song and understand that everything he references through imagery is a metaphor. The true nature of the world is oneness, we are all connected to god and each other. This song is about separation. And not just from each other but from God. We as humans are extension of the ego, and the ego tries to separate everything into more pieces because that is its true nature. But the separation only exists in our minds. We all know Tool is/was a huge Bill Hicks fan, and this was something he discussed from time to time. We as conscious humans believe there are multiple parts to everything, but we really are one whole entity. The more we try to cut things in two the further we are from our true selves and our true happiness. We are all actually in the "garden" the songs referencing right now, but we separate ourselves from it in our minds because we need to feed the ego. We are capable of experiencing heaven on earth if we learn how to connect with our true selves, our soul. In order to find our true selves and true happiness, we need to "crucify the ego" which Maynard talks about in the song "Reflection." This is my interpretation of the song. I love Tool and their lyrics, they leave the meaning to their songs up to their fans to decipher. I hope you all can search a lot deeper and expand your consciousness while doing so.

"You will come to find, we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable." (Tool Reflection)

Inner_Eulogy
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I want to give my interpretation of what dividing "Right in Two" means in this song. You have to really delve into this song and understand that everything he references through imagery is a metaphor. The true nature of the world is oneness, we are all connected to god and each other. This song is about separation. And not just from each other but from God. We as humans are extension of the ego, and the ego tries to separate everything into more pieces because that is its true nature. But the separation only exists in our minds. We all know Tool is/was a huge Bill Hicks fan, and this was something he discussed from time to time. We as conscious humans believe there are multiple parts to everything, but we really are one whole entity. The more we try to cut things in two the further we are from our true selves and our true happiness. We are all actually in the "garden" the songs referencing right now, but we separate ourselves from it in our minds because we need to feed the ego. We are capable of experiencing heaven on earth if we learn how to connect with our true selves, our soul. In order to find our true selves and true happiness, we need to "crucify the ego" which Maynard talks about in the song "Reflection." This is my interpretation of the song. I love Tool and their lyrics, they leave the meaning to their songs up to their fans to decipher. I hope you all can search a lot deeper and expand your consciousness while doing so.

"You will come to find, we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable." (Tool Reflection)

Not a bad interpretation but I'm pretty sure it's simply about human nature's need for greed and how we can't just learn to share and stop fighting over who's is who's ie. fighting over land, air and pieces of the ground...give the stupid monkey thumbs and we'll find a way to build something that fucks shit up like the atomic bomb for instance. In a generalization, we're all fighting over our piece of the pie and our belief systems rather than treating this earth as a unified garden of eden.

Lateralareallofus
11-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I bet the next album will be more about accepting that the world is fucked up and how to deal with it and still lead a life that is moral and in balance with such a crazy world. Nothing is perfect.

Inner_Eulogy
11-28-2012, 11:45 AM
I bet the next album will be more about accepting that the world is fucked up and how to deal with it and still lead a life that is moral and in balance with such a crazy world. Nothing is perfect.

That makes a lot of sense considering the evolution/progression of each album to album...something along those lines would perfectly tie them all in succession