PDA

View Full Version : Tools next album

Dhalz
12-12-2002, 05:40 AM
You guys probably hear this all of the time but tool and radiohead are very alike. Deep atmospheric music with lyrical genius and superb musicianship. Tools release will be eagerly anticipated and will probably not dissapoint.
I think that the idea of a three minute danny solo is a superb one as he is a cut above most drummers. also i would like to hear adams full capability on guitar as i think he is a superb guitarist.

MushroomStamp
12-12-2002, 06:19 AM
I doubt either of those would happen as they tend to be more mindful of composition and taste, not the LOOK-AT-WHAT-I-CAN-PLAY kind of thing. But we already have a three minute danny solo in triad...

paraflux
12-12-2002, 11:20 AM
If you look at the last song on any tool album, it kinda leans more towards the next album. Opiate could have been on Undertow, Flood is more advanced like AEnima, and Third eye has the esotericness of Lateralus. I would think the next album will be more like D/R/T. Not to pigeonhole them, its just the pattern they have set up. Maybe the next album will have no beginning and no end, and all songs flow together. Or just one big song, split up in tracks.

Dhalz
12-13-2002, 03:28 AM
I did not mean that tool should show boat theyre musical talent but most guitarists like to show what htey are capable of. i would probably list adam jones as onr of my favourite guitarists. it is obvious from live performances that i have heard that he is a good guitarist. possibly the next tool album could be a performance based one like a live studio album as i think in improvisation we could witness the true wonder of tool.

mdc244
12-13-2002, 08:21 AM
i agree that it will be more improvisational and jamming, along the lines of triad. Should make for better concerts too if they can switch it up more.

paper_head
12-15-2002, 01:46 PM
It would be a wet dream for me if Tool did what Dream Theater did. Have one disc of the regular music and have another disc of one great, big, long ass song. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater is a whopping 42 minutes long. If Tool would do something similar, I could die a happy man.
Judging what Tool has done in the past, I'm betting that we're not gonna see a new Tool album untill at least another year to a year and a half. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though. Lateralus sure was. With that DVD that the band is planning for release next year, that will hold me over untill they can find time to get into the recording studio and record a new album.

OpiAtE_666
12-15-2002, 02:36 PM
A couple days ago toolband.com posted something about how the band was rehearsing new songs in their studio. Apparently they already have one completely arranged, and their working out riffs for a couple others. I don't know when they'll actually start recording. But I'm hoping we see a new album in late 2003 early 2004.

LostQuater
12-16-2002, 12:59 PM
id wait years to hear a new album...anything they would put out would be great....so its worth the wait

elevated
12-23-2002, 12:31 PM
i like what paraflux said.just wanted to point that out because thats a very good point. i would love to see their next album be along those lines.but whatever tool put out i'm sure we'll not be dissapointed.

MushroomStamp
12-23-2002, 12:40 PM
I've heard that there is interest in releasing the next album as a full length movie (like the wall) in theatres. Sort of like a 90 min tool video.

euthanasia
12-23-2002, 03:21 PM
I am not that sure about if the last song resembles the next album. But that is an opinion.
And also, following that concept, the cycle would be:
Opiate with song 6 Opiate resembling Undertow
Undertow with Flood resembling Ænima
But then, you have forgotten SALIVAL.
Salival´s first song is Third Eye, Ænima´s last song. And Salival last song is Maynard´s Dick, which some say has a very opiate-ish sound, or is the really first song tool recorded. That is a link to the disc Opiate.
So, by taking this into account. Salival closes the cycle, Lateralus begining a new one.
Just a thought to waste your time

J1516
12-23-2002, 06:48 PM
About the movei, I doubt it. I read that Lateralus would be turned into a movie a few weeks after Lateralus was released. I really don't think they'll do it. And I really hope they don't do it. Not because I think that it'd suck (though I do), but because I hope they work on new material instead of a movie.

What I hope they do is play their songs live for a few months before recording and making another album. If they had waited a few months before making Schism then they would've gotten that beautiful middle section that they added for the live show on the album. And that live pushit was alright.

Another thing I'd like would be more Triad songs and less segue songs like Mantra or Eon Blue. I think those songs serve their purpose but the same could be accomplished by adding a few lines to the end and beginnings of songs. I'd want more Triad like songs because then there'd most likely be less "oh this song is about the taoist merkaba fibonacci sequence merkaba merkaba merkaba," and more "this song is great."