PDA

View Full Version : It ALL makes sense...lol

EuphoricBlue
10-26-2003, 01:31 PM
What im about to talk about is not made for anyone to believe but I know alot of people on this forum have to know what im talking about so let me know if any of this rings a bell....

I believe, (thank you psilocybin) that the band we know as TooL is the TooL of the Universal Mind, to shed some light on what the near future and whats already happening. I used to be an athiest so I kinda made a U turn thanks to this music, which is why I would post this topic. I had the most incredible night of my life.. ( my incoherent ramblings of that night http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/24190 ) And D/R/T came into full realization of what these 3 pieces mean to the whole puzzle of our changing times, and to --->WHY<--- this band means in "their" plan. The Universe is alive and sings through those that wish to channel it and when mixed with some magick and a pinch of the other side, we have this album as a manifestaion of whats happening on this side and that side... What do you all think???????

Chad

EuphoricBlue
10-26-2003, 01:54 PM
My point was...

"And you will come to find that we are ALL ONE MIND."

reedc33
10-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Lateralus is a perfect musical analogy to a psilocybin or LSD trip, imo. It has it's quesy, nervous butterflys-in-your-stomach beginning, a grab you by the throat and never let go ascension, a glorious peak, a valley and an angry aside, and then another mini peak that ends with that period of time when you can't quite fall asleep and you start thinking of aliens and nonsense...

EuphoricBlue
10-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Damn......that about said it. Glad to see someone who hears the same connection. I think this music is Magick in the sense that it was created in ceremonial ritual with such substances and have, imho, done everything but just say it directly. I wish they'd sport Mckenna more, but that would make it more than obvious as if Bill Hicks on Third Eye with 3 comments that say what needs to be said to start such a song. I saw a documentery on Bill Hicks and it showed this show he did and he starts lecturing about how were all one and that its an illusion that we are seperate from God. Then he stops at the end and the audience is waiting for the punchline and he puts his fingers up like when you signal 'money' to someone and you rub your fingers together and says " And if anyones got mushrooms, I GOT CASH."

GregoryWohlwend
11-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Lateralus is a perfect musical analogy to a psilocybin or LSD trip, imo. It has it's quesy, nervous butterflys-in-your-stomach beginning, a grab you by the throat and never let go ascension, a glorious peak, a valley and an angry aside, and then another mini peak that ends with that period of time when you can't quite fall asleep and you start thinking of aliens and nonsense...

amen to that, i always thought that, but it was realized, almost hauntingly in an lad trip on may 15th during the lunar eclipse. (the moon whispers me a secret. my confidant....)

paraflux
11-14-2003, 07:03 AM
I did take shrooms to Lateralus, but the environment wasnt totally as it should have been.

Now, when I took acid to AEnima... completely different story.

Machiavelli70
11-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Friend pointed this out to me:

What a band it is that can get people to walk around with shirts on, advertising "TOOL"

I always thought that was interesting. They should make shirts for the track "Useful Idiot"

EuphoricBlue
11-15-2003, 07:10 AM
GregoryWohlwend- Right on!!!!! I could only find mushies 3 full moons in a row and I must say the moon and her cycles are definately of divine magickal presence. I think this song has alot of obvious refrences to learning from the moon in many ways. This song in a mushroom trance will (~gets chills~) change the lyrics of it, or any Tool song for that matter ESPECIALLY Disposition. That song forever changed my life in ways I can only expess in tears.. fo' real

Chad

EuphoricBlue
11-15-2003, 07:14 AM
It was funny...I posted this finally and I just had to add the lyrics for this song on there. Im kinda glad I didn't get a reply yet...lol

http://matrix-explained.com/php/viewtopic.php?p=9855#9855

All-One-Mind
11-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Yeah, T00L changed my life too. I have actually thought the exact same thing about the name T00L. They are a tool for higher consciousness.

corps d'allumen
11-18-2003, 09:04 PM
10. In "Reflection" you talk a good deal about losing or getting rid of the ego in order to attain some further end. An end of enlightenment perhaps? What is it about the ego that prevents or in some way, blocks one from attaining some greater end? Or does it even make sense to speak in terms of lesser and greater ends?

MK: "If you look at the cycles of the moon, it starts as a thin crescent and then gradually waxes until it becomes full; then it gradually wanes back into another crescent and then it is gone. The moon reflects sunlight like humans reflect information. We wax and wane and when we become full moons, our egos are full. We think we have this knowledge when in fact, the information we have is pure. And how it reflects or shines off of us, is something we take credit for as though the moon could take credit for its brightness when, in fact, it is only reflecting light from the sun. We have to understand that we are ego-less just as the moon is without light. It and we are simply reflectors. The ego is not responsible for the information. It can reflect the information in creative ways, but the information itself is pure".

http://www.cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm

Machiavelli70
11-19-2003, 02:31 PM
In summary of that MJK quote: Pride yourself on the work you put into what you do, not what you've drawn it from? E.g. Be more prideful in one interperetation of a book than in simply memorizing the dictionary?

Egh, that sounds so . . . unclear and muddy.

What're your translations?

Machiavelli70
11-19-2003, 02:37 PM
In summary of that MJK quote: Pride yourself on the work you put into what you do, not what you've drawn it from? E.g. Be more prideful in one interperetation of a book than in simply memorizing the dictionary?

Egh, that sounds so . . . unclear and muddy.

What're your translations?

All-One-Mind
11-20-2003, 07:22 AM
"this light is not my own and a million light reflections pass over me"

the pure information is the light. the light is the endless light. we reflect the endless light in waning and waxing cycles, circles, and spirals.

g-bay-be
11-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Pride yourself on the work you put into what you do, not what you've drawn it from? E.g. Be more prideful in one interperetation of a book than in simply memorizing the dictionary?

Uhh I got a pretty nice grab on what this means. when he says," Pride yourself on the work you put into what you do, not what you've drawn it from?," he means be proud of how much work you have put into something not the praise you get for it. For instance, You spend hours upon hours on a school project and its great and you get a great grade.This quote is telling you to be proud of how hard you worked, and not to be proud of your grade. The line about the dictonary is just another example. Lets say your english teacher asks you to memorize a segment of "hamlet." You should be proud in the work it took to do it and not the great job you did on it when you had to present it.

I hope thats a clear enough translation!

EuphoricBlue
11-29-2003, 01:08 PM
OMG....it hit me like a ton of bricks a few nights ago. As if this wasn't obvious enough that this song is stargazing shrooming and the epiphanies that follow, but...

A million light reflections pass over me.....

~The Stars~

Ohhhh chilllllzzzz galore. We are all stars reflecting the light from the source. Any more that we add onto the pure information we are reflecting is ego. Watch the sun come up shroomin and listening to that song and then come back to this post and tell me what the moon told you...any thoughts???

Chad

CurtSchilling
06-07-2005, 05:27 AM
A million light reflections pass over me.....

~The Stars~

Ohhhh chilllllzzzz galore. We are all stars reflecting the light from the source.

That's what I thought too, but:

The moon tells me a secret ...
As full and bright as I am
This light is not my own
Its source is bright and endless ...
Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting

The last line seems to refer to the Sun, as this is the source that illuminates the moon, maintains life and keeps the planets from drifting through the universe.

But stars are sources of light just like the sun, they don't reflect but radiate light.

The again: "a million" is something that fits stars very well.

Daniel

Kelly
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
That's what I thought too, but:

The moon tells me a secret ...
As full and bright as I am
This light is not my own
Its source is bright and endless ...
Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting

The last line seems to refer to the Sun, as this is the source that illuminates the moon, maintains life and keeps the planets from drifting through the universe.

But stars are sources of light just like the sun, they don't reflect but radiate light.

The again: "a million" is something that fits stars very well.

Daniel

OKAY

the source of light in which Maynard is talking about is the collective energy source, or soul force, which in his belief combines to form an entity which we would call god, one large mass or energy. As human beings we can either choose to believe in this, in our divine beauty, and bask in its "light" and derive energy from it which will in turn direct us toward a better understanding of ourselves and our universe.

Maynard is saying that he connects with this energy field, and he feels its affects and see the truths which it brings, yet he does NOT CONNECT THIS FEELING WITH THE EGO. He seperates it as an entity of itself that he is using, the incredible force is beyond human comprehension yet you can feel it, through the application of the 'Third Eye" or Pineal gland.

I find that yoga, especially the Merkaba style helps to achieve these states which will turn the listener into more of an applied listener, you become on with the space around you and "climb to a new place." Alex Grey and Drunvalo Melchizedek talk about this alot, the band received much of their knowledge from these men.

here are some sites which can help one learn about, or apply the techniques:

http://www.crystalinks.com/merkaba.html

http://www.crystalinks.com/thirdeyepineal.html

http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/yoga/index.html-Crowley, probably the best Western Yoga theorist ever, very good explanation and style