PDA

View Full Version : Relaxed

Windowlicker
11-19-2002, 11:51 AM
This song is so relaxing, i wish tool maked this song much longer , like 4 minuts

Peon
11-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Yes this song has a very hypnotic tone but I think it's supposed to extened the "calm" part in the begining of The Patient.

BNAD
11-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Windowlicker
This song is so relaxing, i wish tool maked this song much longer , like 4 minuts

Windowlicker, also another relaxing song. So many Aphex twin fans in here.
Is it true that windowlicker is slang for a retarded person?
I heard it on joyrex

BentEnvelope
11-21-2002, 01:48 PM
I agree that this song is hypnotic and relaxing, but I don't understand the title. A song title like Eon Blue Apocalypse would seem more appropriate for a "hate-the-world" epic such as Aenima. Is this just a cool title the band liked or is there some meaning to it?

Maybe I'm overanalyzing and separating my body from my mind.

euthanasia
11-21-2002, 02:22 PM
the title may have various interpretations: the apocalypse for the Blue Eon (note that an eon is a time measure, a long period of time, earth itself life time). The apocalypse OF the Blue eon, the blue apocalyspe for / of the eon.
the only thing i have clear is the Eon

BentEnvelope
11-21-2002, 02:46 PM
so it means the end of the world? If so, I don't really see it fitting in with the songs before and after it (The Grudge, The Patient) or maybe it isn't supposed to.

euthanasia
11-21-2002, 03:54 PM
the word apocalypsis means "revelation", not end of the world
so after realising all that anger in the grudge, theres is a period of relaxing and revelations, an eon, which is an undefinied time. eternity or merely the time the song lasts...

BentEnvelope
11-21-2002, 05:46 PM
But it's not apocalypsis, its apocalypse...okay i'll stop worrying about it, this is starting to get irrelevant.

a_divine_martyr
11-21-2002, 05:57 PM
i think he meant the song to be more like the end of an era... and blue meaning the color of the sky. so the end of a blue era? *shrug*

Croteau
11-22-2002, 02:14 PM
wasnt adams great dane named eon blue...? could it be a eulogy for the dog?

Severance
11-22-2002, 08:36 PM
i didn't know adam had a dog.....i know about his pigs

ragna16
11-23-2002, 09:03 AM
Blue might signify tranquility.

So it would be the Apocalypse of the tranquil eon, in my guess.

Leads well into patient when I think about it like that.

YURAKAPTIV
11-29-2002, 01:07 PM
Anyone read my thoughts on The Patient?My thoughts are The Patient is about the sickness of our country.Possibly the end of our world since we're the most imerialistic,narciccistic,fasciast,sucker of life,killer of Mother Earth,rootinist tootinist place on Earth.And maybe just maybe if we would start talking about how we're killing our Mother then the weather just might change.Think so?

euthanasia
11-29-2002, 03:53 PM
This song is definetly NOT about that. Tool themes for songs is more profund and deep than a rotting country.
Still, you got it right describing the US...

YURAKAPTIV
11-30-2002, 09:11 AM
Could you please tell me why you think the state of our country isn't profound or worth wrirting about? Maynard is very worried about this subject.It is not only about the state of our country but people as a whole.You can't deny that the sickness of this country,(narciccism,self absorbtion,ignorant to the damage done)THE U.S.A.,IS THE MAIN FACTOR IN THE WAY THIS WORLD IS BEING RAN AND HOW OUR MOTHER EARTH HAS BEEN SO BADLY DAMAGED IN THE LAST 90 YEARS.So you think that Maynard doesn't care about Mother Earth,more impotantly the possible extinction of the human species?You people better WAKE UP before its far too late.The first step is turn that idiot box off,buy a book on politics and educate yourselves.May i suggest a few books to get you started,first read Howard Zinn,The Peoples History of the United States,if you find that book to threataning,Michael Moores Stupid White Men and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of This Union,Noam Chomsky,poet June Jordan,Mumia Abu Jamal,go to freespeech.org,listen to Democracy Now on Pacifica Radio(or if you have DISH Network channel 9415) go to a Ralph Nader speech.QUIT WATCHING CNN OR ANY OTHERSO CALLED MEDIA STATION.QUIT BEING GULLABLE AND FALLING FOR THEIR CAPATILIST LIES.QUIT EATING 99 CENT MEALS WHILE WEARING YOUR SLAVE LABOR PRODUCED CLOTHES,QUIT BEING SLAVES TO THIS SYSTEM AND START THINKING FOR YOURSELVES OR BECOME KAPTIV TO THE SYSTEM.

euthanasia
11-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Hold it. You got it all wrong. What i meant was tool songs have a more human meaning, dont discriminating between countries and shit.
I am TOTTALLY sure US is the main responsable for some of the worst crimes against mankind and nature, but that is not to be discussed now.
fuck the numbing cnn, fuck the tv, fuck you then
I am not from the US so i am not blinded by those lies you speak of.
But i insist i was just stating the songs had a different meaning, dont just go and piss off

Choke
12-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by YURAKAPTIV
The first step is turn that idiot box off,buy a book on politics and educate yourselves.May i suggest a few books to get you started,

i have another very interesting book you should read, its tiltled "BLOWBACK" and the author is Chalmers Johnson.

LyingRealist
12-05-2002, 02:16 AM
This isnt really on track but u guys are talking about good books.
I hear anything by Bob Frissell is good,
but living in New Zealand I cant find any of them does anyone kno of anywhere that i can order one from?

OpiAtE_666
12-05-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by euthanasia
This song is definetly NOT about that. Tool themes for songs is more profund and deep than a rotting country.
Still, you got it right describing the US...

uhh.... didn't Aenima have the exact theme that was described? Maynard once said that LA was used as a microchosm in that song for the U.S., maybe the world in general. Besides they have plenty of songs that aren't deep and profound lyrically, some damn good ones too.

Hooker with a Penis
Opiate
Hush

Just to name a few