PDA

View Full Version : music is art, art is life, Does anyone know the meaning of life?

3y350fg0d
12-12-2002, 01:54 AM
I've learned to keep music as an art... you can stare at a picture for hours but you don't always get the meaning... Sometimes.. its better to be left in bliss and let the meaning take on you a different way.. Opinions are important.. because without them, we are robots.

-- I think lateralus is a spiritual album... not christian formed, but inner self figure formed.. I dunno... the whole album means a lot to me and ive probably bought it 20 times.... ill keep buying it...

Love always

3y350fg0d

Ahnijson_films
12-14-2002, 02:27 AM
Creatures consume. Life feeds on life and all of that. My meaning of life is to, because it is imposible to stop consuming and destroying, and because it is impossible to change most things, my meaning of life is to just create. To create film through directing, to create art through charcoal and paper, to create music through a piano, to create laughter through spending time with my friends, to create tears through pain I inflict on myself and pain inflicted on me, to create understanding (within myself), to create LOVE, to create LOVE, to create LOVE, to create what little bit of beauty and joy I can in this fucking last piece of shit that we call an earth and that we call humanity. To just bring myself a smile and an enlightened peaceful moment surrounded by thte things i love and the people I love. That's the meaning of life.

soberwithapenis
06-02-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by 3y350fg0d

-- I think lateralus is a spiritual album... not christian formed, but inner self figure formed.. I dunno... the whole album means a lot to me and ive probably bought it 20 times.... ill keep buying it...

yes keep buying it, become a tool of the system.

As for the meaning of life. Its not fair to lable "The" meaning of life. Life is what you make it. So have a little fun with it huh?
Ahnijson_films, your view on life is truly awesome, go with it, stick with it. But remember to use your third eye.

mstajduh thanks for the quotes and the study material. But dont stop at joseph campbell. Read everything. Form your uniqueness within and throughout.

Just read the quote on the Opinion Homepage.

Tantobourne
06-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 3y350fg0d
music is art, art is life, Does anyone know the meaning of life?

Yes, I do, and I'd say "Just watch me" but since that isn't practical, the next best thing would be to "just watch yourself". In that you'll find the meaning, eh?

*sets the hookah down and reaches for the rollos*

-Tant

soberwithapenis
06-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Tantobourne
Yes, I do, and I'd say "Just watch me" but since that isn't practical, the next best thing would be to "just watch yourself". In that you'll find the meaning, eh?

*sets the hookah down and reaches for the rollos*

-Tant

Completely agree! now start sharing those rollos, and pass the hose man.

Just read the quote on the Opinion Homepage.

Tantobourne
06-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by soberwithapenis
Completely agree! now start sharing those rollos, and pass the hose man.

*looks at the sober penis through bleary, red rimmed eyes and tosses him another pack of rollos*

reedc33
06-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Ok, time to invest in a Hookah with multiple hoses--a big one.

Tantobourne
06-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by reedc33
Ok, time to invest in a Hookah with multiple hoses--a big one.
hah, for a brief moment I envisioned the forum threads with a maze of hoses inter-connecting, one to the other and a gentle, pungent haze seeping up the left side of the screen.

stalkingbutler
06-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Did anyone ever see that movie "oh god" when god came down to earth as an old man and dispensed the meaning of life, what he said made a lot of sense but such is life of forgotten it.

Pointless.

Tantobourne
06-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by stalkingbutler
Did anyone ever see that movie "oh god" when god

"Say Goodnight, Gracie."

"Goodnight, Gracie."

Poinltless part deux.