PDA

View Full Version : Pulling a Slipknot

ManInBlack
10-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Throughout their first two cd's tool constantly made references to water and drowning. Also the constant mention of one's shadow and dragging you down to the bottom started making me wonder. Maybe the whole thing is about a ghost dealing with death adn another side of himself telling him to give up. This would be very reminisant of an RPG called Wraith: The Oblivion. Any one out there that plays wraith, or Whitewolf games in general could vouch for me on this. Slipknot on their first album did this sort of writing, except their whole album was about Werewolf: The Appocalypse. I'd like people's (Educated, not just people telling me I'm wrong and never having played the game) opinions on this.

AllforUnity
10-23-2003, 08:21 PM
Just wondering...why would you say "Pulling a Slipknot" when, if you're referring to the type of writting, Slipknot would be pulling a TOOL, considering TOOL has been around longer?

crow011
10-23-2003, 08:27 PM
can you post a link about the theme of slipknots first album? . . . im very curious . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

ManInBlack
10-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Crow011, slipknots first album is mate feed kill repeat. It had a different singer and was completely about Werewolf. You'll have to either find it on ebay or on kazaa cuz there were only about 1000 made. This is the first song.
Slipknot
Pentex sucks! Pentex sucks! They drain the life force of my tribe Pentex sucks! Bonegnawers suck! Bonegnawers suck!! They roll around in garbage bins All Bonegnawers suck! (Pentex is bleeding but night is falling) The Black Hand sucks! The Black Hand sucks! Those wyrm-tainted bastard leeches Black Hand sucks! If I had my way! If I had my way! I'd rend them all ripped and torn ALL THAT SUCKS DIES!! (Sweet smell bleeding glow is melting me) I bring my klave into battle Shifting into Crinos - I slay wyrmfoe Then I step sideways.... You can't see me, for I hide within the Umbra
It isnt hidden in meaning, in fact if you look into biographies about the band you'll see all sorts of stuff about old members playing whitewolf a lot. In fact i believe the Mudvayne might be about mage, but since this is a Tool site Lets forget about that. And lastly since this is too long, Im sorry, yes Tool has been around longer so my mistake in wording, i was just going for the effect of what was said, so sorry>

eulogy508
10-24-2003, 03:54 PM
ManInBlack.... you are a dumbass and I advise you leave these forums before the matter gets any worse....

AllforUnity
10-30-2003, 07:52 AM
Yeah...you never answered my question Man in Black.

Cylith
11-10-2003, 04:31 PM
Yeah...you never answered my question Man in Black.

Yes he did. Why don't you try reading his posts? He answered at the very end of his last post on this thread.

Cylith
11-10-2003, 04:40 PM
This is to eulogy508:

ManInBlack.... you are a dumbass and I advise you leave these forums before the matter gets any worse....

Let him have any opinion he wants. This forum is one of opinion. There's no need to be an ass-hole.

Besides, he said in his first post on this thread, "I'd like people's (Educated, not just people telling me I'm wrong and never having played the game) opinions on this."...So in a sense, eulogy508, you just labeled yourself uneducated by responding to ManInBlack in such a fashion. If you want to post a response that refutes what someone is saying you should offer some proof (or other information) that proves whatever point it is that you may have....responding they way you did only makes you look bad, and kinda makes ManInBlack look good (because no one can disprove what he is saying).

…by the way…you spelled “dumbass” wrong (it’s supposed to be two words)…So that only makes you look like even more of a “dumbass.”

Windir
11-11-2003, 01:43 AM
*Listens to Dax Jonhson*

ManInBlack
11-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Sorry if anyone thought i was disrespecting tool, especially sorry if anyone thought i was comparing their music to Slipknots. My opinion was that i thought that Tools music seems to have elements from the game in it, especially the imagery(see the video for sober, Aenima, and Stinkfist if you know anything about wraith and you'll know what I mean.) I never meant that Tool was only focused on this, or even that it was a huge part of their music, but I think that they use as a vague theme in some of their songs. Although I'm probably wrong about it, I'd like to hear some feedback from the band if anyone could arrange that.