PDA

View Full Version : 07.13.2010 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena

SadSummerSea
05-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Feel free to discuss your brooding excitement. A new thread will be opened (post performance) for reviews ONLY.

eastsacg
05-12-2010, 09:41 AM
What's up with this? I don't see anything on Livenation or ticketmaster.

tooldude
05-12-2010, 12:29 PM
itll probably be on there tomorrow or friday... if not check the venue's official website (theres nothing there yet either)

dpad13
05-12-2010, 09:49 PM
It'll be my 2nd time seeing Tool at Arco on my birthday!!!

runfoxrun
05-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Whats the deal with Arco ?
is there allocated Seat sales? or is it all GA? good venue to see the show at, presuming it usually accomodates basketball etc right. cheers for any info

eastsacg
05-13-2010, 08:27 AM
It will more than likely be GA on the floor and assigned seating around the sides.

TOOLEYE
05-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Saw slipknot at arco last summer and the entire venue was GA. Very good arena to see a show, wasn't a bad seat in the house.

runfoxrun
05-13-2010, 02:46 PM
last summer and the entire venue was GA. Very good arena to see a show, wasn't a bad seat in the house.

Cool, just checking before i go through the chaos of purchasing tickets, I often wonder in that 0.06 secs we have to select, if choosing "Best Available" actually gets us anything decent lol. any more info on ticket outlet and sales dates will be much appreciated. Cheers from the west coast of Aust :)

TOOLEYE
05-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Ok......there is still no information on arco web site or ticketmaster about this concert, but, our local radio station just announced that they would be giving away two tickets to TOOL at arco arena at the amgen tour bicycle race today. We are the finishing point of the race today and rock 96.7 apparently has two tix to this show. Guess where I'm going today!!!

TOOLEYE
05-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Just checked www.rock967.com and their website says tix go on sale Saturday may 22 at 10:00 am!!

seantanu
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Just came to verify - it's on Ticketbastard as well, 5/22, 10am. Best of luck to everyone!

runfoxrun
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Just came to verify - it's on Ticketbastard as well, 5/22, 10am. Best of luck to everyone!

Can't Wait!! finally they pulled their collective fingers out their ass and we have a sale date :) lol. lets hope we all get a ticket, and the scalpers don't hit us first. thanks for all the info and heads ups guys.

livid star
05-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Holy shit. Just had some heart palpitations when I realized I am going to see my favorite band two nights in a row.

That's never happened for me, I ain't no "newb" if ya will...Their prior two night events were always too far, like LA or some shit.

Can ya feel me?

withSpirit
05-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Cool, just checking before i go through the chaos of purchasing tickets, I often wonder in that 0.06 secs we have to select, if choosing "Best Available" actually gets us anything decent lol. any more info on ticket outlet and sales dates will be much appreciated. Cheers from the west coast of Aust :)

'Best Available' does indeed work I have found. You just have to select the highest ticket price that it shows (many shows offer a cheaper option and a more expensive option, though if there is only one option you obviously must select that one). For Cedar Park 2 weeks ago, I just hit the highest ticket price and then Best Available. It got me three tickets one section away from the stage, Justin's side, second row up...very very good tickets, by far the best I've ever gotten.

Luckily I got those the first time. The real issue is, if you don't get tickets as good as you want the first time, whether you should take the few seconds to actually go BACK and try again. Sometimes it gets better tickets, and sometimes it doesn't. That decision is totally up to you. But my general rule is, if your tickets are reasonably good the first time, DO NOT try again. If you want better ones, you can sell yours and upgrade through eBay or StubHub for usually only 20 bucks or so.

jdowney
05-22-2010, 09:23 AM
got 2, best available were the $52 tickets, never been to Arco but it sounds like they should be decent seats. Was trying to find 1-3 tickets for a friend and it looks like they are sold out in 1-3 tickets.

Thought I was going to lose the tickets because it sent me to a visa verification thing, but it made the login for the visa program the ticketmaster url, so I could not make the account, so I had to cancel, but I got a confirmation anyway.

TOOLEYE
05-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Got mine!!! Section 102 row R!! I'm also seeing them on back to back nights!!! San Fran with my brother and a couple buddies and Sac with the wife!!! This will be my second time doin the back to back shows....saw them in San Diego in 07 at cox arena. Gonna be a great time! Come on July!!!!

cvan
05-22-2010, 12:07 PM
It's now 3 hours after they went on sale and tickets are STILL AVAILABLE!!! I just got 2 in a second balcony BOX! That's first row of the second level. STOKED!!!!!!

heilig_wissenschaft
05-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Right at 10:02am i got one ticket Section 108 Row J and was pretty stoked with it....but something inside of me kept trying and trying for a better one, and sure enough, right at 11:02am i got Floor 4 Row S......woohoo!!!! i thought......but then i saw that it has a seat number and so, now i'm thinking it's not going to be GA. I'm gonna get rid of one of these tickets and keep the better one, but which one....what do u guys think?

I've seen Tool six times since 2001 so i really don't care where i sit or stand. Plus, for this 2010 tour i have the good fortune of seeing them four times - Vancouver, Seattle, S.F and Sac........it's gonna be the best summer of my life!!!!! See you all down in the Bay..............

Thanx in advance for any input any of u guys can offer........

runfoxrun
05-22-2010, 08:00 PM
The Craziness continues :)
For some strange reason my CC would not go through last night using TM. The Visa Verified page just would not accept my details. I had to hit up TicketLiquidator.com to grab a ticket (and forced to pay) $40 US for INT Shipping. ...

Anyone used TicketLiquidator.com before ? I guess i won't see these in my hands before the middle of June. thinking TM usually deliver few weeks after sale right?

if this comes through fine, i'll be stoked. see you all at the show.

TOOLEYE
05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
See you at tommys joynt on the 12th RFR. We'll see what happens after that!! Back to back nights of TOOL!!! Niiiiiiiice!!!!

runfoxrun
05-24-2010, 11:51 PM
See you at tommys joynt on the 12th RFR. We'll see what happens after that!! Back to back nights of TOOL!!! Niiiiiiiice!!!!

Just got a notification that my Tickets have been FedEx'd to me as of today! God Damn! this could be real. Its real right? TOOL back to back. tell me im seeing two shows, and not dreaming. lol

TBC : Can't bloody wait for the Summer!

TOOLEYE
05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Just got a notification that my Tickets have been FedEx'd to me as of today! God Damn! this could be real. Its real right? TOOL back to back. tell me im seeing two shows, and not dreaming. lol

TBC : Can't bloody wait for the Summer!If it's a dream , it's one you don't want to wake up from until July 14th!! Gonna be awesome!! Just hope my liver will be able to stand two nights in a row of pure debauchery!! I'm gonna put it to the test for sure!! Come on July!!!

MJudge
06-09-2010, 04:24 PM
wooohooo
LAS VEGAS AND SAN DIEGO ON-SALE DATE

Just confirmed are shows in Las Vegas and San Diego. The on-sale date for both shows is this Saturday, JUNE 12th.

Thursday, July 15 - San Diego @ Viejas Arena

Friday, July 16 - Las Vegas @ Planet Hollywood Theater.

Necator
06-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I wonder if you can get away with smoking in Arco arena. ;)

dpad13
06-13-2010, 09:48 PM

No worries, with discreetness!!

dpad13
06-13-2010, 10:02 PM

No worries, with discreetness!!

Red Yehti
06-25-2010, 01:19 PM
After a 3 year and 3 month abscence from TDN, I am back. Just got my tix for July 13th at Arco. Craigslist had some pretty fair ticket prices for the floor. Ill see all of you there.

Red Yehti
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
You can get away with smoking in a crowded city bus, if you know the trick.

livid star
07-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I am in section 120, to the right side of the stage. How shitty of a seat is that?
What is the most reasonably priced hotel around the arena? HOTEL PARTY!!

Necator
07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Only picture I could find of Arco Arena concert set up.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Arco%20arena/Cricket_55/DSC01120.jpg

Looks like there is not a bad seat in the house... But I'm still glad I got on floor 1.

livid star
07-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Is any one even going to this show? lol
There was even vacancy at the Holiday Inn, as opposed to San Francisco!

TOD
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm going to the show in Sac-Town. I haven't heard anything good and a lot of bad about the town, but I expect to have a great time at the show.

livid star
07-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm going to the show in Sac-Town. I haven't heard anything good and a lot of bad about the town, but I expect to have a great time at the show.

If the crowd is full of assholes, this show will break my heart. I expect to have a better time at the SF show.

HAHA I love Murray! ZOMBIELAND!

fatback_mcswain
07-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Can someone who is going to this show pick up an extra poster? I can paypal double the cost in advance.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

TOD
07-07-2010, 09:04 AM
If the crowd is full of assholes, this show will break my heart. I expect to have a better time at the SF show.

HAHA I love Murray! ZOMBIELAND!

I don't think I've ever been to a Tool show that wasn't full of assholes. I saw them at Bonnaroo and a crowd surfer was dropped on my head during 46/2. I went to another show once where the guy in front of me was doing Tool-aerobics of some kind where he was constantly in this jumping motion that was annoying. I really don't like drunks. I have seen people head bang and get feisty during Wings. I can't figure out why these people come to these shows. There are mosh pit shows that they can go to, get really drunk, forget about it, and only be out 15 bucks or less for a ticket. Tool is a little different and expensive. I usually have to drive a long distance to see them and really I just want to sit there silently and absorb everything, but the world is full of assholes and they seem to make a point to intrude on my introversion. Don't get me wrong, I move around at shows and get loose, but for me it more like watching a movie.

livid star
07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't think I've ever been to a Tool show that wasn't full of assholes. .

And that's the truth! I guess my concern was that I don't want the assholes to be so great that it pisses off the band and we get gypted a song or something. My experience was ruined in Reno in 2007. I resolved to never drive long distances for shows again after that.

Then comes 2010 and the Sacramento show, my resolution went out the window.

Necator
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
From what I understand this is a sit down event. Often they are less rowdy than a general admission but there will always be drunk assholes with no concern for the enjoyment of anyone else but themselves.

46inme
07-07-2010, 07:05 PM
That Reno show was also a seated floor. I was seventh row Adams side on the floor and there really was no moshing going on. There was a push for the stage and the isle filled up but that was about it. As for the S.F. crowd and the Sac crowd, the city crowd well it's going to be a different energy for sure. We got maybe the best show of all the 10,000 days tour and I plan to bring that energy back with me. The Sacramento show crowd will be more pedestrian for sure. And drunk A holes are going to be at every show all you can do is just get away from them and don't let it bother you. From what I understand this is a sit down event. Often they are less rowdy than a general admission but there will always be drunk assholes with no concern for the enjoyment of anyone else but themselves.

merkaboy
07-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I have 2 great seats to this show that I need to get rid of IMMEDIATELY!!!
hit me up!!!

godhenry
07-08-2010, 10:34 AM
I have one extra pair of tickets. Lower Level Section 122 Row Q. And if my friends keep flaking on me, i might have another pair. But for now I only have one pair for sale. If you live in the Bay Area, we can meet up to do the transaction. I can also FedEx Next Day your tickets upon payment via PayPal (i'm a verified paypal member). I'm selling them at face value $75 each. Another $25 for FedEx if necessary.

EDIT: These are hard tickets.

livid star
07-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Just got back from the SF show. Borderline amazing.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow night, Tool!!

godhenry
07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I have one extra pair of tickets. Lower Level Section 122 Row Q. And if my friends keep flaking on me, i might have another pair. But for now I only have one pair for sale. If you live in the Bay Area, we can meet up to do the transaction. I can also FedEx Next Day your tickets upon payment via PayPal (i'm a verified paypal member). I'm selling them at face value $75 each. Another $25 for FedEx if necessary.

EDIT: These are hard tickets.

Even though they made it to the SF show on the previous night, my friends who didn't make it to this show probably made the biggest mistake in their lives!

TOOL me!

Rokky
07-14-2010, 02:38 PM
They ever do a bad show in my opinion. Maybe Maynard is doing an APC type of approach to performing lately. What is it with this grade school uniform he is wearing? Very strange. opening with third eye just blew me away!

phantomuppercut
01-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Whats the deal with Arco ?
is there allocated Seat sales? or is it all GA? good venue to see the show at, presuming it usually accomodates basketball etc right. cheers for any info

you sit where ever