PDA

View Full Version : 06.19.2010 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Arena

Pages : [1] 2

SadSummerSea
05-04-2010, 01:41 PM
THIS SHOW WILL GO ON SALE SATURDAY MAY 15TH @ 10:00 AM VIA TICKETMASTER

Feel free to discuss your brooding excitement. A new thread will be opened (post performance) for reviews ONLY.

SadSummerSea
05-05-2010, 09:14 AM
seriously considering flying from toronto to new orleans to catch this show. anyone familiar with the venue?

zombie
05-05-2010, 11:55 AM
We are making the trek from Atlanta, GA. Never been to New Orleans!!!!!!!

SadSummerSea
05-05-2010, 03:06 PM
its not at all the closest show for me, but fuck man - its new orleans!

so these tickets go on sale on saturday? they arent on ticketmaster yet and i get paranoid. please advise.

jwb
05-05-2010, 03:14 PM
its not at all the closest show for me, but fuck man - its new orleans!

so these tickets go on sale on saturday? they arent on ticketmaster yet and i get paranoid. please advise.

No worries. I'm sure they'll pop up on TM thursday or friday am. If not, I'll be checking TM all day at work on Friday just in case they go on-sale a day earlier than Blair posted. He's been known to screw-up on sale dates from time to time. lol.

SadSummerSea
05-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Good plan. Call me at work if this happens please, haha.

jwb
05-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Edit- I'm an idiot.

That link I posted was for the seating chart at the New Orleans Arena. Upon further investigation-rechecked Toolband- they are playing at University of New Orleans Arena (not the same), which looks much lamer and isn't anywhere near the French Quarter.

http://arena.uno.edu/default.aspx?hpu=1

kanaduh
05-06-2010, 04:36 AM
seriously considering flying from toronto to new orleans to catch this show. anyone familiar with the venue?

lets do it! (seriously)

TheDude420
05-06-2010, 05:15 AM
ive never been to this venue, but it IS in new orleans so thats reason enough for me. Plus its only like 1 1/2 hrs from my house so im there

SadSummerSea
05-06-2010, 05:57 AM
lets do it! (seriously)

its already done! time booked off, just need tickets, haha. likely flying out of buffalo. delta = 330 roundtrip. kates coming too.

TheDude420
05-06-2010, 07:44 AM
we need to get a lil meetup before or after the show or both cuz i will most likely be down there alone. How many of yall ever been to the N.O.?

nusense
05-06-2010, 09:05 AM
New Orleans is the shit, so to all you first timers: ENJOY! Wonderful city and honestly, one of the BEST "vibes" for catching a show anywhere in the world.

A Tool show is always great, but New Orleans and it's rich cultural/musical history just carry an amazing vibe into any show held there.

Be sure to explore outside Bourbon St. (which is a bore and torture to me, personally). The rest of the French Quarter is pretty cool, but I highly recommend getting off that beaten path and checking out the Magazine St./St. Charles/Garden District area and other surrounding areas. REALLY good eats on Magazine St.

Choice Breath
05-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm a New Orleans native and I have seen a lot of bands at the UNO Lakefront arena, including Tool. I have to say that when I saw Tool there (with The Melvins opening up, which was awesome too) the sound wasn't very good. I don't attribute it to Tool or the venue. I don't know if it was their sound guy or what, but there was a serious lack of clarity in the mix and it seemed like I was hearing only the effects (reverb) on Maynard's voice, almost an aftereffect. Of course, most bands that I've seen sound great in this venue.

As for the French Quarter, although the arena is not that close to the quarter, you can take Elysian Fields Avenue from the arena straight down to the river and turn right and your in the quarter. Elysian Fields Ave runs along the westernmost side of the arena. Of course, you will pass through a couple of scary neighborhoods.

I haven't seen the tickets for sale on Ticketmaster yet and the show is also not yet listed on the arena's website.

nusense
05-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Ugh. It's the first show of the tour also. Why is THIS the one that has to have the ticketmaster cock-up?

I really hope this goes smoothly. I don't want to be glued to my computer every morning from Saturday onward.

jwb
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the heads-up NOLA folks. Magazine St., you say? Any place in particular you recommend?

SadSummerSea, I hear you - plane tickets in hand with no show tickets or on-sale date on TM... Just playin', I'm locking in my plans tomorrow.

Kanaduh, if they play the same setlist as last year's summer tour I'm going to buy you this

http://www.cafepress.com.au/fourtheye.398977163

and maybe a beer for waking you up the other day.

kanaduh
05-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Kanaduh, if they play the same setlist as last year's summer tour I'm going to buy you this

LOL.

jwb - are you hitting up NO as well? If so lets grab a room in the same hotel as summersea. You grab the tickets i'll cover the room? (or vice versa) looking forward to drinking with you legally this time.

summer - did you buy the air tickets yet? I was definately going to go through buffalo as well. way cheaper. however, i was thinking of also hitting up houston the next day, then going back to toronto from there. it's something to consider, and with 3 (or 4) of us a lot cheaper too.

Edit: Just did a quick price search on expedia -

Drive from Toronto to Buffalo
Flight from Buffalo to NO - $137 including taxes/fees
Flight from NO to Houston - $99 including taxes/fees
Flight from Houston to Buffalo - $155 including taxes/fees

I can arrange for a free lift to/from toronto.

That's $391 dollars for the flights. Not too bad considering your original return flight with delta was just as high with only one concert. To add the Houston show it would cost about $50 more for the plane ticket, plus the extra concert ticket and hotel/food (which we would share)

SadSummerSea
05-06-2010, 09:26 PM
no can do houston, im starting a new job at the end of may and don't want to push my luck. i told them i had a wedding * shifty eyes * luckily this show is on a saturday.

jwb
05-07-2010, 04:15 AM
LOL.

jwb - are you hitting up NO as well? If so lets grab a room in the same hotel as summersea. You grab the tickets i'll cover the room? (or vice versa) looking forward to drinking with you legally this time.

Sounds good. I'll take care of the tickets whenever TM puts them up.

nusense
05-07-2010, 05:09 AM
So, yeah.... really hoping these tickets get posted today or tomorrow morning. Why do Tool tickets always have to be such a stressful event? (Well, not ALL I suppose. But fairly frequently)

SadSummerSea
05-07-2010, 06:07 AM
so i just did some investigating, called the general manager @ lakefront arena.. tickets are NOT going on sale tomorrow according to them, but will go through ticketmaster. i asked if she had any additional information but she didnt, and said i would have to contact tool. i asked if she had their number but no. she said they were being promoted by "beaver promotions" but i can't find any contact information for them other than in the uk or australia.

kanaduh
05-07-2010, 07:04 AM
so i just did some investigating, called the general manager @ lakefront arena.. tickets are NOT going on sale tomorrow according to them, but will go through ticketmaster. i asked if she had any additional information but she didnt, and said i would have to contact tool. i asked if she had their number but no. she said they were being promoted by "beaver promotions" but i can't find any contact information for them other than in the uk or australia.

nice work, detective

nusense
05-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Beaver is a popular promotion group in this region (Southeast/Gulf Coast).

Sucks they're apparently not on sale tomorrow... was looking forward to getting it over with. Really wish the site (Tool Army) would/could stay on top of this stuff.

edit: Just called Ticketmaster and... big surprise... they're no help at all.

SadSummerSea
05-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Beaver is a popular promotion group in this region (Southeast/Gulf Coast).

thanks for that:

talked to beaver. lady there said some details were being ironed, tickets likely on sale next saturday.

russ1848
05-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks, i was getting kinda nervous. Still gonna check ticketmaster regularly.

zeik
05-07-2010, 08:47 AM
thanks for that:

talked to beaver. lady there said some details were being ironed, tickets likely on sale next saturday.

AHH. cannot keep thinking about this for another week! the stress ages me.

SadSummerSea
05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
surprizingly the lady from beaver just called me back because she received word that the show will definitely go on sale may 15th. she also gave me the number to a guy i can talk to about getting a photopass. TEEHEE. long shot, but you never know.

Choice Breath
05-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm a New Orleans native and I have seen a lot of bands at the UNO Lakefront arena, including Tool. I have to say that when I saw Tool there (with The Melvins opening up, which was awesome too) the sound wasn't very good. I don't attribute it to Tool or the venue. I don't know if it was their sound guy or what, but there was a serious lack of clarity in the mix and it seemed like I was hearing only the effects (reverb) on Maynard's voice, almost an aftereffect. Of course, most bands that I've seen sound great in this venue.

As for the French Quarter, although the arena is not that close to the quarter, you can take Elysian Fields Avenue from the arena straight down to the river and turn right and your in the quarter. Elysian Fields Ave runs along the westernmost side of the arena. Of course, you will pass through a couple of scary neighborhoods.

I haven't seen the tickets for sale on Ticketmaster yet and the show is also not yet listed on the arena's website.

While falling asleep last night I realized I said that Elysian Fields runs along side the arena. It does not, Franklin Avenue does.

Choice Breath
05-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the heads-up NOLA folks. Magazine St., you say? Any place in particular you recommend?

SadSummerSea, I hear you - plane tickets in hand with no show tickets or on-sale date on TM... Just playin', I'm locking in my plans tomorrow.

and maybe a beer for waking you up the other day.

If they play the same setlist, I'm going to buy myself this shirt:

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/tool-not-the-band-im-just-a-tool/?xid=499bc30b-af5f-64b4-8d68-7fe5593644c9

TheDude420
05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
nacho mamma's on magazine is fuckin amazing, ive been to tons but i forget the names.

If you never been to bourbon st., go and see it and walk down it for a bit (not too far), but its not as cool as it seems, i hate it unless im at felix's oyster bar

jwb
05-07-2010, 11:56 AM
If they play the same setlist, I'm going to buy myself this shirt:

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/tool-not-the-band-im-just-a-tool/?xid=499bc30b-af5f-64b4-8d68-7fe5593644c9

That's pretty funny.

jwb
05-07-2010, 12:02 PM
nacho mamma's on magazine is fuckin amazing, ive been to tons but i forget the names.

If you never been to bourbon st., go and see it and walk down it for a bit (not too far), but its not as cool as it seems, i hate it unless im at felix's oyster bar

Cool, thanks.
I'm probably going to be getting into town a day early, so any advice on what to do/see or where to eat/drink is much appreciated.

TheDude420
05-07-2010, 03:17 PM
good place to eat? depending on what you want. Seafood? Creole? southern classics? Hopefully seafood wont be sketchy by then from this oil spill, but there are several good oyster bars. Felix's just off Bourbon is my fav oyster bar in the city, better than ACME oyster house right accross the street. or you could look for the shittiest lookin place to eat and go there, its likely the bomb.
Mothers on tchopitoulas st. is amazing, but get there early else you wait. they have southern home cooking type stuff: fried chicken, dumplins, meatloaf, BREAD PUDDING!!! you must get that. or you could just ask around. ask the clerk at the hotel, ask people on the street, ask cab drivers.
Good places to drink? the streets. go to the roosevelt hotel, hit the lounge and order a Sazerac, be careful tho, they strong.

Im down there all the time, but i forget the names of places easily. Ask people, except bums, dont ask them shit, and they will point you in the right direction to whatever you require. Just dont look like too much of a tourist and you'll be fine so long as you have decent street smarts.

nusense
05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
If you're in the mood for something more interesting/unique foodwise and don't mind spending some, there's a good place called Maya's on Magazine St.

Also, Juan's Flying Burrito is across the street and very good. And as mentioned, Mother's.

jwb
05-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Thanks guys. Just got my ticket (airline, that is) for Friday. Looking forward to checking out some of those places.

edit:
They finally put the show up on the UNO Lakefront site.

http://www.arena.uno.edu/

Tickets go on sale Saturday May 15 at 10am.

TheDude420
05-08-2010, 07:08 AM
awesome man, awesome. wonder why the first show gets the latest ticket date?

jwb: i would highly suggest going down magazine street. Much less trashy than bourbon, very good places to eat and cool shit to see. You should see bourbon, but its really a hell hole. Ima try to get the scoop on whats going on after the tool show. We (all the people from here going) should meet up before, after the show, or both and get in some troouble.

TheDude420
05-08-2010, 08:17 AM
also, look at what i get to go see when i get home from work:

ALOKE DUTTA PERFORMING IN NEW ORLEANS

Tabla master ALOKE DUTTA will perform at BLUE NILE CLUB (New Orleans) on WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2010 at 8 P.M.

mwahahaha!!!

jwb
05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
awesome man, awesome. wonder why the first show gets the latest ticket date?

jwb: i would highly suggest going down magazine street. Much less trashy than bourbon, very good places to eat and cool shit to see. You should see bourbon, but its really a hell hole. Ima try to get the scoop on whats going on after the tool show. We (all the people from here going) should meet up before, after the show, or both and get in some troouble.

Cool. I'm splitting a room with Kanaduh, and I think summersea might be staying at the same place, but I'll PM you with my celly before the 19th if you want to hang with the "cool" kids. :)

SadSummerSea
05-08-2010, 08:28 AM
im not in charge of hotel selection. my friend is into hostels and found one for 8 dollars. i told her there was no way in hell i was staying there, haha. meeting a friend from memphis down there, hes in charge of hotel.

topside844
05-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Yep! I've registered for Aloke Dutta's workshop on concepts of rhythm and will be going to his show the day before also.

Getting to see Tool & Aloke Dutta within the span of a month will be great.

I'm sure I'll see most of you there :)

kanaduh
05-08-2010, 08:45 AM
summer, jwb is taking care of our hotel I think. Find out where you're staying so we can try to get the same one - preferably as close to venue as possible.

PS - we're arriving on the friday.

TheDude420
05-08-2010, 09:21 AM
let me look at hotels and such and i may can get the hook up

TheDude420
05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
ok i just looked at mapquest and seen where this arena is. Its only like 15 min from the french quarter, so like a $20-$30 cab ride, not too bad, but we should definitely group up and go together so to cut down on cost.

hotels: Some good ones are Hotel Chateau Dupree on Decateur ($62), Royal St. Charles on st charles ($99), ambassador on tchopitoulas($90). those are usually under a bill a room and are nice places to stay, not that you gone be there much. think ima get the chateau dupree. you really shouldn't spend too much on the rooms.

yea man, yall get up with me before the show cuz ima likely be there solo. even tho im not on this website much i been around a while and i dont kill TOO many people so... its all good

Swens6
05-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Does anyone know why they are playing the UNO Lakefront Arena and not the New Orleans Arena?

I'm from the NO area and am sad to say that I have never seen a show at the Lakefront arena but have heard that the acoustics are terrible in there.... I caught Tool at the NO Arena in 07' and that was the best show of the 3 that I have seen them.

For you out of towners, the NO Arena would have been much more convenient since it is about 1 mile outside of the quarter.

Nonetheless, I will be there! Picked up my Houston tickets today and will grab some NO tix this Saturday. I cannot wait!

nusense
05-11-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't know why they went with it either, as the NO Arena is pretty superior.

The Circus is coming to the NO Arena a few days after the 19, perhaps they require more prep time?

Swens6
05-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah, then that would prob be the reason why....

As a native Louisianian, I feel bad for the out of towners though. They def will not get the full experience like they would if it would have been at the Arena.

Hell, I don't even want to go to the Lakefront arena. You have to go through some shady areas to get there but at least I know that it is shitty. Just hope they realize that it is def not representative of Downtown/French Quarter.

nusense
05-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Any advice on the "least shady" yet efficient way to get to the arena?

ETA: For someone staying downtown, I mean.

Swens6
05-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Depends on which way you are coming from and I should prob clarify my statement. If you stay on the main roads you will be fine, the issue is if you get lost, you are in very sketchy parts. Its very easy to end up under the High Rise bridge if you come out of that area that wrong way.

For me, I will be coming via I10 over Lake Ponchatrain.... I will get off at Reed or Crowder and take that North to Hayne and then Hayne/South Harbor/Leon Simon West which will run right into the Arena. (Kind of hard to explain, but you are basically just riding the lakefront and passing the lakefront airport until you get to the arena)

If I was coming from Downtown, I'd prob take Elysian Fields North until I hit Leon Simon and then head East and the Arena would be right there

Again, if you stay on the major thoroughfares you will be fine. Im just not a big fan of that area. I used to drive it 3 times a week while in school.

TheDude420
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
or we could all meet up in the french qrtr and share a cab ride up there

jwb
05-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm planning on staying in the FQ (DoubleTree), and getting a cab to UNO. Safe?

EDIT: Or what ^he^ said

Swens6
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Yeah, you will be perfectly fine. Like I said, my feelings are more geared to the out of towners who may drive themselves to the show. The lake front itself is a decent area, its the in between that is sketchy. Not the kind of place someone unfamiliar with the area wants to get lost in. Thats all I am sayin.

I just wish it was at the NO Arena downtown. Would have been easy for yall to get smashed on Bourbon and then have a 2 min cab ride over to the Dome.

fzanes
05-11-2010, 12:50 PM
So, here's a story for you. I'm from South Jersey, and I'm getting married on June 12th in Atlantic City. This has been planned for a long time now. We are going to New Orleans on our honeymoon from the 14th-23rd...been down before and we both love it. I'm on ticketmaster looking for shows in the area today and I see TOOL listed first...you have to be kidding me!! This will be my 6th TOOL show and my soon-to-be wife's 4th...our 4th together!! Now I just have to make sure I get two tickets on Saturday morning...this is just too much!!

We are staying in a hotel in the French Quarter...cab ride there, or rent a car...any suggestions???

TheDude420
05-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah, you will be perfectly fine. Like I said, my feelings are more geared to the out of towners who may drive themselves to the show. The lake front itself is a decent area, its the in between that is sketchy. Not the kind of place someone unfamiliar with the area wants to get lost in. Thats all I am sayin.

I just wish it was at the NO Arena downtown. Would have been easy for yall to get smashed on Bourbon and then have a 2 min cab ride over to the Dome.

did you go to the 11/17/07 show at the NO arene? that was a sick show. first time seeing flood for me. The show in baton rouge earlier that summer was friggin amazing, got Pushit there.

TheDude420
05-11-2010, 12:56 PM
So, here's a story for you. I'm from South Jersey, and I'm getting married on June 12th in Atlantic City. This has been planned for a long time now. We are going to New Orleans on our honeymoon from the 14th-23rd...been down before and we both love it. I'm on ticketmaster looking for shows in the area today and I see TOOL listed first...you have to be kidding me!! This will be my 6th TOOL show and my soon-to-be wife's 4th...our 4th together!! Now I just have to make sure I get two tickets on Saturday morning...this is just too much!!

We are staying in a hotel in the French Quarter...cab ride there, or rent a car...any suggestions???

CAB, no question. once in the french quarter you can pretty much walk wherever you want down there. You will not want to drive back after the show if you rent a car most likely.

MJudge
05-11-2010, 12:59 PM

Awesome. Congrats.
I have a story to add for you. My wife and I were married in July of 2001. at the time we were living in Boulder, CO , but had the wedding in Las Vegas. We returned to Denver and went str8 from the airport to Red Rocks for a Tool show, on our way back to Boulder

fzanes
05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Awesome. Congrats.
I have a story to add for you. My wife and I were married in July of 2001. at the time we were living in Boulder, CO , but had the wedding in Las Vegas. We returned to Denver and went str8 from the airport to Red Rocks for a Tool show, on our way back to Boulder

That's sweet man...crazy how things work out sometimes. Would love to see anyone at Red Rocks!! I've never been out that way.

We saw them in Atlantic City a few years back and have hoping that they hit Boardwalk Hall again at some point. Heard that Maynard did not like some aspects of the venue though. Can't wait for this one though..

Swens6
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
did you go to the 11/17/07 show at the NO arene? that was a sick show. first time seeing flood for me. The show in baton rouge earlier that summer was friggin amazing, got Pushit there.

I was at both of those shows.... To me, besides Pushit, BR was a let down. That was right after Danny had torn his bicep and Maynard was sick.

The NO show 5 months later was absolutely amazing!

TheDude420
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I was at both of those shows.... To me, besides Pushit, BR was a let down. That was right after Danny had torn his bicep and Maynard was sick.

The NO show 5 months later was absolutely amazing!

my first tool show was 5/25/07 in south haven mississippi RIGHT after danny came back. actually it may have been the first one back because it had to be rescheduled. saw right in two and got a aenema encore. the whole place sat down and was civil during wings/10k daze. pretty cool atmosphere. BR, i drove to without a ticket, in the rain, and managed to score a tick at a good price, but Pushit made the trip worth it big time

Swens6
05-11-2010, 02:28 PM
I had to wait nearly 2 years to see them again after the NO show in 07'

I drove to San Antonio to catch them and had the hookup on tickets two days later in Atlanta but I just couldn't find it in myself to jump in the car and drive 14hrs the opposite direction. I thought I would have to wait another 2-3 years to see them.... I didn't think they would go back out unless they were supporting a new album, which I thought would be 2011.

I am ecstatic to get to see them twice next month and possibly a third if I decide to hit the Dallas show too.

MJudge
05-11-2010, 03:14 PM
That's sweet man...crazy how things work out sometimes. Would love to see anyone at Red Rocks!! I've never been out that way.

We saw them in Atlantic City a few years back and have hoping that they hit Boardwalk Hall again at some point. Heard that Maynard did not like some aspects of the venue though. Can't wait for this one though..
Red Rocks is definitely a special place to see a show, especially Tool. Was fortunate to see them twice there when I lived up there, also saw many other shows including Soundgarden

TheDude420
05-12-2010, 03:16 PM
how many of yall intend on getting GA tix for nawlins? Im thinking i want a balcony seat this time around

fzanes
05-13-2010, 04:58 AM
how many of yall intend on getting GA tix for nawlins? Im thinking i want a balcony seat this time around

I've never been to this venue before. From some of the pics on the website, it looks like a higher seat wouldn't be too bad. Are they selling all the seats in the place?

Swens6
05-13-2010, 06:48 AM

Are there GA tickets? From looking at the seating chart it looks like the floor is sectioned off with seats?

If it is, then I will try to floor seats but if its GA, I will prob just pick up some lower level seats. I much rather seats to where I can have a little elbow room and enjoy the show, but thats just my opinion.

TheDude420
05-13-2010, 08:11 AM
im not sure if there are seats or no, i was just assuming. have to check that out. i like being a little farther back and higher up so i can see the whole spectacle around me, but when not on the floor sometimes the security is draconian.

Swens6
05-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, from the seating chart that I looked at for the Lakefront arena it showed 6 sections on the floor, if I remember right. There was one long section across the whole front of the stage which may be GA but there were def seating sections too. Guess we will find out Saturday at 10am

fzanes
05-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Yeah, from the seating chart that I looked at for the Lakefront arena it showed 6 sections on the floor, if I remember right. There was one long section across the whole front of the stage which may be GA but there were def seating sections too. Guess we will find out Saturday at 10am

10:00am for you...11:00am for me...damn time zones!

SadSummerSea
05-13-2010, 08:46 AM
I called Lakefront arena because I'm resourceful like that. Floor is ALL assigned seating. lame.

TheDude420
05-13-2010, 09:40 AM
yea that is lame kinda, but i will probably consider getting a floor seat. what are yall's thoughts?

Swens6
05-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Ima try for a floor seat since it is assigned. Will be nice to get the floor view without the clusterfuck of a crowd.

Like I said, I like to have some elbow room to enjoy a show.

TheDude420
05-13-2010, 03:48 PM
we need to organize a meet up pre show. especially if there is no GA, no need to be there hella early except to scour the parking lot for some party favors and women maybe.

Swens6
05-14-2010, 12:18 PM
So what songs do you hope they play? Realistically, I think we will get the exact same set list we got in 07' and 10'..... They have to play "Flood" in New Orleans. They did in 07' so I would imagine they will again.

Some that I would like to see but I'm def not holding my breath would be: Eulogy, Push it, Ticks and Leeches, The Grudge, Parobola.

TheDude420
05-14-2010, 02:18 PM
we could hear pushit, eulogy, parabola, maybe grudge, not gone get T&L ever, but thats ok. prolly get flood. i hope i never hear vicarious again ever. i want undertow...longshot, never heard sober. i doubt we will get the exact same setlist, but will we get pretty much the same, yes. and by that i mean stinkfist, schism, lateralus, 46&2.

But ima keep the faith and im down to see whatever they play, i wont be sad i guarantee that already

AlterEgo
05-14-2010, 04:27 PM
So, I just found out about the show, and I live in New Orleans.

My first Tool show was in the UNO arena around 10 years ago.

For that show, all tickets were assigned, and they handed out wristbands at the door that allowed floor access, until they ran out. And there were no seats on the floor.

It's a smoke-free venue. They wouldn't even let you bring cigarettes in the building. Everyone had to go through a metal detector, but people were smoking pot on the floor. That's the only time I went though. I know it was damaged by Katrina, and repaired, so I'm sure some things have changed.

Anyway. I'm coming with 3 friends from out of state. I'm down for a meetup, even though this is my first post here :D

TheDude420
05-14-2010, 04:41 PM
sure man, ill give ya my phone number and we can get up before the show

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 03:28 AM
not lookin too good for me this morning. im out here at work offshore, hasnt rained in 2 weeks and now its storming, effectively knocking out our already shitty satellite internet or at least making it hella unstable. So whats prolly gone happen is another line will come through just as the tix go on sale and i will not be able to properly connect and miss my tickets.

fuckin wow.....

Swens6
05-15-2010, 04:11 AM
Was just thinking the same thing. Hasn't stormed in Houston in 2 weeks but it stormed last night and theres a severe line coming through in the next 2-3 hours. God I hope we don't lose power. If so, you can bet your ass I will be on my phone with Ticketmaster.

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 04:15 AM
see our phones and internet are one in the same so if one is gone, both are caput

jwb
05-15-2010, 05:02 AM
see our phones and internet are one in the same so if one is gone, both are caput

If you don't reply to my PM before tickets go on sale, I'll grab an extra ticket or two.

Hodge
05-15-2010, 05:29 AM
good luck everyone

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 06:15 AM
to jwb:

man if you dont hear from me by 9:50 go ahead and grab me one please. i may ask you to grab me one anyway so we can have seats by each other. but i will let you know for sure as long as the weather holds up.

But i repeat, IF YOU DONT HEAR FROM ME AGAIN BY 9:50 GRAB ME ONE WHEN YOU GET YOURS

jwb
05-15-2010, 06:35 AM
good luck everyone

I second that.

Just a reminder to everyone, be sure you've got your ticketmaster account set up beforehand and you're logged in. Could save you from losing good seats.

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 06:48 AM
ok jwb, im here and the weather looks like its gone hold up long enough to make the purchase

jwb
05-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Cool. GL!

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Cool. GL!

tell you what man, if you dont mind would you swoop me up 1 ticket wherever you gone get yours cause ima be solo and it'd be cool to be by someone ive actually talked to before

jwb
05-15-2010, 06:57 AM
tell you what man, if you dont mind would you swoop me up 1 ticket wherever you gone get yours cause ima be solo and it'd be cool to be by someone ive actually talked to before

Ok.

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Ok.

by the way, that was me that just called you. i got a fucked up number out here at work.

you got me for sure?

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 07:10 AM
whats it lookin like man?

SadSummerSea
05-15-2010, 07:19 AM
holy shit that was fast.

lol @ "quaff remarks" security check

section A row 30
fuck buying 3 tickets at once.

Hodge
05-15-2010, 07:22 AM
poor THeDude is probably nervously waiting results...hoping for the best bro

pentonvb05
05-15-2010, 07:24 AM
After 7 minutes you couldnt get 2 tickets together. I was manning the phone and the computer. Its funny how the guy on the phone gives you a "best available" ticket and you can pull one off of the website that is in a much better location.

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 07:25 AM
hahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jwb came thru for me. i owe this dude big time. sec O i believe, dont know what row he said, but its all good now. nice. fuckin cant wait

jwb
05-15-2010, 07:25 AM
poor THeDude is probably nervously waiting results...hoping for the best bro

TheDude is good. He's in section O with me and Kanaduh.

topside844
05-15-2010, 07:26 AM
It can't really be sold out already? Theres no way 2-3 seat combos are no longer avail wtf. I started right at 10:00A and was able to pull ONE 3 seat combo but searched again for better seat and got nothing after that.

Totally lame! lol

jwb
05-15-2010, 07:28 AM
That was a battle! I couldn't get 3 tix together anywhere in the lower section sides. Ended up getting 3 singles in section O, which is mightly cool though. Adam's side.

Swens6
05-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Holy shit those tickets went fast.... I would love to know how Ticketmaster releases tickets because we had 2 people working off of three computers from the very second that the tickets became available and the best we were able to get were Section R for 15.

Not once did the floor seats open or anything lower than Row 15.

jwb
05-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Just checked exact locations. We're all pretty close - Section O - got 2 in row 15 and 1 in row 14.

Also, got one extra section P row 11 if anyone else needs a single.

AlterEgo
05-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Picked up 4 in row 10, FLR C. !!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone.

Any idea who's opening?

nusense
05-15-2010, 07:34 AM
MotherFUCK ticketmaster. Shittiest system I've ever encountered.

dr funkmaster
05-15-2010, 07:39 AM
If you didn't get tickets before it sold out keep trying. I'm still pulling up 2 seats every few times I try for some friends. I got Q up near the top right at 11am. About 15 minutes in I pulled up F row 5. I think my friends can have Q, hah.

SadSummerSea
05-15-2010, 07:40 AM
that was a fucking battle. glad that stress is over. hope everyone is happy with their tickets even though they're from ticketmaster!

Swens6
05-15-2010, 07:48 AM
MotherFUCK ticketmaster. Shittiest system I've ever encountered.

Then you obviously didn't get tickets from the Toyota Center for the show on the 20th..... This was way better.

topside844
05-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Looks like I have 1 extra ticket for New Orleans. One of best in the house. Lower Section F Row 8. This is 1st above floor area and is right next to the stage.

http://intl.stub.com/seating-charts/...stage-1591.jpg

Also could use a good string of 3 tickets if they're floating around ;-P

nusense
05-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Well, I now have two tickets for sale if anyone is interested.

Section S, Row 26, seats 9 and 10.

They're up higher, which isn't great, but straight back, which is (better view). Also, this arena is slightly smaller I think, so being up high isn't quite as bad as some others.

PM me if anyone is interested.

fzanes
05-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I ended up with 2 tickets in SEC A, row 29. Anyone know if they are decent? I'm just happy I got them

I honestly don't care what they play (although we would both love to hear Wings again)...I'm coming from Jersey and seeing TOOL in New Orleans on my honeymoon. Too f'n cool.

SadSummerSea
05-15-2010, 01:42 PM
im a row behind you, fzanes, and i'm definitely happy with my seats. i like a straight on view of the stage, and i always get better sound experiences from the back of small arenas like this. totally awesome honeymoon, congrats.

AlterEgo
05-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I just hope they play Rosetta Stoned. Third Eye would be nice, but I'm quite sure we won't hear that.

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 04:03 PM
yea i like rosetta stoned. the new lost keys from last year was really sweet.

of course id rather hear 3rd eye. whatever they play, im really excited to be getting the first show of the tour, hope they have some sweet new posters

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 05:16 PM
oh and anyone thats down for it, make sure your party shoes are laced up tight cuz we gone party like mad after the show...just a warning

AlterEgo
05-15-2010, 06:29 PM
oh and anyone thats down for it, make sure your party shoes are laced up tight cuz we gone party like mad after the show...just a warning

Where is the after party?

TheDude420
05-15-2010, 08:10 PM
maybe the maple leaf, alvin youngblood heart is playing there at some point that night. thats a good starting spot. go from there.

ANYWHERE BUT BOURBON!!! prolly not going there

munkeytoolmaster
05-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Does anybody know why the tickets are not coming up on ticketmaster?

TheDude420
05-16-2010, 12:25 PM
all gone for now maybe. check back in a week or so, they usually release some leading up to the event, sometimes better ones than are released when they go on sale

SadSummerSea
05-16-2010, 01:18 PM
i have to fly out at 5:55 am on sunday

:(

TheDude420
05-16-2010, 01:30 PM
well, we'll still be up at that point so you can just go from the bar to the airport.

sixpastsix
05-16-2010, 02:00 PM
New to the boards.... see you all there. Flying in day of show from Tampa. I'll be in Section D...which according to the seating chart, looks like a rather shitty seat. LOL. Oh well, It's Tool. I fly out the next day at 8am... gonna be a lonnnng night.

Does anybody know why the tickets are not coming up on ticketmaster?

That would be because it sold out in about 10 minutes at the most.

kanaduh
05-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Well folks, this is the first show of the tour - and a good number of us are all going to be travelling for this one.

It's time to make formal plans for the pre-after party and figure out the details.

TheDude420
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Well folks, this is the first show of the tour - and a good number of us are all going to be travelling for this one.

It's time to make formal plans for the pre-after party and figure out the details.

maple leaf in new orleans gone have a pretty good band/guitarist playing that night after tool, Alvin youngblood hart, dont know exactly what time tho.

Swens6
05-17-2010, 09:13 AM
hope they have some sweet new posters

Speaking of posters.... Any idea of what they look like?

I have the MR X poster from last summer and it is badass!

Also, I've heard that there are a limited number of autographed posters at every show, is this true?

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 11:26 AM
tis true. you better be one of the first swarms of people into the arena and then you better make a bee-line to the merch tent to get a autographed one. I dont know what mr x is, but im talking about unique-to-each-show posters. in 07 they had ones made by printmafia that had some sort of strange shit in the background...and by strange i mean the one i got from that tour has a huge green monkey looking at you and says TOOL on it in big block letters. some had bdsm scenes on it, some had chicks with their O faces on. cool stuff

in 09 i got one in georgia that has a cool ass alien in space with a weird symbol in a orb floating close to him. adam drew these for the shows in 09. it may be kinda 3d or even glow in the dark. they were numbered and for another 70 bucks you could get a signed one...i got the regular one.

you should get you a numbered one this time around, very cool, for around $30 i think. better than a lame shirt

Swens6
05-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Mr X was the 2009 tour poster.... It was the dude from the Vicarious dude with all of the dates listed.

I looked back and found the original one from 07 you are talking about. Id just be content with a general tour poster that was autographed, that would be sweet.

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 12:17 PM
yea if thats your thing, they prolly will have something for ya.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140407755965&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

theres the last one i got from atlanta...well actually duluth, GA, but just outside atl

PS: i dont know if they sign the regular tour posters.

munkeytoolmaster
05-17-2010, 12:18 PM
all gone for now maybe. check back in a week or so, they usually release some leading up to the event, sometimes better ones than are released when they go on sale

thx man. fuck seats where are the floor tix?

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 12:20 PM
they are seated too i believe...thats why i opted for the higher ups

Frikinelmo
05-17-2010, 12:27 PM
*edit*

Frikinelmo
05-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Mr X was the 2009 tour poster.... It was the dude from the Vicarious dude with all of the dates listed.

I looked back and found the original one from 07 you are talking about. Id just be content with a general tour poster that was autographed, that would be sweet.

The limited edition prints are so awesome. I've collected 3 so far. They're hand screen printed on archival heavy weight paper. Then hand numbered, and sometimes autographed. Last tour it was $25 for unsigned, $100 for autographed

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3518/3823860655_b8e4d08bde_b.jpg

Swens6
05-17-2010, 12:41 PM
The limited edition prints are so awesome. I've collected 3 so far. They're hand screen printed on archival heavy weight paper. Then hand numbered, and sometimes autographed. Last tour it was $25 for unsigned, $100 for autographed

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3518/3823860655_b8e4d08bde_b.jpg

Dude, those are sick.... I went to the San Antonio and New Orleans show that you have right there. I actually found the NO one on Ebay for $40 bucks, debating on picking it up now that I have seen it framed and matted. Ill have to try to pick up the San Antonio too.

Frikinelmo
05-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Looks legit to me. I actually bought the NO off ebay after the fact. I had no idea they were doing them. What really kills me is that at the NO show, Adam had started releasing versions that he doodled on for extra $. At the time I probably couldn't have afforded it, but I might have gone into debt for one. Here's a better shot of my New Orleans one..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2159/3823861845_803cb9594b_b.jpg

Here are the customized posters:
http://www.toolarmy.com/images/news/ad_art_x2.jpg

Swens6
05-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Man, you have me sold on those posters. I am def going to get the NO and San Antonio ones and get them framed and matted. I hope they do another NO and Houston one for this tour.

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 01:06 PM
those are what i was trying to explain to you earlier. waaaaaaay better than the generic mr x poster. i just didnt want to hurt your feelings if you were really sold on that.

those are what im hoping for this tour

Frikinelmo
05-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Same here. I've gone back to see if they existed for other show's I've been to, but no luck. They frame nicely and certainly make a nice memento.

The last tour posters were all based on Adam's artwork. I'd love to see more like that!

Luckily, my wife likes the music and the posters as much as I do. Eventually I'd love one in every room of the house.

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 01:09 PM
and those custom ones are friggin amazing. im pretty sure adam actually drew that crazy shit on em

Swens6
05-17-2010, 01:10 PM
those are what i was trying to explain to you earlier. waaaaaaay better than the generic mr x poster. i just didnt want to hurt your feelings if you were really sold on that.

those are what im hoping for this tour

I had seen that monkey one before but didn't know if it was legit or not.

The MR X poster looks great framed, but its not as artsy as those are. Like I said, I will def be picking up those two and then hopefully two more for this tour. Ill make a wall in my house a TOOL shrine

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 01:31 PM
did you see that one i got on the previous page from last year in ATL? that thing is fuckin sweet when you see it in real life. (looks really cool 'thru the lookin glass'!! Like i said you better get to the merch booth quick to scoop up one of the originals, and sweet talk ever who is working the booth to give you a holder for it if you dont want it crushed.

Swens6
05-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I was supposed to be at that show too......

Fuck, I hope they have them for this tour and I can get my hands on one.

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 02:54 PM
yea im hoping they will have some.

Evil Once
05-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Hey, all you guys sitting in Section O... That's where I'm sitting and I'll also be alone. Could only get one ticket when I needed 6 or so. Kinda lame. Friends are pissed. But... I got my ticket lol!

So, yeah, I'd like to meet up with some of you guys from here since we'll be in the same section. I'm from Lafayette, about 3 hours out of NOLA...

Does anyone know why tickets to this show are more expensive than every other date??

nusense
05-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Weird, just looked at other shows and realized NO is pretty much $20 more than everywhere else. Why is that?

Evil Once
05-18-2010, 07:53 AM
I've been wondering the same thing as my last post reflected.

tooldude
05-18-2010, 08:16 AM
the $73.70 ticket price has the TM fees already added in

Swens6
05-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Weird, just looked at other shows and realized NO is pretty much $20 more than everywhere else. Why is that?

I thought it was right about the same price as others?

There was only one price for all of the Lakefront Arena where as there were two pricing levels in Houston.

I paid 135 for a pair of uppers in Houston and 150 for a pair of lowers in NO.

Frikinelmo
05-18-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm guessing it has something to do with Beaver Productions and the 1 week delay in selling the tickets.

Evil Once
05-18-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm not complaining, I was expecting the ticket prices to be this much.

My idiot friends would rather spend $80 bucks on loratabs then bitch and moan about how expensive these tickets are. Fuckin' morons. Totally gonna rag them about it. I hope Tool tries out new songs and plays some covers... 'No Quarter' would be great to see.

Swens6
05-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Tries out new songs? Do they have any new material yet? What is the latest rumor on that?

I had heard back int he fall that Danny, Justin, and Adam were working on the tracks and laying them down and Maynard was going to come back in the spring and write/lay down vocals. Most recently I have heard that they were going to start the process in the spring with a album release in late 2010/early 2011?

Either way, I never expected we would see them on tour again without a new album....

TheDude420
05-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm guessing it has something to do with Beaver Productions and the 1 week delay in selling the tickets.

i heard the extra ticket price is for a guest performer that will be there

Swens6
05-20-2010, 05:36 PM
i heard the extra ticket price is for a guest performer that will be there

Are you bullshitting or is that the truth?

btw, who is the opening act for this tour? They usually get a pretty odd/shitty group to open for them.

nusense
05-21-2010, 05:29 AM
I heard Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will be there.

jwb
05-21-2010, 05:58 AM
I heard Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will be there.... playing a new extended version of No Quarter.

Swens6
05-21-2010, 06:59 AM
I heard Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will be there.

Thats some funny shit

nusense
05-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Honestly, man, don't expect much. That way you're happy with whatever comes out. With anything, be it movies, girlfriends, family, gambling, concerts... expectations rarely serve you well.

I'm guessing it'll be another "ordinary" opening band. By that I only mean they're not going to surprise us with a King Crimson level "special" opening band. However, whether I like them or not, I've never ever seen a Tool opener that was less than interesting. And personally, I'd rather get "educated" or expand my horizons than have a Tool sound-alike or whatever.

Honestly, Trans Am is the only opener I've seen that really didn't do much for me on any level. I would've killed to have seen The Melvins play with Tool (ditto that Fantomas or King Crimson or TU, and on and on). Was lucky to have seen ISIS with them twice, which was amazing.

And while I don't exactly pop in their discs every day, Melt Banana was a very eye opening experience that definitely expanded some horizons for me as a guitarist/synth enthusiast/musician. And they were just fun.

I dug Tweak Bird as well.

I'm always surprised (well, not really, more like disappointed) with the crude reaction the majority seem to give the openers. There is a discernible distinction between "I really didn't like that band" and "they fucking SUCK."

Oh, and re: the ticket price thing... it was because for whatever reason, that show had all of ticketmaster's fees embedded in the price. They weren't added after the fact like most shows.

Swens6
05-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Honestly, man, don't expect much. That way you're happy with whatever comes out. With anything, be it movies, girlfriends, family, gambling, concerts... expectations rarely serve you well..

I wasn't expecting anything besides what Tool normally has for an opening act. I was just curious if there was any truth to what 420 had stated.

And about the ticket prices being more, I commented on that earlier. They really weren't more, it's just that there was only one pricing level for the NO show unlike the other shows.

I paid 135 for a pair of uppers in Houston and 150 for a pair of lowers in NO. At almost any concert, you will pay about $10 more a ticket for lower level as opposed to upper. So the pricing was on par with the other shows, its just that there weren't two options.

TheDude420
05-21-2010, 11:05 AM
i was just bullshitting, having a little fun....simma dow now

Swens6
05-21-2010, 11:40 AM
simma dow now

Summer, Donna

btw, if anyone comes across a 2009 San Antonio poster that is for sale, please let me know..... Ive been scouring the net looking for one since I saw the ones framed and matted earlier in this thread.

ddaddy
05-23-2010, 08:45 AM
damn i shouldve found this place a lot sooner... look forward to seeing you all in nola... ive lived in louisiana my whole life and this will be my first trip to new orleans.... sad i know.. congrats to everyone else here that was able to snag tickets... they went fast.... still kinda aggravated that i couldn't get closer seats... its all good though :-)

nusense
05-23-2010, 08:57 AM
still kinda aggravated that i couldn't get closer seats... its all good though :-)

Don't be too down. As far as arenas go, this one is SMALL. Even the very top row isn't that bad of a seat. Soundwise might be another thing there, but visually you should be fine.

TheDude420
05-23-2010, 11:07 AM
you will be fine. ive never been to this particular venue, but it IS designed for performing arts and the like, s the sound should be a non issue. then again ive never been so it may suck ass, but i doubt it.

lets start this up, who is coming down for the show and will be able to party later that night? I saw someone had to leave at like 5 am.

Swens6
05-23-2010, 11:20 AM
you will be fine. ive never been to this particular venue, but it IS designed for performing arts and the like, s the sound should be a non issue. then again ive never been so it may suck ass, but i doubt it..

It's sad that I lived 20 min away from the Lakefront arena for 20 years and never attended a show there. I may be wrong but I don't believe the Lakefront Arena was ever for performing arts.

Its actually UNO's place for basketball and other indoor sports. It is old but may have been re-done after Katrina because of all the flooding on the lakefront, not 100% sure though.

I know tons of acts go through there but have always heard that its acoustics are shitty. Metallica and Godsmack toured through there a few years back. It doesn't get the amount of shows it used to now that the New Orleans Arena is downtown. That place is great for a show!

TheDude420
05-23-2010, 12:09 PM
It's sad that I lived 20 min away from the Lakefront arena for 20 years and never attended a show there. I may be wrong but I don't believe the Lakefront Arena was ever for performing arts.

Its actually UNO's place for basketball and other indoor sports. It is old but may have been re-done after Katrina because of all the flooding on the lakefront, not 100% sure though.

I know tons of acts go through there but have always heard that its acoustics are shitty. Metallica and Godsmack toured through there a few years back. It doesn't get the amount of shows it used to now that the New Orleans Arena is downtown. That place is great for a show!

yea i was just soeculating actually, i just figured since it was for UNO it may have been used as a concert hall in its existence. im prolly worng. NO arena is cool, saw tool there in 07.

either way, its gone be fun. first show of tour, IN FUCKIN NEW ORLEANS....case closed.

Swens6
05-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Yup, hoping we get a good show.... Im really hoping they throw in some other stuff than what they played last summer. Heck, if they want to stick to the 10k days material, at least throw in The Pot and Right in Two

btw, did you see what I said about that San Antonio poster? If you happen to see one for sale, let me know. And any word if they will have the show posters this time?

Frikinelmo
05-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Don't be too down. As far as arenas go, this one is SMALL. Even the very top row isn't that bad of a seat. Soundwise might be another thing there, but visually you should be fine.

If you click "original " above the image, you will get a nice view of the arena. Pretty damn small.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cwillgo/4240000590/sizes/l/

TheDude420
05-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Yup, hoping we get a good show.... Im really hoping they throw in some other stuff than what they played last summer. Heck, if they want to stick to the 10k days material, at least throw in The Pot and Right in Two

btw, did you see what I said about that San Antonio poster? If you happen to see one for sale, let me know. And any word if they will have the show posters this time?

i hope i never hear vicarious again in my life, hate that song with a passion. it sounds like a poorly constructed cover band of tool trying to make an original. anything else from that cd will be ok, but honestly i hope they only do a coupld 10k days songs. i like rosetta and right in two, and jambi is ok. wings is nice, but the 20 minutes that song takes could be better filled with other stuff. saw right in two once, love to see the pot. who cares.

poster?: check lonestarposters.com or you can search on printmafia (company who made the posters for the 06-07 run). if either of those dont have what you want, you may be S.O.L. unless you happen upon one on ebay or something. but for sure check those sites. hell you might find other posters from shows you went to that you want.

Swens6
05-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, looked at those two places both have the NO print I am about to buy but neither have the San Antonio print from last summer.... Fuck!!!

tooldude
05-23-2010, 02:36 PM
i hope i never hear vicarious again in my life, hate that song with a passion. it sounds like a poorly constructed cover band of tool trying to make an original. anything else from that cd will be ok, but honestly i hope they only do a coupld 10k days songs. i like rosetta and right in two, and jambi is ok. wings is nice, but the 20 minutes that song takes could be better filled with other stuff. saw right in two once, love to see the pot. who cares.

you wont have to worry about hearing wings again...

TheDude420
05-23-2010, 02:45 PM
really? why is that?

SadSummerSea
05-23-2010, 02:55 PM
maynard said he wouldnt "make that mistake again". it was fucking unreal to hear live, though. i saw it at an outdoor venue in toronto and as soon as they started Part Two a huge thunderstorm blew in over head. The rain on my neck was basically the only thing keeping me upright. Ah the days of Tool concerts on mdma.

TheDude420
05-23-2010, 03:13 PM
wouldnt "make that mistake again"? what mistake? singing about such subject matter?

SadSummerSea
05-23-2010, 03:22 PM
i guess it took a lot out of him to sing it live, and in some circumstances it wasnt well received. people trying to mosh instead of fucking listening, yelling etc. i know at one show i saw they play it - he specifically asked for no flash photography while the song was building, and like hundreds of flashes went off at that moment. i was surprized he didnt walk off stage. there is a video on youtube of some jackass coming on stage during the build of part one, and maynard just lets the band play the song and never mutters a word.. cant track it down though.

SadSummerSea
05-23-2010, 03:31 PM
from revolver special edition:

I think probably the stupidest thing I could have done on 10,000 days was put myself out there as much as I did with the tracks "Wings for Marie" and "10,000 days". I'll never make that mistake again. It just took too much out of me emotionally, mentally, and physically. Its just too difficult in what I would consider a hostile environment. Its not a very nurturing setting, a Tool concert. There's lots of people there that get it, but there's definitely a percentage who don't and its a very, very, very difficult place to try to express those kinds of feelings. So, having put yourself out there in that way with songs like "Prison Sex" and "Wings," I don't want to do that anymore. All those songs were exploited and misconstrued. People were flippant and dismissive. And techically, "Wings" is very difficult to pull off, so if any one of us is off, it falls apart and makes that thing tragic, and thats not a good song for me to have fall apart"

SadSummerSea
05-23-2010, 03:34 PM
on the other hand:

Playing "10,000 days" in concert was very challenging but infinitely rewarding. Its much more sensitive and emotional than our other songs, and it requires pacing yourself and also being very vulnerable. So, to play that in a big, massive arena with lasers going, when that one came off, you rise out of your body and actually start to see everything from the outside and be able to enjoy it because its all working and playing out so naturally. For me that was as good as its gotten in this band

ddaddy
05-23-2010, 03:38 PM
i guess it took a lot out of him to sing it live, and in some circumstances it wasnt well received. people trying to mosh instead of fucking listening, yelling etc. i know at one show i saw they play it - he specifically asked for no flash photography while the song was building, and like hundreds of flashes went off at that moment. i was surprized he didnt walk off stage. there is a video on youtube of some jackass coming on stage during the build of part one, and maynard just lets the band play the song and never mutters a word.. cant track it down though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzSyocbZpuA&feature=PlayList&p=32F7B6648CBB5AC4&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=16

SadSummerSea
05-23-2010, 03:42 PM
weird, thats definitely the video i was thinking about - but i was sure it happened earlier on in the song. either way, nice tracking. i failed.

ddaddy
05-23-2010, 03:43 PM
thanks to everyone for the uno pic link and information... i can't wait for this show! anyone in sec c?

ddaddy
05-23-2010, 03:45 PM
weird, thats definitely the video i was thinking about - but i was sure it happened earlier on in the song. either way, nice tracking. i failed.

lol no prob... im pretty sure ive seen every live tool vid on youtube and know how to get to it lol... maybe i need an intervention.

SadSummerSea
05-23-2010, 03:51 PM
its always weirded me out that videos like this have less than 100k hits, but maynard screwing up parabola has fucking 500 thousand, haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q68mEUjsL-k

TheDude420
05-23-2010, 04:00 PM
in southaven MS in 07 i saw wings for the first time and i was on the floor (seated). I believe maynard said something about no flashes and respect and such, and when the first few riffs of wings started, the WHOLE floor sat down (maybe the majority of the arena, i dont remember). And i mean everybody was super chill, respectful and reverent during the songs.

I really dig atmospheres like that where you can feel the respect the fans have for the band and the band reciprocates that as well and gives you respect. The next 2 shows on that tour i went to, no such luck. Meatheads moshing, young punks screaming, idiots flashing cameras, but...you cant win them all.

well if i dont hear it ever again i know i saw it 3 times played from the heart and thats fine.

SadSummerSea
05-23-2010, 04:01 PM
the lighter ceremonies after wings were so incredible. its very humbling to be seen from heaven.

ddaddy
05-23-2010, 04:06 PM
its always weirded me out that videos like this have less than 100k hits, but maynard screwing up parabola has fucking 500 thousand, haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q68mEUjsL-k

yeah i don't get that either... maynard was pretty pissed in that one.... people like to watch other people fail though i guess... sad but true.

ddaddy
05-24-2010, 02:46 PM
anybody know if there is gonna be a parking charge when u get to uno? i thought that was included in my ticket price last year for the nokia theater show but i was wrong... want to be prepared this time.

tapcnin
05-25-2010, 10:52 PM
i just want 1 ticket.

jwb
05-26-2010, 03:40 AM
i just want 1 ticket.

I got one extra.
Section P Row 11

ROCKMOUSE
05-26-2010, 08:24 AM
ticketmaster selling 100 tickets per person, no wonder scalpers win, the people who work @ ticketmaster should be fired

Swens6
05-26-2010, 11:18 AM
ticketmaster selling 100 tickets per person, no wonder scalpers win, the people who work @ ticketmaster should be fired

Wait, what?

So there was no limit on number of tickets that could be purchased? So basically, the reason why there was nothing on the floor after 10 seconds in was because the scalping companies came in and grabbed up hundreds at a time?

munkeytoolmaster
05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Wait, what?

So there was no limit on number of tickets that could be purchased? So basically, the reason why there was nothing on the floor after 10 seconds in was because the scalping companies came in and grabbed up hundreds at a time?

I looked at other sites like stub hub and live nation and it was either price-line or orbit z had tickets for this show. Fucking cheapest one is 98 Dollars For some nose bleeds . The scalpers definitely swooped in and sucked the good seats away so they can jack up the price. 73.00 dollars isnt bad. But this shit is ridiculous.

Swens6
05-27-2010, 06:16 AM
I looked at other sites like stub hub and live nation and it was either price-line or orbit z had tickets for this show. Fucking cheapest one is 98 Dollars For some nose bleeds . The scalpers definitely swooped in and sucked the good seats away so they can jack up the price. 73.00 dollars isnt bad. But this shit is ridiculous.

Yeah, its ridiculous.... If you look on Ebay the scalpers are out in full force. It seems like there are 2-3 companies that got their hands on the tickets and are ass raping the fans.

Every other show I have ever bought tickets to there was a limit of 6 or 8 per credit card so I don't know what the hell went down this time.

AlterEgo
05-27-2010, 05:51 PM
I remember noticing that ticket master page did say a 8 seat minimum... maybe 10, but not over that.

AlterEgo
05-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Important Question:
Is it hard to smoke pot in there?

TheDude420
05-28-2010, 01:22 PM
if you have to ask that question....sorry, but yes

wes
05-29-2010, 05:56 AM
alter ego what a dumb question. is it hard to smoke pot in there ? just tell the whole world you are a head lol.

tooldude
05-29-2010, 08:50 AM
yeah, its hard to smoke pot at any venue. unless its an outdoor amphitheater type thing and youre sitting out in the lawn, then its pretty easy...............or so my friends have told me

SadSummerSea
05-29-2010, 09:07 AM
I think it's just a matter of being aware of your surroundings. Watch the guards around you for their habits. A lot of them are too lazy to keep a constant eye.

ddaddy
05-29-2010, 05:13 PM
it'll be incredible sober or high im sure. but good luck to you :-)

Choice Breath
06-01-2010, 10:06 AM
anybody know if there is gonna be a parking charge when u get to uno? i thought that was included in my ticket price last year for the nokia theater show but i was wrong... want to be prepared this time.

I have never had to pay to park at UNO for a show, but haven't been to a show there since Tool played with the Melvins.

I am wondering why Tool would start a tour in New Orleans? I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, but it seems odd.

Swens6
06-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I have never had to pay to park at UNO for a show, but haven't been to a show there since Tool played with the Melvins.

I am wondering why Tool would start a tour in New Orleans? I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, but it seems odd.

I am excited as hell to see them just a year since I last saw them, but I wish it would have been at the New Orleans Arena and would have been a little further into the tour. Hoping they don't have that much dust on them.

sixpastsix
06-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know roughly how much cab fare from the Airport to UNO Center is? Flying in day of show, just trying to see if it would be cheaper to rent a car for the day...Thanks

Swens6
06-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I have no clue how much a cab would be.... The Lakefront arena is pretty much a straight shot down Veterans from the airport. I cant imagine it would be that much, but I don't know how easy it would be to get a cab ride from the arena to your hotel or back to the airport.

UNO isn't in the most convenient and frequented area of NO

sixpastsix
06-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I have no clue how much a cab would be.... The Lakefront arena is pretty much a straight shot down Veterans from the airport. I cant imagine it would be that much, but I don't know how easy it would be to get a cab ride from the arena to your hotel or back to the airport.

UNO isn't in the most convenient and frequented area of NO

Thanks for the info. Might have to rent the car. I don't have a hotel, I leave at 7am to go back to Florida. So I think that might be my best option. Any places near venue that are worth hitting up after the show?

Swens6
06-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info. Might have to rent the car. I don't have a hotel, I leave at 7am to go back to Florida. So I think that might be my best option. Any places near venue that are worth hitting up after the show?

If you can get a car for 30 bucks, I would prob do that....

As far as places near the venue, zero! Earlier in the thread I talked about that. You aren't that far from the Quarter, maybe 4-5 miles, if that, but you have to go through some sketchy parts to get there.

Hell, there are a bunch of people on here that are going to the quarter after. Id suggest meeting up with them. You can leave the quarter at 5 am and go straight to the airport to fly out.

Anti-Trumpet
06-06-2010, 04:25 AM
I'd love nothing more than for them to play Ænema, given it's NOLA, but something tells me such a controversial sense of humor is a thing of the past for these boys. Flood is even more appropriate, but those lyrics are a little too cruelly perfect for even my tastes, with the looting and all...

Oh, plus silly me forgot that they'll play the exact same setlist regardless of where they are. : )

Swens6
06-06-2010, 05:06 AM
[QUOTE=Anti-Trumpet;2913220]I'd love nothing more than for them to play Ænema, given it's NOLA, but something tells me such a controversial sense of humor is a thing of the past for these boys. Flood is even more appropriate, but those lyrics are a little too cruelly perfect for even my tastes, with the looting and all.../QUOTE]

They played Flood in 07' at the NO Arena

TheDude420
06-06-2010, 05:26 AM
I'd love nothing more than for them to play Ænema, given it's NOLA, but something tells me such a controversial sense of humor is a thing of the past for these boys. Flood is even more appropriate, but those lyrics are a little too cruelly perfect for even my tastes, with the looting and all...

Oh, plus silly me forgot that they'll play the exact same setlist regardless of where they are. : )

looting?!?!? what the hell are you talking about?

zombie
06-06-2010, 10:04 AM
What is Katrina, Alex ?

TheDude420
06-06-2010, 10:40 AM
that was 5 years ago

Anti-Trumpet
06-07-2010, 02:02 AM
that was 5 years ago

Oh, good point. It's past the statute of limitations for things which irrevocably alter the fabric of society. I mean, the city's pretty much back to normal and everyone's forgotten about it anyways. Five years is such a long time. Just look at the hundreds of other crippling disasters our country has seen since then, with so many cities at a little over half of their previous populations, thousands killed in periods of days and entire neighborhoods destroyed. The apocalyptic nature of our everyday lives makes that one old storm almost silly to mention huh? That massive surge barrier they're building is just for fun and we now know that New Orleans definitely won't experience anything like that again. Plus, the lyrics to flood just don't fit something like Katrina and its aftermath do they?

Anti-Trumpet
06-07-2010, 02:04 AM
They played Flood in 07' at the NO Arena

Crazy.

TheDude420
06-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Oh, good point. It's past the statute of limitations for things which irrevocably alter the fabric of society. I mean, the city's pretty much back to normal and everyone's forgotten about it anyways. Five years is such a long time. Just look at the hundreds of other crippling disasters our country has seen since then, with so many cities at a little over half of their previous populations, thousands killed in periods of days and entire neighborhoods destroyed. The apocalyptic nature of our everyday lives makes that one old storm almost silly to mention huh? That massive surge barrier they're building is just for fun and we now know that New Orleans definitely won't experience anything like that again. Plus, the lyrics to flood just don't fit something like Katrina and its aftermath do they?

Donnie, you are out of your element!!

I was going to type a big statement about how you obviously get your new orleans info from tv or other mass media, or about how the thousands that were displaced have moved on to other cities where, inexplicably, the crime rate has soared since their arrival, or even how new orleans has gotten stronger despite not being "back to normal", but im not going to. Im going to say that i personally have been to nawlins about 30 times since katrina, (for you see i live about a hour away in south mississippi which was also devastated by katrina, but because of reasons that i will not discuss, was largely looked over in all the liberal media bleeding heart fiddle playing bullshit) and i can attest to it being a much better place after the storm than before.

So basically, i think your pseudo-intellectual babble holds zero water and you still have no idea what you are talking about.

ps: the lyrics to flood have nothing to do with water

CarolAtHR
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I've browsed this forum for a while and decided to register just so I can post in this thread. Me and a buddy are driving to New Orleans from Atlanta for this show and we're looking to party with some people after the show. I know when the show is over we're still going to be amped up and looking for something to do. Shall we all hit up a bar afterwards?

TheDude420
06-07-2010, 01:45 PM
yea man for sure. i know of a few places that will have bands after the show. we need to exchange numbers so we can meet up man

bringonthealien
06-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Any one interested in a single ticket located in the Q - Section for the New Orleans Show ?

Anti-Trumpet
06-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Donnie, you are out of your element!!

I was going to type a big statement about how you obviously get your new orleans info from tv or other mass media, or about how the thousands that were displaced have moved on to other cities where, inexplicably, the crime rate has soared since their arrival, or even how new orleans has gotten stronger despite not being "back to normal", but im not going to. Im going to say that i personally have been to nawlins about 30 times since katrina, (for you see i live about a hour away in south mississippi which was also devastated by katrina, but because of reasons that i will not discuss, was largely looked over in all the liberal media bleeding heart fiddle playing bullshit) and i can attest to it being a much better place after the storm than before.

So basically, i think your pseudo-intellectual babble holds zero water and you still have no idea what you are talking about.

ps: the lyrics to flood have nothing to do with water

Look man you asked 'what the hell' I was talking about, when you could've just said 'what do you mean', which was just fucking stupidly pointless, and then tried to act like what happened isn't still extremely relevant because a mere 5 years have passed. Everything I said in response, though sarcastic, was relevant, and you haven’t discredited a single bit of it. As for your latest display of mental prowess:

Calling my response pseudo-intellectual is a non-argument and typically what is said when one has no better response, which I guess you don't. My post isn't anywhere near even trying to be intellectual. Do you know what that word means? Were my commonplace words too big for your tastes?

Your comments about crime and the liberal media, the first of which has some merit, are mostly irrelevant, regardless of whether or not they are true. Yes crime follows poverty, as one would expect. That doesn't make it a good thing that so many poor people, the vast majority of which were good, were displaced.

And by the way, you'd better hope for a liberal media with 420 in your name. How many Fox News anchors would sympathize with your habit? (It's not liberal though. It is where it needs to be to make the most money - right in the middle, just like the politicians, with some aiming for the cash from each end of the spectrum. Liberals see it as conservative and conservatives as liberal.) But anyways... I'm not talking about outsiders' perception of New Orleans through the media. Though I haven't visited New Orleans like thirty times since Katrina, I do live here, every day, so I think I have some idea of what happened and how important it is to those still remaining. If you think it's no big deal, then you visit only rich areas and otherwise keep your head up your ass. In addition to all of the lives lost and neighborhoods razed, many cultural icons were destroyed. The various art and music scenes, though slowly returning, are nowhere near what they were before. Yeah the quarter is doing alright because of tourists, but if you think that's what nola was about, well then I don't even need to argue with you.

Anyways, say whatever pointless sass comes to mind in your reflex to prove to yourself that you're not a dumbass, but I'm not coming back to read it. I've been reminded of why I only come here to trade concert tickets - because along with the intelligent, peaceful fans I love, Tool attracts an amazing amount of idiots.

ps (and yes of course they're metaphorical):

I will take what is mine, hold what is mine
Suffocate what is mine, bury what's mine
Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine
I must leave it behind
And climb to a new place
Water's risin' up on me
Said the water's risin' up on me
Thought the son would come deliver me
But the truth has come to punish me instead

Die

The ground breaks down right under me
Cleanse and purge me in the water

TheDude420
06-09-2010, 03:34 AM
ok man, you win. I was out of line and wrong. I was just saying that looting was not still a rampant issue as it was right after the storm. Did your place get messed up in katrina (not a smartass remark, a serious question)?

You coming to the show? if so i will buy you a beer and apologize. Because contrary to what it may appear, i do not fancy myself a idiot and/or a general asshole like some that are known to frequent this board.

anyway, we got about a week and a half before the show yall!!! This is shaping up to be quite the little tour huh. LA dates, a vegas show, no apparent festival shows... all in all its looking good.

Swens6
06-09-2010, 04:54 AM
10 days away..... Its getting close

I'm ready for 2 consecutive Tool concerts but am a little depressed that it will all be over in 12 days.

sixpastsix
06-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Inching closer.... I'm in Section D, row 8. Not familiar with the area or any of you folks, but maybe our paths will cross. Are you any of you meeting before the show?

AlterEgo
06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I was looking at the seating chart. I am in 10th row section C :D.

I noticed there are two section C's. One is a short wide section, and then it breaks into 3 columns, section C being in the middle.

Is the wide section the floor? Or is it like a few rows of seats?

kanaduh
06-11-2010, 02:01 AM
question to the NOLA locals: where are good places to get seafood? I'm assuming everywhere? Is this oil spill debacle having an influence on it?

TheDude420
06-11-2010, 04:00 AM
new orleans bourbon house on bourbon is real good, kinda pricey, but good. Get the BBQ shrimps.

anywhere on magazine st is good to eat. Jacques-Imo's Cafe is real good.

the oil spill is fucking it up, at least as far as oysters go. i saw that one company that shucks em for a bunch of restaurants in the city (P&J oyster co.) had to shut down indefinitely yesterday..so sad.

dont go to redfish grill. or bubba gumps,

if you see a line anywhere, its good.

felix's and acme oyster house are both good oyster bars, they are right by the bourbon house, but they may be hit or miss right now. Usually Acme has a line and with good reason. they have real good food, although i like the atmosphere in felix's better, acme usually has em beat on anything other than oysters. try the chargrilled oysters at acme if they got em!

coops place on decatur is good. TONY MORAN'S on bienville i think, its on a corner st of bourbon, was AMAZING the one time i went. Outstanding italian, i had the carbonara pasta.

zombie
06-11-2010, 09:41 AM
are you saying I'm right? also, has anyone been mailed their tix? I am still waiting on TM. My seats are 4th row in section F.....

jwb
06-11-2010, 01:30 PM
are you saying I'm right? also, has anyone been mailed their tix? I am still waiting on TM. My seats are 4th row in section F.....

I got mine.
But that's just me.

TheDude420
06-11-2010, 01:58 PM
just got my hotel for a cool $50 spot!! bout 4 or 5 blocks from yall JWB.

sixpastsix
06-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Interesting article.... http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/112763

ddaddy
06-11-2010, 07:40 PM

got mine... but i paid for the three day shipping so ive had them for a while now.

SadSummerSea
06-12-2010, 06:38 AM
I got mine last week in Toronto. Also got an email the day they were printed. Where are you guys staying? I'm eyeing the marriot..

TheDude420
06-12-2010, 07:02 AM
i got the parc. st. charles for like $50. never stayed there but dont spend too much money on the hotel. the ambassador is good and its close to where im staying kinda and real close to JWB and them.

hotel chateau dupree is good

TheDude420
06-12-2010, 07:21 AM
im looking on hotels.com right now and i see the Ambassador for 89. thats a good deal. its right by harrahs, its an older hotel, but very well kept, nice people work there, they have a bar in the lobby thats got some good drinks and fine beer and pretty good food too.

parc. st charles - where im staying - for 79. never stayed there, but its only like 5 blocks from canal st and maybe 3 from magazine st, so says the map.

the st. james is apparently on magazine st, a very cool place, and its cheap. $76

the royal st charles is a good place. ive stayed there but dont remember anything about it except there was a good place to eat right by it.

these are all suggestions based on my opinion. Ive spent $200 a night on a hotel before and was woke up at like 6 in the a.m. by dudes talking loud outside my window washing the damn windows. that pissed me off and was a absolute chance happening, but all i wanted to do was lay there naked with my girl and get some morning ass...but alas she wasnt down because we had an audience. That aside, it depends on how long you are staying and how much time you intend on spending in your room. Im only staying the one night and IF i get back to my hotel i doubt i will be there long and prolly just to crash for a couple hours and hopefully get some pussy. But if you want to stay in the lap of luxury, go for it, its just not my cup of tea.

Now you can certainly spring for the more expensive, nicer places, but i prefer the cheaper ones that are older, have a historic feel and are rustic and cozy.

let me know what you choose so we can all meet up man

SadSummerSea
06-16-2010, 04:21 AM
I got a place on magazine st but it's 145 a night. We're high rolling this trip!

Swens6
06-16-2010, 04:54 AM
3 days fellas..... I'm fucking stoked. It's gonna be awesome to see them Saturday night and Sunday night.

CarolAtHR
06-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Still no word on who's opening?

nusense
06-16-2010, 06:00 AM
The Parc St. Charles is nice for the price. I've always had good times there.

Word of advice: before you shell out for the valet, check that park next door and surrounding areas for parking spots. They're free on the weekend. ;)

Also, there WAS this amazing Thai place in the lobby, but last time I stayed there it was closed. Not sure if it's reopened or not.

zombie
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
we are staying @ the Sheraton on Canal st. for $55 a night (fri-sun) thanks to priceline. Its like 1.5 blocks from the casino!!!!!!

Swens6
06-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Still no word on who's opening?

No clue....

I'm still wondering if they will be doing the limited prints for the shows this summer. I need to know how early to get there.

I could care less about the opening bands for Tool, in my opinion, every one of them has sucked at the shows I have been to.

Swens6
06-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Ok, apparently the opening band is Wovenhand???

nusense
06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
I could care less about the opening bands for Tool, in my opinion, every one of them has sucked at the shows I have been to.

Which ones have you seen?

Also, at least reassure us you're not one of the fucktwits that actually boos the opening bands, right?

CarolAtHR
06-16-2010, 01:56 PM
No clue....

I'm still wondering if they will be doing the limited prints for the shows this summer. I need to know how early to get there.

I know Isis has opened for Tool and they're pretty good. Waaaaay better than Tweak Bird.

SadSummerSea
06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Um.... Meshuggah!

Swens6
06-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Which ones have you seen?

Also, at least reassure us you're not one of the fucktwits that actually boos the opening bands, right?

No, I never boo them... In fact, most of the time I get there for the last 10-15 min of their set...

Ive seen Trans am and tweak bird.... Don't remember who opened for them the other time.

CCP
06-17-2010, 12:44 AM
One word for you guys.... Patient

CCP
06-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Melvins opened second time i saw tool, was ok

CCP
06-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Oh yeah, and if they don't play "The patient" at this concert I will be seriously shocked. Tool are too predictable.

CCP
06-17-2010, 12:51 AM
No clue....

You "could care less"? which means you do care?. I think you mean you "couldn't care less".... which would mean, well, you don't care.

caveat
06-17-2010, 06:38 AM
tool opening bands ive seen:

tomahawk:sucked
Isis:rawks
Tu:shocking
Kinski:Rawks
Tweakbird: could use another band member

umm, I think that's it. I think I'm missing a few.

nusense
06-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Trans Am was the only one that literally did nothing for me. I was pretty bored/disinterested.

Every other one I've seen was very interesting at worst. And that's fine for me. Seeing them with bands like ISIS or The Melvins is just awesome icing on the best cake I've ever had.

zombie
06-17-2010, 08:40 AM
melt banana was cool

Meshuggah was the best opener I've ever seen. Followed by Triad with Thomas Haake.

We are about to start driving to New Orleans from Atlanta. We're staying all weekend, any advice?

This show is gonna rule.

p.s. go lakers, I bet the band is still is LA for game 7. I would be if I was that loaded.

zeik
06-17-2010, 08:48 AM
thanks to everyone for the uno pic link and information... i can't wait for this show! anyone in sec c?

no but ill be in B. anyway i got this email today from the uno lakefront arena saying how the whole venue is nonsmoking and shit. not even outside! wtf this is intolerable.

nusense
06-17-2010, 11:25 AM
no but ill be in B. anyway i got this email today from the uno lakefront arena saying how the whole venue is nonsmoking and shit. not even outside! wtf this is intolerable.

Eh.. I wouldn't worry too much. I mean, technically they're ALL non-smoking.

You don't need to worry until you see the security being extra vigilant in booting people/tracking down smokers.

zeik
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Eh.. I wouldn't worry too much. I mean, technically they're ALL non-smoking.

You don't need to worry until you see the security being extra vigilant in booting people/tracking down smokers.

yes i see. its just that rules make me extra cranky and i like to complain

CarolAtHR
06-17-2010, 12:30 PM
melt banana was cool

Meshuggah was the best opener I've ever seen. Followed by Triad with Thomas Haake.

We are about to start driving to New Orleans from Atlanta. We're staying all weekend, any advice?

This show is gonna rule.

p.s. go lakers, I bet the band is still is LA for game 7. I would be if I was that loaded.

Another person making the drive from Atlanta, nice!

insaner
06-17-2010, 02:47 PM
im leaving from alabama tomorrow and have no ticket. wish me luck!

SadSummerSea
06-17-2010, 02:57 PM
dude, theres two people in the hook up thread who claimed to have tickets for sale. they havent updated in a while, but they could still be avail? either way, godspeed.

sixpastsix
06-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Just booked a Room @ the Ambassador.

influenced
06-17-2010, 06:55 PM
THinking about driving down for the weekend from chicago- Got to find tickets first.

moskeyombus
06-18-2010, 08:18 AM
More tickets on Ticketmaster RIGHT NOW

ddaddy
06-18-2010, 03:27 PM
More tickets on Ticketmaster RIGHT NOW

when did you check? i just checked and nothing came up... i mean i have tickets and all... i was just gonna be pissed if they were better than the ones i got the moment they went on sale lol

sixpastsix
06-18-2010, 03:48 PM
The tickets that were on there earlier are probably the worst available. Section M. It even states "YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THE SCREENS ON STAGE.

Section is located just a bit behind level view of the stage.