PDA

View Full Version : 07.07.2010 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

SadSummerSea
05-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Feel free to discuss your brooding excitement. A new thread will be opened (post performance) for reviews ONLY.

robertthunder
05-04-2010, 03:35 PM
As much as I would rather a Calgary show; see you all at Deadmonton! Welcome back to Alberta guys.

kanaduh
05-04-2010, 07:24 PM
This will be my first time in Edmonton.

I've only heard negative things about this city.... so somebody care to enlighten me as to what I can look forward to? Besides Taylor Hall?

robertthunder
05-04-2010, 08:08 PM
A boring ass time!! Tool is the only reason to go to Deadmonton. Thats if you can find Rexall because the road system is the worst in the world!! I hate the shitty attitude Deadmontonians have towards everything, I hate the Oilers, I hate there wannabe British road system which is major crappy, I hate there lack of good eats, I hate the only reason ppl like the place is because they have a mediocare big mall.

kanaduh
05-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Oh yeah! That massive mall.

Now this officially becomes the BEST SUMMER EVER.

headstoner
05-05-2010, 06:30 AM
lots of shit to do here in town. arena is very easy to find. i dont have a shitty attitude most days. Tool chose edmonton over calgary so theres gotta be something to that...

robertthunder
05-05-2010, 07:07 AM
It has to do with the shitty setup of the Saddledome. Read the general tour comments page I kind of go into it there.

robertthunder
05-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I would like to trade 2 section 102 row 8 seats for the Edmonton show for floor. Anybody interested??

WookieeBlaylock
05-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a fair trade. I'll keep you in mind in case I end up going to that show. I don't have a floor ticket, but I may know somebody who does....

Used to live in Edmonton, and it's not a bad town. In fact, I often miss it there. Having lived all over western Canada, I do feel that there is (to totally generalize of course) a somewhat crappier attitude there though. Concert crowds suck. Case and point: Saw Les Claypool last summer 20 feet from Les' mics both in Edmonton, and in Calgary the very next night, and Calgary was very chill. I could actually LISTEN to the music there. In Edmonton people were fucking moshing and just generally being belligerent drunken douches... during xylophone and vibraphone solos no less. Venues, save for maybe the Starlite and Windspear, suck more so there too, but I digress.

Glad the dudes are coming out this way. I'm going from Calgary to Vancouver to see 'em this time 'round.

tool-n-die
06-23-2010, 01:20 PM
anyone know who is opening for this show?

tool-n-die
06-23-2010, 01:21 PM
is wovenhand still opening for this one?

robertthunder
06-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Dalek is opening!!!

tool-n-die
06-23-2010, 02:18 PM
whoa!....never heard of them....checked out their myspace page, that is some bizarre hip hop.... anyone seen them live?
could be interesting.

tool-n-die
06-23-2010, 02:26 PM
like a goth metal project with a rapper

inner_circle
06-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Really excited about this show ~ flying from labrador to witness ~ the set list the band is playing this tour sounds incredible~ hopefully will meet some of you fine people at the show ~ smoke-a bunch a ~~~~~~~~

BadSector
07-07-2010, 10:55 AM
8 hours!!

thinlizzy
07-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Went downtown on Tuesday to see if any of the members where around on the day off. I found the hotel as there were a bunch of the tour buses there. I saw Justin walking around. Just when I was about to take off low and behold I saw Maynard walking with his girlfriend /wife going back to the hotel. As he walked across the street towards me I politely asked if he would sign and autograph. At this time his pint sized bodyguard makes a bee line to me to basically get in the way between Maynard and myself. Maynard cut across and away and mumbled something and basically kept walking...... real class man. I was the only one there so there was no excuse for him to at least be civil period.

This is the 3rd time I have met him and he has been a dick every time. I have read his BS about how he has changed and is a new man, not the brooding loner he USED to be. What a crock of garbage. I went to the Perfect Circle show the last time they came to the city and after the show Maynard was walking to his bus. Same situation and at that time he ignored everyone that asked him and kept walking. In Vancouver for Perfect Circles first cd tour my buddy had some Tool cds for him to sign. Mayard gave him the gears that he didn't have the Perfect Circle cd at the hotel when they were leaving for the venue. I had the best seats section 136 row 15 for this show and guess what I sold them. Cheers Maynard, you have just lost a fan due to your stupidity and Odipus nature. This tour isn't about the fans it is about his vinyard taking a weather hit a few months ago. Translation I need money.

the~vanishing
07-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Went downtown on Tuesday to see if any of the members where around on the day off. I found the hotel as there were a bunch of the tour buses there. I saw Justin walking around. Just when I was about to take off low and behold I saw Maynard walking with his girlfriend /wife going back to the hotel. As he walked across the street towards me I politely asked if he would sign and autograph. At this time his pint sized bodyguard makes a bee line to me to basically get in the way between Maynard and myself. Maynard cut across and away and mumbled something and basically kept walking...... real class man. I was the only one there so there was no excuse for him to at least be civil period.

This is the 3rd time I have met him and he has been a dick every time. I have read his BS about how he has changed and is a new man, not the brooding loner he USED to be. What a crock of garbage. I went to the Perfect Circle show the last time they came to the city and after the show Maynard was walking to his bus. Same situation and at that time he ignored everyone that asked him and kept walking. In Vancouver for Perfect Circles first cd tour my buddy had some Tool cds for him to sign. Mayard gave him the gears that he didn't have the Perfect Circle cd at the hotel when they were leaving for the venue. I had the best seats section 136 row 15 for this show and guess what I sold them. Cheers Maynard, you have just lost a fan due to your stupidity and Odipus nature. This tour isn't about the fans it is about his vinyard taking a weather hit a few months ago. Translation I need money.

so you stalk the man on 3 different occasions, and then feel compelled to call him a dick. uh, who's the real class act...?

thinlizzy
07-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Who wouldn't want to meet the band period ? Guess your in the minority. Asking the person for an autograph and throwing out the S word shows how much class you have. Especially when the same person is running to the media claiming they have changed. The reality is he hasn't one bit. I believe the term is hypocrisy.

Not everyone can be a casual fan like you. I have met many musicians before and never had any problems as they are more then happy to acknowledge the people that buy the cds, go to the concerts etc. I support the bands I like and buy the cds. Not those people that burn it off from the internet for free and claim they are REAL fans.

If at any of the times Maynard would have treated me with civility I wouldn't have a problem period. The common theme of his attitude has not changed.

Lateralareallofus
07-09-2010, 05:54 PM
thinlizzy, take a step back and think about how crazy it is of you to judge maynard and say that he has or has not changed based on your attempts to make him sign a cd. If he doesn't want to be approached by a fan then he has the right to ignore you. Imagine how you would feel if kids ran up to you or screamed your name and asked for an autograph every day whenever you went in public.

SJC91
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I didnt know wanting your privacy nowadays makes you a dick. I mean being in the public eye takes a toll on someone...and then they want their PRIVACY!? UNHEARD OF lmao

Useful_Jerk Off
07-09-2010, 08:17 PM
its nothing to fuckin cry over

thinlizzy
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Silly me I keep forgetting about the casual fans who don't read the enitire post carefully before throwing in their 2 cents. Lets put on our rose colored glasses and hum serenity now like on Seinfeld and all will be one with MJK.

Despotic
08-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm sure it's unnecessary for me to respond to any of this, but really, why are people so hung up on Maynard? He's a voice, but just as it seems to me he is trying to convey by standing at the back of the stage, he's not the focal point for the band. Tool is SO MUCH MORE THAN MAYNARD.
Also, if you like Maynard enough to recognize him in public and ask for an autograph, how do you not expect him to dismiss you rudely. He doesn't appreciate being sought out in public when he's with his personal companions, children or love interests.
Lastly, who the hell would write off any band because the frontman comes off as a pretentious dick?
Sorry to say it here, but this was the greatest show I've ever been to. Hands Down. Thank you Edmonton for being one of the best cities in this great Country.
RobertThunder, get a life.

Despotic
08-11-2010, 01:07 PM
On to why I came by today, I missed the opportunity to purchase a gig poster for the Edmonton show. Is there anyone around who might be willing to sell one?
This tour I caught Winnipeg, Edmonton and BOTH LA shows! What a great month!
If anyone has a lead on one of these posters, please fire me a message.

Thanks!

robertthunder
09-04-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm sure it's unnecessary for me to respond to any of this, but really, why are people so hung up on Maynard? He's a voice, but just as it seems to me he is trying to convey by standing at the back of the stage, he's not the focal point for the band. Tool is SO MUCH MORE THAN MAYNARD.
Also, if you like Maynard enough to recognize him in public and ask for an autograph, how do you not expect him to dismiss you rudely. He doesn't appreciate being sought out in public when he's with his personal companions, children or love interests.
Lastly, who the hell would write off any band because the frontman comes off as a pretentious dick?
Sorry to say it here, but this was the greatest show I've ever been to. Hands Down. Thank you Edmonton for being one of the best cities in this great Country.
RobertThunder, get a life.

So you sit and bitch about people bitching? Plus your entire post is about Maynard then apperently your some fucking superfan of Edmonton and I pissed you off somewhere along the lines. Well "Fuck You Buddie!" Get a life because I don't like Edmonton?? How about you get a life; sitting around bitching about bitching

WookieeBlaylock
09-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I agree with Despotic.

Roberthunder, try to get a grip. You actually 'bitched about bitching' yourself just now. It does seem rather foolish to generalize a million people by bashing the city. Sounds like you're too lazy to say, look at a map, in order to find the arena. One on hand, you're criticizing the fact that the town is known for having that big mall, yet you refer to it as being "mediocre". Surely as far as malls go, it shouldn't leave much to be desired. Personally, I could give a shit. It's a mall. You sound difficult to please.

As for Maynard, sure, he could have been super patient and polite by spending a mere moment with [thinlizzy]. Of course! And yes, it's us fans (particularly the ticket-buying ones) who have gave him the success that he has (at least in terms of wealth). However - make no mistake - we don't own his ass. Nobody was putting a gun to your head when you bought any of the records featuring the guy, or tickets to 'his' shows. He's not your monkey. He just wanted to chill and do his own this with his girl. Clearly. You should totally respect that. The unfortunate part is that you weren't able to convey to him your genuine love and admiration for what he does. I absolutely get that. So I'm sure you felt unfairly shut out, inspite of all that. It does kind of suck in a sense. But please, don't hate the guy. It's not doing him, or YOU, any good.

WookieeBlaylock
09-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I just feel that if you disagree with his avoiding you, that's it's YOUR head that's truly disappeared up your own arse. It's you that is pretentious, etc.