PDA

View Full Version : 07.12.2010 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham

SadSummerSea
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Feel free to discuss your brooding excitement. A new thread will be opened (post performance) for reviews ONLY.

merkaboy
05-05-2010, 06:52 AM
why are flights from portland so freakin expensive??

wix3l
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
The Bill Graham is an awesome venue. It is general admission for the whole venue so you can sit or stand. Its pretty small too, not like an arena. I saw them here in 07 and it was kick ass

hushypushy
05-05-2010, 11:02 AM
The Bill Graham is an awesome venue. It is general admission for the whole venue so you can sit or stand. Its pretty small too, not like an arena. I saw them here in 07 and it was kick ass

Maybe the floor is GA, upstairs definitely is not. I sat a few rows back right near the center of the upper deck, BEST SEATS EVER.

Floor/GA is a horrible way to see Tool, imo. I saw them in '06 in Oakland, had GA tickets, and the experience sucked. They project visualizations onto the stage floor, which you completely miss, and you also miss a good chunk of the back visualizations too. Plus the lasers, etc...upper deck is the way to go to see everything.

livid star
05-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Somewhat glad I passed on the Flight of the Conchords tickets. I'd rather budget with TOOL in mind!

I am 100% sure everything is going to be exactly the same from the 12/2007 show, but I'm still going. Tool knows that. And they say: Cha-Ching!!!

hushypushy
05-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Something is going to be new. It has to be. And I'm not talking about the Summer '09 "update", I hope they actually made new visualizations for new songs.

I'll be satisfied anyway, regardless of what they play. As evidenced in my previous post, I'm all about the experience rather than hearing a particular song. With that said though...the one thing I want to see more than anything else is something NEW. A new variation, a new song, hell, they can even play a shitty Dead Kennedy's song with no visualizations and I'll be happy.

cvan
05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
ToolArmy says tix go on sale Sat. the 8th but Ticketmaster says Sun. the 9th for S.F. Am I missing something? I really don't want to be a day late on this one.

I was also dead center, upper deck in '07 and those seats were the sh*t! I wouldn't do the floor for Tool. Been to 7 shows and never have. To each his own though. If that's your thing then rock on with your bad self!

See you guys in July!!!!!

hushypushy
05-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I dunno, where else are you gonna buy the tickets beside Ticketmaster? If they say Sunday I suspect it will be Sunday...

man, I really hope I get the same seats I got last year. I felt like I was in my own living room with a few thousand other people. That coulda been the LSD though.

no_name
05-06-2010, 05:17 PM
If they don't announce a show closer to the denver/phoenix area then i will go to this show. I guess i will be by the computer come saturday. Not sure about the GA vs seats. I will shoot for GA i guess.

livid star
05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Btw, is there gonna be a TA presale? If so, someone PM me the code. Thanks, or I'll murder you.

no_name
05-08-2010, 07:50 AM
no TA presale has been announced.

hushypushy
05-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Which is good, because the tickets go on sale for everyone tomorrow morning.

no_name
05-09-2010, 09:09 AM
damn, they sold out this show really quickly. I got a single GA ticket!! so psyched now. ALl i need now is an afternoon flight. I will wait to see if they announce any other shows first though. Any thoughts on more dates?

hushypushy
05-09-2010, 09:10 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOD I'M ABOUT TO FUCKING KILL SOMEONE

I refreshed at 10:00:00 and I got two tickets. It said they were GA so I was like WTF, I don't want that, I want "Loge" (whatever that means). Went back, put my info in again at 10:00:22 and bam, tickets are sold out. I've been trying for the last 10 minutes and nothin'. Gone.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN

livid star
05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
I can't fucking believe it. I missed out on getting tickets because my computer was being a whore. I want to smash the shit out of it.

Triptolemus
05-09-2010, 09:12 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOD I'M ABOUT TO FUCKING KILL SOMEONE

I refreshed at 10:00:00 and I got two tickets. It said they were GA so I was like WTF, I don't want that, I want "Loge" (whatever that means). Went back, put my info in again at 10:00:22 and bam, tickets are sold out. I've been trying for the last 10 minutes and nothin'. Gone.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Bummer man... all the tickets are GA for SF show. Sold out in 2 minutes - or maybe less.

hushypushy
05-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Bummer man... all the tickets are GA for SF show. Sold out in 2 minutes - or maybe less.

More like sold out in 30 seconds. I was too excited that I didn't even notice the one category in the drop down box.

The shittiest part is that I HAD THE CHANCE TO BUY THE TICKETS but my dumb ass went back. sigh.

livid star
05-09-2010, 09:16 AM
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!

Just snagged one at 10:15!!!

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SideEffect
05-09-2010, 09:16 AM
More like sold out in 30 seconds. I was too excited that I didn't even notice the one category in the drop down box.

The shittiest part is that I HAD THE CHANCE TO BUY THE TICKETS but my dumb ass went back. sigh.

I got 4 tickets. If one of my friends bail before the show comes around I'll give ya their ticket.

Triptolemus
05-09-2010, 09:18 AM

Sorry about your luck, bro... time to hit the legalized scalpers:

http://www.stubhub.com/tool-tickets/tool-san-francisco-bill-graham-civic-auditorium-7-12-2010-961436/

Don't know how they get away with that.

SideEffect
05-09-2010, 09:19 AM
what the fuck that's ridiculous

jdowney
05-09-2010, 09:20 AM
wow, sold out so fast, lol, serves me right for being 1 minute late.

hushypushy
05-09-2010, 09:22 AM
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!

Just snagged one at 10:15!!!

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn, lucky you. I've been trying constantly for the last 18 minutes, no luck. I guess I'll start looking for just 1 ticket now. The shitty part is, I was supposed to buy a ticket for my friend because I thought the seats were numbered (I swear the 07 was). So now both of us are fucked.

I guess it's time for me to meet some new friends on Toolnavy. If anyone wants to sell one or two tickets, I'm ready to pay.

and I think I fucked up my laptop's hard drive by punching it

hushypushy
05-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Sorry about your luck, bro... time to hit the legalized scalpers:

http://www.stubhub.com/tool-tickets/tool-san-francisco-bill-graham-civic-auditorium-7-12-2010-961436/

Don't know how they get away with that.

holy shit, those are disappearing fast too.

any difference between GA and GA floor??

Triptolemus
05-09-2010, 09:27 AM
holy shit, those are disappearing fast too.

any difference between GA and GA floor??

No... no difference.

at around $90 the tickets are only 20 bux more than you'll pay ticketbastard.

go for it... i've had positive results on stubhub for tool tickets in the past.

jdowney
05-09-2010, 09:27 AM
no difference, just have to be there early

livid star
05-09-2010, 09:28 AM
damn, lucky you. I've been trying constantly for the last 18 minutes, no luck. I guess I'll start looking for just 1 ticket now. The shitty part is, I was supposed to buy a ticket for my friend because I thought the seats were numbered (I swear the 07 was). So now both of us are fucked.

I guess it's time for me to meet some new friends on Toolnavy. If anyone wants to sell one or two tickets, I'm ready to pay.

and I think I fucked up my laptop's hard drive by punching it

Yes, you must hold faith in the fellow TA community, and even here on TN.
I scored my '07 ticked (which WAS GA as well, FYI) via a loving tool fan on toolnavy.

hushypushy
05-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Well I just spend $115 bucks from some motherfucker on there. I actually had to try four times just on Stubhub because I kept trying to buy the tickets and it said they weren't available.

Fuckin Tool, my favorite band that puts on the best live show I've seen, why do they make me go through so much hell?

this really pisses me off by the way:

In some cases, sellers cannot ship tickets immediately because the tickets are not yet in their possession.

People are making money off just being the middle man. Fuckin vultures.

Triptolemus
05-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Relax... you're going to the show, and you spent only $40 more than you would have on ticketbastard. You'll get your ticket... like I said, I've had success on stubhub in the past.

see ya in July!

SideEffect
05-09-2010, 09:40 AM
gotta admit it's still pretty fucked though Triptolemus

hushypushy
05-09-2010, 09:42 AM
You know what, if I had infinite money I wouldn't even be bitching. But the fact of the matter is that these are trying financial times and I had to use my credit card because I don't even have $115 in my bank account. The little things like shitty overdrafts and extra ticket fees (well, this is the first ticket I've bought in quite a while) drive me into the ground. Time to sell a bunch of car parts out of my garage lol.

/personal drama

At least I'm confident that the show is gonna be fuckin' sweet. Now I just have to find some LSD.

Triptolemus
05-09-2010, 09:52 AM
gotta admit it's still pretty fucked though Triptolemus

it is, yeah.

fernygii
05-09-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm going to call ticketmaster every day until july 12th

fearandloathing
05-09-2010, 10:15 AM
so i just realized im goin to be in santa cruz visiting a friend at the time of the concert. does anyone know how close/far these cities are to each other?

Triptolemus
05-09-2010, 10:21 AM
so i just realized im goin to be in santa cruz visiting a friend at the time of the concert. does anyone know how close/far these cities are to each other?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Santa+Cruz,+CA&daddr=San+Francisco,+CA&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=36.974117,-122.030796&sspn=0.202146,0.239639&g=Santa+Cruz,+CA&ie=UTF8&z=10

over an hour WITHOUT traffic. Traffic will SUCK on Monday afternoon.

SideEffect
05-09-2010, 10:28 AM

About an hour without traffic. I go back and forth to SF a lot.

hushypushy
05-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Living in San Francisco and having friends in Santa Cruz, I've driven back and forth dozens of times. It will take approximately 90 minutes. That's door to door, middle of Santa Cruz to downtown SF.

Most of the traffic goes up the peninsula in the morning and down the peninsula in the evening. So an afternoon cruise up 17-85-280 shouldn't be too bad actually.

fearandloathing
05-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Living in San Francisco and having friends in Santa Cruz, I've driven back and forth dozens of times. It will take approximately 90 minutes.

Most of the traffic goes up the peninsula in the morning and down the peninsula in the evening. So an afternoon cruise up 17-85-280 shouldn't be too bad actually.

sounds promising. now i just need some funds for tickets.

thanks maan.

the_yeti
05-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I overslept and missed the sale. WTF. Bastards at StubHub just dinged me $120...

O well, still cheaper than paying to fly to SLC last year. And this is a 7k seat theater.....

soreal
05-09-2010, 01:56 PM
got my tix!!

runfoxrun
05-09-2010, 02:56 PM
As an international Tool fan from Perth, Australia, I took a gamble in purchasing tickets. I've actually booked a plane flight over just for this show, and a San Diego venture. So I log on at 10AM (1AM my time) hit a que for 2 mins, see my "Best Available" selection gives me a GA ticket, and im thinking, screw that im after seats in the Balconys. So i refresh like a dumb ass and its 10:02AM , SOLD OUT.

WTF. You can imagine with international flights and hotel bookings hinging on this ticket, im freakin. 10mins later after spamming the selections, somehow a ticket comes available, and THANK THE GREAT MAN! I've secured a ticket. somehow.

Can someone clear this all up. This whole venue is GA now ? So we all have to turn up as early as possible to get Balcony Seats if we want them? WOW, I just don't get how a show sells out in under 2mins.

Seeyou all at the show. Lookout for a solo Aussie ready to Ride The Spiral

cain313
05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Dude ..that's awesome that you've scored a ticket. But I think the show sold out so fast since, so far, it's the only west coast show and I think it only holds like 7K people. But, as we see.. people travel for Tool! See you at the show!

no_name
05-10-2010, 11:15 AM
I *may* have an extra ticket for this show. I bought one GA on Saturday but i got word today that tool is doing two shows in Denver on 06/28 and 29. The radio station in Denver apparently announced it this morning. It's on their website too....

http://www.ktcl.com/pages/events_concerts.html?feed=104957&article=1666818

SOOO FUCK YAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

that link above was linked to ticketmaster earlier today. Then this afternoon they had posted the ticketmaster page for their purchase, but now it directs you to aeg. interesting.

TOOLEYE
05-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Got my tix too! Party at tommys joynt before the show!!

runfoxrun
05-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Where ever Tommy's Joynt is ... im there! lol
can't wait for this show. Guess ya gotta be there early to secure a spot seeing this whole thing is GA

TOOLEYE
05-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Tommys joynt is on the corner of van ness and Geary. It is approximately six blocks from the venue where tool is playing. The history on tommys is it is where metallica met Jason newstead to let him know he was the new bass player for the band. It is an excellent hof brau and has a cash only bar that has more beers than you can shake a mug at! See you there!!

runfoxrun
05-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Wow, never even knew that. Totally forgot about SF being the HQ of Metallica. Synchronicity is i've just bought tickets back here for their tour down under :)

Any place that has "more beers than you can shake a mug at!" is fine by this Aussie. Seeyou all at the show.

seantanu
05-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Indeed, if anyone's still wondering, the whole show's General Admission. Seats AND Floor are first-come, first-claimed.

Count me among the empty-handed, alas. I promised my band I'd buy 5 for us and then missed out entirely!

If anyone here finds they have extra tickets, I'd love to hear from you. If you want to make money reselling, StubHub & Craigslist beckon, of course. But if you want more good fans to attend I'll happily pay you all costs!

PM me or call 408-390-two five eight six. (I'll edit this if some awesome fan has found me already).

I'll even meet you at Tommy's Joynt - let me too extol the virtues of serious MEAT and cheap BOOZE they've got up there.

MJudge
05-11-2010, 11:52 AM
MORE TOOL TOUR DATES

June 28 & 29 - Denver, CO @ Red Rocks on sale this Saturday.

July 13 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena on sale TBD.

SideEffect
05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
ugh looks like I'm going to the Sac show too then.

Triptolemus
05-11-2010, 07:02 PM
ugh...
How terrible for you.

SideEffect
05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
yea terrible for my wallet. I'm not made of money but how often does Tool come around?

TOOLEYE
05-12-2010, 02:36 AM
Keep checking ticketbastard for info on sac show...no details as of yet. Will definitely be doing the back to back shows!! Last time I did that, I got to see them break out pushit on the second night in San Diego!!! Also, last time they played in San Francisco, they brought out jello bafria(?) from the dead kennedys and played holiday in Vietnam. Hopefully something special will happen on one of these nights.

nusense
05-12-2010, 08:36 AM
"Holiday in Cambodia." Or was that a joke?

seantanu
05-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Personally I'm hoping for a guest appearance by Carlos Santana.
</joke... though that would be very interesting!>

runfoxrun
05-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Will definitely be doing the back to back shows!!.

Good call. whats the easiest way for a solo travellin Aussie to get up to Sac in less than 24hrs for this second show? curious to see if i can squeeze this into my trip haha. TOOL Chaos! love it

seantanu
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Good call. whats the easiest way for a solo travellin Aussie to get up to Sac in less than 24hrs for this second show?

www.amtrak.com

You'll want the route "Capitol Corridor" - between Emeryville, CA and Sacramento. Takes a couple hours, and US$22 each way if my memory serves me.

runfoxrun
05-12-2010, 10:23 PM
www.amtrak.com Emeryville, CA and Sacramento.

Cheers mate, just checked, and it seems totally do'able :) catchin a bus to Emeryville, then connecting via Amtrak Train to SAC. Now when are these tickets going on sale... hehe, I would seriously laugh my ass off if I caught up with the same people at both shows. thanks for all the help guys.

godhenry
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Good call. whats the easiest way for a solo travellin Aussie to get up to Sac in less than 24hrs for this second show? curious to see if i can squeeze this into my trip haha. TOOL Chaos! love it

Or you can get a ride with me and my friends!

runfoxrun
05-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Or you can get a ride with me and my friends!

Dude, I might just take you up on that one :) more research to do and tickets to source for this SAC show first. Seriously though, cheers for the offer mate.

TOOLEYE
05-13-2010, 05:59 AM
"Holiday in Cambodia." Or was that a joke?

My bad!!! You are correct. It was not a joke, just an honest mistake! Not real familiar with the dead kennedys and was trying to rely on a fuzzy memory from three years ago! I stand corrected!

TOOLEYE
05-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Cheers mate, just checked, and it seems totally do'able :) catchin a bus to Emeryville, then connecting via Amtrak Train to SAC. Now when are these tickets going on sale... hehe, I would seriously laugh my ass off if I caught up with the same people at both shows. thanks for all the help guys.

Update on supposed sac show...just checked Arco arena on ticketbastard and arco web site and as of this moment there is no mention of a TOOL show. Will keep my eyes peeled for info. Sad part about a show at arco, is there are really no gathering points for pre show consumption besides the parking lot!!

godhenry
05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Dude, I might just take you up on that one :) more research to do and tickets to source for this SAC show first. Seriously though, cheers for the offer mate.

no sweat. email me when it gets closer to the date. i'll PM you with my email address shortly.

godhenry
05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Update on supposed sac show...just checked Arco arena on ticketbastard and arco web site and as of this moment there is no mention of a TOOL show. Will keep my eyes peeled for info. Sad part about a show at arco, is there are really no gathering points for pre show consumption besides the parking lot!!

it's actually a pretty nice parking lot for a parking lot. at least better than the oakland arena parking lot.

hushypushy
05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
I got my ticket from StubHub, obviously with someone else's name on it. I looked the dude up (thank gawd he has a unique name), apparently he runs a fucking business SELLING TICKETS. What a fucking cock, all his business does is take tickets away from the real fans who want to see the show, in order to steal more money from the people who actually want to see the show.

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest.

Still trying to find some ELL-ESS-DEE for the show so if anyone knows what's up, hit me up heh.

runfoxrun
05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Apparently he runs a fucking business SELLING TICKETS, all his business does is take tickets away from the real fans

Man, thats just complete bullshit. no wonder its so hard to buy tickets, when these scumbags basically take half of them, and then try and sell them back to us at inflated costs... knowing we will pay up.

I remember going through the same thing for a Giants game in 08. had to pay triple for tickets because everything else had been sold out at TM. We don't have anything like StubHub or other Scalping sites in Australia. its pretty much just the Ticket Outlet and then maybe some noObs on Ebay. This "legal scalping" does nothing but damage.

seeyou all at the show.

hushypushy
05-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Man, thats just complete bullshit. no wonder its so hard to buy tickets, when these scumbags basically take half of them, and then try and sell them back to us at inflated costs... knowing we will pay up.

Yeah, who do you think bought every ticket at 10:00:00? Those guys. and then the real Tool fans show up at 10:00:08 or 10:14 or 11:30 or whatever to find out all the tickets were sold out >:|

which is funny...because those fans do get their tickets anyway--from the scalpers who were the reason the tickets were sold out in the first place. So weird.

livid star
05-15-2010, 07:30 PM
So, of the people here who got the tickets for the SF show, are you going to the SAC show, too?

When the fuck is the sale date going to be posted on that one?

hushypushy
05-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Knowing post-Lateralus tour Tool, the show is probably going to be identical. I'm not gonna drive SJ-Sac-SJ to see the same show again.

The show is pretty damn epic, honestly once a year is all I need to see. (even though I'm probably gonna download and listen to every bootleg from the tour)

livid star
05-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Knowing post-Lateralus tour Tool, the show is probably going to be identical. I'm not gonna drive SJ-Sac-SJ to see the same show again.

The show is pretty damn epic, honestly once a year is all I need to see. (even though I'm probably gonna download and listen to every bootleg from the tour)

That's very true, sir. I should give up faith in hearing Pushit live ever again. But, I think I read somewhere that it indeed occurred during a two nighter scenario.

Besides, I'd like to save my $krill for my newly formed "tattoo savings pot."

hushypushy
05-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm not holding out for anything in particular. I would love to hear a dozen special songs but they're probably never gonna play Prison Sex OTRM or Third Eye ever again so I'm not gonna hold my breath.

TOOLEYE
05-16-2010, 08:00 PM
They played pushit for first time on 10k days tour in San Diego on 5-3-07 and then alternated with right in two in that spot on the setlist. Occasionally they played pushit on back to back shows and then replaced both songs with flood(which was absolutely amazing!!!) around mid/end of October 07 and finished the tour with flood on the setlist. My dream would be to hear that monster drum beginning and hellacious scream as they break into ticks and leeches!!! A man can dream......right???

soreal
05-16-2010, 11:27 PM
i hope they open with 3rd eye and rape everyone in the building.

im not expecting it but it is tool and i wouldnt put it past them to murder this tour and put everyone and all other bands in check.

nusense
05-17-2010, 05:38 AM
That's very true, sir. I should give up faith in hearing Pushit live ever again. But, I think I read somewhere that it indeed occurred during a two nighter scenario.

They initially debuted it during the two-night stint in San Diego in 07. But they played it quite a bit during that leg (6-7 times?)

I was lucky enough to see it in Orlando. Jaw dropping.

hushypushy
05-17-2010, 11:09 AM
I wonder if they are gonna change the visualizations for the same songs. Some of the stuff I would wanna see again in a heartbeat (Rosetta Stoned has some trippy shit), but I got kinda tired of seeing the Schism video remix a couple times already.

runfoxrun
05-17-2010, 02:44 PM
My dream would be to hear that monster drum beginning and hellacious scream as they break into ticks and leeches!!! A man can dream......right???

I think i'd give my first born to hear that song .. lmao.
have they ever played Ticks & Leeches ? I heard Maynard nearly lost his voice in recording the track and vowed never to do it again... even an instrumental would be killer, just Danny pounding away.

To the SAC show question : yeh i think a few of us here are going to try again for tickets, and hopefully see them back to back. if only we knew when the bloody tickets would go on sale!

anyone opening on these shows ?

nusense
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I wonder if they are gonna change the visualizations for the same songs. Some of the stuff I would wanna see again in a heartbeat (Rosetta Stoned has some trippy shit), but I got kinda tired of seeing the Schism video remix a couple times already.

I'm hoping they keep that same ridiculously intense new Lost Keys they started doing last summer (I think Duluth might've been the first show where they introduced the vocal samples at the beginning?). The vocal samples (whoever it was. Leary? Huxley?) combined with Danny's synth work was unreal and nearly tore the roof off the place BEFORE Rosetta Stoned finished the job.

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
have they ever played Ticks & Leeches ? I heard Maynard nearly lost his voice in recording the track and vowed never to do it again... even an instrumental would be killer, just Danny pounding away.

To the SAC show question : yeh i think a few of us here are going to try again for tickets, and hopefully see them back to back. if only we knew when the bloody tickets would go on sale!

yea they've dont T&L a couple times.

11-1-01 and
that show is fuckin INTENSE, although Hawk from tricky fucks reflection and opiate up imo.

11-8-01...they did it there too

TheDude420
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm hoping they keep that same ridiculously intense new Lost Keys they started doing last summer (I think Duluth might've been the first show where they introduced the vocal samples at the beginning?). The vocal samples (whoever it was. Leary? Huxley?) combined with Danny's synth work was unreal and nearly tore the roof off the place BEFORE Rosetta Stoned finished the job.

i was there. almost lost my mind during that 20 minutes song man...almost

hushypushy
05-17-2010, 03:49 PM

oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. I would love to see that live.

dpad13
05-17-2010, 09:49 PM

Curiously enough, the Last time Ticks and Leeches was played was 7/13/02 at Arco Arena on my birthday!!!!! I was there, and it was religious, for me!!

soreal
05-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Curiously enough, the Last time Ticks and Leeches was played was 7/13/02 at Arco Arena on my birthday!!!!! I was there, and it was religious, for me!!

i was there as well. also saw it in tacoma WA, good shit

heilig_wissenschaft
05-22-2010, 01:56 PM
So....how early is the mass of people gonna start showing up for this ga bill graham show????
i'm thinking ten hours before the show should get me a good spot???

seantanu
05-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Don't kill me if I steer you wrong, but I went to the last one at Bill Graham and got there at 3pm. I was about #250 in line and got front/center seats in the ring around the floor (preferring seats myself). If I'd gone down to floor I'd have been 2nd or 3rd row, front/center. I'm sure if you're pushy you can get to 1st row from there.

livid star
06-02-2010, 09:28 PM
"Can you feel it?"

"...reach deep down in you and JUST SAY YES!"

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I can not fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heilig_wissenschaft
06-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Thanx for the info on your past TOOL experience at the civic seantanu.
See you all down in the S.F Bay!!!

90hoursleep
06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Damn...I need to find a pair for this one. Even though I saw 4 10kd tour shows. I don't care if they play the same songs. Guess I'll be paying out of my ass :(

46inme
06-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Damn...I need to find a pair for this one. Even though I saw 4 10kd tour shows. I don't care if they play the same songs. Guess I'll be paying out of my ass :(

Don't pay out the ass for this show! We are getting closer to show time and there is sure to be a re release of these tickets. I missed the boat on getting one for myself and have been very lucky with hitting re releases for some shows. I'm waiting it out it's gonna happen. There have even been a few face tickets that have been on craigslist. Also there are plenty of people that are holding tickets for friends that when show time comes are going to flake, another great source of extras. The way I'm looking at this show being it sold out fast is it's over bought and there will be tickets to be had.

nuraman00
06-20-2010, 08:13 PM
I felt I didn't pay enough attention to Justin last time. Without revealing the surprises in the setlist for their upcoming tour, are there parts of songs that are likely to be on the setlist, where he stands out?

JessicaSarahS
06-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Don't pay out the ass for this show! We are getting closer to show time and there is sure to be a re release of these tickets.

I hope you're right. I'm patiently waiting as well.

Callousss
06-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Hopefully Blair or someone else can confirm whether there will be LE shirts at this show!

90hoursleep
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
How are the sightlines at this venue? Unfortunately (lol) I am a working man who can't show up at noon to wait in line at the venue. If I get stuck at the way top, will my view be decent? Anyone know how many mezzanine levels are there?

livid star
07-01-2010, 09:29 PM
How are the sightlines at this venue? Unfortunately (lol) I am a working man who can't show up at noon to wait in line at the venue. If I get stuck at the way top, will my view be decent? Anyone know how many mezzanine levels are there?

I believe there are two levels.

Depending on what you want to 'view', you'll be fine. This is considered a 'small' venue, in terms of accomodating an act such as Tool, I do believe.

I think the only worry is to be positively situated away from the assholes. All will be well.

nuraman00
07-02-2010, 12:54 AM

I've seen Tool twice. The first time, was on the floor at Oracle.

The second time, was on the top floor at Bill Graham. I picked a spot straight back from the front of the stage, but in a front row.

I felt I was able to enjoy the visuals more, when I went to the top row at the Bill Graham. I was able to see more than I did when I was on the floor at the Oracle. Especially the lasers.

So, I think you should still enjoy the top level at the Bill Graham, if that's where you go. There's two levels.

nuraman00
07-02-2010, 12:56 AM
I felt I didn't pay enough attention to Justin last time. Without revealing the surprises in the setlist for their upcoming tour, are there parts of songs that are likely to be on the setlist, where he stands out?

Any responses? Thanks.

I know Tool works as a band, but I just want to create a few memories of Justin doing something. I want to make sure I watch him if there's a part of a song where he might stick out a little more.

tremans
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
According to SF Weekly, Jello Biafra's band is opening the show. Wonder if Jello will come out again last the last SF show...

http://www.sfweekly.com/events/tool-1970933/

livid star
07-02-2010, 02:26 PM
According to SF Weekly, Jello Biafra's band is opening the show. Wonder if Jello will come out again last the last SF show...

http://www.sfweekly.com/events/tool-1970933/

Well he'd better not, cause that move would be soooo 2007.
I am a retard for expecting something new.

dpad13
07-02-2010, 09:09 PM

Get there as early as you can. The upper level balcony has huge pillars the block the view of the stage. I got stuck near one in 07, but not right behind it.

Bill Graham Civic is an awesome venue. My favorite gig at that place was Cypress Hill, Rollins Band, and Beastie Boys. 1994 Check Your Head tour. Great gig!!!

hushypushy
07-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Well he'd better not, cause that move would be soooo 2007.
I am a retard for expecting something new.

as long as they play anything besides Holiday in Cambodia my mind will be blown

nicolinaz
07-03-2010, 11:15 AM
stubhub is very good, VIP treatment you get at times totally bend over backwards for ya if ya call'em for any reason.

livid star
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I am terrified of driving around in SF.
Can someone give me a ride?
I am in South San Jose. I would love you lots. No, not in that way, either.

nuraman00
07-06-2010, 09:59 PM

Any responses? Thanks.

hushypushy
07-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I am terrified of driving around in SF.
Can someone give me a ride?
I am in South San Jose. I would love you lots. No, not in that way, either.

Interesting...I live in south/east SJ. If you aren't too annoying maybe we can carpool :P

I only have a two seater, so that's all I can carry. I still haven't found any real life friends to go with (mainly due to ticket prices) so if that's the case, you can come along. If you can pay in acronyms, such as THC, LSD, MDMA, ABC, NBC, or CNN, that would be extra sweet.

Any responses? Thanks.

I don't know if anyone knows what the crap you're asking man. Maybe you should be a little more specific?

My answer at this point: keep your eyes and ears open 100% from the minute the lights go off till the minute they come back on again!

fatback_mcswain
07-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Can someone who is going to this show pick up an extra poster? I can paypal double the cost in advance.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

nusense
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Any responses? Thanks.

There's a spot in the opener where he beats the shit out of his bass rather than strum it. Also, Schism is a nice time to watch him.

Although, he generally is the most animated the whole time, so you really can't go wrong.

Shit man, just enjoy the show. There's PLENTY to look at this time around.

Also, if they happen to do the extended Lateralus, laugh as Justin chugs beer while strumming the bass part.

livid star
07-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Interesting...I live in south/east SJ. If you aren't too annoying maybe we can carpool :P

I only have a two seater, so that's all I can carry. I still haven't found any real life friends to go with (mainly due to ticket prices) so if that's the case, you can come along. If you can pay in acronyms, such as THC, LSD, MDMA, ABC, NBC, or CNN, that would be extra sweet.

LOL, If I'm not too annoying...it's likely to be the reverse, buddy. I have a great product I can pitch you. You ever heard of 7 minute abs? Well I'm gonna release eight minute abs....

Btw, my life does not commence forth without my beloved acronym, THC.

hushypushy
07-07-2010, 11:24 AM
LOL, If I'm not too annoying...it's likely to be the reverse, buddy.

haha smooth, I think we're gonna get along

livid star
07-07-2010, 10:15 PM
haha smooth, I think we're gonna get along
What time are you heading to SF?

hushypushy
07-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Lemme think about it and I'll send you a PM

I say that because I really don't know yet

godhenry
07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
This is a repost from the Sacto thread. I'm sure there are those who are going to the SF show are looking for tickets for the Sacto show.

I have one extra pair of tickets. Lower Level Section 122 Row Q. And if my friends keep flaking on me, i might have another pair. But for now I only have one pair for sale. If you live in the Bay Area, we can meet up to do the transaction. I can also FedEx Next Day your tickets upon payment via PayPal (i'm a verified paypal member). I'm selling them at face value $75 each. Another $25 for FedEx if necessary.

EDIT: These are hard tickets.

hushypushy
07-08-2010, 11:12 AM
aww dammit, you got my hopes up for a second there. One of my close friends has been looking for reasonably priced SF tickets for a while and he can't find 'em. SF seems to be a much hotter commodity than Sac.

Callousss
07-08-2010, 11:59 AM
So... what time you guys going to start lining? lolz.

godhenry
07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
aww dammit, you got my hopes up for a second there. One of my close friends has been looking for reasonably priced SF tickets for a while and he can't find 'em. SF seems to be a much hotter commodity than Sac.

sorry buddy.

livid star
07-08-2010, 01:44 PM
So... what time you guys going to start lining? lolz.
I've been in line since Tuesday, just like I was for Twilight

Useful_Jerk Off
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I have a great product I can pitch you. You ever heard of 7 minute abs? Well I'm gonna release eight minute abs....

haha what movie was that again?

livid star
07-08-2010, 03:17 PM
haha what movie was that again?

There's Something About Mary

nuraman00
07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't know if anyone knows what the crap you're asking man. Maybe you should be a little more specific?

My answer at this point: keep your eyes and ears open 100% from the minute the lights go off till the minute they come back on again!

There's a spot in the opener where he beats the shit out of his bass rather than strum it. Also, Schism is a nice time to watch him.

Although, he generally is the most animated the whole time, so you really can't go wrong.

Shit man, just enjoy the show. There's PLENTY to look at this time around.

Also, if they happen to do the extended Lateralus, laugh as Justin chugs beer while strumming the bass part.

Thanks a lot hushypushy and nusense, I appreciate your responses. The beer thing would be funny to see. That's the kind of moment I'd like to remember.

The Embryo 2
07-10-2010, 10:35 AM
do we have idea of what time the doors open? Its going to be one huge clusterfuck getting in there with the heavy search that Tool demands..

hushypushy
07-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Last year the searching was actually pretty brief.

The Embryo 2
07-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Last year the searching was actually pretty brief.

Well the RR show wasn't... but they failed to find my 4 bottles of 99 Bananas!!

edit: rotgut.

honky
07-10-2010, 03:41 PM
melvins are in tovvn...maybe vvell get Revolve like vve vvanted last time afterall? I am avvare that my VV key does not vvork.

Maz46&2
07-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I am avvare that my VV key does not vvork.

Haha, that's awesome.

hushypushy
07-10-2010, 10:03 PM
What are they searching for anyway? All I have is my pipe and no security has ever given a crap about that

90hoursleep
07-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Is Woven Hand the only opener? What time do you think Tool will hit the stage?

honky
07-11-2010, 12:15 PM
theyre searching for terrorists... and cameras. should be fine to smoke all the weed you want in there...

46inme
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
24 1/2 hours till show time bump.

honky
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Anyone out there have an extra that wants to see it go to a true fan, please please PM me ASAP! I've got some incentive/additional compensation that would reward your generosity (think along the lines of authentic/rare merch). I've paid 10 fold over face before and I just simply cannot afford to eat at this point, muchless pay an extra cent over face. It's hard to even type those words: I simply just do not have the cash this time around to buy my way in. So, if there's anyone out there with a flaky friend, accidental extra ticket, whatever the case--SOS--I need to get into this show!!! Thank you kindly. :) And again, in addition to paying the ticket price I've got a killer bonus for a genuine and generous TOOL fan. See yous tomorrows!!!

hushypushy
07-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Anyone know what time the doors open? The show starts at 8PM, same as last year, I can't remember if the doors opened at 6 or 7 though.

The Embryo 2
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Is Woven Hand the only opener? What time do you think Tool will hit the stage?

Wovenhand won't be there it's Jello Biafra's new band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svsrlL4CeBI

My prediction:

JBatGSOM will go on at 8:05 and play to 8:40. Tool will be on at 9:15 and be off at 11:00

The Embryo 2
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
melvins are in tovvn...maybe vvell get Revolve like vve vvanted last time afterall? I am avvare that my VV key does not vvork.

Revolve!!

as long as they don't replace TP or Intolerance....

The Embryo 2
07-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Revolve!!

as long as they don't replace TP or Intolerance....

how about a MEGA JAM with Buzz, Jello and Adam - they have all recorded together, so it makes perfect sense.

ok must keep expectations in check.

90hoursleep
07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Anyone know of a good parking garage located nearby that is open past midnight? I would hate to leave early if the show went late (Happened to me for Dredg in May).

livid star
07-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Anyone know of a good parking garage located nearby that is open past midnight? I would hate to leave early if the show went late (Happened to me for Dredg in May).

I only know of the one right across the street. I had no idea they close at midnight! I plan on using that garage again tonight. In 2007, I believe they were off well before midnight. Just haul ass to your car, I suppose. That's what I'll have to do.

90hoursleep
07-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I was looking at a different lot I think (Performing Arts Center Lot). Now that I see the Civic Center lot, looks like they may have hours that suit event times (of course I cant find any real information that states that, just based off reviews of the venue itself). I'll probably just park there.

I've seen Tool a bunch of times and never have they played past 12...hopefully the trend continues for my sake.

the_yeti
07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Park outside of the City and take BART in. I recommend Daly City Bart Station.

hank scorpio
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I agree with taking BART, much less hassle. The Civic Center station is only about a half mile from the venue.

honky
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM
What was the total ticket price all of you current ticket holders wound up paying? (you know, after fees, + fees, + taxes, +more fees) $59.50 + ? = the minimum I'm lookin at out front.

I don't really see them doing anything from the "Jelvins" (Melvins + Jello records that Adam plays a bit on) just because it doesn't really fit into the vibe and is pretty obscure. Shit, most people didn't even know who Jello was or that Holiday in Cambodia was being played last go round @ Bill Graham. Kinda sad, really.

honky
07-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree with taking BART, much less hassle. The Civic Center station is only about a half mile from the venue.

Half mile?? More like half a block--there's an entrance across the street! (by the burger king, across from the library)

honky
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM

Just park on the street. Although I'd avoid the Tenderloin side (for you non-familiar bridge and tunnel folk) and head across Market. (It would actually be BEFORE you get to Market, coming from the freeway.) Walking a few blocks over paying $20 and leaving early seems like a no brainer....unless of course you're that fucking lazy AND have the cash burn. In which case, I'll valet your shit for you and put the $20 toward the ticket I still don't have! AHH!!

hank scorpio
07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Half mile?? More like half a block--there's an entrance across the street! (by the burger king, across from the library)

haha, I haven't been to Bill Graham in a while I couldn't remember exactly. Even more reason to BART in

honky
07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
haha, I haven't been to Bill Graham in a while I couldn't remember exactly. Even more reason to BART in

fuckin a!

sorry if i came off sounding like a condescending dick--no doubt a result of all of my "brooding excitement".

90hoursleep
07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I want to BART in...the show better end on time if I do (last BART to East Bay is 12:20 PM)

90hoursleep
07-12-2010, 02:17 PM
What was the total ticket price all of you current ticket holders wound up paying? (you know, after fees, + fees, + taxes, +more fees) $59.50 + ? = the minimum I'm lookin at out front.

I don't really see them doing anything from the "Jelvins" (Melvins + Jello records that Adam plays a bit on) just because it doesn't really fit into the vibe and is pretty obscure. Shit, most people didn't even know who Jello was or that Holiday in Cambodia was being played last go round @ Bill Graham. Kinda sad, really.

The cheapest I have seen on Craigslist was $75. Seems reasonable ($60 ticket + $15 Ticketbastard). I think if you get anything under $100 on street you should nab it (and if the seller seems sketchy, have him walk with you and pay him when the ticket scans correctly).