PDA

View Full Version : Wolf howl

DÆmonoidTrinomial
04-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Wuts crackin' everybody, this'll be my first post. Sorta wish I had a better post but this's just something I've never seen addressed has anybody heard the wolf howling (at least that's what I've always heard it as) at roughly 5:56-6:00?. Anybody ever heard/read tool addressing it. It seems a lot of other things like that are addressed in the Tool FAQ (the phone ringing in "Opiate" and the guy yelling in "Sober" and whatnot) Or maybe what that noise is is common knowledge to everybody xcept me and it's not a wolf howl! Idk in any case any reply is allready appreciated thnx in advance.

Angel on the Sideline
04-30-2010, 04:45 AM
Yep, there's a howl in there alright. My guess is it's one of the band members' dogs. Instances like this are prevalent throughout all of Tool's albums. Joe Baresi called them hidden 'Easter Eggs' — little novelties put in there for us to find and meant to amuse the serious listener. The casual listener won't notice most of them.

Michał
05-09-2010, 02:04 PM
But it seems more like a guitar bending sound. Easy to get, you don't need a dog for this. :P
Anyway, respect for going deep!