PDA

View Full Version : The Story so far...

Remember057
04-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Blair,

5 years ago I wrote to you, hoping that you might be able to assist me in gaining some much needed insight into a peculiar dream I had. To recall, I had dreamt that I purchased some ice cream from this vendor in a park, one of those little mobile, chromed-out, everything on wheels, cart-type things. The congenial, brunette, dressed- in- white girl that I ordered it from mistakenly gave me the wrong kind, so I went back and requested that she exchange it for what I had actually, specifically ordered. With a “black hole sun” smile, she replied that she couldn't do that, but she could mix the varietal that I had originally asked for with the particular one she had mistakenly given me, two into one. So the next day I wake into the “real” world craving ice cream like all hell and decide to have some for breakfast, which was altogether odd and very uncharacteristic of me, as I assume it would be for most. I proceeded to Wally World, which happened to be a little lower geared at that hour, to pick up some Ben and Jerry's. As I rubbed my eyes and peered into the freezer on aisle two, I was startled by what my eyes beheld; there was a whole row of new flavors that just happened to be two of the old flavors mixed into one. "2 twisted", or something to that effect. Upon witnessing this omen in the isles of WalMart, I was so freaked out and emotionally defeated that I just went home and consumed a more conventional breakfast instead. When you replied to my letter, you said something to the effect of, "hopefully the dream maker will send you more of these visions."

In 2006 I realized that my Ice Cream dream was significant because of the whole "two into one" theme. TOOL comes out with an album called 10,000 days, five years after my dream. On the front cover there is a picture of an Alex Grey painting that has been altered somewhat. The old painting was entitled "ONE" and had TWO faces on it, staring into each other; yet, on the 10,000 days album cover, the two faces have merged and become ONE. Then, you open up the album and on the inside there are two pictures on each page that, when viewed through the special glasses, become ONE. And the lyrics in Jambi: "shine on forever, shine on benevolent sun, shine down upon the many, shine until the TWO BECOME ONE. I'm chasing the rabbit down the hole, but what I want to know is this: is there really a rabbit at all?

P.S.
Oh, I know what the dream maker is now

priyakaushik
09-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Really nice post.I was getting bored and i started reading this.It just passed my time.
Thanks for this post.