PDA

View Full Version : The shattering of Man

Godcell11
04-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I think this song has a Kabbalistic tone to it, with feelings of the fall from Eden and Babel. How Jesus came with the sword and division, and ascends in the unity of one body. How we fell from our Divine state into the coveting of egoism, and how we must strengthen our communication in an occult sense to become One again and reunite with the Creator.

"The light that once sustained us then has burnt a hole between us so we cannot seem to reach an end, crippling our communication...I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting, I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing, we're doomed to crumble unless we grow and strengthen our communication"

If you look at the cells of the body, the work together in harmony to sustain us, but when they start working selfishly, it is called cancer. And this is not a corporeal message of how we should shave our heads and wave flags and be one; that is all reflective of the problem. Instead we need to tap into the beauty of holding each other up, left and right, christian and buddhist, muslim and jew, evolutionist and creationist as one evolving being

I'm very early in my spiritual development, and you shouldn't take my word for concepts you can explore on your own. I think Tool is some ways uses a reverse psychology and conceals light behind darkness, but overall they're a mystery; yet I think they do try to make connections through the oneness we don't see. Even if they're songs are obviously related to personal inner-processes and not an attempt to preach some ideology, I think they try to reveal an unconscious web of connection between themselves and the crowd. I've been suspicious of them and I think they want you to be. They awaken something within you and then your on your own in exploring the Mystery. I don't think their intent is to draw you away from God so you follow them and if anything, shed dogmatic, scornful views that constrain your mind, but this is only a step to a potentially fuller understanding of God

Inner_Eulogy
04-23-2010, 12:49 PM
I think this song has a Kabbalistic tone to it, with feelings of the fall from Eden and Babel. How Jesus came with the sword and division, and ascends in the unity of one body. How we fell from our Divine state into the coveting of egoism, and how we must strengthen our communication in an occult sense to become One again and reunite with the Creator.

"The light that once sustained us then has burnt a hole between us so we cannot seem to reach an end, crippling our communication...I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting, I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing, we're doomed to crumble unless we grow and strengthen our communication"

If you look at the cells of the body, the work together in harmony to sustain us, but when they start working selfishly, it is called cancer. And this is not a corporeal message of how we should shave our heads and wave flags and be one; that is all reflective of the problem. Instead we need to tap into the beauty of holding each other up, left and right, christian and buddhist, muslim and jew, evolutionist and creationist as one evolving being

I'm very early in my spiritual development, and you shouldn't take my word for concepts you can explore on your own. I think Tool is some ways uses a reverse psychology and conceals light behind darkness, but overall they're a mystery; yet I think they do try to make connections through the oneness we don't see. Even if they're songs are obviously related to personal inner-processes and not an attempt to preach some ideology, I think they try to reveal an unconscious web of connection between themselves and the crowd. I've been suspicious of them and I think they want you to be. They awaken something within you and then your on your own in exploring the Mystery. I don't think their intent is to draw you away from God so you follow them and if anything, shed dogmatic, scornful views that constrain your mind, but this is only a step to a potentially fuller understanding of God

Perhaps you should read the TOOL revolver magazine issue and then you'd know you were wrong.

Lateralareallofus
04-24-2010, 05:58 PM
i believe you are right on in your interpretation of this song, godcell11. Inner eulogy, i have read the artilel in revolver and just because the members of the band said something in the magazine doesnt mean that it is the only meaning of the song. you should know by now that TOOL includes many layers in their songs. the microcosm and the macrocosm. above and below. the communication between the members of the band is synonymous with the communication that must go on between cells in the body, humans on earth, and the network of energy thoughout the universe in general.

SlaveNoMore
10-06-2010, 11:46 AM
i believe you are right on in your interpretation of this song, godcell11. Inner eulogy, i have read the artilel in revolver and just because the members of the band said something in the magazine doesnt mean that it is the only meaning of the song. you should know by now that TOOL includes many layers in their songs. the microcosm and the macrocosm. above and below. the communication between the members of the band is synonymous with the communication that must go on between cells in the body, humans on earth, and the network of energy thoughout the universe in general.

Thank you so much Lateral......., whoever you are, for offering encouragement to someone elses' spiritual growth. This is truly what was spoken of as rediscovering communication. godcell11, please continue your spiritual journey along the path that is right for you, embracing the assistance of those who would see you succeed, not fail. Do not be swayed by the empty words of those who have no path of their own and desire to see you abandon your's as well. They have retarted their thinking back to the black and white (right and wrong) of spiritual infancy, and like babies, cry a lot about it.

44monkee
10-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Do not be swayed by the empty words of those who have no path of their own and desire to see you abandon your's as well. They have retarted their thinking back to the black and white (right and wrong) of spiritual infancy, and like babies, cry a lot about it. wow. Beautifully said. Babies who cry because they know no other way of expressing their needs, wants, feelings, thoughts, hopes, fears, pain, etc. . . Its amazing how so many people have grown so little in the ways of communication or who were shown by example of all the WRONG ways to do so.(communicate) . . .Sadly.- . .

mcnadd
10-06-2010, 07:07 PM
2012 is coming

SlaveNoMore
10-07-2010, 07:41 AM
wow. Beautifully said. Babies who cry because they know no other way of expressing their needs, wants, feelings, thoughts, hopes, fears, pain, etc. . . Its amazing how so many people have grown so little in the ways of communication or who were shown by example of all the WRONG ways to do so.(communicate) . . .Sadly.- . .

And hence the need, more than ever before, for those of us who desire to heal to not only communicate openly and honestly with one another (sharing our experiences to assist, educate and uplift one another), but also to sacrifice our need for self preservation and validation, therfore obtaing a willingness to have the courage to take action. If we betray ourselves and each other by lacking the courage to be ridiculed and ostracized by the sheeple, then we are as the brothers of Joseph, selling ourselves back into slavery.

SlaveNoMore
10-08-2010, 10:30 AM
ReDiscover CommuniCation.
It is about talking to each other in a relationship (any kind).
Not necessaily highed Comm-unification.

you're right

MasterInfinity
10-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Genesis 11 1-9