PDA

View Full Version : opiate compared to everything else

watchtheweather
12-11-2002, 06:18 PM
ok think of it this way cause some of you might have made the same mistake as i did. Of course i had aenima lateralus and undertow but you know to be a "real" tool fan i had to buy opiate so at first i bought it for the hell of it yea sweats a good song and not listein 2 it ever again. We are just thinking of the tool that happened when justin chancellor joined the band with albums like aenima and lateralus. OK here we go opiate kiks ass. Listein 2 the whole album and tell me a bad song on it. Sweat great. Hush the best song paul ever captured in bass. Part of me astonishing. cold and ugly how the hell did they do that. Jerk off great rocksong, and of course the infamous Gaping Lotus Experience so please dont jump to conclusions like i once did without listein to this album

bringerofbasses
12-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by watchtheweather
Of course i had aenima lateralus and undertow but you know to be a "real" tool fan i had to buy opiate so at first i bought it for the hell of it

What's a "real" Tool fan? lol...don't mean to be this way, but there's a thousands of people that consider themselves "real" fans of any band/group/artist/whichever word you prefer to call them. Some would say they're a "real" fan because they buy all the bootlegs and t-shirts, anything to support the band. Others may say it's because they know all the little things the band does or has either inside of a song or what a bandmember's real name is or something silly like that.

I dunno...not to seem like I'm jumping all over you watch (even though this may be a really old post, didn't check the date, lol - I was just knocking around - felt as though I should respond), but I really don't think buying Opiate is enough to say you're a "real" fan. Now, if you appreciate the music and it inspires you in someway ...as many people have reiterated from what Maynard has said...then great, I think that's what makes you a "real" fan.

But then again, what do I know?

- Cheers, the bringer of basses.

Rice
01-09-2003, 06:20 PM
You can't compare Opiate to everything else because no matter what....Tool is just awesome. Opiate, Ænima, Lateralus, Undertow, Salival.....AMAZING albums. All of them.

I agree with that guy ^ up there too....

I hate people who say they love Tool and buy T-shirts and patches and stickers and all that stuff because they like one song. I mean come on man...A friend of mine went to their concert and she was moshin and stuff and she said they played Stinkfist, or one of the songs from Ænima, i don't remember which she said, but this guy and a few of his friends were all wearing Tool shirts and all that and they were like "Hell yeah a new song!" and its just shameful. but yeah...

Systolic
01-29-2003, 05:40 AM
Okay HERE'S a real Tool fan for you... hehehe

I downloaded all of the Opiate and Aenima songs off of KaZaA. no big deal right? Well... just so I could justify myself, I go and buy all of vinyls available... =P

Zinnia
02-16-2003, 10:45 AM
a "real" fan is someone who is inspired by the music and isn't afraid to not like a few songs from the band. it's not about how much stuff you have. it's about how the music affects your life and if you really get what it and the band is all about.