PDA

View Full Version : the biblical flood?

luketheduke06
12-11-2002, 05:52 PM
i dont think anyone has mentioned it being related in any way to the biblical flood. it seems to me that it could be about noah's flood from the standpoint of someone NOT on the "ark". noah supposedly told everyone about the flood that was to come and no one believed him. but when it came, it was obvious that they were wrong, and they had to throw away all of their beliefs as the water, or truth, was coming to punish them. tell me what you think.

Duke
12-15-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by luketheduke06
i dont think anyone has mentioned it being related in any way to the biblical flood. it seems to me that it could be about noah's flood from the standpoint of someone NOT on the "ark". noah supposedly told everyone about the flood that was to come and no one believed him. but when it came, it was obvious that they were wrong, and they had to throw away all of their beliefs as the water, or truth, was coming to punish them. tell me what you think.

Let me give you a different reference point to chew on;

Think of the water as your subconcious, below the surface. Above perhaps your ego/consiousness?... maybe. I do know that water in your dreams represents the subconcious mind.

johno512
12-16-2002, 06:50 AM
what in the hell are you babbeling about?

neveragain
12-16-2002, 08:10 AM
IMPORTANT, do not turn this into a religious discussion. In terms of the biblical flood, my interpretation lies in the cleansing of sin from man, much like a baptism. God was unhappy with the ways of man, so therefore wiped (us) out with the great flood. I translate this into Genesis trying to teach us that we should live morally, and make the most of what we have, because it could be gone in an instant. Even though God said he would never hit us with a flood again, the important part is the lesson we learn, which is not to waste our time on earth, but rather use it wisely to educate ourselves, and progress rather than sink into the spoils of life. A modern interpretation might be me and you actually thinking about this stuff (higher meaning, truth, justice, future, etc...) rather than worrying about clothing, NASCAR, and being content with what we were taught in school much like most of the people on this planet. To me, Maynard encourages thinking and open-mindedness, while at the same time basically not being able to tolerate the simpletons mentioned above, knowing that they will never even think of stuff like we are now, let alone acheive some higher state of consiousness. Anyway, what i'm trying to say is that this song does represent a "great flood" to me, wiping out the stupid people of the earth much like the concept of losing California. However, could there be so many of these "stupid" people that you and I would get washed out with them? just a thought.......