PDA

View Full Version : Spiral

46&2
12-11-2002, 03:15 PM
When I was watching the Schism video with my girlfriend, I recalled a show I watched a while ago on Stonehenge. During the course of the show, they explained that Druids used spiral patterns to symbolize spiritual ascension or travel. Given this, here is my thought:

When the woman or man (I forget who) is controlling his/her partner in an attempt to make the the spiral... nothing happens. But when the two join and become one, the spiral comes to life (I think the thing in the middle of the fire is a spiral anyhow.) and they seem prepared for their ascention.

Any thoughts?

TheHollow
12-11-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 46&2

When the woman or man (I forget who) is controlling his/her partner in an attempt to make the the spiral... nothing happens. But when the two join and become one, the spiral comes to life (I think the thing in the middle of the fire is a spiral anyhow.) and they seem prepared for their ascention.

Any thoughts?

Yyyyyyup! Someone mentioned on another thread that the flames form a taiji (yin yang sign). When looking at a spiral (a DNA cell specifically) from atop, you see a taiji. Plus the yin yang sign itself is the unification of yim (female) and yang (male). So yeah! Your post makes perfect sense!