PDA

View Full Version : show it dont force it

RayBourque777
02-07-2010, 10:30 AM
This is apparently a more appropriate area for the response I posted last night when I was cooked and bored, so I saw a tool video on youtube "huntington st." page of 46&2 (there are several of them). The video basically looks like your watching the concert from a snipers position with a red-dot scope. MJK did this intentionally I'm pretty sure just because of where the red-dot never points. It goes to the side of the 4 of them, over, under and when it stops on them it's on arms or legs. The message/point being never point any of this shit at anyone's head. Show it to them but don't force it, if they don't get it they never will.

Heading east for the superbowl

TOD
02-09-2010, 06:52 PM
This is apparently a more appropriate area for the response I posted last night when I was cooked and bored, so I saw a tool video on youtube "huntington st." page of 46&2 (there are several of them). The video basically looks like your watching the concert from a snipers position with a red-dot scope. MJK did this intentionally I'm pretty sure just because of where the red-dot never points. It goes to the side of the 4 of them, over, under and when it stops on them it's on arms or legs. The message/point being never point any of this shit at anyone's head. Show it to them but don't force it, if they don't get it they never will.

Heading east for the superbowl

So...I'm supposed to search your posts for some response to something you posted the other night? How about a link? What are you trying to say? You're just telling us safety precautions for using a laser pointer, of course you shouldn't point them at the members of your favorite band while they're playing. They might stop and walk of the stage, like that one time when maynard couldn't sing parabola.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz4fiwCE

Rolo
02-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Tool uses enough lasers on stage to point back, imo

Visceral Primate
02-09-2010, 08:10 PM

There can never be too many lasers

RayBourque777
02-09-2010, 08:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuntingtonSt?blend=2&ob=1&rclk=cti#p/search/8/0uHx8CXhzew

I dont even know if I did this link right, I'm an idiot when it comes to this sort of shit, but the "red dot" isn't a laser pointer and it goes where it goes for a reason, the video wasn't taken by a fan. And another thing about Tool, I only know about 9 songs by these guys and 7 of them are from the 2 hour loop on radio stations the other 2 being jerk-off and rosetta stoned. I used to call my buddy who is a raging tool nut like most of you a *** because tool was the gayest bunch of kid touching homos I'd ever heard of, then shortly after my little wake up I started "listening" to them and was like....... oh, that's what all this is about.

The point is I don't know shit about shit when it comes to this sort of thing and I have absolutely no one to help me with it, it's all guess work and failure after failure after punch in the face after fuck up and then a whole shit load of "what the fuck is going on here"

And rolo you spelled emo wrong.

RayBourque777
02-09-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/HuntingtonSt?blend=2&ob=1&rclk=cti#p/search/8/0uHx8CXhzew

I dont even know if I did this link right, I'm an idiot when it comes to this sort of shit, but the "red dot" isn't a laser pointer and it goes where it goes for a reason, the video wasn't taken by a fan. And another thing about Tool, I only know about 9 songs by these guys and 7 of them are from the 2 hour loop on radio stations the other 2 being jerk-off and rosetta stoned. I used to call my buddy who is a raging tool nut like most of you a *** because tool was the gayest bunch of kid touching homos I'd ever heard of, then shortly after my little wake up I started "listening" to them and was like....... oh, that's what all this is about.

The point is I don't know shit about shit when it comes to this sort of thing and I have absolutely no one to help me with it, it's all guess work and failure after failure after punch in the face after fuck up and then a whole shit load of "what the fuck is going on here"

I did the link wrong, type it in if you want to see it.

Rolo
02-09-2010, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/HuntingtonSt?blend=2&ob=1&rclk=cti#p/search/8/0uHx8CXhzewFixed.

I dont even know if I did this link right, I'm an idiot when it comes to this sort of shit

Click on the reply button and see what you should have done.

RayBourque777
02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
thanks rolo

TOD
02-10-2010, 05:40 PM

haha, I guess you're right.

TOD
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
the "red dot" isn't a laser pointer and it goes where it goes for a reason.

so what do you think the reason is?

RayBourque777
02-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Some piece of subhuman garbage ran up on stage in Ohio a few years ago and shot Dimebag Darrel as well as a few other people because he was a whiny psychotic obsessive little bitch who was mad because Pantera broke up. Unfortunately by the time he got what he deserved (a shotgun blast to the face) 4 people were dead.

Should Tool ever break up there would probably be some punk bitch tool fan who would be so devastated by it that they would think about doing the same thing. That video is a good way of showing that not only are they prepared for some potential weakling, but anyone who may be think he or she has themselves a "good idea" that they are not the first to think of it. And should you ever pick up a gun and think to yourself "this is my time to shine" just do the world a favor and turn it on yourself. There's no need to try to take someone out just because you can never be what they are.

I see two other less obvious reasons for it that make sense to me but may not to anyone else. #1 is when I was singing jerk-off to a chick and pointed my finger like a gun and screamed out - I should play god and shoot you myself - I didn't look her in the eyes and I didn't point my finger/gun at her. It would have been creepy/disturbing so i looked and pointed at the wall next to her. Put the dot on someones arm/leg/the wall/ anywhere but their head because that would be fucked up and pointless.

#2 is because Tool is a band that most people just don't get. A lot of people that hate them, and there are a lot of people that hate Tool, do because they don't understand what they're listening to. If you want to try to talk to someone about Tool who knows nothing about Tool fine but don't point any of your ideas at their heads. If they dont get it they dont get it and if they say Tool sucks then just say ok whatever, dont get into an argument with someone just because you think Tool is great and they think they suck.

Does anyone know why Tool cannot be played on any jukebox anywhere?

Enlightened One
02-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Right. And for your information(FYI) (IMO) is "in my opinion" not emo. Just wanted you to know. But yeah I have seen this video and I don't know what to think of it. It's cool to watch but I never really put too much thought into the effects used in production and filming.

Rolo
02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Should Tool ever break up there would probably be some punk bitch tool fan who would be so devastated by it that they would think about doing the same thing.

Tool/Pantera; two different crowds, imo

TOD
02-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Some piece of subhuman garbage ran up on stage in Ohio a few years ago and shot Dimebag Darrel as well as a few other people because he was a whiny psychotic obsessive little bitch who was mad because Pantera broke up. Unfortunately by the time he got what he deserved (a shotgun blast to the face) 4 people were dead.

Should Tool ever break up there would probably be some punk bitch tool fan who would be so devastated by it that they would think about doing the same thing. That video is a good way of showing that not only are they prepared for some potential weakling, but anyone who may be think he or she has themselves a "good idea" that they are not the first to think of it. And should you ever pick up a gun and think to yourself "this is my time to shine" just do the world a favor and turn it on yourself. There's no need to try to take someone out just because you can never be what they are.

I see two other less obvious reasons for it that make sense to me but may not to anyone else. #1 is when I was singing jerk-off to a chick and pointed my finger like a gun and screamed out - I should play god and shoot you myself - I didn't look her in the eyes and I didn't point my finger/gun at her. It would have been creepy/disturbing so i looked and pointed at the wall next to her. Put the dot on someones arm/leg/the wall/ anywhere but their head because that would be fucked up and pointless.

#2 is because Tool is a band that most people just don't get. A lot of people that hate them, and there are a lot of people that hate Tool, do because they don't understand what they're listening to. If you want to try to talk to someone about Tool who knows nothing about Tool fine but don't point any of your ideas at their heads. If they dont get it they dont get it and if they say Tool sucks then just say ok whatever, dont get into an argument with someone just because you think Tool is great and they think they suck.

Does anyone know why Tool cannot be played on any jukebox anywhere?

I don't see how all this came from a red dot, but that's Tool for you, and they probably don't sell their "singles" to jukebox companies.

imatoolhed
02-12-2010, 02:30 PM
because tool was the gayest bunch of kid touching homos I'd ever heard of

all sorts of wrong right thurr...and by that i mean the way its said, not what is said

Rolo
02-12-2010, 03:20 PM

Maybe because it wasn't meant to be "emo"?

I'll read your reply after you're back from your probation.

imatoolhed
02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
i wish my lawn was imo bcuz then it would... see it just don't work

lollolzz

Carny_Handles
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
THe hookah bar i used to go to has tool in it..