PDA

View Full Version : this is about love totally

carlos_casteneda_72
10-17-2003, 07:17 PM
yes i noticed that maynard makes many lyrics upon which love is the subject. i noticed that, well as he says in his lyrics that "thismay hurt a little but its something you'll get used to" talks about breakup of relationship. you go through alot of it, you get used to it. also the lyrics of which inoticed "ill keep digging cuz i feel something" talks about how u want to love another yeto you find that you cant, now this totally, and sadly, explains how my relationship is, i dont wanna go into detail about my useless daily drama, but im just saying how i can relate to the subject at hand."finger deep within the borderline, show me that you love me and that we belong together, relax, turn around and take my hand." that talks about the pressure of a relationship, the expectations of sex in a relatiosnhip, sort of pressuring sex or sexual relations on another even if they dont desire such a thing upon that moment of awareness."how can it mean anything if i dont feel anything at all" that totally talks about the point of veiw of which the one hwo doesnt love the other, they see it as non-conducive, how the relationship is, wondering how can this mean anything upon my awareness if nothing is felt for the other.i could go into more detail but that is how i feel about it and hopefully u get the point, but i also noticed that he just had a kid when this was made, hes engaged to his girlfriend, and the fact that he wrote on alot of emotion for this album, like the song pushit for example talks about relationship. but this is just how i feel for this song, i can totally relate to it in that way.

Cylith
11-12-2003, 10:14 AM
I think that YOUR interpretation is a pretty good one. I would like to say, however that it's just that: YOUR interpretation. It's not wise to say "This is what this song is about" or "This is what this line/lyrics means." It's not wise because there are so many different interpretations for every song, and what might be obvious to you is obviously something else to a different person. It is very good to have your own meaning, though. I say, make these songs yours.