PDA

View Full Version : Internet band.

YURAKAPTIV
10-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Anyone intersted in starting an internet band.It would require for you to have some recording equip. so we could exchange recordings through the internet.I could make a couple drum tracks,main track and the breaks,and send it one to someone who could put bass line to it and then someone could do a guitar track and so on.I 'm able to do everything except guitar,so if anyones intersted,just contact me.There is a record label that Chuck D has that is purely an internet record company.

deviatedwolf625
10-16-2003, 02:49 PM
I'll write bass lines when I have time, I can record/mix my lines just fine

Edman
10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
I can do any kind of african percussion, bass guitar, vocals, or keys and synth. My buddy has his own recording studio, so I could record things there. Be glad to help.

OftenLost
10-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Well, if anyone is interested in writing stuff over powertab, Id gladly want to work with you. I play bass, so any guitarist with a decent knowledge of theory up for it?

YURAKAPTIV
10-17-2003, 08:10 AM
I'll try to have a drum track up within a week or so.I'll just make something simple at first and ya'll can add what you want and repost.Does everyone have the ability to cut and paste,sample, or just record?If not you can just send me the track and I can paste it where it needs to go and when complete can mix down to stereo,then master.It may take time to get good,but practice makes perfect.Also I've never put any tracks on here,so I just do the track,burn it to CD,uplaod to my computer,and then upload to this section?Is there another way to trade other than this site,whats powertab?

FuckJesus
10-20-2003, 07:13 AM
i've been playing bass for a long time now.
if you want me to record, i have a music man stingray which sounds great recorded...if this plan actually pulls through you can contact me.
my friend has a digital 8 track that i could record on

alexandrobertsuk
10-20-2003, 07:18 AM
that would be me

YURAKAPTIV
10-20-2003, 11:30 AM
What types of music is everyone interested in making.I can make hip hop,electronic,and industrial drum tracks.If someone has the ability to record real drums that would be great,maybe I could put up a drum track and then you could reinterprit it into drums.

FuckJesus
10-20-2003, 01:14 PM
real drums would be much better than a drum machine...i really despise drum machines actually.

Edman
10-20-2003, 01:17 PM
I like the idea though. Create something on a drum machine, and have someone redo it with acoustic drums. That's a good start, but it should really be kept at 4/4. Perhaps, if we do more of these internet bands, we can through in a few more complications to make it interesting.

By the way: I through in a few nuances here and there to add to the overall texture to the song with the various synth equipment I have.

deviatedwolf625
10-20-2003, 04:43 PM
hmm, well I can also sing, but not very well ... write lyrics ... hmm ...

I like the idea in a vague sense, it gives me the freedom to work with better musicians, hence, get tips on how to improve and whatnot ...

But I'm not sure I have time.

But when you get that drum track up, I'll try ...

Darkend Feeling
01-25-2004, 07:27 PM
I play guitar/bass. I'd be happy to lay down a few tracks when I have time.

deviatedwolf625
01-25-2004, 10:13 PM
whatever happened to this?

YURAKAPTIV
01-26-2004, 12:03 PM
whatever happened to this?
I've decide to wait til I get my new set up,shouldn't be more than 4 months.Also no one seemed to be to enthusiastic about doing it.Aslo no one seemed to have a good enough set up to do it very good.Although once I get my new machines it will be easier for me to post more complicated material.I did do about 5 songs that I intended to post.but I was disappointed with tham compared to some of my other tracks,and I'm not wanting to post them since they are going on my CD.Also I've been busy painting and writing my movie so I haven't been focusing on my music,will get back at itwheni get my new machines.

imtheism
02-06-2004, 08:18 AM
I can play guit, bass, sing - have full recording capability that sounds pretty decent. Not that good with mixing and shit though.

exojjl
10-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Anyone intersted in starting an internet band.It would require for you to have some recording equip. so we could exchange recordings through the internet.I could make a couple drum tracks,main track and the breaks,and send it one to someone who could put bass line to it and then someone could do a guitar track and so on.I 'm able to do everything except guitar,so if anyones intersted,just contact me.There is a record label that Chuck D has that is purely an internet record company.

Hey, I have a selection of 6 basses for different sounds, from hollow body to vintage, and a 5 string, and fretless. I also play acoustic guitar and electric guitar. I own and play a violin as well as the cello. I also own various recording equipment.

I mostly play bass, and it is my prefered instrument, and have a wide variety of styles i can play, and inspirations.
I can play stuff from (on the bass) tool, primus, the beatles, pink floyd and various other misc stuff.
On guitar I mostly play my freeform style in which I'll use odd tuning, and drop tunings of various sorts (Think Sonic Youth), or just standard and droped-d.
Expirimental stuff I like and totally agree with.

If you are interested please contact me.
My email is [email protected]
Please feel free.

exojjl
10-05-2004, 12:31 AM
What types of music is everyone interested in making.I can make hip hop,electronic,and industrial drum tracks.If someone has the ability to record real drums that would be great,maybe I could put up a drum track and then you could reinterprit it into drums.

I ssay a mix of industrial and hip hop.
I have been kinda getting into this stuff, i forget exactly what its called, i think its "trip hop" where its like a hip hop beat with like jazz music over the top of it.
Its cool, but I was thinking taking that, and branching further into something even more experimental. Can you do jazz drum stuff as well? If you can do jazz, then essentially you can do rock, because they go hand in hand.

exojjl
10-05-2004, 12:35 AM
yurakaptiv, I am very interested in doing this and would like to hear from you as soon as possible if you are still interested in this.
I have the time, I always have free time, every day. I have the somewhat good setup to record. I can record and not to badly.
Please let me know.

(-)Phosphorescence(-)
11-25-2004, 01:59 PM
hip hop eh... i would give it a shot but it might ruin my current style of hardcore metal/mellow/APC like guitaring.

i gotta admit though, i used to be a wigger *.* (day dreams) yep good times.