PDA

View Full Version : Tool

timesig.net
12-11-2002, 08:15 AM
I have come to a realization about tool, as a band and its own acting entity. The members have names, lives(as media and toolband.com have made blatently apparent), and ambition. However, in a musical sense they are not people, as we are. They seem to have come to an understanding with everything that happens during a song.--none of this is fact, just my opinion--
However, they seem to have very interesting inspirations in their great music. But how rare is it that a song has a message, a mathematical formula, a geometric representation, and still no apparent references to anything anyone has ever "said, or found". The Grudge is not that song, but it is the opposite. The Grudge has 1 clear inspiration-area 51. In 1990(roughly) two reports were released by a lone source, a supposed employee of the government installation. One was entitled "THE GRUDGE". The report seems to have direct correlation with this song, while still remaining "true".
Could there be some hidden message in the grudge or am I over-analyzing, most likely the latter. But isn't the unknown more interesting, come to your own conclusion.

animantra
01-08-2003, 09:46 PM
I fail to see any connection between the grudge and area 51. or any extra-terrestrial themes for that matter. Perhaps if this "report" could be viewed and analyzed, I could be more easily swayed, however until then, I see no correlation.

volcano lance
01-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by animantra
I fail to see any connection between the grudge and area 51. or any extra-terrestrial themes for that matter. Perhaps if this "report" could be viewed and analyzed, I could be more easily swayed, however until then, I see no correlation.
Same here

vl

Shadowfax
01-10-2003, 01:51 PM
I agree, maybe if you could explain how you see this connection in more detail, I would be able to see what you are trying to get at.