PDA

View Full Version : aliens?

thewayuwhisper
10-14-2003, 06:46 PM
I'm definitely aware that tool's songs are open to interpretation and different opinions. I can't help but think that 'Third Eye' is a description/dialouge of an alien encounter. This can be true if you can fathom that extraterestrial beings possess a higher level of consciousness than we do at this time. Just a thought.

fire engine
12-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Actually, I can see where you are coming from. I definitely get that eerie feeling when he starts on the line "shrouding all the ground around me is this holy crow above me". Could that be a reference to a UFO sighting?

"dreaming of that face again", an abduction? they usually happen at night

"black as holes within a memory", UFO encounters often involve what's known as "missing time"

"blue as our new second sun", definitely gives it a celestial setting

"So good to see you once again. I thought that you were hiding."
They may have come back, after the person being unable to reach them himself,

"Chasing a trail of smoke and reason", a person trying to reason them away? saying that it couldn't possibly be real?

Just some thoughts

synesthesia
12-27-2003, 09:16 PM
I think that pretty much every Tool song can be interpreted in many different ways. That's a good thing because we all have different intrepretations of them. It allows us to think for ourselves on the basic theme on the song. I think its very good to share these interpretations amonst ourselves. The alien thing is definately within the realms of possiblity, and it is very interesting to hear because I myself have never cam to that conclusion about this song. I'm gonna go ponder that thought for a while now. Good posting.

]thE*s0uRce[
12-27-2003, 09:25 PM
It's seems to be a drug induced encounter of an entity...reminds me of the DMT inspired face (on the black paper) in Alex Grey's Transfigurations.

Metamorphosis
01-02-2004, 04:59 AM
i think your theme is correct, but why must the encounter be an alien??? it could be a human encounter... i will post my own theory on this song soon, but im still clarifying my idea.

Another
05-17-2004, 05:28 AM
Interesting you mention that, I had an interesting experience while listening to the song once. I let the music take over... it was dark, my mind was giving me visuals, mostly random, that changed with the pace of the music, then at one stage (I cant remember when, the song was kind of a blur that night) everything went black and I envisioned "aliens"...
Now I’m not a believer in aliens, nor do I deny their existence, anything’s possible I figure. But what stood out for me is how clear the image came to me, clear and for those minutes, seconds , whatever they where there for, only the image and thoughts sorrouding it was all i could think of... my mind for that moment was clear from everything else. And at the time I was kind of at that half asleep stage, unaware of my surroundings, and at one with the music, and my thoughts (crazy as they may be).
Now they were standing there, 5 of them, and reminded me of my family... although not human. Well when the song finally finished I snapped back into reality (and sweating from the intense thoughts and visions I was having… hardcore stuff) ... and reflected on what a weird and unique experience I had just had...

I had no thought of Aliens for months before that event, last time I can remember is talking about the possibility of their existence while looking at the starts while having a few beers with mates…

And never have I thought myself, or read anything connecting aliens with third eye…
Its just bizarre I see it written here. It was a unique tool experience I wont forget, mainly cause everything made sense for a few seconds… the song ended and all was lost… except that image still remains in my mind today…

looT
06-06-2004, 07:35 PM
It's been written in many conspiracy theories that humans were derived from aliens. Linked to this theory would be the belief that these aliens lived on Mars, in the past. Supposedly they were God-fearing, and the 'proof' is the Cydonia monuments. Then came armageddon and Mars was no longer suited for life. So 'they' migrated to the Earth.

This would explain the mention of Dogma.

Also to do with this, is that aliens are always expressed as technologically advanced, and there are myths that ancient civilizations were more advanced than we are today (for example Atlantis).

This would explain the mention of "who I might have been".

This song could be suggesting that someone had an experience where he/she realised this fact to be true. That we really are derived from aliens. And when he/she sees them they get a nostalgic feeling, although not knowing why. Hence the confusion in the music.
Anyway, read the lyrics and try to factor in ancient civilzation, aliens and realisation of ourselves.

g-bay-be
06-07-2004, 01:30 PM
It's been written in many conspiracy theories that humans were derived from aliens. Linked to this theory would be the belief that these aliens lived on Mars, in the past. Supposedly they were God-fearing, and the 'proof' is the Cydonia monuments. Then came armageddon and Mars was no longer suited for life. So 'they' migrated to the Earth.

This would explain the mention of Dogma.

Also to do with this, is that aliens are always expressed as technologically advanced, and there are myths that ancient civilizations were more advanced than we are today (for example Atlantis).

This would explain the mention of "who I might have been".

This song could be suggesting that someone had an experience where he/she realised this fact to be true. That we really are derived from aliens. And when he/she sees them they get a nostalgic feeling, although not knowing why. Hence the confusion in the music.
Anyway, read the lyrics and try to factor in ancient civilzation, aliens and realisation of ourselves.

Whoa! its seems as though YOU TOO have read Bob Frissell's "nothing in this book is true but it's exactly how things are." Yes and another song on this cd, forty-six and 2, is also connected to this book. so to see the connection to this book once again does not surprise me. Hmm. how strange