PDA

View Full Version : Plz read this if You want to know about the true mental healing powers of tools songs

nick913
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Why do people always say things like, Oh this songs about anal sex, or that songs about when a mom has a baby. Guys Tool made most of their songs to be used as a way of healing yourself mentally. Hence the name tool "We are your Tool". look, evry1 has a part of your brain called your "shadow". The shadow as defined by Carl Jung, is the part of the subconscious brain that holds all the repressed and supressed memories of weaknesses and shortcomings in ones life. For example, your 11 years old, and you walk into class. the teacher is outside, and a few of the students are laughing at you because your clothes are weird or sumthing. They all procede to pick on u. One kid just walks up to u and smacks you in the face. now you have a choice of 2 things. you either embrace your anger and beat the shit out of whoevers picking on u, or you embrace your sadness and you just sit there taking the abuse.
Things like this eventually get put into your shadow. Any really traumatic experience in your life, including things that give you extreme guilt, shame , embarassment, regret; all these things eventually get put into your shadow. Now you may be skeptic to believe this, and why it would happen, but just picture this. look at yourself and your personality. Do you have a strong willpower, and stand up for yourself no matter what? or have u been called "soft" with "no backbone", and tend to be like this?. If the latter is true, then you my friend, have almost certainly been picked on alot. Now try to remember those exact times you got picked on. You might remember that you did get picked on alot, but you most certainly cant remember the exact event. That is because its in your shadow. Now listen to this line of 4 degrees.
"Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasure that noone has been 2" (locked up inside your shadow are the repressed memories of very embarassing, traumatizing experiences, whether its many girls rejecting you, getting constantly picked on, or even more fucked up shit). " Lets go digging, lets go digging (thru the shadow). Bring it out (repressed memories) and, take it back in (remember those memories, and live with them). Now this part proves wut im saying. "You wont do what you'd like to do/Wont feel wut you'd like to feel (you want to exercise your will, or ask gurls out, or even feel more attracted to gurls.. maybe you have E.D. whatever it is, you just cant do it, and you dont kno why), Lay back and let me show you another way!!!(This is where maynard explains that his music is going to be used to mentally heal urself, so you can have peace of mind, and the ability to do what you want to do) he says " Ill kill what you want me to (the part of your personality that makes you a "little bitch"), take whats left and eat it, TAKE ALL OR NOTHING, LIFES JUST TOO SHORT TO PUSH IT AWAY!!". Thats just one song which starts to explain the basis of this "healing through your shadow".
The whole basis of the healing that tools songs provides, is that you get into a very deep thinking state and try to remember whats in your shadow. When you remember whats in there, you do what you would have wanted to do then, and you live with that. For example, When i first figured this out, I was a complete bitch. People always seemed to push me around, and I had no willpower. I figured... you kno wut , lets remember the times in middle school when i wus picked on. So i got really high (being high is the only way i have ever been able to remember things in my shadow) listened to 46 and 2, and ended up remembering the time when this kid Matt picked on me in class. I remember he just walked up to me, and smacked me in the face. whole class started laughing. I couldn't remember that before I understood this shadow healing thing, but now i did, and while i remembered this event, I said "you kno wut dude, fuck that, Matt ur geting fucked uppp" and i did just that. In my mind, i beat the living shhytt out of matt after that, and as i did that, I could literally feel myself mentally healing. That event which had added to my having "no backbone" in my personality changed me. I then listened to the song eulogy. Look at the lyrics to that song, and use the context of the bully i have referred to in this essay. Make sense? Look, All tool songs from undertow-lateralus can be used to heal mentally. Undertow and aenima are the best for shadow healing.
Now i just want to point out a few more songs whose lyrics make perfect sense, when viewed under the opinion i have displayed. 46 and 2.. "I wanna feel the change consume me (healing your shadow),feel the outside, turning in (unconscious memories being transformed into conscious memories that dont bother you anymore), i wanna feel the metamorphasis and cleansing ive endured in my shadow (didnt i just say that?). My shadow. Change is coming thru my shadow.MY shadow, Shedding skin(remembering more and more repressed traumatizing memories, and being able to live with them), Ive been picking my scabs again..(old repressed traumatizing memories are likened to scabs, because they were great mental injuries, and now your revisiting them, with the intent of healing yourself.
Just read the lyrics of 46 and 2. He is literally explaining the process of how maynard went thru his shadow to heal himself.
With this in mind, You realize that this is pretty much psychotherapy in a song. Psychotherapy is very similar to this, and many of tools songs are meant to heal. Personally I know this from experience. I used to do horribly freshman year of college. That summer i healed my shadow completely, and since then, I have had absolute peace of mind. I regularly maintain myself mentally with different tool songs, and I have yet to meet a problem i couldnt conquer. With a 4.0 gpa 3 years straight now, and more pussy then I ever hoped to get (lol.. sry gurls out there =X) this has completely changed my life for the better. I Fucking luv You TOOL, even though u dont even give a shit that i exist... thank you so much for the healing music. Guys plz go out, read the lyrics to a few songs, with What i have said as a frame of reference. buy a little weed. Take 4 hours out of a night, and proceed to fix ur mind . :)
I will end this essay with a nifty little quote from a great song(the song you want to listen to right after you've fixed yourself, or come to any great kind of healing revelation). "Twirling round with this familiar parable, spinning weaving round each new experience, recognize this as a HOLY GIFT AND CELEBRATE THIS CHANCE TO BE ALIVE AND BREATHING!!"

Yast3r
09-10-2009, 12:46 PM
If you want me to read this, spell words properly and format it better.

nick913
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM

Dude its got some mispelled words, and it may not be formatted like an MLA essay, but I just knocked out 10 pages of work for my Writing class, and this is a much needed opinion break.. give it a chance, it will make sense to you i promise

infinitee
09-10-2009, 12:52 PM

nick913
09-10-2009, 12:55 PM

thx dude, but ya, i've wanted to share this for sometime now, im sure i could help someone heal with it, and if i help 1, and get shunned by 18 others, its a win

infinitee
09-10-2009, 01:48 PM
no shunning. I'm not, and sure others won't, read this if you have to decipher through "u's, evry1's, and noone's." That, and like Yast3r said, there is no format at all.

Yast3r
09-11-2009, 02:14 AM
I read this bit With a 4.0 gpa 3 years straight now, and more pussy then I ever hoped to get (lol.. sry gurls out there =X) this has completely changed my life for the better. I Fucking luv You TOOL, even though u dont even give a shit that i exist... thank you so much for the healing music. Guys plz go out, read the lyrics to a few songs, with What i have said as a frame of reference.

And decided the OP was an idiot.

Don't bother correcting your post, it's not worth reading anyways.

Inner_Eulogy
09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
lol, I would usually totally knock this but uh, while none of this is new news to the vast majority of us, I'm glad he at least "gets it".

Congrats on the school work dude, keep it up.

marcus
09-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Don't start the same thread in multiple sections.

Inner_Eulogy
09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
The Doggfather has spoken

slamminsalmon
09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
id like to read that, but is your return key broken?

edit plzy!

Inner_Eulogy
09-11-2009, 12:18 PM
id like to read that, but is your return key broken?

edit plzy!

Maybe he's just a paraplegic....

Rolo
09-11-2009, 01:10 PM
"Return" key is lost, blame Hofmann.

infinitee
09-11-2009, 06:43 PM
I think he's gone...

Damn...

lotus.
09-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Nine mile skid on a ten mile ride, hot as a pistol but cool inside.

infinitee
09-11-2009, 07:58 PM
no he's not, you silly

nick913
09-12-2009, 12:45 PM
no he's not, you silly

Damn, ok well I must say i'm new to any kind of tool forums. I wasn't aware that I had to actually post threads in exact proper english. Now that I am aware of how "advanced" some people on these threads believe themselves to be, it's going much different when I post in the future. On that note, Yea.. that's just a small glimpse of how much I "get it". Any of you guys in here familiar with Drunvalo Melchizedek, sacred geometry, or Merkaba meditation? I'm really hoping someone out there other then me even knows of the existence of such things.

nick913
09-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh and, the reason my being new to Tool forums is even important is because, before this, the only online writing i've ever really done was on myspace/facebook... You can imagine there aren't too many grammar police while we discuss college parties.. so even though it seems all the other intellectuals here have no "branded" me as a complete dumbass, i would still like to level with all of you on a deep-thinking level.. god knows there are sum stupid people on this planet... hard to find people around my campus that even think past "yo dude lets get drunk, high and do illegal shit"

nick913
09-12-2009, 12:53 PM
and my keyboard sucks on this 6 yr-old laptop.. missing a few letters here and there... maybe ill release a rosetta-stone (less-than-mediocre keyboards edition) for all you guys out there, that are now under the impression that English is a second language to me. I have a green card I swear..

infinitee
09-12-2009, 01:00 PM
shut up

Roopey
09-13-2009, 01:27 AM
You know, just about everyone on these forums is a fucking douche. Sure the guy might not be up to speed on everything, but he does have a glimpse of whats going on, and helping him along his path wouldn't hurt any of you. I've been lurking for a little while now, and I'm sick of how you all treat people who aren't where you all think you are. Maybe it just takes longer to catch total assholes like all of you. Fuck...

On a helpful note, Jung talks more about the collective unconscious more than he does repressed memories. The collective unconscious is universal and hold much more than just your personal unconscious. Lateralus and 10,000 Days were albums where Maynard illuminated a lot of aspects of the collective unconscious to all of us. There is a lot of reading to do by and on Jung. Your on the right track, but there is so much more. Keep going...

lotus.
09-13-2009, 01:37 AM
You know, just about everyone on these forums is a fucking douche. Sure the guy might not be up to speed on everything, but he does have a glimpse of whats going on, and helping him along his path wouldn't hurt any of you. I've been lurking for a little while now, and I'm sick of how you all treat people who aren't where you all think you are. Maybe it just takes longer to catch total assholes like all of you. Fuck...

On a helpful note, Jung talks more about the collective unconscious more than he does repressed memories. The collective unconscious is universal and hold much more than just your personal unconscious. Lateralus and 10,000 Days were albums where Maynard illuminated a lot of aspects of the collective unconscious to all of us. There is a lot of reading to do by and on Jung. Your on the right track, but there is so much more. Keep going...

Good post Roopey.

09-13-2009, 01:38 AM
I am not a big fan of Jung but it was great hearing how you have adopted and interpreted tool songs.

When you said you just need 4 hours and some weed to "fix" your mind by listening some songs - kind of sounds a bit unthoughtful but I guess I can see how it would work as a positive spark every now and then.

lotus.
09-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Here nick913, I broke up your post into paragraphs because I'm bored and when people here (including me) see a gigantic post with no paragraph breaks it causes a stir.

Why do people always say things like, Oh this songs about anal sex, or that songs about when a mom has a baby. Guys Tool made most of their songs to be used as a way of healing yourself mentally. Hence the name tool "We are your Tool". look, evry1 has a part of your brain called your "shadow". The shadow as defined by Carl Jung, is the part of the subconscious brain that holds all the repressed and supressed memories of weaknesses and shortcomings in ones life. For example, your 11 years old, and you walk into class. the teacher is outside, and a few of the students are laughing at you because your clothes are weird or sumthing. They all procede to pick on u. One kid just walks up to u and smacks you in the face. now you have a choice of 2 things. you either embrace your anger and beat the shit out of whoevers picking on u, or you embrace your sadness and you just sit there taking the abuse.

Things like this eventually get put into your shadow. Any really traumatic experience in your life, including things that give you extreme guilt, shame , embarassment, regret; all these things eventually get put into your shadow. Now you may be skeptic to believe this, and why it would happen, but just picture this. look at yourself and your personality. Do you have a strong willpower, and stand up for yourself no matter what? or have u been called "soft" with "no backbone", and tend to be like this?. If the latter is true, then you my friend, have almost certainly been picked on alot. Now try to remember those exact times you got picked on. You might remember that you did get picked on alot, but you most certainly cant remember the exact event. That is because its in your shadow. Now listen to this line of 4 degrees.

"Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasure that noone has been 2" (locked up inside your shadow are the repressed memories of very embarassing, traumatizing experiences, whether its many girls rejecting you, getting constantly picked on, or even more fucked up shit). " Lets go digging, lets go digging (thru the shadow). Bring it out (repressed memories) and, take it back in (remember those memories, and live with them). Now this part proves wut im saying. "You wont do what you'd like to do/Wont feel wut you'd like to feel (you want to exercise your will, or ask gurls out, or even feel more attracted to gurls.. maybe you have E.D. whatever it is, you just cant do it, and you dont kno why), Lay back and let me show you another way!!!(This is where maynard explains that his music is going to be used to mentally heal urself, so you can have peace of mind, and the ability to do what you want to do) he says " Ill kill what you want me to (the part of your personality that makes you a "little bitch"), take whats left and eat it, TAKE ALL OR NOTHING, LIFES JUST TOO SHORT TO PUSH IT AWAY!!". Thats just one song which starts to explain the basis of this "healing through your shadow".

The whole basis of the healing that tools songs provides, is that you get into a very deep thinking state and try to remember whats in your shadow. When you remember whats in there, you do what you would have wanted to do then, and you live with that. For example, When i first figured this out, I was a complete bitch. People always seemed to push me around, and I had no willpower. I figured... you kno wut , lets remember the times in middle school when i wus picked on. So i got really high (being high is the only way i have ever been able to remember things in my shadow) listened to 46 and 2, and ended up remembering the time when this kid Matt picked on me in class. I remember he just walked up to me, and smacked me in the face. whole class started laughing. I couldn't remember that before I understood this shadow healing thing, but now i did, and while i remembered this event, I said "you kno wut dude, fuck that, Matt ur geting fucked uppp" and i did just that. In my mind, i beat the living shhytt out of matt after that, and as i did that, I could literally feel myself mentally healing. That event which had added to my having "no backbone" in my personality changed me. I then listened to the song eulogy. Look at the lyrics to that song, and use the context of the bully i have referred to in this essay. Make sense? Look, All tool songs from undertow-lateralus can be used to heal mentally. Undertow and aenima are the best for shadow healing.

Now i just want to point out a few more songs whose lyrics make perfect sense, when viewed under the opinion i have displayed. 46 and 2.. "I wanna feel the change consume me (healing your shadow),feel the outside, turning in (unconscious memories being transformed into conscious memories that dont bother you anymore), i wanna feel the metamorphasis and cleansing ive endured in my shadow (didnt i just say that?). My shadow. Change is coming thru my shadow.MY shadow, Shedding skin(remembering more and more repressed traumatizing memories, and being able to live with them), Ive been picking my scabs again..(old repressed traumatizing memories are likened to scabs, because they were great mental injuries, and now your revisiting them, with the intent of healing yourself. Just read the lyrics of 46 and 2. He is literally explaining the process of how maynard went thru his shadow to heal himself.

With this in mind, You realize that this is pretty much psychotherapy in a song. Psychotherapy is very similar to this, and many of tools songs are meant to heal. Personally I know this from experience. I used to do horribly freshman year of college. That summer i healed my shadow completely, and since then, I have had absolute peace of mind. I regularly maintain myself mentally with different tool songs, and I have yet to meet a problem i couldnt conquer. With a 4.0 gpa 3 years straight now, and more pussy then I ever hoped to get (lol.. sry gurls out there =X) this has completely changed my life for the better. I Fucking luv You TOOL, even though u dont even give a shit that i exist... thank you so much for the healing music. Guys plz go out, read the lyrics to a few songs, with What i have said as a frame of reference. buy a little weed. Take 4 hours out of a night, and proceed to fix ur mind . :)

I will end this essay with a nifty little quote from a great song(the song you want to listen to right after you've fixed yourself, or come to any great kind of healing revelation). "Twirling round with this familiar parable, spinning weaving round each new experience, recognize this as a HOLY GIFT AND CELEBRATE THIS CHANCE TO BE ALIVE AND BREATHING!!"

nick913
09-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Here nick913, I broke up your post into paragraphs because I'm bored and when people here (including me) see a gigantic post with no paragraph breaks it causes a stir.

Thanks alot dude, and thank you guys who aren't being complete assholes, good to know at least some people out there can see where i'm coming from. On another note, WOW that is soo badass that there are other people out there that are into this kinda stuff, i'm so stoked now to see what cool shit I might be able to learn from these forums. I always thought I was the one dude that knew about this kinda stuff, because all the people i've ever heard talking about Tool, just said bullcrap nonsense.

Anyways, what are your guys view on 2012 then? You think the world will actually transform into unity consciousness??

Roopey
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I have my doubts. It just doesn't seem like the human race isn't even close to achieving such an enlightened task.

nick913
09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I have my doubts. It just doesn't seem like the human race isn't even close to achieving such an enlightened task.

Ya I know... I mean all these people flamed me for not knowing as much as they did about sacred geometry, etc.. yet if you truly know of these things, You know that there is just 1 god, and 1 reality... and to try and harm people, instead of helping them on a path of enlightenment?... that proves that none of you are ready to live in a unity consciousness state.. If you think you've reached your higher self this way, its probably just your lower self tricking you..

lotus.
09-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I believe that we already have a unity of consciousnesses, we just don't fully understand it or know how to use it yet. I truly think that group meditation can tap into your inner consciousness and if everyone is all in the same state of mind and plane of though then we are on our way to understanding more about an unknown force (energy) that is all around us. That force connects at least everyone on our planet (and our universe).

Rolo
09-13-2009, 12:50 PM

Lotus... our saviour...

mcnadd
09-13-2009, 05:17 PM
4 degrees, as most of tools songs, were built to be interpreted by different people in different ways. it can be considered to mainly be about dominance, but whenever i listen to it, i hear maynard talking about a dmt trip. if your interested ill state my case but im not going to do all the work quoting it right now. but one thing that ive noticed most people talking about is how the lyrics are the major healing force, but for me i see the textures created by the rest of the band playing a huge part of that as well. the constant transitions between periods of extreme passion to expression of the harder parts of the songs is in my opinion the unsung hero in helping us subconsiously go through our "shadows"

MJ420
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM
It looks like the Albums section has turned into the Bin. It's true that the post is difficult to read. I'm not saying you may not have valid points, but I didn't read the whole thing so I really don't know.

I believe the majority of Tool songs are about mental healing and shit, but maybe you're reading into some of them too deeply.

Inner_Eulogy
09-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Damn, ok well I must say i'm new to any kind of tool forums. I wasn't aware that I had to actually post threads in exact proper english. Now that I am aware of how "advanced" some people on these threads believe themselves to be, it's going much different when I post in the future. On that note, Yea.. that's just a small glimpse of how much I "get it". Any of you guys in here familiar with Drunvalo Melchizedek, sacred geometry, or Merkaba meditation? I'm really hoping someone out there other then me even knows of the existence of such things.

I'm sure plenty of people are, although, I can only speak for myself.

Inner_Eulogy
09-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Anyways, what are your guys view on 2012 then? You think the world will actually transform into unity consciousness??

I'm truly on the fence mah' man. Same goes for ghosts and aliens, etc. I'm completely intrigued by all these facets, however, I still retain a bit of skeptism because I have yet to see either. The Mayan calendar, however, provides a bit more historical facts and proven timelines than what's close for comfort. I have no idea whether there will be enlightenment, the end of the world or anything at all but I don't suppose there's a damn thing we can do anyways except start building underground bases to survive. Me...I'll probably take the day off, smoke a bowl, crack open a beer and sit outside just waiting......

Inner_Eulogy
09-14-2009, 10:31 AM
I personally think the "doomsday proficies" (the few historical ones I've actually heard) are simply to get us questioning things. I seriously doubt anything will actually affect the well being of the planet.

I had a reassuring thought while watching yet another show about 2012 on History or National Geographic. "The anti-christ", presented in the bible, is supposed to be a great authority figure that deceives a great number of people. As 2012 is approaching, and more and more people are buying into these things, there is a very good side effect that may occur. The masses will hopefully start questioning all authority figures, and realize our society sucks and is due to crumble. Slowly, people will start to think for themselves. Hence, "a new way of thinking". Maybe we will all start to work together, and eventually achieve "Heaven on Earth". It will essentially be the "doomsday", as the fabric of our society will crumble, and new life will emerge from the "ruins". Whether it be perfect "unity consciousness", or just simply peace among men, it's really one and the same. I do believe this was the intention of many profits.

Maybe I didn't word that the best, but just try to draw all the similarities between the different predictions and stuff. I don't think it's really pointing to mass extinction or anything, but I do think it will lead to extraordinary changes begining sometime around 2012.

Let's hope you're right. I've also watched many shows on this, it's kind of scary how accurate the rest of their predictions have been. And like you said, it may not even be something immediate that day that's even noticable, it may just be the day the snowflake lands on the edge of that hill as it gradually grows on the way down.

Although, I must admit, there has been more and more changes in the weather patterns and natural disasters in these last maybe 7yrs then ever recorded, and it seems to be growing.

Another theory that ties into my last comment is the scientific fact that we are currently going through a pole shift which could very well be causing these natural disasters and changes due to the changes in earth magnetism. Another theory that "may" also tie into this is the fact that scientists have claimed that around this same exact time of 12/21/2012 that our planet will be at it's closest point the the center of the universe than ever and if this is true (or perhaps it was a perfect alignment with the center of the universe, can't remember), who knows what that could mean, perhaps the straw that breaks the camel's back with the pole shift or perhaps a super-massive black hole; maybe a combination of things that leads to extreme solar flares from the sun scorching the earth.

*sigh*....only time will tell

09-14-2009, 12:26 PM

Nothing will happen.

And if happens, its just pure coincidence :)

Rolo
09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
It looks like the Albums section has turned into the Bin.

And who's alias are you?

nick913
09-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Ok, well ever since I've become fascinated with what could happen on 2012, I did alota research. Alot of stuff just sounded like bullcrap, but This dude I know sent me a link on youtube... guys plzz check this out. Take an hour out of your life to just watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq3s0u73Oes&feature=PlayList&p=0C40AD6B9D1F95B8&index=0&playnext=1

I mean i'll admit even the least skeptic of people out there will doubt anything this dudes saying for the first 10-15 minutes, but if you keep watching, You'll start to see more and more how this makes total sense. Its not just the ramblings of one man, its the Whole Mayan council alive today...Ever since reading this video, I watched a video on sacred geometry by this dude. And my life has just been changed completely. I actually activated my merkaba field, and just wow....

infinitee
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Another theory that ties into my last comment is the scientific fact that we are currently going through a pole shift which could very well be causing these natural disasters and changes due to the changes in earth magnetism. Another theory that "may" also tie into this is the fact that scientists have claimed that around this same exact time of 12/21/2012 that our planet will be at it's closest point the the center of the universe than ever and if this is true (or perhaps it was a perfect alignment with the center of the universe, can't remember), who knows what that could mean, perhaps the straw that breaks the camel's back with the pole shift or perhaps a super-massive black hole; maybe a combination of things that leads to extreme solar flares from the sun scorching the earth.

stoll my post.

That's the only really compelling thing that I've heard about 2012.

I joke about it all the time, and when I do, it scares people. everytime.

I'm on the fence with you on this one. But, there had to be some reason that the Mayans stopped their calender on that day.

09-15-2009, 12:14 AM
This is a full cycle that the Maynard recorded. It did not "mysteriously end" on this date

tool summer tour *FIX*

09-15-2009, 12:30 AM
There is substantial evidence pointing to something happening on December 21, 2009. However, I've yet to see any evidence that really suggests, in my mind, a physical cataclysmic event. Many are searching for such things, thus, they will start to find consistencies that suggest something of that nature. This is true of virtually anything. If you go digging for treasure, you're likely to pull up a few shiny rocks that lead you to believe there's something to find under there.

I agree

Inner_Eulogy
09-15-2009, 05:22 AM
There is substantial evidence pointing to something happening on December 21, 2009. However, I've yet to see any evidence that really suggests, in my mind, a physical cataclysmic event. Many are searching for such things, thus, they will start to find consistencies that suggest something of that nature. This is true of virtually anything. If you go digging for treasure, you're likely to pull up a few shiny rocks that lead you to believe there's something to find under there.

The Mayan Calendar, among other sources, suggests that on this date, the Sun will eclipse the Black Hole at center of the (our) Milky Way Galaxy. There is a lot of evidence to support this. There is, however, no evidence that I've heard that suggests this will have [i]any[i/] impact whatsoever on our planet. This is a full cycle that the Mayans recorded. It did not "mysteriously end" on this date

god damn it i willcontinue this later

Well, the one thing you're wrong about about that their calendar does end on that date. Nonetheless, I'm not sure if you're arguing my point or simply adding to the discussion because as I said before, I'm not saying it's true or not and my stance is in the middle.

lotus.
09-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Nothing will happen.

And if happens, its just pure coincidence :)

I am in agreeance with you 0.618. As much as I would like to believe this prophecy, in my gut it's telling me that this isn't going to happen.

But hopefully I will win the lottery on 12/21/2012 and I will share it with all my friends in rl and on tdn.

nick913
09-16-2009, 06:30 AM
In the 6th section of the video, he mentions that Edward Cayce predicted the pole shifts.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/historychannel/cayce7prophecies2.asp

This sounds so eerily similar to Nothing in this Book is True, But it's Exactly the Way Things Are. More evidence? or does it just mean that this is where Drunvalo got this information?

nahh dude, drunvalo is like the main authority on this kinda stuff. He also got alot of the information on this stuff from the actual council of mayan elders. They supposedly havent spoken a single word since the 1500's, so that means that everything our modern world thinks they know about Mayan civilization is just speculation from people from outside their cultures.

Inner_Eulogy
09-16-2009, 09:23 AM
In the 6th section of the video, he mentions that Edward Cayce predicted the pole shifts.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/historychannel/cayce7prophecies2.asp

This sounds so eerily similar to Nothing in this Book is True, But it's Exactly the Way Things Are. More evidence? or does it just mean that this is where Drunvalo got this information?

Well, if you read that book, you'd know that most of it is based on Drunvalo's beliefs.

Inner_Eulogy
09-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm actually pretty damn positive that's where he got it.

That's basically exactly what I just said.

nick913
09-17-2009, 01:47 PM
That's basically exactly what I just said.

0o0o start a flame war!!. they're so fun to watch. Now that I know that's what these forums really are. What happens when a bunch of intellectuals that try to prove that they're right and everyone else is wrong get together to discuss topics all based on opinion? You get The United Nations.

What happens when you get exactly what I wrote about above happens, except they're not really intellectuals; more like people who think they are and feel they must prove themselves through winning an opinion war. Well folks, That right there is the Toolnavy.com forums. ;).

I just wish we could all get along and discuss the glory that is Tool, more often. I'm sure there is one thread that consists of this. Even if it only does have two posts..

Inner_Eulogy
09-18-2009, 06:44 AM
0o0o start a flame war!!. they're so fun to watch. Now that I know that's what these forums really are. What happens when a bunch of intellectuals that try to prove that they're right and everyone else is wrong get together to discuss topics all based on opinion? You get The United Nations.

What happens when you get exactly what I wrote about above happens, except they're not really intellectuals; more like people who think they are and feel they must prove themselves through winning an opinion war. Well folks, That right there is the Toolnavy.com forums. ;).

I just wish we could all get along and discuss the glory that is Tool, more often. I'm sure there is one thread that consists of this. Even if it only does have two posts..

Ya' know, you could always delete your account and go back to knitting sweaters and molesting innocent kittens

marcus
09-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Ya' know, you could always go back on probation for bin posting in the albums section.

I'm not going to tell you again.

Inner_Eulogy
09-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Ya' know, you could always go back on probation for bin posting in the albums section.

I'm not going to tell you again.

We were talking on topic

Lateralareallofus
09-20-2009, 01:30 PM

Not everyone here rabbles on and strike down others' ideas. Sift through the muck because there is a lot of interesting stuff discussed on this site despite most members attempts to halt any intellectual brain activity. I found what you wrote about digging through the shadow fascinating. I have done very little psychotherapy, but i know that it has great healing potential. Keep up the positive posts

Spookedbull
10-28-2009, 06:07 AM

Hell yeaaaaaaaaaa.