PDA

View Full Version : Synths and equip.

Edman
10-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Noticing a few posters here and there that are in to synths. Anyone care to discuss what equipment they use? Right now, I use Fruity Loops3 to make all my electronica, but I'm saving up for a Novation KS4 Synth. I'm thinking either a sequencer or drum machine after that, but who knows.

GernBlanston
10-12-2003, 06:25 PM
i've used Reason 2.0 some. but i'm in no way a guru with that stuff. Reason kicks ass though, i think i would definitely buy 2.5 if i had the money floating around. the only other synth i've tried is fruity loops and its a dope program for how lightweight it is. Reason is pretty massive in scope but there's a lot of shit that you can do with it, aside from recording. thats where pro tools comes in handy. i have yet to get good at any software recording / composing / authoring program, so i'm not the guy to ask with all the technical questions you people may have about this stuff.

Edman
10-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Think I posted this a little while back.

www.vintagesynths.com

Need to know something 'boot synths. Come here.

Paladin
10-13-2003, 05:10 AM
I use modified Casio sk-1's. modified Pss-130. 2 Yamaha drum machines (one modified). Miscelanious modified devices. Fruityloops3 (shouldn't count as a synth...but oh well...)
yepp,

Edman
10-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I've seen your modification work. Christ, that's amazing. Post some links to it here for my and other's benefit. Tell me, how did you do that, too?

YURAKAPTIV
10-16-2003, 07:20 AM
Roland XP-60,Roland Fantom-V,Roland D2,Korg microKorg,Boss Br1180-cd,Behringer 1124 processor,Behringer B2 condesnser mic,Gemini Xl-500 turntables.I'm fixing to trade in my Br1180 recorder and I have new laptop so I'm gonna trade to a recorder that hooks up to my laptop so I'll have a bigger screen to look at and be able to use ProTools.Its hard to visualze all the patterns and put them in order when your looking at a small screen with no color.Especailly when you start getting into using like 20 tracks its almost impossible.