View Full Version : God alone writes you right in two

RCombs
08-15-2009, 06:03 PM
The chorus lyrics are listed as:

"Gotta divide it all right in two. "

That is simply wrong. The chorus is actually:

"God alone writes you right in two."

and,

"God alone writes you, God alone writes you, God alone writes you...Right in Two."

You're Welcome.

Hodge
08-15-2009, 10:19 PM
no.

lotus.
08-16-2009, 03:30 AM
I listened to it 3 times in a row just now, had to dust off the cd haha, but I think it sounds more like what you're saying RCombs than what the lyrics are listed do.
Go(o)d job.

Let the debate begin. This would make a good poll imo.

Esurient4Truth
08-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Aren't the official lyrics out?

::spoiler::

Carny_Handles
08-16-2009, 12:33 PM
what the fk would "god alone writes you right in two" mean?

I agree that the "official lyrics" are wrong though. It wouldn't be the first time either.

marcus
08-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I also can't imagine he would really say the word "god" in a song, but maybe that's just me.

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me,
like me.

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me.
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My God's will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.

marcus
08-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father* give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys
Where there's one you're bound to divide it right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason,
And this is what they choose?

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys.
Give them thumbs, they forge a blade,
And where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys.
Give them thumbs, they make a club to beat their brother down.
How they've survived so misguided is a mystery.
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability
To lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Gotta divide it all right in two.

Fight till they die over sun, over sky,
They fight till they die over sea, over air,
They fight till they die over blood, over love,
They fight till they die over words, polarizing.

Angels on the sideline again,
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again,
Wondering where this tug of war will end.

Gotta divide it all right in two.

I would say the word God fits right in to that song.

lotus.
08-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I wish I had the 17 band equalizer for my home stereo here to try and filter down the bass, guitar and drums to hear the lyrics more clearly with my headphones on.

Hmm, I'm going to play around with my computers equalizer and do some more listens, with the headphones on. Because It sure sounds like "God alone writes you, God alone writes you, God alone writes you...Right in Two" to me.

Personally when it first came out I thought that it was "Cut it all right in two", but it's obviously not that.

It does fit like marcus said, and it could be a mockery of "God" is what I'm starting to think. It's interesting when a band does this to you and makes you think and look deeper into how the song fits together and the meaning of it all.

Hodge
08-16-2009, 03:17 PM
at 3:40

if you guys seriously hear "writes you right in two" you guys are retarded

Yast3r
08-16-2009, 03:21 PM
at 3:40

if you guys seriously hear "writes you right in two" you guys are retarded

And on top of that, it doesn't make any fucking sense.

marcus
08-17-2009, 10:24 AM
All religions have a God or Gods. I don't think that the word God would pin it down more than the words Father, Angels, Heaven, and Eden.

Inner_Eulogy
08-18-2009, 08:54 AM

and,

"God alone writes you, God alone writes you, God alone writes you...Right in Two."

You're Welcome.

LOL....yeaahhh, that's it

Angel on the Sideline
10-21-2009, 04:54 AM

and,

You're Welcome.

Somebody has been spending too much time in that biblical "creation museum" in Northern Kentucky that says dinosaurs never roamed the Earth and the planet is only 6,000 years old. I bet Maynard got these lyrics off a bathroom stall there ...

base metal
10-21-2009, 07:55 AM
I can totally hear it.

nah. i'm sticking with 'gotta divide it all"

if you keep listening for something else, you'll hear it because the vocal track was manipulated by aliens and lsd.

they're were just playing tricks on the mind

infinitee
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Nice bump

not

Rolo
10-22-2009, 04:15 AM
How many call it God? That'd kind of what I meant when I said "hinting at it". I guess it's possible that the song says it, I'm just saying, I don't think Maynard would write this particular song like that. But I guess it's just my opinion.

Hey Irisu.

Pick any name you want. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God)

10-22-2009, 08:59 AM
good threafd

RiseToYourHalo
10-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Somebody has been spending too much time in that biblical "creation museum" in Northern Kentucky that says dinosaurs never roamed the Earth and the planet is only 6,000 years old. I bet Maynard got these lyrics off a bathroom stall there ...

Could be the same stall where Maynard met the snake that was looking to turn his piss to wine. He does mention a mirror.

Angel on the Sideline
10-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Could be the same stall where Maynard met the snake that was looking to turn his piss to wine. He does mention a mirror.

Good call. I think we're on to something here. You think he also met the hooker with the penis in that stall? Sounds like some gnarly shit is going down in that museum.

Inner_Eulogy
10-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Good call. I think we're on to something here. You think he also met the hooker with the penis in that stall? Sounds like some gnarly shit is going down in that museum.

Must be the same hooker that was being fisted shoulder deep into her borderline while being rrrrrrrReally fuckin' high on drugs

Michał
10-23-2009, 08:34 AM
And after he did his job, he was not ignorant to the damage done. Brown was then his colour. And he thought "The only way to fix it is to flush it all away". But he couldn't push the flusher and thought "Mum please flush it all away". In this very moment some guy opened the door. Noticing Maynard was inside, the man said "take care not to make me enter!" But Maynard replied: "Point that fuckin finger up your ass". The guy got angry, and with scream "Learn to swim" he pushed Maynard towards the toilet. Maynard was impressed. "Current mouth below me opens up around me". Then he woke up from his slumber in his ditch. "Seems I've been slipping into a dream that's not a dream". "Why can't we not be sober?"

Inner_Eulogy
10-23-2009, 10:03 AM
And after he did his job, he was not ignorant to the damage done. Brown was then his colour. And he thought "The only way to fix it is to flush it all away". But he couldn't push the flusher and thought "Mum please flush it all away". In this very moment some guy opened the door. Noticing Maynard was inside, the man said "take care not to make me enter!" But Maynard replied: "Point that fuckin finger up your ass". The guy got angry, and with scream "Learn to swim" he pushed Maynard towards the toilet. Maynard was impressed. "Current mouth below me opens up around me". Then he woke up from his slumber in his ditch. "Seems I've been slipping into a dream that's not a dream". "Why can't we not be sober?"

Uhhhh.....whut?

Michał
10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Well I thought RiseToYourHalo begun, and it continued (including Your post) and I went on from that point.. making Maynard's Stall Story.
It reminded me of the Tool Quote Talks I did a lot of times with my friend who is also a Tool fan :)
If it is not funny at all - my bad.
At least finally got a reply :)
BTW. Let's make a Tool cover band and name it "TOLO" :D

RiseToYourHalo
10-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Holy crap, for real. Those teabaggers will come full circle eventually.

Yast3r
10-25-2009, 03:38 PM

How about we make a cover band and name it "How the hell is that supposed to be funny?" :D

Inner_Eulogy
10-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Well I thought RiseToYourHalo begun, and it continued (including Your post) and I went on from that point.. making Maynard's Stall Story.
It reminded me of the Tool Quote Talks I did a lot of times with my friend who is also a Tool fan :)
If it is not funny at all - my bad.
At least finally got a reply :)

Um, yeah, I know what it was you were doing....problem is that is was just flat out horrible and over done.