PDA

View Full Version : My art

GregoryWohlwend
12-10-2002, 05:03 PM
I know i have a section in Lateralus artwork, but this being a new section for the posting of art influenced by Tool i think this is a better place for it. The admins can feel free to close my post in Lateralus>artwork by me.

Here is the link to my newest gallery which i would like to open discussion on.

http://wu.sw0bes.com/Gallery4.htm

I'll be back to talk with you all about it if any of you respond.

chewy
12-10-2002, 10:44 PM
excellent. thats good art. seems like you put a lot of thought into it. good stuff.

darken
12-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Wow, that is great work! What programs do you create the art with?

GregoryWohlwend
12-11-2002, 03:42 PM
i use photoshop 6.0

i'd appreciate discussion about subject matter or what you like or don't like, here is a specific piece that would be good for discussion

http://wu.sw0bes.com/calendar.htm

let me know what you think, interpret and feel.

J1516
12-11-2002, 06:02 PM
I'm looking at your love and hate drawing. I like it. I really like how you make love look so similar to hate, except it lookes extremely different.
And K9 Chronography. The first word that poped into my mind was lucid.
Psilocybin Re-Animation Sanction seems kind of pretentious, and I don't like the picture of the kid in there. But it looksnice and you've got good style.
Actually it all seems realy pretentous but so are a lot of my favorite bands, so as long as you keep making good pictures I can't complain.

GregoryWohlwend
12-12-2002, 01:20 AM
I see what you are saying about the figure of the kid in there, i never saw that until you brought it up. thanks for your comments J1516.

I'm currently working on some new style type work, it should be done by the end of next week, and may incorporate text, but we'll see.

Ahnijson_films
12-13-2002, 02:43 AM
I love when people express themselves creatively, whether they do it well or not is irrelevant.
Fortunately for the eyes, I find your work quite good. My favorite thing I think is the fact that your entire webpage was like working art... each link to get to one piece of art was really it's own seperate piece of art. That really adds to it I think. I'm not sure if you've heard of this website, www.happypencil.com ... it's the work of Cam DeLeon, the artist for TooL before Alex Grey came along. He did the artwork for the t-shirts such as "I.C.U" and the picture "gnats", et cetera. I bring this website up because, although the artwork isn't really similar at all, I think it would be something you could appriciate. It's mostly done using computer, and the website itself is a big working piece of art, one big "painting" if you will, that is really a machine. It's neat, and similar to the way you have done yours. Just thought it might give a little extra inspiration and such.
Cheers

GregoryWohlwend
12-13-2002, 04:08 PM
i love cam's work and have been going to that site for a while now. I especially love his work with make-up, it opened my eyes that make up could be a way of expression rather than just beautifying those shallow bitches called movie stars. His site is eons ahead and i could only hope to aspire to learn flash and create something so intriguing as cam has done, he is definately one of my favorite artists of today. thank you for your comments everyone,

here is a taste of the new gallery i will be putting up, i'm not sure about the text being on the image, but we'll see

http://wu.sw0bes.com/eyeofthebeholder.htm

let me know what you think of the poem or the image or the work as a whole.

YGOfvn
12-13-2002, 11:05 PM
I think the poem on the side really does go good with the picture, although visually it kinda takes some of it away. The free form of the poem is very interesting... like little sentence chunks than actuall things you have to think about too much, a lot like the art itself.

good stuff, yeah.