glasz77
10-11-2003, 11:32 AM
I hope you don't hate it though.
Its called "Color Coded Terrorist Threats"

Its a political, current events type song
and I think you guys will like it

here's the site addy;

http://angelfire.com/emo/glasz

Sign my guestbook please, I love the feedback.

Thanks

deviatedwolf625
10-11-2003, 01:04 PM
*votes for the dislike*

Very very very crappy recording, and your singing leaves much to be desired, IMHO. Also doesn't seem very original to me, but *shrug*

glasz77
10-11-2003, 02:43 PM
*votes for the dislike*

Very very very crappy recording, and your singing leaves much to be desired, IMHO. Also doesn't seem very original to me, but *shrug*

Well I will agree that the recording is crappy I'm using a peice of shit recording device, but its what I could afford.
So thats about the only place I can agree with you on.

I think, and of course I'm biased, your out of your mind

I don't know how you can listen and not see that I have more original things going on in my music then most bands see in their life, Unless of course your cave man driven in the music that you listen to (i.e. you need a man screaming at you about the same tired shit) Maybe thats what you call original

As for my singing... girls usually dig me more then guys So thats cool if you don't like it

I don't mind when people don't like my stuff. You can't get everyone to dig your sound, but the way you came across was "IMHO" narrow minded but mostly just rude. I doubt you heard any of the other songs before you made that statement. Tell me you can write something better then my song "Crush" I doubt it. Or what about my symphony..Yea that's right I said Symphony heres the link if you think I'm bull shitting

http://www.tragick.net/Artists_RobertMichael_PLAE.asp
Try to tell me that sucks.

I read your other post about what you should ask your parents to get you...

And then you started listing all the musical pieces of equipment that were options..well from that I could tell that you were a "gear head musician'" Those usually are really technical people with no depth what so ever. Its all about technique and little, if any, about true substance. I usually don;t even bother with them cause there's really no musical hope for gear heads.
They usually end up teaching guitar lessons, cause you know what they say about teachers...
Those that can't do it, teach it.

Dirty Sanchez
10-11-2003, 07:35 PM
I don't mind when people don't like my stuff.

I think you do...

Elgyn
10-11-2003, 08:15 PM
If I hadn't read you defend your music before I listened to the song I might have approached it in a different way, but you made some pretty big calls about your music, and I'm afraid it doesn't live up to it.

I don't know how you can listen and not see that I have more original things going on in my music then most bands see in their life, Unless of course your cave man driven in the music that you listen to (i.e. you need a man screaming at you about the same tired shit)

Well, it wasn't a bad song. Its not what I'd choose to listen to, but its not bad. Perhaps I'm just accustomed to "instant gratification" from music, but I tend to think instant gratification is better than no gratification, which is what I got from your song.

"If you can't take the criticism, you don't deserve the credit."

Just to give you a fair go, I listened to Crush as you suggested, and I really liked it. This is a far more original song than color, and I like it a lot more. I generally get into the string arrangements, and you've done it quite well in this case.

deviatedwolf625 could have been a little less brutal in his judgement, but you could also have been a little less brutal in your response. It seems a little hypocritical of you to call him rude, if you're going to bash him back.

Sometimes you get a good thing, sometimes you don't...

glasz77
10-12-2003, 08:04 AM
If I hadn't read you defend your music before I listened to the song I might have approached it in a different way, but you made some pretty big calls about your music, and I'm afraid it doesn't live up to it.

Well, it wasn't a bad song. Its not what I'd choose to listen to, but its not bad. Perhaps I'm just accustomed to "instant gratification" from music, but I tend to think instant gratification is better than no gratification, which is what I got from your song.

"If you can't take the criticism, you don't deserve the credit."

Just to give you a fair go, I listened to Crush as you suggested, and I really liked it. This is a far more original song than color, and I like it a lot more. I generally get into the string arrangements, and you've done it quite well in this case.

deviatedwolf625 could have been a little less brutal in his judgement, but you could also have been a little less brutal in your response. It seems a little hypocritical of you to call him rude, if you're going to bash him back.

Sometimes you get a good thing, sometimes you don't...

I know I probably shouldn't have reponded with the same type of attitude
that pissed me off in the first place, call me immature.

Anyway, as for taking criticism, I don't mind it at all. I learn from it
But when someone is just being rude, well that pisses me off Cause there isn't any point in that.

Your comments the good ones and the bad ones were uselful, they were constructive.
The kid was just being an asshole And I've never been one to back down from an asshole
Anyway thank you for your feedback it was useful and constructive did you get a chance to listen to PLAE?
its classical though, so you have to be into classical music.
I put the link in my second post of this thread.
anyway thanks for listening I know you can't like all my materiel cause I make many different types of music and most people's taste aren't as wide as my range
but I'm glad you like some of it.

deviatedwolf625
10-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Alright alright I'm sorry ... it was my personal preference. I didn't like the song.

glasz77
10-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Its cool if you don't like my song or my music.
I really don't expect everybody to like it, that would be stupid if I did.
I thought you were rude though and that really isn't nessacary.
but its not important.

Anyway, enough people checked out my site and liked it.

So Thanks for your apology, I am sorry I got as annoyed as I did.
Best of luck.

deviatedwolf625
10-14-2003, 07:33 PM
thank you ... and again 'm sorry, I was the rude one.

holy reality
10-16-2003, 10:04 AM
i'm listening to PLAE and it doesn't sound very much like a symphony.....

it wasn't bad though.

cellardooro
10-16-2003, 01:56 PM
i like your lyrics and i like your message.

i just find that the instrumental stuff is highly repetitive and doesn't lend you much room to add any dynamics or swells of emotion in the vocals.

i find a lot of the times with vocals, lyrics and emotion are just as important. it's not only what you say, but how you say it. good vocalists are like good story-tellers, where inflections add a lot to the effect it has on people.

other than that, you're making music. which is the important thing. so kudos to your for that.

www.outoforbit.org