PDA

View Full Version : Phosphorescent desert buttons.

AllforUnity
10-10-2003, 11:33 PM
l saw the live version of this at last years TOOL concert...it was great as well...This song gives me a chill down my spine. l see the face as a metaphore of life...how life is open to so many things, like your third eye is. How you're "on your back and tumbling" alot, and then sometimes you're rising up again. And when you "wipe the webs and the dew from your withered eye", you're letting yourself go, and taking more in. l think maybe the "in, out, in, out" is referring to lifes changes...how sometimes you feel so "in" and great...and sometimes you feel really "out", and out of place. Alot of people sit and ponder about life...about what will come, about what it means to things that have come...Sometimes we wish it is all just a dream. We all want to know the answers. "So good to see you, l've missed you so much." l love this line...l think it's referring to your inner-self, if you will. Because you run away from life alot...l think talking about sticking your hand into the shadow, and pulling the peices, and attempting to reassemble is talking about how things in life go wrong alot...and it's hard to get things back in order. You have to "pry open" your third eye to be able to understand life...and what it has to bring. lt seems that "so good to see you once again, l thought that you were hiding from me" is referring to ways you were before something significant in your life changed you. l see "chasing the tail of dogma" is about the Religious aspect of life...how alot of people turn to Religion, and God for the answeres...And chasing the trail of smoke and reason is referring to when you become more apt to life, and you realize you just need to define the logic to figure things out...something along those lines.

Just a thought...but l absolutely love this song...whether it's to do with life, or to do with a break up with another person you once loved dearly, and it's great to see them again...either way, just a thought.

AllforUnity
10-10-2003, 11:46 PM
l forgot to add that maybe "seeing you once again" is referring to yourself...like how Maynard is probably on the road alot, and has alot of things on his mind, he doesn't have very much time to just hang out anymore...and he can't come and play anymore...

Did l say that? Oh well...lf l did, l'm sorry.

AllforUnity
10-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Lovely song...

eek
11-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Nice interpretation.

Mine's a little different, but I like yours too ;)