PDA

View Full Version : How to use this song in your life

ShellKov
07-11-2009, 09:39 AM
So for me this song is getting me through a period of time where I don't know what the outcome will be... all I know is that everyday I am working really hard to attain an elusive goal, which I'm not sure will ever be attained. This song helps me remember that one day I'll be able to see why I'm on this path! All my life, nothing ever makes sense until after the fact, and I have to remember that. This song ties into Lateralus too... "over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind". I tend to overthink my decisions too much so these two songs keep me grounded!

Does anyone have any other ways they use this song in their day-to-day life?

Alex in Chains
07-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Do you dance like the naked seizure guy in the video?

And yes, I have had similar feelings about this song in the past. It kind of helped me finish college.

crincled
07-11-2009, 11:54 AM
So for me this song is getting me through a period of time where I don't know what the outcome will be... all I know is that everyday I am working really hard to attain an elusive goal, which I'm not sure will ever be attained. This song helps me remember that one day I'll be able to see why I'm on this path! All my life, nothing ever makes sense until after the fact, and I have to remember that. This song ties into Lateralus too... "over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind". I tend to overthink my decisions too much so these two songs keep me grounded!

Does anyone have any other ways they use this song in their day-to-day life?

yes. me too.

although i sometimes forget, so "i must keep reminding myself of this" song.

Flavor Of The Week
07-13-2009, 10:59 AM
ShellKov, that is exactly how I viewed the song when I was in high school. Goals, hopes and dreams were very elusive back then. Things are much clearer now, so, like the good little spider said: keep your chin up!

keemi
10-13-2014, 03:57 AM
ShellKov, that is exactly how I viewed the song when I was in high school. Goals, hopes and dreams were very elusive back then. Things are much clearer now, so, like the good little spider said: keep your chin up!

TheChosenOne
10-23-2014, 03:19 PM
I use this song in the super secret lateralus tracklist that goes like this
parabol
parabola
disposition
the patient
ticks & leeches
reflection
the grudge
Mantra
triad
eon blue apocalypse
lateralus
schism
the voice of god

(Because tool secretly hides the album and band name in the letters of the song names on every album after undertow)

Also this song got me through some really tough times

lotus.
10-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Not really a secret anymore, now is it?

J A G
10-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Sometimes I make up nonsensical solutions to puzzles that don't exist and call them super secret in hopes that people will think I'm the chosen one instead of the bozo one.

Know what I'm sayin', lotus?

lotus.
10-23-2014, 04:57 PM
My man

lotus.
10-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Delusional disorder is an uncommon psychiatric condition in which the patients present with delusions, but with no accompanying prominent hallucinations, thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening of affect. Delusions are a specific symptom of psychosis. Non-bizarre delusions are fixed false beliefs that involve situations that could potentially occur in real life; examples include being followed or poisoned. Apart from their delusions, people with delusional disorder may continue to socialize and function in a normal manner and their behaviour does not generally seem odd or bizarre. However, the preoccupation with delusional ideas can be disruptive to their overall lives. For the diagnosis to be made, auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, though olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.

DrNakano
03-27-2019, 08:45 AM
When I'm cooking dinner and the oven is taking longer than I would like, I listen to this and follow the instructions. "Be patieeeent"