PDA

View Full Version : More sections to the Socialize

a_divine_martyr
10-10-2003, 08:00 AM
1. Make a political forum. Every thread which pertains to political ideas and philosophies will go here. Threads which turn into a flame-war for ideas will be locked.

2. Make a drugs forum. Personally, I don't want to read about people taking drugs, and I don't like how there are so many threads on pot and acid and shit. Stick it all in one area and let the druggies of the forum unite.

3. Make a theories forum. This will be for those of us who have theories on the human mind, body, and spirit. Conspiracy theories will be looked down upon, but not locked should one be thought up. Basically, all the serious, thought provoking threads will go here.

MyVelvetDecay
10-10-2003, 07:39 PM
how about a forum for sex?

I would be more than happy to moderate this forum as I have had probably a great deal experience with the subject at hand.

see.. and you wonder why you got my vote for biggest ego...?

:)

Pro_Art
10-12-2003, 12:42 AM
1. Make a political forum. Every thread which pertains to political ideas and philosophies will go here. Threads which turn into a flame-war for ideas will be locked.

2. Make a drugs forum. Personally, I don't want to read about people taking drugs, and I don't like how there are so many threads on pot and acid and shit. Stick it all in one area and let the druggies of the forum unite.

3. Make a theories forum. This will be for those of us who have theories on the human mind, body, and spirit. Conspiracy theories will be looked down upon, but not locked should one be thought up. Basically, all the serious, thought provoking threads will go here.
Political forum: I don't think there are enough political threads
right now to make a forum like this worthwhile atm. If we get
another burst of them like we did back in March, then we'll see
about it then.

Drug forum: People should learn to post their drug experiences
in pre-existing drug threads rather than starting their own just
to tell us how their day went with some drug. If you see one,
just give them a link to a fit drug thread and a little slap for
being a n00b/douche.

Theories forum: This one sounds like it could be a good idea.
But what would happen to Socialize if you took away the
intelligent theories?

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

Edman
10-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Those are all fair ideas, but then we could just create sections for just about anything until we have nothing but trash cluttering the socialize forum (Not that it doesn't have it's share already). I don't think we are in need for any immidiate sections to be placed. Izzallgood.

dsl
10-12-2003, 03:01 PM
Make on section for stupid topics, one for intellectual, therefore splitting socialize essentially into two. Of course classification is the hard part there, but most of the people on here can use some discretion when posting.

Pro_Art
10-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Theories forum: This one sounds like it could be a good idea.
But what would happen to Socialize if you took away the
intelligent theories?
Make on section for stupid topics, one for intellectual, therefore splitting socialize essentially into two. Of course classification is the hard part there, but most of the people on here can use some discretion when posting.
Hmm... Rather than calling the former a 'stupidity' forum
or something to that nature, we could just call it 'Socialize'.
Take ADM's idea and let it blossom with general intelligence
the way Letters did with poetry. And we'd make sure to
use big words and little humour to keep the idiots from
gaining much interest in this section.

This would allow all those who think 'this is just a stupid
web forum, we should just do whatever we want' to still
hold their current (not unlimited) freedoms in Socialize
without complaint, while those who realize the internet
can be a very valuable medium for communication would
have a place to take advantage of such a great gathering
of people without having their threads tainted by mounds
of putrid stupidity.

The only problem with this idea that I can see, is the fact
that Socialize tends to represent these boards as a whole,
and sucking the intelligence out of this section could make
these boards worse, which would defeat the purpose of
opening this section. Thoughts?

I have more to say, but this is long enough as it is.

/Noted/

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

a_divine_martyr
10-12-2003, 08:10 PM
The only problem with this idea that I can see, is the fact that Socialize tends to represent these boards as a whole, and sucking the intelligence out of this section could make these boards worse, which would defeat the purpose of opening this section. Thoughts?
If you isolated the more intelligent pots from the stupid ones, you'd basically let the post pumpers talk about fucking dogs in one forum, and have those who are interested in serious discussions do so without fear of the stupid fucks ruining it.

Maybe have it be called something like "Lachyrmology" (this IS a Tool site) and a subtitle of "Take it all higher".

And make the other sub-forum be "Incoherent blabbering" and a sub-title called "All that's (un)fit for the others".

Just my ideas.

dsl
10-13-2003, 02:16 AM
Simply put more warnings on post hijackers and eventual banning.

dsl
10-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Oh yes, you can name the intellectual one "Push the Envelope" and subtitle it "We may just go where no one's been".

And for the dumbed down one you can call it "Nothing in Particular" or something like that and subtitle it "Devoted to the useful idiot".