PDA

View Full Version : L. Ron Hubbard, a little late

xillian912
10-10-2003, 05:30 AM
Okay, so maybe I'm a few years late to become a tool fan, but the music is still fucking awsome. Anyways, I tried to reply to a post on the hubbard thread but it was already closed, so I'd like to enclose my thoughts here and also share with you this information.

I'm a former scientologist and when I first heard parabola, i recognized the simialarities between what he says in the song, and the philosophy of L. Ron Hubbard. This was before I had recognized maynard saying fuck L Ron Hubbard in aenima. In parabola, almost the whole song resembles scientology.

Now to start, Scientology is some freaky shit, I dont nearly understand what I should from the years of stufying that I've done of it, but I know that one of the ideas is that earth is a prison planet. If you study any astronomy, you'd know that earth and our solar system and the few planets sharing our sun, with the exception of billions of stars, is on the way way opposite side of the universe and space and such. We're seperated from most other life. If you wanna know why life sucks and we deal with pretensious bullshit with accorded formalities and seemingless pointless existence. Thats because life as you know (or at least remember) is. And when I talk about life on other planets, I'm definetly not speaking about other humans, and really not even as physical bodies at all.

As the philosphy goes, we dont remember our life before we inhabited human bodies because of an implant given to us to trap us here. L Ron Hubbard is either a universal criminal, trying to free us from earth by showing us how to clear our "reactive minds" and escape human bodies a.k.a. exteriorization (when your conciousness leaves your body and you realize that you exist outside of physical form). Or L. Ron Hubbard, a criminal like us is just showing the way to enlightenment and possibly shape us into what we were supposed to become before we leave this planet. Either way, it sounds crazy and more sci-fi like than anything else.

The idea that pain doesn't exist and that it's only an illusion is that outside of having physical bodies, there is no pain as a spirit (in scientology we are called "thetans") Pain only exists as an indicator to alert you of whats happening to your body, accordinly another ingram programmed into us along with the bodies.

What any of this has to do with tool or why maynard hates L ron hubbard (besides that his followers are sheep) I dont know, but this is just what I knew about it.