View Full Version : 07.22.09 - Rio Rancho, NM @ Santa Ana Star Center

SadSummerSea
06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
July 22, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Santa Ana Star Center

Raddu
07-06-2009, 10:40 AM
I heard the opening band is Ween....anyone? Yes...no..maybe so?

greenie67
07-06-2009, 12:33 PM
^^I doubt it, they're playing the Sunshine Theatre in September.

I got floor tix and was just wondering if anyone know what the sound is like in this venue?

The Rak
07-13-2009, 08:52 PM
^^I doubt it, they're playing the Sunshine Theatre in September.

I got floor tix and was just wondering if anyone know what the sound is like in this venue?

It was clear for speech at the Democratic state convention last year. Beers, food were pricey. What's the deal on tailgating there?

The Rak
07-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I heard the opening band is Ween....anyone? Yes...no..maybe so?

Tweak Bird, per postings here and their myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/tweakbird

kanaduh
07-14-2009, 04:05 AM
can someone from NM let me know...

1) How much will a taxi cost me from ALBQ airport to this venue?

2) Are there any motels/hotels in the area around the venue, or will I have to go back to ABQ after?

thanks

The Rak
07-14-2009, 10:58 AM
can someone from NM let me know...

1) How much will a taxi cost me from ALBQ airport to this venue?

2) Are there any motels/hotels in the area around the venue, or will I have to go back to ABQ after?

thanks

Forget a taxi. The venue is about 20 miles from the airport, and a taxi driver might not even be able to find it. It is way out in the Sticks. Rent a car w/GPS instead . Google "lodging" and "Rio Rancho" to see what they got. The Super 8 looks OK just for a crash.

kanaduh
07-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Forget a taxi. The venue is about 20 miles from the airport, and a taxi driver might not even be able to find it. It is way out in the Sticks. Rent a car w/GPS instead . Google "lodging" and "Rio Rancho" to see what they got. The Super 8 looks OK just for a crash.

Thanks.

Although I'm having issues renting a car because I am 20 years old.

I did manange to find a company to rent me one when I get to Phoenix, which is awesome because now I can drive to the winery/puscifer store.

greenie67
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
It was clear for speech at the Democratic state convention last year. Beers, food were pricey. What's the deal on tailgating there?

hmmm... sounds like every other arena I've been to.. as far as the price for brew and food goes.. not sure about the tailgating though, my sister lives about 5 miles from the venue so that is where I will be gearing up for the show. So glad they didn't play Tingley this time around, then I would have had to spend too much for the Mile High Festival.

greenie67
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I have 2 GA tix to the Rio Rancho show looking to TRADE for good seats, preferably in sections 203,204,215,or 216 in the lower part.

I bought them when they went on sale for my sister and then 2 days later found out she was pregnant, so now her and her husband want seat tickets. Let me know by PM... can meet at the show or before in Rio Rancho.

greenie67
07-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I have 2 GA tix to the Rio Rancho show looking to TRADE for good seats, preferably in sections 203,204,215,or 216 in the lower part.

I bought them when they went on sale for my sister and then 2 days later found out she was pregnant, so now her and her husband want seat tickets. Let me know by PM... can meet at the show or before in Rio Rancho.

Tickets have been traded, see you fuckers there!

The Rak
07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Tickets have been traded, see you fuckers there!

My son and I are in Sec 211. He's 12. It's his second show. First one was fall 2006 in PHX where someone threw a water bottle at Maynard's head. We still talk about it.

ladycommish
07-21-2009, 08:02 PM
last time I looked, they are releasing tickets pretty much behind the stage. weird. I was waiting for sec 209 or 210 to come around.

The Rak
07-21-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking about getting there a little early tomorrow night - (a) only one road in like at the Urinal Pavillion; (b) number of people going and (c) the venue is probably not used to crowds of any real size, so parking and security will be slow/raw. I'd like to see Right in Two as at Tingley last time around, doesn't look like it'll happen, though. (Well, Metallica didn't play Bleeding Me the two times I've seen them en Burque so what the hell.) Looking fwd to a good show anyway.

greenie67
07-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm thinking about getting there a little early tomorrow night - (a) only one road in like at the Urinal Pavillion; (b) number of people going and (c) the venue is probably not used to crowds of any real size, so parking and security will be slow/raw. I'd like to see Right in Two as at Tingley last time around, doesn't look like it'll happen, though. (Well, Metallica didn't play Bleeding Me the two times I've seen them en Burque so what the hell.) Looking fwd to a good show anyway.

Yeah getting there early seems like a good idea, I have been to the Urinal Pavillion once and it took about 2 hours getting after getting off I25 because of however they seemed to be parking people. I am staying near Northern and Unser so, hopefully, it won't be too bad being as it is only about 10 minutes without traffic. Tool always seem to put a good show, when I see them. Hope you enjoy the show, I'll be on the floor 1st time in since the Lateralus tour I was able to score them.

licks and teeches
07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
my wife and I will be there early too we got floor as well,we seen them in Denver Sat.,fuckin rocked with like 80,000 people outdoors @ sunset.I'm hoping this place sounds good,the sound in Denver got a little skewed from the wind and the roar of the crowd drowned out Maynard completely a few times

no_name
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
I haven't read any of the posts above, but I did want to offer. I will be driving to the venue and I live near the airport. I'd be willing to pick up a few ppl if need be. actually, i can take as many as six others (legally). PM me if you are interested. I don't get into town tomorrow until around 2:00 pm. I've got to go home to take care of a few things. But I know how far away the venue is from the airport and if you want a taxi you should be prepared to pay a lot. This ride is free of charge - plus i am not crazy. well not violently crazy. See you guys in the high desert!!!!!!!!!! If im able to get reception i'd post the setlist again. we'll see about that.

kanaduh
07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
No name im PMing you.
Or to anyone else...
I will be at ABQ airport in a few hours and i need a ride to the venue!

Someone help, please?

sianspheric
07-22-2009, 08:04 AM
dude, you're doing the whole tour and flying to every city?!

for some reason I thought you were driving the whole tour

The Rak
07-22-2009, 08:55 AM
No name im PMing you.
Or to anyone else...
I will be at ABQ airport in a few hours and i need a ride to the venue!

Someone help, please?

You can take a train bus combo from the ABQ airport that can get you closer to the gig, but not all the way.

the~vanishing
07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
is anyone tweeting the setlist this time? call me crazy, but i'm pretty bummed that i have to miss out on the excitement at t.d.n tonight just because i'll be at work

The Rak
07-22-2009, 01:55 PM
is anyone tweeting the setlist this time? call me crazy, but i'm pretty bummed that i have to miss out on the excitement at t.d.n tonight just because i'll be at work

Work is just another way for the Man to keep the tool fan down.

aevasquez
07-22-2009, 02:15 PM
No twitterers tonight???

no_name
07-22-2009, 02:18 PM
dude, you're doing the whole tour and flying to every city?!

for some reason I thought you were driving the whole tour

(kanaduh here on nonames computer)

yeah i'm doing both.
Denver to Fairfax is 1 way flights between cities.
then fly back to toronto and roadtrip with friends for nyc/boston/kingston/toronto/cinci/chicago

been epic so far.

420scooter
07-22-2009, 02:26 PM
(kanaduh here on nonames computer)

yeah i'm doing both.
Denver to Fairfax is 1 way flights between cities.
then fly back to toronto and roadtrip with friends for nyc/boston/kingston/toronto/cinci/chicago

been epic so far.

Man, what do you do for a living? I thought I had it good in 2006 when I took a week's vacation from work and saw Tool 3 times and Roger Waters twice, but fuck man, you have seriously outdone that trip. Sounds like it would be a blast, and I'm insanely jealous. Have fun and be safe!

the~vanishing
07-22-2009, 02:26 PM
No twitterers tonight???

it would be sweet if someone came through soon... i was hoping to set up twitter to text me the updates. ah well... guess i'll have something to look forward to when i get home

LPPanther
07-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Cmon twitterers. I can't stand not checking twitter every 5 seconds when tool is playing!