PDA

View Full Version : 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

SadSummerSea
06-26-2009, 03:13 PM
July 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

Majesty12
06-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Sec 406. Row B. Seat Dos.

I am excited.

Ganjalf
06-28-2009, 08:41 AM
oh yeaaah cannot wait for this.

mrpresident
06-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Sec. 309!!!! I can't wait! I don't care what songs they play again, as long as we get to see Lateralus live again. Tool and a tour of the new Cowboys Stadium. Should be a fun weekend.

TOOLwrench
06-29-2009, 09:42 PM
i got pit after dropping almost 600 bucks for me and my girl!
My 7th Tool show. Wish we could go back to the Aenima days when i saw TOOL in OKC for 20 bucks and both OKC Lateralus shows for 40 bucks!

Tmax
06-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Sec 101 Row N Seats 3 and 4. Cant wait !! I'm leaving this site once July 18th roles around to avoid any setlist spoiling!!!

TOOLwrench
06-30-2009, 10:20 AM
i hope i can avoid the setlist as well but it will be hard not to peek

Tmax
07-02-2009, 11:47 PM
This is the set they will play

The Grudge
Jambi
H
Hooker W/ a Penis
The Pot
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Opiate
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

I would die a happy man

Ganjalf
07-03-2009, 07:11 AM
This is the set they will play

The Grudge
Jambi
H
Hooker W/ a Penis
The Pot
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Opiate
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

I would die a happy man

I hope that I never have to sit through the pot live again. Snooze fest.

Tmax
07-06-2009, 12:22 AM
I hope that I never have to sit through the pot live again. Snooze fest.

Well if you hate it so much just peek at the set lists prior to dallas and if its on the set, sell your ticket(s) PROBLEM SOLVED

Saw it live once on the last tour, I thought it was a high energy song. Extremely difficult vocals... A lot of non tool fans like this song(usually not the most popular among Tool fans) and it was a single, but a snooze fest? I disagree

Thatsarealzinger
07-06-2009, 08:25 AM
i hope i can avoid the setlist as well but it will be hard not to peek

Stay strong brother/sister! I will be doing the same. No forum for me from July 18th until after the Fairfax show.

pensar
07-06-2009, 07:01 PM
horrible....where are all the updates to let me know they were actually on sale?

Tmax
07-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I just saw a commercial on Palldia for the Mile High Festival the background music was Sober... I wonder if they are gonna replay the festival on Palladia ??? That would be fucking awesome, but totally against everything Tool has ever said about them being on TV...

Oh and while i'm here anyone have a setlist prediction?

cantkeepmeaway
07-14-2009, 05:34 AM
would love to get some tix to this show im thinking about seeing the san anton show then this one the next day ...any help?

kanaduh
07-14-2009, 10:19 AM
would love to get some tix to this show im thinking about seeing the san anton show then this one the next day ...any help?

you should have no problem getting face value tickets for the san antonio show. I believe ticketmaster still has plenty of seats on sale. Failing that, I'm sure you could get floors or decent seats on the tickethookup section on these forums; I've seen plenty of posts for the san antonio show.

as far dallas, I do believe i've seen some singles posted on the ticket hookup as well. but take advantage of these offers quickly because the dallas show is much higher demand and less tickets were available. as a last resort i'd even go to stubhub or a scalper, because it seems that will possibly be one of the best and most intimate shows of the tour.

Billdozer1707
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Anyone have any idea as to what may be done to make this one of their greatest shows ever?

Tmax
07-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Anyone have any idea as to what may be done to make this one of their greatest shows ever?

Dont know....I have been wondering about that ever since the BMB post back when the show was announced. Starting to think it was just him fucking around...dont know though???

Billdozer1707
07-14-2009, 12:04 PM
We think that either they are going to have some amazing opening band or perhaps filming a dvd with some older material. I'd kill to see them play H. , Opiate, Sober, and Ticks and Leeches

cantkeepmeaway
07-14-2009, 03:13 PM
you should have no problem getting face value tickets for the san antonio show. I believe ticketmaster still has plenty of seats on sale. Failing that, I'm sure you could get floors or decent seats on the tickethookup section on these forums; I've seen plenty of posts for the san antonio show.

as far dallas, I do believe i've seen some singles posted on the ticket hookup as well. but take advantage of these offers quickly because the dallas show is much higher demand and less tickets were available. as a last resort i'd even go to stubhub or a scalper, because it seems that will possibly be one of the best and most intimate shows of the tour.

ive got the san anton tix thanks for the info...im really not to keen on paying scalpers but ill look into it

The Sven
07-14-2009, 08:21 PM
ive got the san anton tix thanks for the info...im really not to keen on paying scalpers but ill look into it

Someone recently posted for sale on the ticket hookup thread two face value tickets to Dallas, which seemed to be pretty decent seats.

Tmax
07-14-2009, 10:14 PM
We think that either they are going to have some amazing opening band or perhaps filming a dvd with some older material. I'd kill to see them play H. , Opiate, Sober, and Ticks and Leeches

Who is we ? i would also love to hear H opiate or ticks.also tweak bird is opening just check out their myspace page http://www.myspace.com/tweakbird unless there are multiple openers for this show

Billdozer1707
07-15-2009, 12:39 PM
We would be me and the 3 other guys that I am going to the concert with

Tmax
07-15-2009, 06:23 PM
We would be me and the 3 other guys that I am going to the concert with

oh ok ... just rumors u have heard ?

texan
07-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Anybody heading to the Dallas show from the RGV? Or from Austin? I'm 9 hours south of Dallas and will be heading to show solo so far.

SHbassGTR
07-17-2009, 07:18 AM
I've got floor seats for the San Antonio show and front row balcony for Nokia (Sec 412 Row A). Gonna be a great weekend! I just hope they play Pushit. This will be my 8th and 9th times seeing them and still never heard that damn song before! Also, the Grudge would be awesome! See you all there!

shraman
07-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Dont know....I have been wondering about that ever since the BMB post back when the show was announced. Starting to think it was just him fucking around...dont know though???

Tori Amos is playing the night before....maybe she will do something with Tool as they are friends.

shraman
07-17-2009, 09:45 AM

Tori Amos is playing Nokia theater the night before, who knows, she may come out and do something with Tool. I do not know why Dallas is getting all the hype, but I have heard from some credible sources that all the effects will be in full swing by that show.

shraman
07-17-2009, 09:47 AM
I just saw a commercial on Palldia for the Mile High Festival the background music was Sober... I wonder if they are gonna replay the festival on Palladia ??? That would be fucking awesome, but totally against everything Tool has ever said about them being on TV...

Oh and while i'm here anyone have a setlist prediction?

I bet they do one cover....I hear it will be a good cover too....not gonna say which one I think.

dave-tx
07-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Tori Amos is playing Nokia theater the night before, who knows, she may come out and do something with Tool. I do not know why Dallas is getting all the hype, but I have heard from some credible sources that all the effects will be in full swing by that show.

She's playing in Austin the night Tool is playing Nokia.

plexus
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
i have a boner for this saturday!

Tmax
07-20-2009, 11:57 PM
I can't wait to attend "one of the best tool shows ever"(BMB) on Saturday !!!

Ganjalf
07-21-2009, 08:09 AM

Fuck you Mr. 10 tickets for pit. *jealous*

Tmax
07-21-2009, 09:53 AM

did u stand in line at an actual ticketmaster outlet to get ur tickets? Also everyone is bitching about their ticket prices, but the Dallas show is far and away the most expensive stand alone Tool show. it's not just the venue either cause I paid $49 to see the offspring there about a month ago. Any ideas?

Ganjalf
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM
did u stand in line at an actual ticketmaster outlet to get ur tickets? Also everyone is bitching about their ticket prices, but the Dallas show is far and away the most expensive stand alone Tool show. it's not just the venue either cause I paid $49 to see the offspring there about a month ago. Any ideas?

11 May, 2009 (10:38pm)
DALLAS TOOL SHOW

is confirmed. Tickets will be on-sale this... Friday. One of the best Tool shows ever will be on JULY 25... at the NOKIA THEATER at GRAND PRAIRIE. And being that it's such a big state... who knows... maybe more.

BMB

Tmax
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
I really would love to know if there is any truth to that post by BMB or if he was just fucking around I guess we will find out soon enough. I'm trying to be patient!!!

TOOLwrench
07-21-2009, 09:57 PM
we'll know saturday bro,i can't wait! I just hate the 5 hour drive from northern Oklahoma!!!!!

plexus
07-21-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah, i stayed at a fiesta ticketmaster from 6 in the morning on friday.
and i only got 6, not 10. glad i had the cash for it, its worth it.

Tmax
07-21-2009, 10:22 PM
fuck yes it's worth it !!! I couldn't be in pit anyway tho my old lady has panic attacks in GA crowds... found that out the hard way.... hey toolwrench I'm driving from Tulsa where u coming from ?

TOOLwrench
07-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Enid

LPPanther
07-22-2009, 12:00 AM
I know it's just peopl going to the show posting in here right now but once Saturday rolls around there will be plently of people in here wondering if someone is tweeting the setlist. I will be. @lppanther

Sp00k
07-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Thx, Apparently New Mexico doesn't have wireless service in the venue or they don't know what the internet is.

MelbaToast454
07-22-2009, 08:15 PM
My brother-in-law and I will be driving from Tulsa also! Where's the after party?! We lucked out with Row AA. At the Tulsa show we had Row A and it was TOO close. This is just behind the GA pit.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

LPPanther
07-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Thx, Apparently New Mexico doesn't have wireless service in the venue or they don't know what the internet is.

Seriously, I'm dying without updates haha.

TOOLwrench
07-22-2009, 09:25 PM
you got good seats melba,i got pit HELL yeah,i dont think you can be too close unless you're there for visuals,further back may be better. I had rail at both OKC Lateralus shows and i was happy there. I normally get pit tickets to most shows.
what other concerts are you guys going to this summer?
I got TOOL Dallas (obviously)
Mayhemfest OKC (slayer manson etc)
Hatebreed with Chimaira OKC
Emmure with evergreen terrace Tulsa
KATTFEST OKC (BLS Static X Suicide silence Mudvayne Bury your dead)
LAMBOFGOD with GWAR and Job for a cowboy OKC

MelbaToast454
07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Well I guess I wasn't too close at the Tulsa show but as far as visuals go. I was so close Maynard hit my brother in face and reflected into my hands! haha he joked about me selling it on ebay but I just fuckin drank it right there.

I won't tell u how much I spent on these tickets but I had to spend a little more than usual but I've always wanted to see Tool in a small setting like Nokia. This will be my 5th show.

This summer so far I got a ticket to see the Melvins August 24th! When is Mayhemfest?
I can't believe the Melvins are playing Tulsa and headlining the show (Marquee).

TOOLwrench
07-22-2009, 10:05 PM
The Melvins are playing the diamond ballroom OKC also.
I saw them with TOOL on the Aenima tour back in 98.
This is my 7th show and i've been to this venue to see Killswitch Engage with LambofGod.
Mayhemfest is august 16th at the zoo amphitheatre,its like 12 bands.
go to zooamp.com

TOOLwrench
07-22-2009, 10:16 PM
dude i hate the 5 hour drive coming back from dallas.
are you coming home that night? I am..........i walk in the door at about 5 in the morning. we've done this 2 or 3 times before,its exhausting but worth it.

Tmax
07-22-2009, 11:10 PM
dude i hate the 5 hour drive coming back from dallas.
are you coming home that night? I am..........i walk in the door at about 5 in the morning. we've done this 2 or 3 times before,its exhausting but worth it.

Fuck no man... I've made that drive after a concert before but never again... I splurged months ago for a decent hotel five minutes from the Theatre . Good thing I did it when I did cause I am barely gonna be able to afford gas, food, and merch!!

plexus
07-23-2009, 12:04 AM
im glad i live in dallas.

i saw muse twice at nokia... both in the pit.
awesome shows... the pit wont be too too bad.

plexus
07-23-2009, 12:06 AM
the pit wont be too too bad.
and by that, i mean too violent.
its not very big

manny214
07-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Just seen TOOL, at the mile high festival last saturday. Man the setting and surroundings made that show incredible. it looked as if i were in a time capsule and TOOL was just going hard at it. the smoke machines made it seemed that way. and NOW i got TOOL this weekend too, also in the pit! woo. my third eye will be ready! see ya there.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
07-23-2009, 04:29 PM

Someone at my work asked if I was going to the show with White Snake? Couldn't say if it was this or San Antonio. Uhhh?

edit:// nevermind, saw something about Judas Priest and White Snake the next night.

plexus
07-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Someone at my work asked if I was going to the show with White Snake? Couldn't say if it was this or San Antonio. Uhhh?

edit:// nevermind, saw something about Judas Priest and White Snake the next night.

pppppppffffffffttttthahahahahahahahaha
thats rich. white snake opening for tool.

Sp00k
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Just seen TOOL, at the mile high festival last saturday. Man the setting and surroundings made that show incredible. it looked as if i were in a time capsule and TOOL was just going hard at it. the smoke machines made it seemed that way. and NOW i got TOOL this weekend too, also in the pit! woo. my third eye will be ready! see ya there.

Wait till this weekend. Nokia is a kick ass venue.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
07-23-2009, 08:03 PM
pppppppffffffffttttthahahahahahahahaha
thats rich. white snake opening for tool.

Yeeeah. I asked her where the fuck she heard that, because it sounded absurd. She said she didn't remember, and then said "I wonder who would open for who?" wtf. no.

MelbaToast454
07-23-2009, 08:16 PM
No way am I driving 4+ hours back to Tulsa that night. I usually hit a strip club or bar then crash at the nearest hotel. Eat at Pappadeux's in the morning of course. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

texan
07-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I know it's just peopl going to the show posting in here right now but once Saturday rolls around there will be plently of people in here wondering if someone is tweeting the setlist. I will be. @lppanther

I"ll be following your tweets.

Tmax
07-23-2009, 09:38 PM
No way am I driving 4+ hours back to Tulsa that night. I usually hit a strip club or bar then crash at the nearest hotel. Eat at Pappadeux's in the morning of course. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

pappadeuxs = good stuff !!! I'll be eating there for lunch saturday!! great seafood!

MelbaToast454
07-23-2009, 10:12 PM
your more than welcome to party with my bro and I. Papadeauxs is amazing. or right after concert we usually hit every bar until we pass out or so high we cant drive straight. Row AA seat 11 and 12. need someone to party with. last time at the strip club they played H. right after the concert......Good times.....

Tmax
07-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Cool man ! my girlfriend and I plus my two buddies are going down Saturday morning...Maybe we will swing by your seats before or during Tweak Bird... OR you can stop by ours... Section 101 Row N seats 1-4

PS you have GREAT fucking seats!!!

mattwcoley
07-24-2009, 06:35 AM
I think Faith No More will be at the show tomorrow night! I could be wrong but there are a lot of cryptic posts by jmk on fourtheye.net that seem to hint in that direction. Should be amazing. Now if they would only play Sober!

hboghbog0
07-24-2009, 07:33 AM
I think Faith No More will be at the show tomorrow night! I could be wrong but there are a lot of cryptic posts by jmk on fourtheye.net that seem to hint in that direction. Should be amazing. Now if they would only play Sober!

Who is that "jmk" guy on fourtheye? I can't imagine that it's Maynard, but they are certainly talking like they are in the know.

And Faith No More at that show would be Epic!

Ganjalf
07-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Who is that "jmk" guy on fourtheye? I can't imagine that it's Maynard, but they are certainly talking like they are in the know.

And Faith No More at that show would be Epic!

Faith no more is not going to show up don't get your hopes up.

plexus
07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Faith no more is not going to show up don't get your hopes up.

no, faith no more will not 'show up' at the show.
that sounds a bit ridiculous

But im curious how many of you think that we will see anything... any change in the setlist, cover song, altered version of a song, anything at all that world justify Blair saying:

"One of the best Tool shows ever will be on JULY 25... at the NOKIA THEATER at GRAND PRAIRIE. And being that it's such a big state... who knows... maybe more."

i mean... i think theres gotta be something to that statement...
but when has tool ever pulled out a 'surpise' for their fans?
other than once they played a extra extra encore of Faaip de Oiad. thats pretty fucking surprising.

im hoping to see something.

plexus
07-24-2009, 06:43 PM
yeah, i seriously doubt faith no more will play tomarrow night.

especially considering that theyre playing in EDINBURGH SCOTLAND at the flippin CORN EXCHANGE festival... haha

i dont know who the fuck jmk is at fourtheye, but hes a nob.

Ganjalf
07-24-2009, 07:52 PM
http://twitter.com/ganjalftdn

I'm doing it tomorrow

plexus
07-24-2009, 08:15 PM

but this person said they already do it.
whats up with all the tweeters in dallas.

those arenas got 10-15,000 people and no tweeters? and we already got an army of tweeter spys for tdn in dallas?

texan
07-24-2009, 09:30 PM
WOOT! getting ready for drive to dallas. At show, i'll tweet if I get cell reception. You can follow me at jambi. I know, I know. I just really was into that song when I created my account. Anybody heading to the racetracks? Hope everyone has a safe drive to show.

Man, some buddies went to SA show. Kinda jealous but whatever. Nokia here I come!!!!!

plexus
07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Man, some buddies went to SA show. Kinda jealous but whatever. Nokia here I come!!!!!

the dallas show will be 10 times better. its way way smaller. every seat is a good view.

Ganjalf
07-25-2009, 06:12 AM
tonight! finally!

goosenesque
07-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Anyone know what time Tool has been going on this tour?

Also, for those who have been to Nokia, does the pit get pretty violent?

Sp00k
07-25-2009, 07:10 AM
No, the pit is not at all violent. They usually go on 1 hr after the ticket time. So 9pm tonight!

goosenesque
07-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Ya I figured since it looks like a pretty small pit, there wouldn't be as much madness.

I hope this show ends up as epic as that clown Blair made it sound.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Just got to big D. Haven't checked a setlist all week. As sad as this sounds, I feel like I accomplished something. I gotta get a life.

See you guys tonight!

kanaduh
07-25-2009, 07:30 AM
jwb i'll give you a call when i get to dallas.

you going to atlanta as well?

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:35 AM
jwb i'll give you a call when i get to dallas.

you going to atlanta as well?

Cool. Not sure about ATL. Don't have tickets and I should probably go to work.

teknofear
07-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Can. Not. Wait. Got my ticket online the morning ticketbastard released them, I lucked out and got sec 101, Row Q seat 1.

TMAX, I think I'm right behind you...

Have seem several shows at Nokia, and I have high expectations for the performance tonight... There's really not a bad seat in the house, but this will be the closest I've been at Nokia, as well as the closest to seeing Tool - have always had lower balcony seats for some odd reason.

HOLYFUCKINSHIT - They did "FLOOD" last night in San Antonio...

This will be fucking amazing.

goosenesque
07-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Let's keep the setlist talk out of this thread. A lot of people haven't looked at the setlists and want to be surprised (not that they ever change the setlist anyway).

jwb
07-25-2009, 11:59 AM
At the horse racing track across the street from the Nokia. It's about the only thing to do in GP.

sonnyboy11
07-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Have fun tonight fuggers! I got a lazy Saturday going here so I'll be checkin posts and tweets. What the hell, eh?

jwb
07-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks Sonny. I'm currently amazing myself (and those around me) with my uncanny ability to miss trifectas, exactas, superfactas and any other factas there may be by one F$&@in' horse!

tabula.rassa
07-25-2009, 12:47 PM
my buddy randy and i are prepairing... lots of youtube and happiness... this will be... well... you know.

plexus
07-25-2009, 01:09 PM
wee!

jwb
07-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Last wager coming up then I'm going to walk across the street and see if I can hear any of the soundcheck.

jwb
07-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Anyone wondering. Tickets still availabe at the door.

CLaybobMastadon
07-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Can't believe there's still tickets available! Nokia's not that big...

SEE YOU ALL IN ABOUT 2 HOURS!!!

haven't seen Tool since '98. really looking forward to this... even if i did pay as much in service charges as i did for the fracking ticket!!!

CLaybobMastadon
07-25-2009, 02:13 PM
The Melvins are playing the diamond ballroom OKC also.
I saw them with TOOL on the Aenima tour back in 98.
This is my 7th show and i've been to this venue to see Killswitch Engage with LambofGod.
Mayhemfest is august 16th at the zoo amphitheatre,its like 12 bands.
go to zooamp.com

diamond ballroom is still open? that place fucking rocks!

jwb
07-25-2009, 02:19 PM
No luck with the soundcheck. Too big a place to hear anything - i guess, and it's hot as nuts outside.

sonnyboy11
07-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Anyone wondering. Tickets still availabe at the door.

What kinda seats? I checked at the US Airwaya show just for kicks and they had tickets but they were all partial view only.

aevasquez
07-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tooooooolllllll!!!!!!! lol

jwb
07-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Not sure where they were located, but I heard someone say they were $80 and you were only allowed to buy two.

jwb
07-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Soundcheck must have run late. Inside concourse, but not allowed to go to seats.

jwb
07-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Inside now. Place is nice. They just played "evil Joe" over the PA, got a few laughs. Meshugah? Oops. I should know how to spell that, is on now.

withSpirit
07-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Inside now. Place is nice. They just played "evil Joe" over the PA, got a few laughs. Meshugah? Oops. I should know how to spell that, is on now.

JWB, thanks for the updates, man. I'm really curious to see if they do anything different tonight after hearing about all the hype and mystery surrounding this show. I was at the SA show last night, and they were spot on. You have a lot to look forward to even if there isn't anything different about this show (assuming this is your first show this tour). Will you be updating the set list live?

withSpirit
07-25-2009, 04:41 PM
no, faith no more will not 'show up' at the show.
that sounds a bit ridiculous

But im curious how many of you think that we will see anything... any change in the setlist, cover song, altered version of a song, anything at all that world justify Blair saying:

"One of the best Tool shows ever will be on JULY 25... at the NOKIA THEATER at GRAND PRAIRIE. And being that it's such a big state... who knows... maybe more."

i mean... i think theres gotta be something to that statement...
but when has tool ever pulled out a 'surpise' for their fans?
other than once they played a extra extra encore of Faaip de Oiad. thats pretty fucking surprising.

im hoping to see something.

Keep in mind that when Blair made that announcement, the San Antonio date had not been announced yet. I think that may be all he was hinting at when he said 'maybe more'...another show in Texas (which would the one last night). As far as calling it 'one of the best ever' though, I'm not sure. Maybe they are going to do something different.

no_name
07-25-2009, 05:07 PM
yeah, i think he said that line exactly. TB should be starting now i think. show starts at 8 right?

jwb
07-25-2009, 05:40 PM
yeah, i think he said that line exactly. TB should be starting now i think. show starts at 8 right?

TB just finished up. Good stuff. Props to them. I'll try to keep it updated, but security is pretty much all over you if you bust out an iPhone when the lights are out. Guess they think it's a camera.

jwb
07-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Alex grey ad on now.

dave-tx
07-25-2009, 05:43 PM
TB just finished. My second time seeing these guys (last night was the first), and I really like them. Tool has been doing a great job picking openers the past several tours.

jwb
07-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Shit. Battery low.
White stage. White curtain behind. Looks 10,000 daysish

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Going in blind, setlist-wise.
Here we go.

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:06 PM
All in white.
Jambi.

lotus.
07-25-2009, 06:08 PM
follow Ganjalfs twitter

http://twitter.com/ganjalftdn

Jambi

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:15 PM
mjk speaking watch out for each other.
Stinkfist.

no_name
07-25-2009, 06:17 PM
cool. id like to hear more about the alex grey ad. I don't recall ever seeing/hearing that.

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:24 PM
spinning red star.
46-2.

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:31 PM
purple lights on dc.
Unknown intro.
Schism.

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Rosetta.

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Sounds like shit. No one into it.

Simmy
07-25-2009, 06:50 PM

Hope they turn it around soon, and thanks for keeping us updated it is appreciated!

withSpirit
07-25-2009, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't have expected that from this venue. Unless you mean Maynard's rapid fire vocals, in which case I agree, those do sound like shit. I don't understand why he doesn't do the low growl he does on the album. it's not like it would strain his voice.

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Visuals cool. Lasers just came out.

jwb
07-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Adam mjk just walked off stage.
Justin in purple spotlight.
Adam back.
Flood.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Mjk. Thanks for being texans.
Aenima.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Group in a row.
Like hush video.

no_name
07-25-2009, 07:18 PM
blow them kisses if you're close enough.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Drum set being brought out.
Triad?

no_name
07-25-2009, 07:20 PM
guest for lateralus. triad. lol. i wish you would get that.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:21 PM
dc making weird noises.

withSpirit
07-25-2009, 07:22 PM
guest for lateralus. triad. lol. i wish you would get that.
Haha yea...Triad. That would be intense, but I don't think they'd do it without first playing Disposition and Reflection.

no_name
07-25-2009, 07:26 PM
thanks ganjalf and jwb for keeping us all updated!!

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Sweet ag visuals going on.
Good call.
Justin in asombrero drinking Stella
lateralus.

Maz46&2
07-25-2009, 07:28 PM
thanks ganjalf and jwb for keeping us all updated!!

dittoe that.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Check that. Cowboy hat but big as shit

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Enter TB drummer.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Mjk is now wearing just his undies.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Uh. That last post was for the ladies.

spacement
07-25-2009, 07:38 PM
thanks ganjalf and jwb for all the updates!

godhenry
07-25-2009, 07:42 PM
i guess the band listened to everybody and decided to drop vicarious as their closer?

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Today speech.
Thanks for coming out. Mjk

unknown music being played.

withSpirit
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
i guess the band listened to everybody and decided to drop vicarious as their closer?

They played it last night. Doesn't seem like they'd drop it tonight.

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
vicarious.

Calypsu
07-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Uh. That last post was for the ladies.

LOL

Thanks!

=)

no_name
07-25-2009, 07:50 PM
let's see if that's it or they add one more....

no_name
07-25-2009, 07:50 PM
any girl who is following the live setlist reports is OK by me. lol

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Slightly changed. Might be because adams guitar ducked up

jwb
07-25-2009, 07:55 PM
that's it

ladycommish
07-25-2009, 07:55 PM
LOL

Thanks!

=)

and an additional lol.

thanks for the updates, guyz

withSpirit
07-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I guess that dispels the rumors of anything special happening. I'm trying to decide if Blair is an asshole, or if we just read too much into what he wrote.

Simmy
07-25-2009, 08:06 PM
I guess that dispels the rumors of anything special happening. I'm trying to decide if Blair is an asshole, or if we just read too much into what he wrote.

i think everyone read into it too much. i mean why would the band do something super special for just one show of the tour just because blair said so. i think he thought it would just be a good way to post the news confirming the show.

withSpirit
07-25-2009, 08:11 PM
i think everyone read into it too much. i mean why would the band do something super special for just one show of the tour just because blair said so. i think he thought it would just be a good way to post the news confirming the show.

I've always thought that as well. But in the back of my mind, I hoped maybe they'd warm up for the first 5 shows, and then either play a small amount of new material or play one or two really rare songs for the first time in Dallas, and then continue doing that for the rest of the tour. I never thought it would be only in Dallas, I just thought it might begin there, if they were going to do anything different.

sonnyboy11
07-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks ganjalf.

teknofear
07-25-2009, 09:16 PM
not to sound like Debbie Downer or anything, but I was completely stoked getting there (got there right after Jambi), but I was really expecting more from tonight. Was in sec 101, row Q, the fuckin little security guys were nazis about phones and such, but I was able to sneak a few pics (they're on pixerbog now). Yeah, Adam and Justin were wearing all white, Danny was in his usual basketball getup, MJK stripped down to his skivvies at one point, I think before Lateralus, where the drummer for TB came out in a Native American headdress, MJK said something like, "let the drum phagittry begin" (THAT"S LITERALLY WHAT HE SAID), which they did somewhat dualing drum solos (during Lateralus).

On a side note, as we got there late, once inside, made a dash for one of the beer stands, paid $7 for one Shiner (after the fuckin $15 for parking), made my way into the auditorium, was all ga-ga about being there, was walking down the steps between sections 201 and 202, was watching the stage not watching where I was going, and fuckin took a spill going down the steps. Rollled my fuckin ankle three ways to Sunday (gonna be a moderate sprain), and got a big-ass knot on my other knee.

That's probably what I'll remember most about this show.

The show was good overall, sound was pretty good, at least from my vantage point. Should've bit the bullet and traded my 101 (and some extra scratch) for a pit ticket. My bad, I'll know better next time.

Adam's guitar cut-out at one point during Vicarious, was interesting to see how they just rolled with it. MJK made some silly noises, Justin looked confused, but after a min or so, they got Adam back up and rolling again.

Oh yeah, has it always been $40 for T-shirts?

WTF, over.

EyesOfAFallenAngel
07-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah, sounds like nothing over the top special like it was made to seem. I don't think I read into it, when something is being called "the best ____ ever"...there should be something pretty significant about it. I'm sure it was still a great show, though.

CLaybobMastadon
07-25-2009, 10:17 PM
fuck that!

it was good.

imo great but even if going to this show isn't as rare for you as it was me, still a good show ever all. were any of the intro's / jams different?