View Full Version : 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

SadSummerSea
06-26-2009, 02:55 PM
August 02, 2009
Manchester, NH
Verizon Wireless Arena

Rod
06-26-2009, 11:16 PM
So this show sold out in under 55 minutes.

I think this was one of the top 3 loudest venues on the last tour. Their only show in the New England region apparently and I don't have a ticket. Not the best.

theamazingtool
06-27-2009, 06:25 AM
i got three. cant wait.

slamminsalmon
06-27-2009, 03:22 PM
im going to take the 3 hour ride!

watch out for this venue, no tolerance when it comes to smoking anything.

anyone dosing?

begmetostay
06-27-2009, 11:49 PM
shit he's right. I really might be selling my ticket.

eulogys
06-29-2009, 04:52 AM
I've been to dozens of events @ this venue and have NEVER had an issue with smoking anything inside. And if you are worried about smoking anything inside, just go outside into the cage, someones always smoking something out there.

slamminsalmon
06-29-2009, 09:32 AM
they were sending old ladies at us. as soon as a lighter with lit, we would get flooded. watching people try to smoke and the guards move in, took away from the show last time.

maybe it was just that night.

i do remember wandering around, and noticing there isnt a bad seat in the house unless you are far stage left or far stage right.

begmetostay
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
man I hope the people making these rules know they are just making me turn to harder drugs for the show. lol :)

slamminsalmon
06-30-2009, 05:29 AM
yeah, im gonna be on the floor this time. with my cousin. we are getting a room in town after the show. prolly gonna booze it up some.

canorus
06-30-2009, 09:36 AM
the floor is the best place to smoke J's or what have you...last time I had floor and it was easy. This time I will have balcony and it will probably be retarded as hell as far as security goes. Thats why I'm getting high high high in the parking lot beofre I go in.

hbynoe
07-04-2009, 04:46 AM
anyone have two extra tix for the floor...preferably section 1 or 2?
if so email me at [email protected]

eulogys
07-04-2009, 04:58 AM
there are no floor sections @ Manchester

CocaineEyes
07-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi I'm driving 2 hours to NH... sooo can I crash at someone's house? hehehe

slamminsalmon
07-05-2009, 08:22 PM
pm sent!

there are no floor sections @ Manchester

http://shup.com/Shup/182422/1096601941-My-Desktop.png

eulogys
07-05-2009, 11:01 PM
pm sent!

http://shup.com/Shup/182422/1096601941-My-Desktop.png

I really don't care what bullshit plan ticketmaster is showing for this show. We've got GA floor tickets and they've never had seats on the floor in Manchester when Tool plays there. And they aren't going to start with this show. In fact, I don't recall any concert I've seen there ever having seats on the floor.

slamminsalmon
07-06-2009, 06:52 AM
who said anything about seats? why are you so uppity?

eulogys
07-06-2009, 12:42 PM
who said anything about seats? why are you so uppity?

I'm not being uppity, I'm trying to make sure there's no misunderstanding on what someone should expect at this venue. hbynoe made a post wanting floor tickets in either section 1 or 2. I responded with a post stating that there were no sections on the floor. You then proceeded to quote that post and link to a picture of a floor plan to the venue showing sections on the floor
and drawing some stupid circle around the floor and circling "floor section seating" thereby implying that there are in fact sections on the floor and that there are also seats. I replied that that picture was irrelevant.

If you weren't trying to say there were seats, then what was the point of you post? Unless of course, you think that they are actually going to have sections on the floor roped off and you are only allowed to go into the section that your ticket might say.

slamminsalmon
07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
i see where we went wrong. i thought you were saying the floor is only seating, and i beLIEve you thought i was saying the same thing.

we are both on the same page though. there is a huge general admission style area. like most shows. floors are first come first shove. but unlike many in other venues you indeed need a ticket to access your sections. from my last experience at this venue, sneaking onto the floor was difficult. also probably the safest place to spark one.

200L
07-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I've got 3 General Admission tickets that I'm looking to trade for seats if anyone is interested.

I am looking to exchange these for tickets in sections 119-122, 106-109.

My girlfriend and I were planning on bringing her sister whom has never seen Tool before, but she recently got in a pretty bad motorcycle accident and there is no way she would be able to enjoy herself on the floor with a badly broken arm in a cast.

If you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Peace.

[email protected]

slamminsalmon
07-07-2009, 07:06 AM
the floor isnt too bad if you sit back. no less busy than the seated area. atleast there she may have more room in the back on the floor because everyone is shoved to the front

200L
07-07-2009, 07:17 AM
the floor isnt too bad if you sit back. no less busy than the seated area. atleast there she may have more room in the back on the floor because everyone is shoved to the front

The only problem with that is she will want to be able to sit down if she needs to, you know?

She's on a good amount of pain medication.

The poor girl shattered her left arm, messed up her right hip and knee among other minor injuries, so it wouldn't be fun for her at all, even at the back.

I'm hoping something works out.

slamminsalmon
07-07-2009, 08:58 AM
well best of luck, she could bring a wheel chair!

200L
07-07-2009, 10:46 AM
well best of luck, she could bring a wheel chair!

Not a bad idea, I'll keep that in mind.

begmetostay
07-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey People, If anyone has seat 2 or 4 of row E in section 104 please pm me. Same thing if you have seat 19 or 21 of row j in section 122. I have a deal for you.

muckeypup
07-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Who is driving up from Ct? Where from? I am coming from bridgeport..staying over Saturday and sunday. Anyone staying at the holiday Inn express? Lets meet for booze before show at the hotel's bar. I got this cool hotel package where they give you a disposable camera and transportation to and from the show!

begmetostay
07-19-2009, 07:36 AM
anyone else extremely weary about driving to NH to see the show you saw two years ago?

slamminsalmon
07-19-2009, 07:57 AM
i wasnt gonna buy a ticket if thats wut you mean?

Chadbourne
07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
im driving up to NH after the APW festival. i dont know how thats gonna work out - call me a moron. I figured we woudl get a shorter setlist for the Festival, and i wanted to see Tool both indoors and outdoors. so..yeah. they better not mail it in like ive been hearing from the other threads.

Rod
07-22-2009, 09:27 AM
so..yeah. they better not mail it in like ive been hearing from the other threads.

Because if they do ..... what?

Relax dude.

Chadbourne
07-22-2009, 09:31 AM
if they do then ill still enjoy it. im relaxed, i just hold these guys to a higher standard then other bands. i compare all live shows ive seen to thiers, like most people here im sure.

200L
07-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Anyone know how the parking is?

I've never been to this particular venue.

Too bad the show wasn't at Mansfield.

I like being able to tailgate before the show.

I'm still looking to trade my GA tickets if anyone is interested; I need seats.

Peace.

eulogys
07-23-2009, 10:09 AM

Peace.

Of the more then 50 events I've seen at this venue, I've yet to pay for parking. That's just something that the "locals" know where to park near the arena for free. However, there's a big Parking Garage at the Center of NH off Granite street right across Elm street from the arena. It is going to cost you money to park there (I don't know how much though), but that's 1 option. Another option available is to park for free down near the mills and walk up granite street to the arena, maybe 5 - 10 minutes. Since it's summer, the walk shouldn't be that bad. Then again, I've made that walk in the dead of winter after a Monarchs game and it wasn't that bad. Hope that helps 2OOL.

As for the tickets, I won't know until I get up there next wednesday, but my buddy does have 2 seats in section 106 that MIGHT be available to trade. They're at will call and I think they're spoken for by his girlfriends parents. Not sure if they would be willing to switch for the floor though. Keep looking and if you still have no luck, send me a PM at the end of next week and I'll see what I can do.

200L
07-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Of the more then 50 events I've seen at this venue, I've yet to pay for parking. That's just something that the "locals" know where to park near the arena for free. However, there's a big Parking Garage at the Center of NH off Granite street right across Elm street from the arena. It is going to cost you money to park there (I don't know how much though), but that's 1 option. Another option available is to park for free down near the mills and walk up granite street to the arena, maybe 5 - 10 minutes. Since it's summer, the walk shouldn't be that bad. Then again, I've made that walk in the dead of winter after a Monarchs game and it wasn't that bad. Hope that helps 2OOL.

As for the tickets, I won't know until I get up there next wednesday, but my buddy does have 2 seats in section 106 that MIGHT be available to trade. They're at will call and I think they're spoken for by his girlfriends parents. Not sure if they would be willing to switch for the floor though. Keep looking and if you still have no luck, send me a PM at the end of next week and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your response.

Take it easy.

Chadbourne
07-23-2009, 08:03 PM

Peace.

ID love to trade but im in a group of 3 - if you have 3 ill see if my group wants to switch.

200L
07-24-2009, 08:32 AM
ID love to trade but im in a group of 3 - if you have 3 ill see if my group wants to switch.

What a lovely coincidence; I have 3 that I want to trade.

Where are the tickets?

CallmeBebe
07-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Wooooooo 1 week away... I'm so excited! This will be my first TOOL show : )

Chadbourne
07-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Wooooooo 1 week away... I'm so excited! This will be my first TOOL show : )

good for you! your gonna enjoy it bebe.

slamminsalmon
07-27-2009, 02:13 PM
if you find me, ask me for a free hit of lsd.

grace
07-27-2009, 02:32 PM
I'll be flying to Boston on Thursday, this trip wasn't planned at all, so I didn't even think about buying a ticket, but now it looks like I'd be able to catch this show, so if anyone has an extra tic or is intrested in selling one please PM me. (don't really care about floors/sections/whatever)

Thanks,

Grace

edit: already got the ticket

200L
07-28-2009, 05:22 AM

Duly noted.

Chadbourne
07-28-2009, 07:57 AM

right on!

canorus
07-28-2009, 08:21 AM
if only someone had shrooms, damn they have become a fucking bitch to find, I CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE

slamminsalmon
07-28-2009, 08:29 AM
if you can find me ask me for some free shrooms lol

Chadbourne
07-28-2009, 08:43 AM
if only someone had shrooms, damn they have become a fucking bitch to find, I CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE

im going to the APW festival the day before this show - im hoping to find some good fungi there. if i do ill bring some along and PM you the morning of the show and will check the site again when i get to boston at my buddys place. even if its a cap and a stem by the tiem i get up there its better than nothing.

Im hoping the APW fest is good times with good people - but its in NJ so curb your hopes appropriately.

CocaineEyes
07-30-2009, 05:30 AM
if you can find me ask me for some free shrooms lol

Hey you can't give everyone your drugs for free!

slamminsalmon
07-30-2009, 05:55 AM
your not my boss!

Astarin Thesky
07-31-2009, 08:40 AM
I've got 3 General Admission tickets that I'm looking to trade for seats if anyone is interested.

My girlfriend and I were planning on bringing her sister whom has never seen Tool before, but she recently got in a pretty bad motorcycle accident and there is no way she would be able to enjoy herself on the floor with a badly broken arm in a cast.

Peace.

[email protected]

Trying to get a hold of the person holding my tickets to find out what section we are in. I do have 3 seat tickets though. I'll keep you posted if you're still looking for help.

Astarin Thesky
07-31-2009, 09:28 AM
So I just recently moved up here from Florida. Went to hundreds of shows in the Orlando area at House Of Blues and Hard Rock Live. I've never been to Manchester. I read in earlier posts that smoking can be a difficult task. :(
I would love to be able to burn right before TooL hits the stage. Is it really that tough to get a session in? Also, I know at Tsonges (spelling?) Arena in Lowell, they won't let you bring cigarettes or a lighter into the venue. Which in my opinion, is ridiculous. Is there at least a smoking area or something at this venue, or is security gonna be a bunch of Nazi's about bringing tobacco products in with me?
I've also been reading reviews from other shows this past week, and it seems to be hit or miss with the acoustics quality of different venues. Anyone know how the sound quality is at Verizon Arena? Thanks for any help you guys can offer. Like I said, I'm kinda new to the area. So I don't really know anyone in person that can help me with these questions.

Astarin Thesky
07-31-2009, 12:32 PM

Peace.

[email protected]

Hey 2OOL,
Nevermind man... My tickets definitely aren't what you're looking for. I'm in Sec 204 Row F.
A little further up than I first thought. Sorry bud.

Spacebird
07-31-2009, 02:26 PM
So this will be my first show, and I'm expecting to be trying to get my jaw to close for weeks. First post on this forum too, I've lurked for a while though. If anyone sees me at the show (skinny white kid in a blue tye died shirt) be sure to say hey. I'm bringing some supplies with, just in case, but def gonna be looking for doses before and after, I assume I won't have much trouble finding em?

My crew will be there early and looking to mingle, anyone who knows the area wanna plan on meeting up somewhere beforehand?

ChrisV
08-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey does anyone have an extra GA ticket they would be willing to part with for face value + fees? My girlfriend wants to go, but the prices are just ridiculous right now.

Spacebird
08-02-2009, 05:55 AM
I'll take the morning before my first Tool show over Christmas morning, no contest. Emotionally it's the same, excitement and anticipation, but today I know that none of the toys are going to suck.

My friends and I are still looking for shit to do before the show, none of us are familiar with Manchester. Any advice? Where do all the cool kids go to play?

slamminsalmon
08-02-2009, 09:13 AM
heading out for the show now! everyone have a safe and indifferent show!

Astarin Thesky
08-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I agree Spacebird. I'm soooooo excited for my first TooL show. A 15+ year fan, and have NEVER had the chance to see them. I'm going crazy right now. I wanna leave for the show, but the two people I'm going with aren't leaving till about 3-3:30.
Anticipation is killing me.

Bogart
08-02-2009, 06:55 PM
TA post from Blair males it out to be a special show...maybe new song not played?

One Dark Flame
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
TA post from Blair males it out to be a special show...maybe new song not played?

Damn. Now you got me interested!

WingsForMarie
08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
What'd blair say that hinted such a thing??

WingsForMarie
08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
apparently noone's gonna post the setlist tonight.... jeez

HVacisH
08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
apparently noone's gonna post the setlist tonight.... jeez

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT THE SETLIST WAS!!!!!
http://www.twitter.com/kylevmcveigh