SadSummerSea
06-26-2009, 02:48 PM
August 07, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
PNC Pavillion

ti175
06-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi everyone-

Long time lurker; first time poster. Been following the 2009 Tour discussion intently. Planning to go to Toronto, Cincinnati.

Anyway - I scored 4 100-level singles for the Cincy show this morning, and only need 2 of them. Does anyone out there need a good single, or a pair of singles? Selling for FACE VALUE, of course.

The seats are in:

Section 101, Row R (VERY high seat number - looks to be an aisle seat in the center section)
Section 100, Row P (VERY low seat number, right near the center aisle)

If interested - please PM me. Thanks!

Kevin

tooldude
06-28-2009, 01:00 PM
smallest venue on this tour (i think)...should be an amazing night. ill be making the 2 hour journey from indianapolis.

winste
07-01-2009, 11:21 AM
smallest venue on this tour (i think)...should be an amazing night. ill be making the 2 hour journey from indianapolis.

From Indy as well but going to Toronto first. Then Kings Island for some rides and then Tool. Pretty awesome mini vacation.

hbynoe
07-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Hello,

I am in the need of 2 tickets preferably in the Pit or 102 section of the stage. I am willing to pay face value or a little more. I didn't know that my plans for the summer would have included the possibilty of me seeing tool.
My GF just got her visa and we are making our way up from the Caribbean to see them. SO anyone that can help us...we would be forever indebted as we have been fans for more than a decade and finally....finally...we can experience them live TOGETHER for the first time.

love and light

you can reach me at [email protected]

millermt
07-10-2009, 06:31 AM
This is going to be the best show of the tour. Smallest venue, last standalone date, 2.5 weeks to work out any kinks... Can't wait!

tooldude
07-10-2009, 07:21 AM
This is going to be the best show of the tour. Smallest venue, last standalone date, 2.5 weeks to work out any kinks... Can't wait!

agreed.... its also maynards home state

croatoa
07-10-2009, 07:32 AM
From Indy as well but going to Toronto first. Then Kings Island for some rides and then Tool. Pretty awesome mini vacation.

I'll be staying about 5 minutes from KI in Mason, I'd love to go back for the water park alone, it's huge, unlike Cedar (Gouge Point) it doesn't cost anything extra on top of the park ticket.

I'll be making the drive from Ann Arbor, staying with my sis in Mason and rushing back the next day for a wedding, can't wait!
Hoping for less artsy fartsy, more rocking. This will be my 18th time seeing the band since 1996, and I've seen them do both artistic over load and adrenaline fueled rock concert, I prefer the latter. Not that I'll be upset with the long interludes and what-not, just happy to see Tool again.

croatoa
07-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Tool songs I've never seen performed live over 17 shows from 1996 to 2007:

Part of Me
Intolerance (gave up hope of ever seeing this one live long ago)
Bottom (same as above)
Disgustipated (not counting on it)
Ticks and Leeches
Intension

Would be very surprised to see any of the above performed in Cinci.

Alltheway82
07-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone have tickets available for the show in Cinci? I need two! Shoot me a PM.

Bogart
07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
This show should be the shit...got 2 pit tix.

xaja
07-16-2009, 07:52 AM
1 ticket for sale, section 100, Row G, Seat far right of the row, close to section 101. Selling for face value, $100. PM if interested.

mixgrafix
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
We are roadtrippin from Detroit to Cinci to see them. I have seen eight show in Ohio, and they have all been great. Can anyone recommend a hotel close to there to stay at? I will be way into my tool trance to drive after the show. [email protected]

collapsed shell
07-17-2009, 09:56 AM
my wife and i got the westin downtown for $90 total through hotwire. There was nothing all that great super close. Downtown is less than 10 miles away.

winste
07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
yeah, nothing in walking distance. We are staying at a Holiday Inn east of the venue about ten minutes. Many hotels and restaurants in the Eastgate area. My concern about going downtown was navigating the streets after a show. That and the $15 or $20 parking fee.

Having said that, the Westin, Hyatt and Hilton are all right downtown and usually pretty cheap on weekend. All are very nice as I have stayed at all for work.

Bogart
07-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Im shooting for front row. Im bringing my camera so I should get some good pics

SadSummerSea
07-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Im shooting for front row. Im bringing my camera so I should get some good pics

front row/cameras at a no-camera show usually equals no more camera for you. make sure your flash is off.

tooldude
07-17-2009, 02:29 PM
yeah, please dont piss off the band and ruin it for everyone else

Bogart
07-19-2009, 01:07 PM
yeah, please dont piss off the band and ruin it for everyone else

Im good man...I am well aware of how the band feels about photos and flash. If I can can get some good pics I will

hbynoe
07-21-2009, 06:24 PM
eventually scored 2 pit tix for me and my gal. i cant wait for this show such a surprise to be seeing them again so soon...

millermt
07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Looks like no tailgating in the PNC parking lot. So where's a good place to grab a cheap beer or two before the show?

420scooter
07-22-2009, 06:10 AM
Looks like no tailgating in the PNC parking lot. So where's a good place to grab a cheap beer or two before the show?

I don't think that there is anywhere that is particularly close to the venue. Anyone from Cincy that can help us out with this?

dmiller9500
07-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Native Cincinnatian here:

There is actually a place down the street from Riverbend (PNC Pavilion) called AJ's Roadhouse that is a restaurant/bar and has hotel rooms as well. I would guess they have roughly 25-30 rooms. I have never stayed there so I can't speak to the accomadations, but the restaurant/bar is usually a good time. This is easily with in walking distance. If not, the next closest hotels would be in Eastgate (OH I-275 Rt. 32 Exit) Holiday Inn Eastagate or Hampton Inn. There may be a hotel in Alexandria, KY (which is right across the river from Riverbend off I-275) near Northern Kentucky University as well. I know there are a handful of restaurants there and seems like I remembered a hotel being there as well, but I can't say for sure. Staying downtown isn't bad either. You would only have a 15 minute drive, or a $25 cab ride (I'm guessing).

As far as no tailgatting in the parking lot, that's news to me. Riverbend (PNC Pavilion) is located right next door to River Downs (horse racing). We always park in their lot for shows at Riverbend and enjoy a few cocktails before we go in. Actually River Downs has a decent bar, Thirst N' Howl Tiki Bar, that has $1 drafts on Friday afternoons. It should be a real nice day, which means plenty of eye candy between there and Coney Island (huge swimming pool located next door as well).

This is the 1st year for this venue (PNC Pavilion). River Bend has a larger ampitheatre stage and lawn seating venue that Tool has played before. PNC was built for River Bend to bring in smaller drawing acts that couldn't justify the larger accomadations, so it really surprises me that Tool is playing here. I'm not complaining though, the smaller venue should make for an amazing show and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I'm sure everyone will have a good time, let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Curbed Enthusiast
07-22-2009, 08:50 PM

There is actually a place down the street from Riverbend (PNC Pavilion) called AJ's Roadhouse that is a restaurant/bar and has hotel rooms as well. I would guess they have roughly 25-30 rooms. I have never stayed there so I can't speak to the accomadations, but the restaurant/bar is usually a good time. This is easily with in walking distance. If not, the next closest hotels would be in Eastgate (OH I-275 Rt. 32 Exit) Holiday Inn Eastagate or Hampton Inn. There may be a hotel in Alexandria, KY (which is right across the river from Riverbend off I-275) near Northern Kentucky University as well. I know there are a handful of restaurants there and seems like I remembered a hotel being there as well, but I can't say for sure. Staying downtown isn't bad either. You would only have a 15 minute drive, or a $25 cab ride (I'm guessing).

As far as no tailgatting in the parking lot, that's news to me. Riverbend (PNC Pavilion) is located right next door to River Downs (horse racing). We always park in their lot for shows at Riverbend and enjoy a few cocktails before we go in. Actually River Downs has a decent bar, Thirst N' Howl Tiki Bar, that has $1 drafts on Friday afternoons. It should be a real nice day, which means plenty of eye candy between there and Coney Island (huge swimming pool located next door as well).

This is the 1st year for this venue (PNC Pavilion). River Bend has a larger ampitheatre stage and lawn seating venue that Tool has played before. PNC was built for River Bend to bring in smaller drawing acts that couldn't justify the larger accomadations, so it really surprises me that Tool is playing here. I'm not complaining though, the smaller venue should make for an amazing show and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I'm sure everyone will have a good time, let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks for the info. I've got two questions for ya...what is the parking situation like at Riverbend? Is it a hassle to get out after events? I'm staying downtown and debating whether to drive or take a cab. Also, what's the security situation like? Since it's such a small venue I'm wondering if it will be a hassle to smoke.

dmiller9500
07-23-2009, 05:46 AM
Parking shouldn't be bad. The Riverbend/Coney Island lot is decent size, but the River Downs lot is huge. This a small venue as well, so there should only be a little over 4,000 there. Also, parking is already factored in to the price of the ticket, so these lots are free. I'm not sure on the security/smoking issue, mainly because I'm not a smoker. This will be the first show I've seen at this venue. At the larger River Bend venue it doesn't seem that hard to do, but again this venue is a lot smaller so security will not have as much room to cover.

hbynoe
07-23-2009, 06:50 AM

thanks for your kind offer, i am making my way over from NYC to see the show and i am wondering if it is a hassle to get a taxi downtown afterwards? do they run late in case i want to stick around after the show and have a couple drinks etc? thanks

dmiller9500
07-23-2009, 07:33 AM
That's a good question on the taxi. I have no 1st had experience w/ taking a cab from River Bend, but I would think that you could get a cab after the show pretty easily. If you are taking a cab to the show get the driver's number and tell him that you will call him for a pick up after the show. I will say that there is no night life around River Bend. there are 2 bars down the street AJ's Roadhouse to the east and Lebo's to the west. You could walk to AJ's (a little long though) but Lebo's is about 1 mile. Most of the night life here is either downtown or across the river in northern KY (Newport and Covington).

hbynoe
07-23-2009, 08:05 AM
okay thanks then, i will just get a taxi organized then go downtown and get wasted and reflect. cheers.

Christopher-GOBLIN
07-23-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't think that there is anywhere that is particularly close to the venue. Anyone from Cincy that can help us out with this?

You could probably stop by my car...I know there will be drinks and what-not. =v]

Christopher-GOBLIN
07-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Making a 2 hour drive from Columbus to this show. Also seeing them in North Carolina a week and a half before. I think this will be my fourth or fifth time seeing them. I'm already so excited I can barely sit still. Everyone is so pissed about the set list, but dude, we love all those songs, maybe there's one you dislike, but to get to see them live....AWESOME. Can't wait...

Enough about how awesome the show will be...Cincinasty is an awesome town to run around in. Very fun place. I seen some naked bitches at a bar called (I think it is spelled) SULLY'S. They got a mechanical bull which is a magnet for hot pussy for some reason. Bunch of other fun places too...

MSG me if you got any information on previous live shows too plz.

Peece brothers.

dmiller9500
07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Your getting two bars mixed up, but there right down the street from each other so your still good. Sully's is downtown on 7th and Race and is always loaded, Cadillac Ranch is on 6th street and has the bull. You'll hurt your neck spinning to see all the tail in Cadillac Ranch, your right though, they love that bull.

winste
07-23-2009, 11:31 AM
What chick doesn't like something vibrating and moving quickly between her legs.

xaja
07-24-2009, 07:28 AM
1 ticket for sale, section 100, Row G, Seat far right of the row, close to section 101. Selling for face value, $100. PM if interested.

Ticket is sold

hbynoe
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
just booked the holiday inn eastgate...

i am so bloody excited...whooo hoo

capthowdy1027
07-29-2009, 05:01 PM
A couple things to speak on that I read earlier in the thread that I don't feel like quoting at the moment, ahah.

As far as tailgating I'm pretty sure you can do it in the actually Riverbend / PNC Pavillion parking lot, but not the ones across the street and such that don't actually belong to the venue.

This is actually the 2nd year that PNC Pavillion has been open, but no big deal. As somebody else said, I'm confused why they are playing this venue. It only holds 4,000 people and Riverbend is right next door which holds 20,000 including the lawn. And, last time they came here they played the US Bank Arena which seats 17,000. So, I just don't get why such a small venue, that sold out super fast. Why not play one of the bigger ones? Oh well, I'm not bitching cause it's gonna be awesome to see them so up close and personal this time. My friends and I scored 5 Gen Ad Pit seats, so it's gonna be awesome.

I can't wait!

Also like a few people said there is not much night life around Riverbend, but go to downtown Cincinnati and you'll find plenty to do. Cadalac Ranch is very fun, but pretty expensive if you're gonna do some drinking. My hang out of choice is a place called Tina's. It's more or less a whole in the wall, but it's alot of fun and very affordable. That's where I will be after the show. Same thing we all did after the US Bank Arena show last time.

btravis311
07-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Man, I gotta say I'm really looking forward to seeing Tool in this venue. I'm in the pit, but am kind of wishing I had a good 100 level seat now that I've seen how intimate the pavilion is. Anybody interested in trading a good seat for a spot in the pit? PM me if so.

I hope it's raining that night, and that nobody acts a fool. Fingers crossed for something special. See you there.

capthowdy1027
07-30-2009, 06:30 AM
I know the whole place holds 4,000 but does anybody know how many the actual pit holds? I wonder how freakin' early I'm going to have to get there to try to get a spot on the front rail.

hbynoe
07-30-2009, 10:07 AM
i was wondering that as well capthowdy....i am hoping someone sheds some light soon as i want to be able to get there in time to get by the rail.

croatoa
07-30-2009, 10:56 AM
From the looks of the venue diagram, you could be at the back of the pit and still be outrageously close, I think everyone who has tix for that area is in for an amazing show (hopefully no aggressive assholes ruin it for you guys), as is everyone else with tix elsewhere for that matter.

I've reconciled with the setlist, and plan on being nice and toasty when they hit the stage, plus I missed Flood last time out, so I'm really looking forward to it.

capthowdy1027
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I emailed PNC Pavilion and asked them a couple weeks ago about what there camera policy is, and how many people the pit holds. There response was 'we don't know what the camera policy is, ask again a couple days before the show'. No answer about the size of the pit.

I'd like to get there early enough to try to get on the rail, just so I can say I was finally front row at a TOOL show, but I know that probably won't happen. But, like croatoa said, no matter where in the pit I end up it's going to be closer than I have ever been before.

I'm also hoping for no aggresive assholes, but I know they'll be there. My wife is actually worried about being in the pit. Getting pushed around by all the bigger people, and I don't blame her. I just hope I don't have to concentrate on pushing people out of her way the whole show to where I can't enjoy the show myself because of it.

http://www.pncpavilion.com/maps.php

Seating chart for the venue^

From the looks of it, I very roughly counted how many little squares are in the pit, and it looks to be about 200 in each pit section, so 600 total. Compared to how many people are usually on the floor at a TOOL show, that ain't shit.

Bogart
07-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I think this is going to be a special concert for those of us who are going. Not only is it the smallest most intimate place they are playing at during this whole tour, it's also Maynard's home state. Maynard has said that playing the midwest is one of his favorite places to tour because it seems the fans really appreciate the music more. Also, this will be their first date playing back in the states from the Canada leg of the tour. Its going to be a magical evening...see you on the other side

tooldude
07-30-2009, 02:50 PM
AND its the last non-festival show!

hbynoe
07-30-2009, 04:27 PM
and it is going to be awesome cause i am traveling eons of miles to see it....lol...bring on the cover dudes :P

capthowdy1027
07-30-2009, 05:08 PM
We should all get a nice little TDN meet up going at the show.

Curbed Enthusiast
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I think this is going to be a special concert for those of us who are going. Not only is it the smallest most intimate place they are playing at during this whole tour, it's also Maynard's home state. Maynard has said that playing the midwest is one of his favorite places to tour because it seems the fans really appreciate the music more. Also, this will be their first date playing back in the states from the Canada leg of the tour. Its going to be a magical evening...see you on the other side

I have seen Tool seven times, and three of them have been in Ohio. And usually before every concert, people seem to think that it's going to be special because Maynard is from Ohio. I can't really tell much difference between those shows and any others. They might be more "on" that night, but sorry guys, you're not going to hear Jimmy. Or anything else new (old). That said, I'm sure it will still be kickass.

And bogart I wasn't directing all of that towards you - your post just reminded me of the overhyping that seems to surround Ohio shows.

Bogart
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM

Sounds good...ill be the guy there with the Lateralus shirt on

hbynoe
07-30-2009, 06:57 PM

ill be down for that!

capthowdy1027
07-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm going to wear my 10,000 tour shirt, and my trusty Michelob hat. My wifey will probably wear the brown shirt that has the tool defintion in the spiral on the back. So, if you see that combo of people, make sure you say hi.

Bogart
07-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Big party at my crib after the show...I live in Eastgate

hbynoe
07-30-2009, 08:42 PM
i dont know what i will be wearing yet however me thinks black and a dress, pretty hard to miss. Ill be with a short bald indian| dark skinned chick who will most likey be wearing a white headwrap of some sorts.

We should definitely try to get something definitive down soon.

bogart----wished i knew OH more...first time over that way

capthowdy1027
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Bogart, that sounds cool.

hbynoe, Eastgate is about 15 or so minutes away from Riverbend, not far at all.

Let's get the shit together.

hbynoe
07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
well i am definitely down for an after show deal. I am staying at the Holiday Inn in Eastgate so i suppose that is nearby and not to out of the way. Will check with the lady to see if she will be down and ill get back to you guys. I miss meet ups.

caddywompus
07-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Great information!
Can't wait!
Power to the People!

P.S.-Just cause M. is from Ohio, doesn't mean he gets all fluttery inside.............I wouldn't be proud of it.............even though things will change here.......it'll have a decent climate.

The Heart!!!

capthowdy1027
07-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Looks like 80 degrees and thunder storms next Friday. Of course that can change between now and then, but that'll suck for standing in line to get in.

hbynoe
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
anyone aware of how the sound is at the venue? i am curious.

capthowdy1027
07-31-2009, 01:15 PM
I've never been to PNC Pavilion but been to Riverbend a million times. It's an outdoor venue so those are usually best for acoustics. No walls or ceilings for the sound to bounce off of. So, it should sound fucking great.

Just called Riverbend box office and asked about the camera and tailgating policy. No tailgating allowed, and they said you can bring in a camera as long as it 'fits in a gentlemen's shirt pocket'. So, I guess that just means no huge digital SLR cameras or something? Sucks no tailgating though, they used to let you. I guess people got stupid about it and they had to cut it off.

hbynoe
07-31-2009, 02:44 PM
holy hell..didn't know it was outdoors..that rocks..i have only seen tool outdoor at the PNC bank arts center and that shit was unforgettable...cool thanks cap!

capthowdy1027
07-31-2009, 06:15 PM
No problem man. If you go to the link I posted on the previous page, there is pics of the venue on there. There is a roof over the place, I think, but it's pretty much all open.

rembrandt_q_einstein
07-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Sounds good...ill be the guy there with the Lateralus shirt on

I'm going to wear my 10,000 tour shirt, and my trusty Michelob hat. My wifey will probably wear the brown shirt that has the tool defintion in the spiral on the back. So, if you see that combo of people, make sure you say hi.

have you people not seen pcu? dont be that guy! but seriously, not to be a dick but why wear a shirt for the band youre going to see? if youre there, youre obviously a fan. it just seems like overkill to me. i see it more at tool shows and nin shows than any other band too. anywho, ill be the guy in the "LES CLAYPOOL FOR PRESIDENT" t shirt.

capthowdy1027
08-01-2009, 06:47 AM
Haha, that's true, but I've just always done it.

Bogart
08-01-2009, 11:46 AM
have you people not seen pcu? dont be that guy! but seriously, not to be a dick but why wear a shirt for the band youre going to see? if youre there, youre obviously a fan. it just seems like overkill to me. i see it more at tool shows and nin shows than any other band too. anywho, ill be the guy in the "LES CLAYPOOL FOR PRESIDENT" t shirt.

I was just being a dick man...how many people there will have a Lateralus shirt on?

Ganjalf
08-01-2009, 11:51 AM

I wouldn't really consider ohio midwest...

FrankBlack007
08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
The wife and I will be proudly wearing our Tool Army shirts, and if that bothers anyone I can assure you I will be far too drunk to care ;)

hbynoe
08-01-2009, 12:41 PM
t-minus 6 days...

Bogart
08-01-2009, 02:47 PM

Is that right....well, I hate to break it ya bud, but it is

420scooter
08-01-2009, 03:44 PM

Not trying to be a dick either, but Ohio is definitely in the midwest...I mean if not, what is it? East Coast?

millermt
08-01-2009, 04:02 PM
The wife and I will be proudly wearing our Tool Army shirts, and if that bothers anyone I can assure you I will be far too drunk to care ;)

+1 on the TA shirt

capthowdy1027
08-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I was just being a dick man...how many people there will have a Lateralus shirt on?

My plan was to just walk up to everybody with one on and ask if they are Bogart.

I hope to be somewhat to drunk to give a shit as well, but beers are $6.50 there. After visiting the merch booth, I'll be next to poor.

tonguedrop
08-01-2009, 05:11 PM
I'll be wearing my "MAYNARD KEENAN IS A BASTERD" T Shirt, home made with a sharpie, just for QT...

My lovely lady and I, Cincinnati natives, just returned from a wicked year in Los Angeles, seeking out the heart of the Tool beast, in which we saw Volto! 5 times, Pigmy Love Circus once, Puscifer once (IN Vegas bitch!!!!) , spoke with Adam and Alex Grey at a live Visionary Art painting downtown, went to ass holes wine bottle signing (love ya maynard!) and got to chat it up with Mr. Danny, Rynne and Mr. Blair out back at The 'Tater on more than one occasion, about Terence McKenna, Aleister Crowley, fusion jazz, prime camping spots, Jack Daniels, dimethyl-tryptamine and communication with inter dimensional beings. Even got Blair to scribble on a copy of IJYNX for us. All this in 12 calendar months, it was larger than life man, and it was a really nice look at what these guys bring to the table as individuals to make this thing tick!

So shit was making perfect sense coming home to the only midwest Tool date (outside of Lolla) in our front yard : )

We'd like to raise a glass high in the air and wish everyone a great fucking time, we are super excited and I dont care what anyone is saying about the set, its a treat to see these guys throw down. 13 time vet dating back to '97 Hara Arena : )

peace love and orgasms in between
j

usedabused
08-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Not trying to be a dick either, but Ohio is definitely in the midwest...I mean if not, what is it? East Coast?

Haha... OH ...!!!

Fuck a buncha buckeyes! Go Big Blue!!

lol
/hides

420scooter
08-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Haha... OH ...!!!

Fuck a buncha buckeyes! Go Big Blue!!

lol
/hides

They sure went didn't they? How many years in a row have they "gone"?...2064 days to be exact since Michigan beat Ohio State...pretty soon a rock band may name an album after them....ten thousand days in the big house is long enough, I'm goin home....

usedabused
08-02-2009, 08:17 AM
They sure went didn't they? How many years in a row have they "gone"?...2064 days to be exact since Michigan beat Ohio State...pretty soon a rock band may name an album after them....ten thousand days in the big house is long enough, I'm goin home....

Haha
I got no clue. I can't stand either. I'm an SEC girl... :)

So not to be accused of going off topic.. I'm be there around 5. Were getting a room cause I don't feel like driving 2 hours home afterwards. We'll be staying on the KY side in Newport near NKU. I'll probably end up eating at Johnny rockets or some shit cause I'm taking my kid with me.

Tone Loc
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I know we will get the same setlist as everyone else has this tour, but as long as I get Maynard's standard "Round on the outside, high in the middle," it will be worth it. As always.

Bogart
08-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Im calling this now...theyll play Eulogy. And ToneLoc its a guarantee he'll say round on the sides hiigh in the middle

420scooter
08-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Im calling this now...theyll play Eulogy. And ToneLoc its a guarantee he'll say round on the sides hiigh in the middle

I've seen a lot of Ohio shows and he has said that phrase in most...it always seemed to me that he didn't get the response he was looking for from it.

Bogart
08-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Nope...I ask people from Ohio all the time if they know what that means; a very few do. Thats probably why he does it

usedabused
08-02-2009, 09:30 PM
If I remember correctly, I think last tour, in 07, there was some discussion about that quote at the show in Cincy. I went to the Huntington show the night after and I remember people commenting on it.

I didn't know what it meant, but I never claimed to be from the midwest, oh.. sorry. I mean, OHIO! :)

capthowdy1027
08-03-2009, 06:53 AM
How hard is it to figure out what that means? I know MJK said it at the Columbus show on the 10K Days tour, but I don't remember him saying it at the Cincinnati show.

fatback_mcswain
08-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Can I interest anyone in picking up a regular poster for me? I'll pay $50 for a mint one shipped to Canada. PM me if interested.

dmiller9500
08-03-2009, 07:17 AM
How hard is it to figure out what that means? I know MJK said it at the Columbus show on the 10K Days tour, but I don't remember him saying it at the Cincinnati show.

He did say it at Columbus 10K Days tour, but he also said it in Cincy in '07 and in Cincy on the Lateralus tour. Actually in '07 I think he just said "Round on the outside" and let the crowd say HI in the middle.

BTW, I'll be amazed if you can't drink a few cocktails in the parking lots before the show. I'm sure they told you no tailgating, but I think that's just what they're supposed to say.

capthowdy1027
08-03-2009, 09:13 AM
I hope so, but if not no big deal. I did tell this to a friend of mine who went to see Dave Matthews at Riverbend a few weeks ago and he said they had security walking around the parking lot telling people to put there beer away and what not.

orlykys
08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Is there anyplace to eat around the venue?

hbynoe
08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
so have we decided on a tdn meetup?

YUBitchin
08-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Scalping is legal in Cincinnati.

With, say around 4,100 tickets available and sold out immediately.

How much for a ticket on site?

capthowdy1027
08-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Tickets on Stub Hub and sites like there are going for around $120 - $180. On ebay some people are asking like $250 for pit seats.

FrankBlack007
08-03-2009, 03:56 PM

Indeed, Nardo opened the Columbus show with "What's round on both ends and high in the middle? Pay attention stoners..."

However, no such joke was mentioned at the Cinti show last go around, to the best of my knowledge.

420scooter
08-03-2009, 07:49 PM

Well, I was actually talking about shows like Hara Arena ('97) and Ozzfest('98)...I was not at the Cincy show in '07...I remember him doing more back in the day than on recent tours.

usedabused
08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Indeed, Nardo opened the Columbus show with "What's round on both ends and high in the middle? Pay attention stoners..."

However, no such joke was mentioned at the Cinti show last go around, to the best of my knowledge.

Well Damn.. I told ya I wasn't there! Perhaps it WAS Columbo.. who knows? It was 2 years ago. Who remembers that shit?

If you find me in the pavillion (there ARE only 4,098 other people there) I'll buy you a beer.

usedabused
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM

And.. I had absolutely NO idea what it meant. What is it with Ohio people and the word Ohio? You don't see other states making up weird shouting games with their names. As a non-native of Ohio, I find it offensive.

Damnit.

snark!!

rembrandt_q_einstein
08-04-2009, 04:18 AM
And.. I had absolutely NO idea what it meant. What is it with Ohio people and the word Ohio? You don't see other states making up weird shouting games with their names. As a non-native of Ohio, I find it offensive.

Damnit.

snark!!

thats because people from ohio, like myself, are original and awesome. serial.

p.s. love your quote! "try not to suck any dick on the way to the parking lot."

FrankBlack007
08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Well Damn.. I told ya I wasn't there! Perhaps it WAS Columbo.. who knows? It was 2 years ago. Who remembers that shit?

If you find me in the pavillion (there ARE only 4,098 other people there) I'll buy you a beer.

For a free beer, I will ask 5,000 people if necessary. It'll be easy to spot me...a tall lanky (and likely wobbly) guy with a hot woman wearing his and her TA shirts. Do NOT be afraid to offer me beer ;)

FrankBlack007
08-04-2009, 01:29 PM

Damnit.

snark!!

As a lifelong Ohio resident, I admit I'm clueless to these things. Especially in Columbus with the mildly sad "OH!" "IO!" shout n' respond. I think that one comes from a deep, regional pride from being able to spell our state in full with few mistakes in the order of letters. Most Ohioans are in fact round in the middle and high on both ends, but "Hiohi" looks too Japanese for a name change.

It could be worse....

...we could be Texas.

millermt
08-04-2009, 02:06 PM
So where is the meetup?

420scooter
08-04-2009, 05:27 PM
As a lifelong Ohio resident, I admit I'm clueless to these things. Especially in Columbus with the mildly sad "OH!" "IO!" shout n' respond. I think that one comes from a deep, regional pride from being able to spell our state in full with few mistakes in the order of letters. Most Ohioans are in fact round in the middle and high on both ends, but "Hiohi" looks too Japanese for a name change.

It could be worse....

...we could be Texas.

I don't think the OH IO chant has anything to do with state pride, especially in Columbus. A lot of people in this state care about one thing...football.

usedabused
08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't think the OH IO chant has anything to do with state pride, especially in Columbus. A lot of people in this state care about one thing...football.

Ohio ppl are insane about teh foosball.

So we are all meeting where? I ask cause ppl keep asking but noone answers so it seemed like the thing to do. Personally, I won't be meeting up with any of you losers. I'll have my 10 year old in tow so no drinks for me!

Tone Loc
08-04-2009, 09:48 PM

The "O-H-I-O" chant is 100% geared toward Ohio State football. As it should be. Fuck Michigan.

FrankBlack007
08-04-2009, 10:30 PM

My post was tongue-in-cheek. I'm well aware of OSU's chant and the excitement it generates, and I'm not necessarily mocking it. Being surrounded by people all cheering (or chanting) the same thing is a pretty cool thing. Seeing as I don't care about football doesn't make me care less....when that chant happens I feel like a parent watching his little cub scout cheer some recitation that everyone loves: It's not what I would do, but the sheer joy I see is cool enough.

I love Ohio.

Well, some of it.

FrankBlack007
08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Ohio ppl are insane about teh foosball.

So we are all meeting where? I ask cause ppl keep asking but noone answers so it seemed like the thing to do. Personally, I won't be meeting up with any of you losers. I'll have my 10 year old in tow so no drinks for me!

I won't be able to meet pre-show with anyone (I'm too old and deaf and shy for such a thing), but like I said I should be easy to spot: a 6-foot Fraggle with a hot wife wearing him n' her TA shirts. I'd love to shake hands and/or get a pic with anyone willing. I smoke so I'll be wherever they herd us nicotine idiots. Hope to meet some of you there!

I'll not be without my wife at any time, so just ask if I'm FrankBlack, if that helps.

And you can't drink?! And here I was thinking you were genuine on your offer....sigh. Our 14-mo-old will be at the inlaws until we pick him up post-show.

But....but.....you promised a beer!!!!

FrankBlack007
08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Let's make this one cool.

I understand the bitchiness about the setlist. I see the points, and they are vaild

But I'd REALLY like to think that THIS show will be the one where everyone chills out, knows what's coming, and just plain enjoys themselves.

Most of the people coming to this show will be from out of state. And most of them will have paid a shitload of cash and lots of travel expenses to see our band play in a smallish, intimate arena.

C'mon, folks. You know what they're going to play (or more specifically, what they're NOT going to play). Let's keep an open mind about this.

Criticism is wholly warranted, but, after reading everything about this mini-tour so far you walk away pissed....I mean, what did you expect? "Eulogy"? "The Patient"? It ain't gonna happen.

So why not just enjoy the show and hope for the best?

Lots of people just wanna rock out at the show, go home, and resume their lives. I know, I know, "Fuck these guys! Maynard doesn't care about us! Money grab! Screwups!"

Any chance we can just enjoy the show? I for one will. It may not be the best Tool show, and it hopefully won't be the worst, but I hope everyone just...has a good time.

Only two days left. Let's try to be positive and make this show fun.

Sorry to take up your time. I had a lot to say. I had a lot of nothing to say.

capthowdy1027
08-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I agree dude. Of course there is different songs I'd like to see them play, but oh well. It's Tool and it's gonna be a blast. That's good enough for me. I've never seen them do a bad show, and I doubt this one is going to break that streak at all.

capthowdy1027
08-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Just curious, does anybody know how long it took this show to sell out? I've heard anywhere from 6 minutes to 20 minutes.

Turns out 2 of my friends ended up not being able to go, so there sold there 2 tickets on Craigslist today for $350.

420scooter
08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Just curious, does anybody know how long it took this show to sell out? I've heard anywhere from 6 minutes to 20 minutes.

Turns out 2 of my friends ended up not being able to go, so there sold there 2 tickets on Craigslist today for $350.

I don't know, but I know that the tickets that I bought took longer than six minutes to "process" or whatever, in fact the first tickets I pulled up timed out and I had to start over, so my guess is closer to twenty minutes.

capthowdy1027
08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
^Hey dude, we're from the same location! haha.

I figured that would be closer to the correct time. Our tickets where bought from the box office at 10:04 and we ended up with pit seats.

Speaking of pit seats, I just read this on the PNC Pavilion site:
**General Admission Pit tickets will be exchanged for special wristbands upon entering and you will receive a ticket back upon leaving the concert.

Never seen anybody do that before. Good way to keep people out of the pit that didn't pay for pit seats though.

Bogart
08-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Let's make this one cool.

I understand the bitchiness about the setlist. I see the points, and they are vaild

But I'd REALLY like to think that THIS show will be the one where everyone chills out, knows what's coming, and just plain enjoys themselves.

I agree mang...Im just happy to see Tool live. Im aware they're old, Im aware that Maynard can't belt out those notes, I know Im not going to hear some of the classic tunes like Eulogy...but Im still amped to see a band that always delivers for me live. I've had my classic Tool moments...front row in front of Danny and Justin during the Lateralus tour...hearing Third Eye, The Grudge, Pushit...and many of my other favorites. This time around it's more about my girlfriend. Im more excited about her seeing them than anything. I havent told her much about their live shows, she doesn't know much about the band, and has only been to a few concerts. She'll love it. She wants to hear Aenema live, it's her favorite song of theirs. I know they will play it, but I won't tell her....she'll wig out. 2 more days kids

capthowdy1027
08-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Hell yeah. 48 hours from now we'll probably watching the closing of the show. Can't freakin wait.

420scooter
08-05-2009, 08:25 PM
^Hey dude, we're from the same location! haha.

I figured that would be closer to the correct time. Our tickets where bought from the box office at 10:04 and we ended up with pit seats.

Speaking of pit seats, I just read this on the PNC Pavilion site:
**General Admission Pit tickets will be exchanged for special wristbands upon entering and you will receive a ticket back upon leaving the concert.

Never seen anybody do that before. Good way to keep people out of the pit that didn't pay for pit seats though.

Yeah, we were looking for 3 together, unfortunately. I immediately pulled up 3 in section 100, but something happened with my computer/connection/ticketbastard's site, and it timed out. I had to try again, and by that time, there were not three together anywhere!! So we started looking for 2 and got the seats that we have now...101 row N...almost dead center. It then took probably 5 or more minutes to allow us to pay for them, etc. We had to buy my buddy a single by himself in a separate transaction. Anyway, that obviously took more than six minutes to go through all of that.

hbynoe
08-05-2009, 09:40 PM
well i picked up our greyhound tickets today and the hotel is booked. leaving NYC with the wifey tomorrow night in for a 17 hour ride over. Will be getting at the venue around 5 or so to stand like dorks in the line..

if you guys see us say hi.

less than two days

hbynoe
08-05-2009, 10:05 PM
p.s question...the pit has seats?

thought it was just floor.......

usedabused
08-05-2009, 10:56 PM
p.s question...the pit has seats?

thought it was just floor.......

Seats that have been removed!!! Tada!

Talk about your spaceage shit!

millermt
08-06-2009, 04:17 AM
I'll be there with my brother, who at 38 years old has never been to a Tool show. He is pretty psyched, and I'm glad to be there when he experiences it for the first time in what looks to be an awesome venue. I haven't told him what to expect, so I am fully expecting his mind to be blown. I'll be there in a TA shirt with a guy who looks like a slightly older, darker haired, crazier version of me. Say hi if you see us.

dmiller9500
08-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Not too sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. I can't wait to experience Tool in this venue. I'm taking my dad to his first Tool concert, and we're in the pit, I'm not sure he's ready for this. I'm hoping my fellower pitters are like me and beyond the days of moshing. He knows a few songs, so I burned him a CD of the expected set list to get him ready. He's excited to see/hear Danny. He's a big Rush fan so he obviously has good taste in drummers. Here's to hoping it's a night to remember.

hbynoe
08-06-2009, 06:28 AM
Seats that have been removed!!! Tada!

Talk about your spaceage shit!

saweet...although i had a great dream last night about the show because i was paranoid that it was seated...i am weird.

hbynoe
08-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Not too sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. I can't wait to experience Tool in this venue. I'm taking my dad to his first Tool concert, and we're in the pit, I'm not sure he's ready for this. I'm hoping my fellower pitters are like me and beyond the days of moshing. He knows a few songs, so I burned him a CD of the expected set list to get him ready. He's excited to see/hear Danny. He's a big Rush fan so he obviously has good taste in drummers. Here's to hoping it's a night to remember.

awesome you are bringing your dad...there will be at least two other people in the pit who are advanced individuals and anti moshing since we are fragile and small. I dont think ill be able to sleep either..i am pretty fucking excited...tomorrow...yay

dmiller9500
08-06-2009, 06:55 AM
awesome you are bringing your dad...there will be at least two other people in the pit who are advanced individuals and anti moshing since we are fragile and small. I dont think ill be able to sleep either..i am pretty fucking excited...tomorrow...yay

My dad is only 51, so he won't be using a walker or cane tomorrow. I figure he's roughly 20 years older than your average attendee at a Tool concert. Just like I'm (32) roughly 20 years younger than your average age at a Rush show.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall a lot of moshing at the Cincy US Bank Show back in 2007. I was on the floor, but closer to the middle-back area. Let's hope this is a trend. Hara Arena in 97 was a totally different story.

420scooter
08-06-2009, 07:09 AM
My dad is only 51, so he won't be using a walker or cane tomorrow. I figure he's roughly 20 years older than your average attendee at a Tool concert. Just like I'm (32) roughly 20 years younger than your average age at a Rush show.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall a lot of moshing at the Cincy US Bank Show back in 2007. I was on the floor, but closer to the middle-back area. Let's hope this is a trend. Hara Arena in 97 was a totally different story.

What a great show that Hara Arena 97 was...years ago, my buddy and I (who were both there, obviously) found a bootleg cassette tape of that show at a local used record shop!! I accidentally taped over part of it with some ridiculous Xmas songs from fucking icp...he almost killed me and probably had the right to. Luckily, I grew out of that phase REAL quick.

dmiller9500
08-06-2009, 08:19 AM
What a great show that Hara Arena 97 was...years ago, my buddy and I (who were both there, obviously) found a bootleg cassette tape of that show at a local used record shop!! I accidentally taped over part of it with some ridiculous Xmas songs from fucking icp...he almost killed me and probably had the right to. Luckily, I grew out of that phase REAL quick.

That's still one of the best concerts I've ever been to, in fact that was my first Tool show. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that. If my memory is right, I believe MJK wore nothing but white boxers while his body was painted completly purple with white and black poke-a-dots. Wild. Do you recall who the warm up band was for that show?

FrankBlack007
08-06-2009, 08:39 AM
For what it's worth, I called PNC and was told doors open at 7pm tomorrow.

Giggity.

420scooter
08-06-2009, 08:42 AM
That's still one of the best concerts I've ever been to, in fact that was my first Tool show. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that. If my memory is right, I believe MJK wore nothing but white boxers while his body was painted completly purple with white and black poke-a-dots. Wild. Do you recall who the warm up band was for that show?

I'm going to say The Melvins....according to info on tdn, it was either them, or bands I've never heard of called Lodestar or Propellor. I was in the seats towards the back for this one, so I didn't get a great view of Maynard.

420scooter
08-06-2009, 08:45 AM
I did, however see them in November of 96 at the Newport in C-bus, and I know for sure that Maynard was "bright, blue and shimmering" that night...head to toe.

dmiller9500
08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
That's right, it was the Melvins. The reason I asked was that I remember bumping into a friend from high school that night and he said he was there to see them (Melvins), which blew my mind (actually still does).

millermt
08-06-2009, 09:20 AM

According to distortiononline, it was Lodestar and Foil.

collapsed shell
08-06-2009, 09:23 AM
just think these fuckers could be meandering about OhiO right now...

ha.

see you all tomorrow!

dmiller9500
08-06-2009, 09:36 AM
According to distotiononline, it was Lodestar and Foil.

Well who ever it was, I was shocked that the guy was there to see them and not Tool.

collapsed shell
08-06-2009, 12:55 PM
well leaving work now. won't be back on the computer for awhile. i am really excited. hoping to have a great weekend with many cincy plans for the next two days. will be down there about noon tomorrow.

it will be a blast

420scooter
08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Well who ever it was, I was shocked that the guy was there to see them and not Tool.

Yeah, that is kinda shocking...kinda like when I got a free ticket to see the Rolling Stones at the horseshoe, who I respect, but don't care for a lot of their songs. The opening band was Blues Traveler, who I loved at the time, and I left in between the shows. The security guys at the gate thought I was nuts.

FrankBlack007
08-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah, that is kinda shocking...kinda like when I got a free ticket to see the Rolling Stones at the horseshoe, who I respect, but don't care for a lot of their songs. The opening band was Blues Traveler, who I loved at the time, and I left in between the shows. The security guys at the gate thought I was nuts.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to side with the security guys on that one :)

420scooter
08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to side with the security guys on that one :)

Just personal taste, AND, like I said, the ticket was given to me...if I had it to do over, I would stay for the show now, but I was by myself, surrounded by old people, and wanted to party with my friends, who were not at the show.

usedabused
08-06-2009, 01:19 PM
27 hours bitches until doors open!

FrankBlack007
08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Just personal taste, AND, like I said, the ticket was given to me...if I had it to do over, I would stay for the show now, but I was by myself, surrounded by old people, and wanted to party with my friends, who were not at the show.

I've done that before. I saw Megadeth open for Dio in '88 and, being no big fan of Dio, left with my friend before his set started so we could end it on a high. Pun intended.

FrankBlack007
08-06-2009, 01:48 PM
MY FRIDAY SCHEDULE:

Between 8am and 10am: Wake up

11am: Eat

1:30 pm: Head to local bar.

2:00 pm: Begin consumption of alcohol-infused specialties.

4:00 pm: Start really feeling the love.

5:30 pm: Prepare checking account for inevitable defeat at merch table.

6:00 pm: Have the designated driver (the missus) steer the vehicle towards Riverbend.

6:30 pm: Introduce a small amount of back pain medicine into my system with a smile.

6:45 pm: Now not only feeling the love, but likely seeing it in thin air.

7:00 pm: Devise strategy to proceed through security without giggling/tipping over.

7:30 pm: Surrender funds/house/soul at merch table. Must avoid weeping.

8:00 pm: Endure the agony of some ridiculously unnecessary noisemakers for an hour.

9:00 pm: Tranquility base reached. The Eagle has landed.

9ish - 11ish: MOVE BY WILL ALONE

Midnight: Return to base camp. Endure slow realization of money spent, but that it was worth it. Cry self to sleep.

Should be fun!

millermt
08-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a fun day Frank. Mine will be fairly similar. I'm thinking to head toward Cincy around 1:30 pm, which will put me near the venue by 4. Maybe hit the horse track for betting and drinking a couple hours. Then head to the parking lot to check out the tailgating situation. Probably won't head into the venue until after 8, but I'll look for you and you wife in your TA shirts.

FrankBlack007
08-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a fun day Frank. Mine will be fairly similar. I'm thinking to head toward Cincy around 1:30 pm, which will put me near the venue by 4. Maybe hit the horse track for betting and drinking a couple hours. Then head to the parking lot to check out the tailgating situation. Probably won't head into the venue until after 8, but I'll look for you and you wife in your TA shirts.

Hope to see you there, Miller. River Downs will be an ideal place to drink due to it's proximity, provided your walking skill has not been affected!

millermt
08-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Just found this on River Downs' website:
Join us each Friday during live racing in our Thirst N Howl Tiki Bar. There is no better place to unwind from the week. The atmosphere is laid back. The view is panoramic. Watch the horses prepare for the race and the fantastic finish as they both happen right in front of the Tiki Bar. To top it off, drafts are only $1.50 until 9pm every Friday. If a tropical drink is more your style, we serve them all. Get your Tiki on and join us for Bud Select Fridays. It’s a party with a payout!

A buck fifty drafts?! Um, yeah, I'll be over there!

FrankBlack007
08-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Just found this on River Downs' website:
Join us each Friday during live racing in our Thirst N Howl Tiki Bar. There is no better place to unwind from the week. The atmosphere is laid back. The view is panoramic. Watch the horses prepare for the race and the fantastic finish as they both happen right in front of the Tiki Bar. To top it off, drafts are only $1.50 until 9pm every Friday. If a tropical drink is more your style, we serve them all. Get your Tiki on and join us for Bud Select Fridays. It’s a party with a payout!

A buck fifty drafts?! Um, yeah, I'll be over there!

Holy living Jeebus, I wasn't aware of that! Could this be a tdn meetup place?

capthowdy1027
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Duuuude that's the meetup place for sure man. Let's do it!

I say we exchange some phone numbers so we can actually find each other. Anybody that plans on going to Riverdowns for beers shoot me a PM and you're real name, and I'll reply with mine.

For out of towners, Riverdowns is directly next door to the venue, so you can park and go to either or. This sounds like a perfect place to hang out before the show.

*edit*

Just realized dmiller9500 posted the exact same thing about Riverdowns on page one of this thread.

tooldude
08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
headin out around 130 - 200 tomorrow... should arrive in cincy around 4 - 430.. maybe grab a bite to eat then headin to pnc...gonna try to enjoy some herbal remedy in the parking lot....if it looks sketchy we'll burn one during the show... this is gonna be the best show of the tour for sure

millermt
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM

I say we exchange some phone numbers so we can actually find each other. Anybody that plans on going to Riverdowns for beers shoot me a PM and you're real name, and I'll reply with mine.

For out of towners, Riverdowns is directly next door to the venue, so you can park and go to either or. This sounds like a perfect place to hang out before the show.

*edit*

Just realized dmiller9500 posted the exact same thing about Riverdowns on page one of this thread.

Haha, not sure how I missed that post the first time. Maybe because the show was still so far away. I'm definitely up for meeting up there though. I'll be there with my brother probably between about 4 and 6.

FrankBlack007
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM

*edit*

Sent you a PM. Hope to be able (and functional) enough to meet with some of you. Just to let you know, I'm hard of hearing (yes, really) so if I do meet any of y'all be cool if I ask you to speak up. It's one of the reasons I tend to avoid people. Oh well, my wife usually acts as my translator and I doubt any of you are anything but the cool people you seem to be. Let's let this one rock.

Bogart, you up for this? Would love to shoot the shit over Halloween.

FrankBlack007
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
headin out around 130 - 200 tomorrow... should arrive in cincy around 4 - 430.. maybe grab a bite to eat then headin to pnc...gonna try to enjoy some herbal remedy in the parking lot....if it looks sketchy we'll burn one during the show... this is gonna be the best show of the tour for sure

+1 for Burn. If during the show, let me know where and when. Doubt we'll have a problem...so long as we're cool. Even better if it's outside River Downs in the parking lot, wink.

kanaduh
08-07-2009, 02:53 AM
i have 1 extra ticket in a very good seat close to stage for below face value. see ticket hookup for more details.

rembrandt_q_einstein
08-07-2009, 02:55 AM
HOLY SHIT! today is the day fuckos. i got goosebumps when i thought of jambi live. this is gonna be sick!

shauncav
08-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Really getting pumped for this concert....heading out from Detroit around 1!

capthowdy1027
08-07-2009, 05:58 AM
The day has finally come folks. Seemed like when tickets went on sale the show was still sooo far away, but here we are.

I'll be headed out around 3, going to pick up my friend, and getting there around 4. I'll be enjoying some beers at Riverdowns then headed to the show and rockin' the pit for the first time at a TOOL show. By far the best tickets I've ever had to see them, and probably the best seats I'll ever have.

Spiral Out... Keep Going.

usedabused
08-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Yeehaw!!

tooldude
08-07-2009, 09:51 AM
headin out...was planning on twittering the set list tonight but my updates arent showing up...i dont know what the deal is... heres the address but i cant guarantee it will work: www.twitter.com/corynew

capthowdy1027
08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm having the same problem with Twitter as well.

hbynoe
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
hallo guys...just landed in cincinnati checked into eastgate holiday inn and going to dinner then over to the venue around 6:30 or so..after our 17 hour greyhound journey 5 pm was just to early we are feeling completely fucked up so we are heading for coffee right now...

i really cant wait i am so excited.

p.s tool are fucking playing in the bush
p.p.s riverbend for beer sounds great..ill be in orange with a skirt with a short bald lassie..say hello peoples we come a long way

winste
08-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey hbynoe, how you getting to show.

Looking to split cab. Pm me. Anyone interested from eastgate holiday inn.

usedabused
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Sitting in traffic on the AA listening to Vicarious on 96.5. Getting pumped!!

usedabused
08-07-2009, 03:21 PM
So I'm sitting here in front of the pizza stand. I'm wearing black n white plaid shorts. Wave if you see me!!

CCP
08-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I think it would be a good day for them to mix it up a bit

jwb
08-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone? Maynard?

Mom?

usedabused
08-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Ha!! "Oh yeah, songs. Bye"