View Full Version : 08.08.09 Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

SadSummerSea
06-26-2009, 02:45 PM
August 08, 2009
Chicago, IL
Lollapolooza

Maz46&2
06-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Nice, thanks for the show threads. Ok, who's goin' to Lolla bitches?

Hodge
06-26-2009, 03:22 PM
edit: oops

deturm
06-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I'll be there. Never been to a festival of this scale, any idea of how early I'll need to get there to be close? I'm not big on Depeche Mode so I figured I'd head over to Kings of Leon earlier in the afternoon on Friday to get an idea of what it'll be like to fight my way to the front of the crowd.

Maz46&2
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I'll be there. Never been to a festival of this scale, any idea of how early I'll need to get there to be close? I'm not big on Depeche Mode so I figured I'd head over to Kings of Leon earlier in the afternoon on Friday to get an idea of what it'll be like to fight my way to the front of the crowd.

Well, I saw Radiohead last year and got there about 45 minutes before they took the stage and I was only able to get like half the way up to the stage. It just depends on how much you want to get bumped and rubbed on by the crowd, if you can handle that you could probably get up close as long as you get there like an hour before they go on stage

TheDude420
06-27-2009, 04:45 PM
the closer you get to the front of the stage, the more douchebaggery you will encounter at such festivals as this (at least in my experience). Maybe because these people have been at the front for a long time in the sun or maybe they fought tooth and nail to get up there or maybe its just an understood unspoken rule. Either way, get there early as you can and fight like a brave to get as close as you want and defend your spot with the ferocity of a badger

Runner701
06-28-2009, 06:22 AM
The Lollapalooza schedule is a bit disappointing - The top 6 headliners are all scheduled in time slots against each other... WTF.

Hodge
06-28-2009, 10:58 AM
ya that's retarded

tooldude
06-28-2009, 01:05 PM
ill be there... this will be my first lolla experience.. just hope i get a good view. we'll be staying at the congress across the street.

Maz46&2
06-28-2009, 03:23 PM
ill be there... this will be my first lolla experience.. just hope i get a good view. we'll be staying at the congress across the street.

I see you're going to Cincy the night before, eh? I considered that but it seemed too hectic a journey to make. Hopefully, I won't regret that decision.

lotus.
06-28-2009, 03:26 PM
I want to go sooo bad but I don't think that I'll have the money to go.

:"(

Hodge
06-28-2009, 03:30 PM

quit drugs and booze for 1 week

sonnyboy11
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
quit drugs and booze for 1 week

Blasphemer!

tooldude
06-29-2009, 07:09 AM
I see you're going to Cincy the night before, eh? I considered that but it seemed too hectic a journey to make. Hopefully, I won't regret that decision.

heck yeah... cincy is about 2 hours away and chicago is about 3 so were just gonna drive back home after the show friday rather than stay over night and go straight to chicago..im gonna be so sick of driving but itll be worth it...

isthesystemdown
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
im going...hope to see you toolies there...first lolla and paying the 80 big just for tool..worth it

slamminsalmon
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
quit drugs, and booze for 1 week

fixed

lotus.
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Maybe I will.

mikey6719
07-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Im hoping for a Missouri date!! KC seems more likely than SL, but just so they come back through one more time!

deturm
07-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Not Tool related, but Beastie Boys have canceled their appearance at Lollapalooza. Adam Yauch has been diagnosed with cancer. He's having surgery on it soon.

Looks like the lollapalooza management is gonna be in a scramble over the next couple weeks to find a replacement headliner, if they can at all. Might just move a pre-headliner up to the headliner slot and shift the schedule around. Unless they can find a replacement equal to the Beastie Boys I'd be expecting a larger crowd for Tool now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090720/ennew_afp/entertainmentusmusicbeastieyauch_20090720205058

the~vanishing
07-22-2009, 11:17 PM
so, to those of you who (if any) are/were still on the fence about going to lolla... has the outcome of these shows thus far influenced your decision one way or another?

as for me personally, i do still want to go. after the first couple shows i wasn't so sure, but the more i'm thinking about it, i just can't get around the fact that it's tool, and who knows how many more chances i'll get to see them.

i know some people last year who had a lot of luck getting in for really cheap buying tix at the gate... i'm almost thinking of trying my luck at ot since i'm totally poor right now and probably shouldn't be going at all. any suggestions?

the~vanishing
07-22-2009, 11:39 PM
eh... guilty as charged

but hey, at least i came around after a couple days :P

manny214
07-23-2009, 02:05 PM
i went to lollapalooza last year, had the best time of my life. seriously. last year the only problem was that it sold out. had flown in from dallas,tx for rage n radiohead and nin, bought some 3day wrist bands off some guy from craigslist(last resort), come saturday morning, the festival people at the gates were checking wristbands, came about our bead on the band was a fake. so they took our wristbands and got nothing in exchange. i couldnt miss rage against the machine, half the reason why i went, so me and the friends that came with too, we sat across the street where we had a view of the stage rage was gonna be playin at, but minutes before they did, the sirens came on, signaling rage was about to come out and trash the place, minutes later they came out, and right after their opening song, a whole bunch of us sitting across the street, rushed a fence and knocked it down, and hundreds of us flock in like ants, i got in with my bag full of budweiser and my blunts..heheh. that stampede made rage against the machine stand for everything they are, i was glad to take part of it.

i wish i could make it out there this year but no funds.. sad sad

lotus.
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
but minutes before they did, the sirens came on, signaling rage was about to come out and trash the place, minutes later they came out, and right after their opening song, a whole bunch of us sitting across the street, rushed a fence and knocked it down, and hundreds of us flock in like ants, i got in with my bag full of budweiser and my blunts..heheh. that stampede made rage against the machine stand for everything they are, i was glad to take part of it.

haha nice.

This is my plan, and yes it works I've done it more than once.

the~vanishing
07-23-2009, 03:54 PM
dude... i totally want to get in on that! lolla's my only chance to see tool this time around, but i probably don't have enough money to go

godhenry
08-04-2009, 12:02 AM
lolla here i come! i know you won't disappoint!!!

memberzonly
08-04-2009, 01:44 PM

yeah, me neither... def watching on tv instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3QFkEDGdM

lotus.
08-04-2009, 02:59 PM
yeah, me neither... def watching on tv instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3QFkEDGdM

Awesome! Thanks man.

Maz46&2
08-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Getting fucking stoked for this, bitches!

godhenry
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
flying out tonight from san francisco. wish me a safe trip and i'll see you bitches on the other side!

Maz46&2
08-04-2009, 06:58 PM
flying out tonight from san francisco. wish me a safe trip and i'll see you bitches on the other side!

Godspeed, buddy.

Hit me up with a pm if you wanna meet up for some brewskies before Tool's on.

One Dark Flame
08-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Alright everybody le'ts have a nice time this weekend! I;ll likely be in the "Chancellor Is God" t-shirt, maybe I'll get toolnavy written on the back or something. I am a tad worried about the venue as I am rather small and don't know if I should go towards the front of the stage or not.

Maz46&2
08-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Alright everybody le'ts have a nice time this weekend! I;ll likely be in the "Chancellor Is God" t-shirt, maybe I'll get toolnavy written on the back or something. I am a tad worried about the venue as I am rather small and don't know if I should go towards the front of the stage or not.

What's up with the new name, One Dark Flame aka Tool Aenema?

One Dark Flame
08-04-2009, 07:33 PM
What's up with the new name, One Dark Flame aka Tool Aenema?

Yeah, I needed the change. I remember when I picked it I was in such a hurry to see if I signed up correctly that I didn't really take the time to pick a good one. But thanks to Marcus and Dan I was allowed to make the change.

The name is a lyric from another band's song. but I probably shouldn't say which band as I don't think they'd be a favorable pick around these parts. :D

gahpg
08-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Will be gong this sat...excited! I'm a newbie for lolla and i'm personally not too excited about a festival, but it's tool damnit!

Question: What's the situation for merch? Will it be available all day? After the show? Where will it be sold?

TheChad1868
08-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I will be holding down a spot right in front of Adam all day. Driving from Dallas just to see this show. Look for me. I will be the guy butt naked with dilated pupils

Bichdya
08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Will be gong this sat...excited! I'm a newbie for lolla and i'm personally not too excited about a festival, but it's tool damnit!

Question: Where will it be sold?

http://www.lollapalooza.com/assets/images/in_the_park/map/2009_Lolla_Map_full.jpg

One Dark Flame
08-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Anyone think it'd be bad for me (at about 5'5) to go near the front with my sister who is a few inches shorter? I really don't wanna come home with her all banged up.

Cycloz
08-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Wow, the forecast sure changed from earlier in the week:

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 92. Heat index values as high as 100. South southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

kanaduh
08-08-2009, 07:35 AM
stupid thing sold out.
please give me a call/text if you have an extra ticket or two.
416-660-8906
meet at venue.

SadSummerSea
08-08-2009, 07:51 AM
that sucks kanaduh! hope you find a ticket.

Cycloz
08-08-2009, 07:55 AM
stupid thing sold out.
416-660-8906
meet at venue.

Nooooooooo!!! Guess that's what I get for waiting, huh? Really wanted to grab a signed poster as I missed out on them on the last 6 shows I went too for the 10,000 days Tour.

Anyone out there kind enough to grab me an extra? I'll pay $150.00 plus the cost to ship to me if anyone can grab an extra. Pretty please???

bozobuttz
08-08-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm going (today only) and it will be my first time to Lolla. I've seen Tool many times before though. I hope any bad weather will pass before 8:30pm. :-) The festivities have already started... gotta head downtown soon!!!

bozobuttz
08-08-2009, 08:26 AM
stupid thing sold out.
416-660-8906
meet at venue.

You can probably just head down there and I'm sure you won't have a problem finding tix.

gahpg
08-08-2009, 09:01 AM
alright...i'm heading out for this in a minute. High should be fucking 96. I'm prepared mentally and i'm ready to take on the shithole that is lollapalooza. I'll be wearing a blue camelbak and a yellow bad brains shirt if anyone wants to say hi. I should be camping out by the stage for a few hours before tool.

bozobuttz
08-09-2009, 07:16 AM
So I went by myself, took the Metra downtown, and met some girls from Topeka, KS on the train specifically going to see Tool. Finished my 44oz Rum and Coke drank before entering the festival around 2pm and I was pretty intoxicated until probably 8pm (fine with me)!

Briefly checked out the Animal Collective (DJ Set) per some girls recommendation on the train -- wasn't interested, so I moved along to Atmosphere. Next, Gomez but left to check out Perry Farrell & Special Guest. That was a wasted trip and walked BACK to the south end for Coheed and Cambria. Then TV on the Radio, Ben Harper and the Relentless7, and left just before 8 to make my way down to TOOL.

I also picked up what I guess is an "unofficial" Lollapalooza tie-dye shirt. Its pretty cool even though it says "Beastie Boys" on it. Dude wanted $20, I gave him $16 :-)
Later at the "Lolla Store", the turd(s) working there weren't willing to deal, so I ended up getting only the Tool poster for $25. They wouldn't even give me a fucking tube to put it in.

Waiting in line to fill a water bottle is retarded. -1 for Lollapalooza not having enough drinking fountains. How hot did it really get?

memberzonly
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
based on all these artists interviews fuse did, it looks like it rained a lot.. http://fuse.tv/tours/lollapalooza2009/video1.html

lolla on tv this Saturday if anyone's watching!

The Embryo 2
08-10-2009, 10:10 PM
based on all these artists interviews fuse did, it looks like it rained a lot.. http://fuse.tv/tours/lollapalooza2009/video1.html

lolla on tv this Saturday if anyone's watching!

It rained a lot on Friday.