View Full Version : 08.22.09 - Pomona, CA @ Epicenter Fest

SadSummerSea
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
August 22, 2009
Pomona (Fairgrounds), CA
Epicenter Festival

markuspoop
06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Will be there. Only like a 10 minute drive on I-10 for me. Should be good stuff.

sinadone
06-28-2009, 01:06 AM
'Bout 30 minutes for me, but I'll be there.

kanaduh
06-30-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm going to this show.

For Linkin' Park though, not tool.

MFF0RD6
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
delete

aevasquez
07-22-2009, 10:52 AM
so what are the best means of finding the cheapest tix for this festival. PM if you like.

SpiralingDown
07-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Anyone have any more info on the VIP tickets other than the generic description Ticketbastard gives?

Darkjackwolf
08-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm totally going, I'm currently trying to win tickets from I-Squad, you should join
http://i-squad.com/link/link/NTM0NDY3fDMzMQ==

MFF0RD6
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
so, we're up next...hoping they at least keep aenema in the setlist. haven't heard that one since 06

kanaduh
08-10-2009, 03:56 PM
probably going to be the same setlist, minus lost keys and the intermission

slamminsalmon
08-10-2009, 03:59 PM
this is the only one you missed huh kanaduh? wut made you change your mind? to go to all shows but the last?

livid star
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
So Blair has referred to the new "cover song." Maybe be prepared for that?! Or not!!

tooldude
08-11-2009, 07:16 AM
nah theyre not gonna play it

The Embryo 2
08-11-2009, 07:46 AM
nah theyre not gonna play it

At Lolla they teased "Passage to Bangkok" like they used to do back in the day. maybe they were rehearsing the whole song at one point?

anyway, many of the songs were structured tighter (shorter) and there was no drum off or extended jam.

Stinkfist was the "reworked" version though and it was KILLER.

SJC91
08-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I'll be there. I noticed Tom Morello's new band will be playing there...hes made a guest appearance with Tool in the past.

I think its possible he will this time too :)

kanaduh
08-11-2009, 05:28 PM
this is the only one you missed huh kanaduh? wut made you change your mind? to go to all shows but the last?

At the end of the day, I can't justify travelling to the other end of the continent to go to what usually equates to a less than prime tool experience at a festival - in ridiculous california inland heat for a setlist that is likely going to be the same as the previous 3 years and still shortened as it was at APW and Lolla.

The cost of going to this one show for me would be more than it costed me to go to the NY/Manchester/Kingston/Toronto/Cinci shows combined all costs included. Plus I should probably start paying off debts at this point, not adding more=/

Oh... but then again I could still go for Linkin Park!
/sarcasm.

kanaduh
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I'll be there. I noticed Tom Morello's new band will be playing there...hes made a guest appearance with Tool in the past.

I think its possible he will this time too :)

Very good point.

That is definately something to look forward to for those of you going to this festival.

ATARI
08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
only 2 more weeks until they do the exact same thing they've already done but cheers anyway

SJC91
08-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Didn't Junior say this would be their full stage production? That should make it better than Lolla and APW to an extent. Atleast I believe Lolla wasn't the full production...can someone verify this?

whiteleather
08-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Anyone hear of the set times for this festival yet?

tooldude
08-12-2009, 07:21 AM
theyre not out yet..
from their twitter page: "Music starts at 12! Stage annoucements and timetable to be announced soon!"

kanaduh
08-12-2009, 05:31 PM
if anyone thinks they could grab me a poster and ship it to canada please let me know. we can work something out...
thanks

MFF0RD6
08-13-2009, 12:09 PM
tool at 930 pm

SJC91
08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
tool at 930 pm

I know this is a stretch but its supposed to be 12 hours of music starting at 12 PM and ending at 12 AM. That gives Tool 2 and half hours! Longer setlist!?

I CAN DREAM!

kanaduh
08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I know this is a stretch but its supposed to be 12 hours of music starting at 12 PM and ending at 12 AM. That gives Tool 2 and half hours! Longer setlist!?

I CAN DREAM!

yes you can.

but no.

SJC91
08-13-2009, 09:15 PM
yes you can.

but no.

If it happens Ill laugh in your face!

But Im sure youll be the one laughing :-/

chrislog
08-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I am going to this show, the problem is I don't have a ticket. I am in mexico and they no longer sell international tickets on ticketmaster and stubhub does not ship to mexico. I had to wait until now to buy them because I had some issues with my airline confirmation. Could someone find in their hand the trust to buy an extra ticket and meet up with me before the show? Or maybe suggest some other way to buy it online? I am not very keen to buy it from scalpers on site, so maybe another fan can help me out?

Thanks

Ns1
08-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Very good point.

That is definately something to look forward to for those of you going to this festival.

I think it would be WAAAAAY sicker if SSSC did "Know Your Enemy" with MJK doing the vocals. Now THAT I dream for

(SSSC covered "Kick Out the Jams" w/Trent Reznor @SB Bowl this year...)

SJC91
08-14-2009, 06:13 PM
I think it would be WAAAAAY sicker if SSSC did "Know Your Enemy" with MJK doing the vocals. Now THAT I dream for

I thinks its safe to say that I would explode in my pants if this happened!

sinadone
08-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Anyone hear of the set times for this festival yet?

MONSTER ENERGY STAGE:
12:00 PM: After Midnight Project
12:50 PM: Sonny
2:00 PM: Paper Tongues
3:10 PM: Aesop Rock
4:20 PM: Atmosphere

**MAIN STAGE:
1:25 PM: Street Sweeper Social Club
2:35 PM: Hollywood Undead
3:45 PM: Atreyu
5:05 PM: Wolfmother
6:15 PM: Alice In Chains
7:40 PM: Linkin Park
9:30 PM: Tool
**In addition, DJ Mike of Scratch 'N Sniff will be spinning between sets on
the Main Stage

46inme
08-16-2009, 10:06 AM
So it is now a week a way and I'm feeling the pinch of this show. I was wondering if any of you great folk from the bay area are driving down next Saturday and might let me catch a ride. I'm so not last minute with this stuff but my plans have changed in the last week which is making it so I can go. I got $$ for gas and been to a bunch of shows and rather not do this one alone.. Drop me a PM if you can thanks, Taylor...

aevasquez
08-16-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm looking for some realy cheap tix for this show. Really just want one of their new shirts!!! Anybody care to help me out?

sonnyboy11
08-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Cheap? I want a free ticket if anyone is just looking to drop out. PM me. :P

/worth a shot

jwb
08-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Anybody doing a "play-by-play" for this show?
Twitter or here?

slamminsalmon
08-18-2009, 08:05 AM
do people really take the time to text while they are at a show?

sonnyboy11
08-18-2009, 08:07 AM
do people really take the time to text while they are at a show?

Errr- uhh yea! Who would do such a thing? That would just be lame!

markuspoop
08-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Cheap? I want a free ticket if anyone is just looking to drop out. PM me. :P

/worth a shot

I, too, will also take a free ticket to the show.

C'mon guys start giving out those free tickets to us.

jwb
08-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Errr- uhh yea! Who would do such a thing? That would just be lame!

<jwb looks nervously to his left, then back to the right right>

"Not me."

<jwb slowly exits the forum>

MFF0RD6
08-18-2009, 03:59 PM

it was in chula vista (on my birthday)...cool moment

kanaduh
08-18-2009, 05:11 PM
<jwb looks nervously to his left, then back to the right right>

"Not me."

<jwb slowly exits the forum>

hah.

so... who's sending me the cyanide pills if and when they break out pushit in pomona?
that would be cruel and unusual punishment indeed.

sonnyboy11
08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
hah.

so... who's sending me the cyanide pills if and when they break out pushit in pomona?
that would be cruel and unusual punishment indeed.

Oh don't do that! I am already thinking about passing up on this one. And I can actually make it!

jwb
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh don't do that! I am already thinking about passing up on this one. And I can actually make it!

I sincerely hope for the sake of Kanaduh's sanity that they don't bust out some crazy shit Saturday night, but it would still be cool if someone - (Sonnyboy get your ass to the show) could give us Eastcoasters an "in game" update.

markuspoop
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I still haven't decided whether or not I'm gonna go yet either, even though it's like a 10 minute drive. If I do go though there won't be any "in-concert" texting.

My celly always stays in the car at any/all concerts.

sonnyboy11
08-19-2009, 01:50 PM
I'll go but I am kinda hoping for someone looking to dump their ticket last minute for a reduced rate. I am gonna just show up in time for Tool, I think. I've had enough festival crowds for one year.

Carny_Handles
08-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I still haven't decided whether or not I'm gonna go yet either, even though it's like a 10 minute drive. If I do go though there won't be any "in-concert" texting.

My celly always stays in the car at any/all concerts.

same. I really dont understand why people would rather text while at a concert, just stay home IMO if you're not going to enjoy yourselves. Good live shows require you to be in the moment 100% to walk away with that after sex feeling.

tooldude
08-19-2009, 03:15 PM
from blair on toolarmy:
"The band had planned on performing a new cover (as JUSTIN mentioned in an interview), even playing it at SOME of the rehearsals (which I mentioned), but then decided against it. Some band members wanted to play it, but one (maybe 2) didn’t (for personal reasons). Unless you’re stupid enough to think I decide the set list, what’s your problem? I simply posted what I was told: That there was going to be a new cover. They even rehearsed it, but when it came time for the tour, at least one band member had a change of heart (which, under the circumstances, I completely understand). Maybe they will perform it some day. Maybe not. Who knows?"

so i think its safe to say they wont be playing any covers at pomona

sonnyboy11
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
from blair on toolarmy:
"The band had planned on performing a new cover (as JUSTIN mentioned in an interview), even playing it at SOME of the rehearsals (which I mentioned), but then decided against it. Some band members wanted to play it, but one (maybe 2) didn’t (for personal reasons). Unless you’re stupid enough to think I decide the set list, what’s your problem? I simply posted what I was told: That there was going to be a new cover. They even rehearsed it, but when it came time for the tour, at least one band member had a change of heart (which, under the circumstances, I completely understand). Maybe they will perform it some day. Maybe not. Who knows?"

so i think its safe to say they wont be playing any covers at pomona

Here's how that paragraph really should've read

"Danny, Justin and Adam had planned on performing a new cover (as JUSTIN mentioned in an interview), even playing it at SOME of the rehearsals (which I mentioned), but then decided against it. Danny, Justin and Adam wanted to play it, but Maynard didn’t (for personal reasons). Unless you’re stupid enough to think I decide the set list, what’s your problem? I simply posted what I was told: That there was going to be a new cover. Danny, Justin and Adam even rehearsed it, but when it came time for the tour, Maynard said no (which, under the circumstances, I completely understand). Maybe they will perform it some day. But probably not as long as Maynard is the singer for this band."

tooldude
08-19-2009, 03:47 PM
lol exactly....playing a new cover song meant he would have to actually put forth some effort instead of standing in the back collecting checks.. and that hurt his feelings

BillCosbysBalls
08-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Blair and Tool have devolved into such fucking pricks.

Is it the fans? Than stop playing fucking shows.
Are you not feeling the music anymore? Than stop playing shows.
Is Maynard disgusted by the idiotic crowds who scream like dipshits during very personal songs like Wings (which he stated in an interview?) Than move your shows to smaller venues and don't allow beer. Do a mini club tour and run off the dipshit fans by playing a bunch of shit you want to play the way you want to.
Is something wrong with Maynard or someone else in the band? Is he sick, something serious, seomthing we don't have a right to know about? Fine....nothing wrong with that. Just don't play the fucking shows.
You think you have reached the pinnacle of your set and you have found the perfect setlist that captures the essence of your message and sound? I doubt it or else you wouldn't be so fucking pissy.
You want to break up but can't because of contract and obligations, etc? Than SAY it. Shit, people would still come to your shows.

And to have the unmitigated gall to try to milk your fans for overpriced bullshit T-Shirts and donations for Alex Gray and Toolshrine after people are paying 100s of dollars for tickets in the worst economy since the Great Depression is downright disgusting.

So Blair and Maynard obviously think this isn't fair that we are holding them to such high standards, and that if we don't like it, than don't show up, etc....that's bullshit and they know it. If you don't want to be held to any standards than don't go on tour! Play in your jam room for your own enjoyment! Why charge money and lie about covers to string people along to swindle fans out of their money. Do you think that makes you like Led Zeppelin or The Who or something? FUCK. THAT.

Look at Faith No More's tour for a contrast. Not bullshit ticket and shirt prices, no prima donna attitude, long varied set lists, direct communication with fans through Twitter where they graciously communicate and expand and explore their setlist....I mean....that is something I would think Tool would be down with. Something unpretentious and real and progressive.

I am so disgusted with the way they are now that I am just losing respect to the point I just wish they would quit.

BillCosbysBalls
08-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Here's how that paragraph really should've read

"Danny, Justin and Adam had planned on performing a new cover (as JUSTIN mentioned in an interview), even playing it at SOME of the rehearsals (which I mentioned), but then decided against it. Danny, Justin and Adam wanted to play it, but Maynard didn’t (for personal reasons). Unless you’re stupid enough to think I decide the set list, what’s your problem? I simply posted what I was told: That there was going to be a new cover. Danny, Justin and Adam even rehearsed it, but when it came time for the tour, Maynard said no (which, under the circumstances, I completely understand). Maybe they will perform it some day. But probably not as long as Maynard is the singer for this band."

What is bullshit about the original Blair quote is that it said "When it came time for the tour, one of the band members backed out" Assuming that is not a misquote or Blair misspoke, than why was he telling people DURING THE TOUR that they were gearing up to play the cover if it was decided they wouldn't play it BEFORE THE TOUR STARTED?

Im starting to think that either Blair is a complete fucking asshole, Maynard has something seriously wrong with him like a terminal illness and doesn't want to tell anyone, or someone in the band needs a fucking kidney transplant or something...

I mean...how difficult was it for Tool to play that Ramones cover before the New York show? I mean...it's a big deal to expect a touring band to mix up the setlist with one fucking song?

It feels like we are being punished or something. It's completely baffling.

Dylanja
08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
I just wanna kiss you right now Bill Cosby's Balls!!

Metamorphose
08-20-2009, 08:56 PM
almost time =]

Metamorphose
08-20-2009, 08:58 PM
9:30 pm - 12:00 am

2 1/2 hours of outside full stage setup tool =]]

mwest24
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM

How do you figure? as sweet as that would be, that's a dream.

kanaduh
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM

Don't get your hopes up.

Just because the festival website or program says that, doesn't mean it's true.

Tool is almost certainly going to play the same setlist as the previous 3 festivals; the same setlist as the rest of the tour minus 1-2 songs (lost keys or anemea removed)

2 hours at best.

sonnyboy11
08-20-2009, 11:40 PM
I just wanna kiss you right now Bill Cosby's Balls!!

You finally registered here Dylan! Welcome.

SJC91
08-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Looks like the weather is gonna be relatively cloudy and Ive seen reports of isolated thunderstorms! Should be pretty awesome! Maybe the thunder will inspire the guys to bust out Wings! I wish haha

mwest24
08-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Don't get your hopes up.

Just because the festival website or program says that, doesn't mean it's true.

Tool is almost certainly going to play the same setlist as the previous 3 festivals; the same setlist as the rest of the tour minus 1-2 songs (lost keys or anemea removed)

2 hours at best.

I don't think anything says that. I've seen it say "12 hours of music" but with 2 stages, that's the reason. Add up all bands sets from both stages and it is 12 hours

EGG-MAN
08-21-2009, 06:00 PM
watch the weather change...

pris0n
08-21-2009, 10:55 PM

I thought the same thing when they played Coachella a couple years back. Especially since Depeche Mode the night before played for like 3 hours straight or something crazy like that.

...They ended up coming out half an hour late and then playing for like an hour and a half.

Don't get your hopes up.

Authority
08-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Anybody thinking an AIC cover. I mean it is Laynes birthday. Maybe that's why Maynards got personal reasons he doesn't want to do it.

livid star
08-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Anybody thinking an AIC cover. I mean it is Laynes birthday. Maybe that's why Maynards got personal reasons he doesn't want to do it.

No, nobody's thinking that! It's Tori Amos' birthday....John Lee Hooker's birthday, maybe they'll play some of that shizzz.

I think someone before said it best, Maynard backed out because it would have required effort to do a cover. He's obviously butt hurt over all of the fuss about the set list and how HE is directly attributed to the shittiness of it. I would also have to concure that TOOL should not tour anymore. Today's touring TOOL is pathetic.

Authority
08-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Jerry is also going to be there. What better guest guitarist for a cover on a special day.

whiteleather
08-22-2009, 09:19 AM
They're only going to play for 1.5 hours......I read on the epicenter site that "curfew was at 11:00 PM......just enjoy the concert for what it is.....a festival type event. Wolfmother and AIC should be good to see as well, so even if Tool isn't at their best it should be a good concert.

EGG-MAN
08-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Today is my 9,929th day on planet earth... I have only said this phrase 15 other times in my life..."Im going to see tool TODAY." Today is lucky number 16. Rounded up that is .16% of my life listening/seeing tool live... So pumped on the same set...

banned
08-22-2009, 09:54 AM
"Suppose I should wrap up things here at the winery and get to the airport. Apparently I have an appointment this evening..about 2 hours ago from web

Sounds like he's super pumped.

Carny_Handles
08-22-2009, 01:11 PM

i wish he would just stay at his winery, i'd rather hear an instrumental set than to have his dumb ass on stage fantasizing about doing anything other than being there. Its clear he does not want to be there, they should fire him and just make music. With 10kd its obvious his lyrics suck.

Maz46&2
08-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Hahaha, Carny_Handles, I like your location. I thought my buddy coined the "Pen15" club but I was wrong.

sinadone
08-22-2009, 03:18 PM
did I miss something? what is all this rage about?

aevasquez
08-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I believe KROQ.com is gonna live stream the show tonight...i believe. Dont know if Tool ok'd that.

Screech1989
08-22-2009, 03:35 PM

What is that a quote from?

Czisi
08-22-2009, 04:13 PM
It's from Maynard's Winery Twitter Account.

Screech1989
08-22-2009, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=Czisi;2778787]It's from Maynard's Winery Twitter Account.[/QUOTE

Ah, I see it now. Hard to tell if it's sarcasm or not. It more than likely is.

Czisi
08-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I'm also hoping they live stream it on KROQ.com as aevasquez stated earlier. They've shown everything so far so I'm hoping they'll show Tool as well.

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 07:18 PM
The KROQ feed is scrolling the following

Sorry Kids. Tool has asked not to be webcast.

aevasquez
08-22-2009, 07:19 PM
The KROQ feed is scrolling the following

Sorry Kids. Tool has asked not to be webcast.

saw it too. facking shit!!!

Czisi
08-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Damn!

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 07:21 PM
No surprise there guys. They have never allowed that afaik.

Alex in Chains
08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Fuck Tool.

no_name
08-22-2009, 07:23 PM
wish i was there to watch it.

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 07:27 PM
wish i was there to watch it.

Hm. Well, for me anyway, it's not that hard to miss this one. I would have been all over a stand alone show, even with the same set list they are doing every night.

mondegreen
08-22-2009, 07:33 PM
No surprise there guys. They have never allowed that afaik.

You're right. Would it kill them to play along and let everyone check out the last show of their short summer tour?

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 07:39 PM
You're right. Would it kill them to play along and let everyone check out the last show of their short summer tour?

This isn't a recent development though. They're not doing it to be vindictive or spiteful to their fans. They decided on this early on in their career and I respect the decision. They simply don't want any 'official' live videos. They could easily do one and make millions off it but they have stuck to their guns on the path they have chosen. Any other band would've caved in by now.

Alex in Chains
08-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I only missed it because I couldn't afford it. I really wanted to go because I haven't gone to that many shows this year, there's the possibility of a tasty new cover, they've been playing "Flood" (which I've never seen live), and I think it's entirely possible that this will be their last show ever. So I'm bummed I couldn't go, but I'm PISSED that Tool won't let KROQ webcast them. Do they think they're special?

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I only missed it because I couldn't afford it. I really wanted to go because I haven't gone to that many shows this year, there's the possibility of a tasty new cover, they've been playing "Flood" (which I've never seen live), and I think it's entirely possible that this will be their last show ever. So I'm bummed I couldn't go, but I'm PISSED that Tool won't let KROQ webcast them. Do they think they're special?

Well, I hear ya on the first half of your post, except to say I am the exact opposite. I have laid down MAJOR coin on shows this year, including travelling to two different cities to see Tool twice on this current tour.

On the second half of your post I don't agree with the sentiment. See my post above yours. This is nothing new for Tool. They don't think they're 'special' in the area of not having themselves filmed live, it's just something they've decided to do and how they want the band respresented. It's not a recent development.

aevasquez
08-22-2009, 07:45 PM

Im in the same boat my friend. Facking sucks!!!

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 07:49 PM
BTW, how ya doin Alex? Long time no see. Did not realize you haven't seen Flood live! I'd elaborate on how good it is but I ain't gonna rub it in! Definitely one of their best tunes on this tour.

WingsForMarie
08-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Is anyone live tweeting the predictable setlist?

Alex in Chains
08-22-2009, 07:54 PM
BTW, how ya doin Alex? Long time no see. Did not realize you haven't seen Flood live! I'd elaborate on how good it is but I ain't gonna rub it in! Definitely one of their best tunes on this tour.

I'm okay. I'd be doing a lot better if I could have gone to Epicenter.

But I did get to see Cursive five times this year, so I guess I can't complain too much . . . How have you been?

Roderick
08-22-2009, 07:55 PM
damn it.it seems that they aren't gonna be webcast

it said:"Sorry kids: Tool has asked not to be webcast."

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Is anyone live tweeting the predictable setlist?

Well, I am not there but let me go ahead and save you the time of reading some noob's tweets

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Aenema
Lateralus
Vicarious

:D

Alex in Chains
08-22-2009, 07:57 PM
They're supposedly going to play the cover tonight, too.

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm okay. I'd be doing a lot better if I could have gone to Epicenter.

But I did get to see Cursive five times this year, so I guess I can't complain too much . . . How have you been?

All good. Mostly work crap and a lot of travel going on for me. Still, getting in a few shows here and there. Saw Steely Dan last night do all of Aja (yes, I am old!). Great time and the band was awesome. Going to see Echo and the Bunnymen in Oct do all of Ocean Rain at Nokia Theater. Still bumming about Beastie Boys cancelling their tour- I had good seats for their show at the Hollywood Bowl, but what can ya do? I have a friend who can get me into the Pixies so I'll probably check them out again coming up.

Other than that, it's low key time. It's hard for me to miss a Tool show so close to home to be honest. But I have been out of town for the last 3 weeks and then I worked a 50 hour week at work this past week. It's just good to be home tonight talking with everyone here. :)

WingsForMarie
08-22-2009, 08:02 PM
what the fuck supposed cover, i thought blair said a "certain band member" vetoed the cover.

jwb
08-22-2009, 08:02 PM
So is anyone going to do an "in-game?"

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 08:04 PM

I already did one, brutha! :P

Carny_Handles
08-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, I am not there but let me go ahead and save you the time of reading some noob's tweets

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Aenema
Lateralus
Vicarious

:D

pretty close, here is what they played:

Jambi
(-) ions
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
- "10,000 Days / Wings for Marie" drum / bass tease
Flood
Aenima
- "Prison Sex" guitar tease
Lateralus
Vicarious

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 08:44 PM
pretty close, here is what they played:

Jambi
(-) ions
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
- "10,000 Days / Wings for Marie" drum / bass tease
Flood
Aenima
- "Prison Sex" guitar tease
Lateralus
Vicarious

Heh- we'll both being eatin shiat when someone posts the real set list and they played A Passage To Bangkok in its entirety!

Hodge
08-22-2009, 08:47 PM

found one: http://twitter.com/h_odge

jwb
08-22-2009, 08:53 PM

Someone please tell me this guy is just fucking around and they didn't just open with H.

aevasquez
08-22-2009, 08:54 PM

H. Opener??? ARe you serious!!!

sonnyboy11

Dude just said they opened with H. No they did not. I do not believe that for a minute.

tooldude
no fuckin way.............

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Someone please tell me this guy is just fucking around and they didn't just open with H.

H'e bullshittin. Even if they did H., they'd never open with it. They opened with Jambi. Period.

aevasquez
08-22-2009, 08:58 PM
jambi...stinkfist thus far...

Choke
08-22-2009, 09:00 PM
they opened with Hooker with a hairy butthole

aevasquez
08-22-2009, 09:10 PM
apparantely Maynard is in crutches

Hodge
08-22-2009, 09:13 PM
sober w/ jerry cantrell

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 09:18 PM
sober w/ jerry cantrell

Good news! Although I am pretty burned out on Sober live, that's a nice tribute.

jwb
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
http://twitpic.com/eyk3g

jwb
08-22-2009, 09:26 PM
From Aaron Harris hanging out next to junior from the looks of the pic...
http://img193.yfrog.com/i/t2dd.jpg/

One Dark Flame
08-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Good news! Although I am pretty burned out on Sober live, that's a nice tribute.

What do you mean "tribute" kind sir? Thinking Layne? Would be nice if he was mentioned tonight, this is a rough day for our history.

Hodge
08-22-2009, 09:32 PM
h jambi stinkfist 46n2 sober rosetta flood

One Dark Flame
08-22-2009, 09:32 PM

was the h. thing a joke?

aevasquez
08-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Facking ey man....should've just gone and hoped to land a tix. fack. lol

jwb
08-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Someone tweeted that it's the same setlist as Chicago, probably no H.

tooldude
08-22-2009, 09:35 PM

i dont believe you... anyone else at the show confirm this??

aevasquez
08-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Someone tweeted that it's the same setlist as Chicago, probably no H.

yup saw that too on twitter...nobody else has confirmed it

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 09:39 PM
What do you mean "tribute" kind sir? Thinking Layne? Would be nice if he was mentioned tonight, this is a rough day for our history.

Is not today Layne's birthday? And Tool gets to bring Jerry up to guest on a song that is appropriate to Layne's legacy. Not sure I see the problem with it. We can't bring back the dead, but we can pay tribute to them.

The H. thing was a joke kids.

One Dark Flame
08-22-2009, 09:40 PM
would be neat if mjk mentioned layne in some way.

Hodge
08-22-2009, 09:44 PM
100 bucks lateralus is with sean kinney tonight

One Dark Flame
08-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Is not today Layne's birthday? And Tool gets to bring Jerry up to guest on a song that is appropriate to Layne's legacy. Not sure I see the problem with it. We can't bring back the dead, but we can pay tribute to them.

The H. thing was a joke kids.

I have no problem at all with it, I'd think it was the coolest f-in thing about this tour if that's the reason they did it.

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 09:52 PM
I have no problem at all with it, I'd think it was the coolest f-in thing about this tour if that's the reason they did it.

Agreed. I guess we may never get a confirmation of that though. We'll just be expected to figure it our on our own.

It looks like they pulled Schism for the Sober performance. Too bad tney could not have just done both! But frankly, it's the first time in years they have not done Schism.

tooldude
08-22-2009, 09:56 PM
http://twitpic.com/eyk3g

that looks an awful lot like the schism video... ?

RosettaStoned1992
08-22-2009, 10:08 PM
i highly doubt there will be anything different played tonight

sonnyboy11
08-22-2009, 10:12 PM
i highly doubt there will be anything different played tonight

They didn't. Although now our Twitter friend is saying the played A Pasage to Bangkok. Sure.

Czisi
08-22-2009, 10:14 PM
I think the concert is already over now, someone just uploaded the end of Vicarious audio.

One Dark Flame
08-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Did they play Sober? I didn't see it listed in the other thread and after making up the H. thing I am starting to wonder...

sonnyboy11
08-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Nope. They played the exact setlist they always do. Turns out Hodge is just a fuckin idiot.

Hodge
08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
sober + h = awesome

SJC91
08-23-2009, 12:58 AM
They did infact tease A Passage to Bangkok...there was no Lost Keys. As far as I remember >_> the tease took its place.

mondegreen
08-23-2009, 03:39 AM
This isn't a recent development though. They're not doing it to be vindictive or spiteful to their fans. They decided on this early on in their career and I respect the decision. They simply don't want any 'official' live videos. They could easily do one and make millions off it but they have stuck to their guns on the path they have chosen. Any other band would've caved in by now.

With the exception of the proshot Sober video from 93, which is awesome,btw.

Alex in Chains
08-23-2009, 07:13 AM
what the fuck supposed cover, i thought blair said a "certain band member" vetoed the cover.

Didn't read that. I wonder which band member that could possibly have been . . .

markuspoop
08-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Show was good. Enjoyed AIC, to my suprised actually enjoyed most of Linkin Park (was funny though because at 1 point during there set the power went out and I turned to my girlfriend and said, "Better now than in an hour when Tool's on" which got me a few evil-looks from I suppose Linkin Park fans)

Was kinda bullshit though that Chester ran out his side-project out during a break in Linkin Park's set. No one wanted to hear them, and many boo'ed (I only yelled out Boo-urns a few times, wonder if anyone got it), some even threw stuff at those clowns.

Tool was good. Maynard didn't seem anymore talkative than usual, to me. Shit he didn't even say anything like "see ya next time" or anything like that before Vicarious. I definitely didn't suspect him to be on any drugs, as some people think he was on opiates for his sprained ankle or whatever he did to hurt himself picking his grapes.

Justin absolutely killed on Flood (especially the beginning).

It was also nice to see the "regular" version of Lateralus and the OTR Schism with the breakdown in the middle killed, as usual.

All in all, a good show. #10 for me and #8 for my lady friend/special lady. Also enjoyed getting out of the parking lot within 15 minutes after the show and being home 10 minutes after that.

Also, there was no .H, no Sober with Jerry Cantrell, no extended jam session/drumsturbation during Lateralus, and they did tease Passage To Bankok before Rosetta Stoned.

kanaduh
08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
100 bucks lateralus is with sean kinney tonight
fail.

good effort though

Hodge
08-28-2009, 12:19 AM
:(

seemed so logical too

kanaduh
08-28-2009, 03:21 PM
so did tom morello